Escape

Sharapova's Grunt

Jessica woke up to see Taeyeon was gone already. She wanted to see her lover early in the morning but she knew that the girl had a schedule that chained her to her job. Although staying in bed would be a nice reward for hurting herself, Jessica was not used to this luxury called time so she got up to explore the confines that Taeyeon locked her into. As Jessica was to reach for her crutches, she found a note attached:

“Gorjess ♥

It was a shame that you couldn’t see this beautiful girl I woke up to early this morning.

I will be back to meet you for dinner time, but I have a schedule at night too. Wait for me!

I left a list of places that deliver on the fridge for you to order lunch.

Remember to rest well!

I will treat you for dinner I promise ♥

            ~Lover”

Jessica was almost on the bed rolling around in laughter from the girl’s version of affection. Reminded her of a lovesick high schooler but this girl was becoming more charming the more time she spent with her.

Jessica was curious about Taeyeon so she carefully made her way around the apartment trying to figure out what this girl was like. Most of the time Jessica was laughing at the random childish things that were spread around the place like stuffed animals or comics in the bookshelf. Yet the woman was good at her job with numerous awards and pictures with famous people she met. Jessica was getting tired from walking around with the crutches so she sat on the couch with her laptop she got from her travel bag.

Like always, Jessica checks her email and saw her coach sent her a training schedule, “I guess this break ended fast. My coach will be the death of me this year.” Jessica turned her computer off after jotting down the notes from her coach and got up to go shower and change clothes.

After changing, Jessica started to rummage around the apartment for a spare key. She almost gave up but then saw them hanging in the most obvious place; next to the door. “Taeyeon can’t lock me in here forever!” Jessica called a taxi to pick her up, “I just have to be back before supper and Taeyeon won’t even know I am gone...” Or that is what she thought.

 

------------------------------

 

Taeyeon was tired from waking up so early this morning to go in for an interview. While the questions were being thrown at her, she was fighting the tiredness that wanted to consume her back into the wonderful dreamland she longed for. “Taeyeon, there are rumors that you are dating. Is this true?”

Taeyeon was in a daze, “Mmm yea.”

“It is true you are dating?! Who is it?” The interviewer got really excited causing Taeyeon to pay attention again.

“I am sorry, what was the question again?”

“Who are you dating?”

Taeyeon knew she was in trouble. She just spurted out the truth by accident, “I didn’t mean to say that. I am not dating.”

The interviewer looked at the nervous girl in front of her, she knew the girl was hiding something but she didn’t pursue the question further.

 

Taeyeon finished the interview and looked at her manager with pleading eyes, “Please say I have a break to sleep some.”

“Did you want to go home? The photographer for your modeling job had flight issues so he can’t come in today. You have the rest of the day off till that variety show at night.” Taeyeon’s eyes lit up when she heard those magical words, schedule canceled. It was a rare phrase but one that was her favorite to hear.

“Can we pick food up on the way home?”

“I don’t see why not.” Taeyeon was smiling happily because she will be able to surprise Jessica by coming home in time for lunch.

The whole ride home, Taeyeon was daydreaming about Jessica being so happy to see Taeyeon while leaping into her arms...wait...she is hurt so she can’t jump. Maybe Jessica will be so happy that she just cover’s Taeyeon’s face with kisses.

“Taeyeon...” The manager tried calling out for the girl but she was still lost in her thoughts, “Taeyeon...” Taeyeon finally heard her manager.

“Yes?”

“What food do you want?”

“Oh. Chinese?”

Taeyeon and her manager picked up the food and went to Taeyeon’s apartment. Taeyeon carried the food in disappointing her manager once again that the second order of food was not for him. Also left him wondering why she wanted two orders of food to begin with but that girl was unique he had to admit.

The door unlocked and Taeyeon ran in happily, “Jess...i..ca!” The happiness faded when she heard no reply, so she put the food on the table and searched the apartment to find it empty. Depression hit hard, “did she run away?”

