Only Us

Sharapova's Grunt

Taeyeon was riding back home after a long day of schedules. She looked out the window but a shop caught her eyes, “Wait manager oppa! Can we stop here for a second.”

“Ah no problem.” The car stopped suddenly and Taeyeon got out and ran into the store before someone spotted her.

“Hello miss! Oh my...aren’t you?”

“Ya I am Taeyeon but can you help me a bit?”

The store keeper was more than happy to help Taeyeon pick out anything she liked. “What are you looking for?”

Taeyeon thought of an excuse to why she would be in this type of store, “Oh ah my mom’s birthday is coming up. She ah...has an April birthstone so a diamond would be good.” Taeyeon high-fived herself in her head for thinking up such a great lie to hide her true intentions.

“Oh a diamond...what is your price range?”

“Money isn’t a problem...umm she is active and works with her hands so nothing too grand.” Taeyeon was on a roll with this low-discression thing.

“How about this one. It is a hot seller.”

“I want it to be more unique...” After looking for a while, Taeyeon found the one she was looking for, “That one!”

 

 

Taeyeon made it back to her apartment smiling like an idiot from her recent purchase. However disappointment crossed her face not knowing when would be the appropriate time to give her gift. She put the gift in her pocket and decided to visit her “neighbor.”

 

Jessica answered her door when she heard the knock. A warm body pressed on her when she opened the door, “Taeng?”

The girl looked up at her lover, “You expecting someone else?”

“Never...oh did you see we made the news together?”

Taeyeon felt a cold shiver go through her body with that statement but since Jessica wasn’t upset or worried, it couldn’t have been about their relationship, “I have been busy all day...”

Jessica found the article and handed it to Taeyeon, “Oh! I am making this complex a hot commodity because you live here now!”

“Yep now everyone knows that two of the biggest stars live here...I like these articles of us in the paper.”

“Humm life is nice when it is quiet with you.”

Jessica’s eyes brightened at that comment, “I want to take you somewhere!”

“But I just got home...” Taeyeon was complaining but Jessica ignored her to find their jackets so they could go out.

Jessica went over to Taeyeon and pulled her hood up, “Don’t worry about it. It is night time and I want to take you somewhere.”

 

Taeyeon tried guessing their destination but Jessica decided to keep it a surprise until they got there. After a short drive, Jessica pulled into an empty parking lot of a park. “Are you going to murder me?”

Jessica looked at her girlfriend in disbelief, “What? No.”

“Well it is dark and no one around. You can’t blame me for the thoughts.”

Jessica smiled at her cute girlfriend and gave her a peck because she couldn’t resist, “You are such a dork. Come on lets go.”

“We aren’t staying in the car?”

“No. I said I had something to show you.”

Taeyeon unbuckled herself and followed Jessica into the park. It was a bit scary so she caught up with Jessica and held her hand. Jessica just smiled at her girlfriend’s action while they continued to walk through the park. After a while Taeyeon recognized the tennis courts in front of them, “Wait here a moment.”

Taeyeon didn’t like being left alone but she did as she was told, but not too long after, lights appeared on the courts. Jessica came running back and took Taeyeon’s hand while she led them onto the courts. “Why are we here Jessica?”

Jessica took off her jacket and laid in on the court while she led the two of them to lay down on the courts, “Don’t you feel alone here?”

“Kind of...the park is empty.”

“No look around you Taeyeon.” Taeyeon propped herself on her elbow while looking at her surroundings. She saw darkness around the lighted courts. “Do you see that the only light is in here and the rest is darkness? I used to come here to be alone. This is where I could feel secluded, where no one else could cross into my light. It is just me in here...I like that.”

Taeyeon thought about what Jessica said. It was calming and nice in here. Only the two of them were in the light while the darkness surrounded them. It was only them that mattered here. Her hand went down to feel the box in her pocket *Is this the right time?*

“So do you like it here?” Jessica didn’t hear an answer so she turned her head to look at Taeyeon, “Taeng?”

Taeyeon sat up abruptly, “Jessica I think I am going to kill you.”

Jessica sat up with Taeyeon, “What? You accused me of being a murderer and now you are...” Taeyeon couldn’t resist Jessica’s lips and gave her a soft and reassuring kiss.

Taeyeon smiled, “I think I am going kill you with happiness.”

“Why do you say that?”

Taeyeon took out the box that was in her pocket, “Jessica Jung will you marry me?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon in disbelief. Her thoughts were going crazy. She loved the girl more than anything but they haven’t been dating all that long and there were so many obstacles to get through in the future. What if things don’t go well? Jessica looked up into the lights shining down at her before facing Taeyeon, “Taeng...”

 

 


Author's Note

Short update but I have been thinking about writing this chapter for a while. I also wanted to inform you that my OTP is strong and expect updates from me in the future with this pairing. I came to this site to live out a fantasy so I will still be living in my lovely world where taengsic is real.

However, I think I lost subscribers after the news?? That was wierd...I am depressed about that. I don't want to lose subscribers. 

Happy Readings!! (If depressed read taengsic!!!)