 

-----------------------------

 

Jessica arrived at the exclusive and very expensive tennis club which she belonged to. As the top star in tennis for Korea, they practically gave her the membership and private court time for free although membership fees were almost $100,000 (USD) per year. The cost was meant weed out most of the society and to serve only the upper class of Korean society like politicians, celebrities and chaebols. Jessica started to intermingle with the upper class after she was given acceptance into this club about 5 years ago. Unknown to Taeyeon, Jessica has many celebrity friends and has seen Taeyeon at several parties before, but never once did they interact. Before, Jessica didn’t like the younger singers thinking they were arrogant from their sudden fame.

“Jessica why are you here? You are injured!” Jessica smiled when she saw her friend standing there.

“When has an injury stopped me from training before?”

“You seem invincible.”

“I have to be to make a living, but I have to go train quickly.”

“Wow you just come back to Korea and injured, but you are already this busy to not talk to one of your good friends?”

“Yuri...I love your company and we need to catch up some more but I really need to...”

Yuri gave Jessica a quick hug, “I was just giving you a hard time, take it easy. Call me so we can get lunch.”

“Okay.” Jessica smiled and waved Yuri good-bye. It was maybe 10 years ago when they met. Right before Jessica became a professional tennis player, her and Yuri met by chance due to family connections. They went to the same party together that Yuri’s parents hosted and Jessica’s family was invited to although Jessica’s parents only recently met the Kwon family.

At first, Yuri and Jessica didn’t get along but Yuri grew on Jessica over the years and the two families became closer. It wasn’t out of the ordinary that two very wealthy families become connected this way. Yuri’s father was in the fashion industry that provided luxury clothing items and as a present, Yuri had some of Jessica’s tennis outfits designed personally by her father. She loved spending time with Yuri, but as time went on they became distant due to Jessica’s professional career and Yuri was preparing to take over the family business by going abroad to learn fashion in Paris. It wasn’t until Jessica joined this tennis club that her and Yuri resparked their friendship.

Jessica was smiling from reminiscing about good times with Yuri that she almost walked past the gym that was in the huge tennis club. One perk about being a member at this club was the training equipment was the best. Like routine, Jessica started her regular workout and did some extra exercises like her coach instructed.

Several hours passed and Jessica looked down at her watch to see that it was lunch time already. “Wow time passes by fast when I get focused.” Jessica decided to take a break for lunch and then come back to finish some stuff that she didn’t get to yet. After a quick shower, Jessica got her clothes and changed before looking at her phone. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw several missed calls from Taeyeon and some interesting text messages:

“Where are you?”

“I am getting worried.”

“Did you get sick of me?”

“I didn’t mean to lock you up...I thought you wanted rest.”

“Please come back...I miss you!!!!”

“If you don’t like me then tell me! Don’t lead me on.”

“I didn’t mean that. I am just worried.”

“Call me at least I know you are alright.”

“I understand if you want to leave but let me know you are okay...”

“I am waiting...please”

“Jessssssssiiiiccccccccccccaaaa!”

“Pllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaseeee”

“Callll Meeeeee”

Jessica laughed at the bipolar girl so she called her quick. It didn’t even take one ring before it was answered, “Jessica! Where are you? Did you get hurt? Kidnapped? Are you going...”

“Taeyeon calm down!”

“How can I be calm when you are missing?”

“I am not missing.”

“My apartment is empty. You are missing.”

“Why are you home anyway? I only left while you were going to be out.”

“I came home for lunch. Schedule changed. Are you going to come back?”

“Yes I miss you. Yes I will come back. No I wouldn’t leave you.”

The line was silent, “Okay.”

Jessica laughed at the girl who was worried about nothing. Instead of coming back to the club later she thought it was better to just go back to Taeyeon’s apartment to please the girl. Never would she have thought that Taeyeon would overreact but the possessiveness from this girl was kind of cute.

 

--------------------------

 

Taeyeon hung up the phone and waited around for Jessica to come back. It baffled her on where the girl could go when she was injured like that. Also why would she want to leave? Wouldn’t one want to rest? Taeyeon had so many questions she wanted to ask the girl.

After half an hour, Jessica finally entered the apartment to see Taeyeon already facing the door waiting there. Jessica gulped as if she was in trouble.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello readers ^^ Took a bit longer than I thought to get this out but life happens. Enjoy ^^