Am I Ready?

Sharapova's Grunt

Taeyeon rushed to her manager’s side, “Did the information get leaked yet?”

Taeyeon’s manager looked at Taeyeon and then back to Jessica, “Is that Jessica Jung?”

Taeyeon forgot that Jessica was still at her side. She was so worried about the recent events that she forgot Jessica was with her, “Umm yes?”

“She knows your parents now too?”

“Oppa we are good friends...of course she knows my parents.” Taeyeon knew she was telling a lie but she didn’t want to risk her manager connecting the dots between her and Jessica’s real relationship yet.

The manager looked at the two with disbelief but he shrugged it off, “Anyway...we stopped the media from finding out for now. Your parents are with your brother right now. They are in that room over there.”

Jessica saw a facial expression of Taeyeon that was beyond rare to see when she flung the door open to her brother’s room; anger. “Oppa! Did you even think about your actions?! They don’t just affect our family but my career too!”

Jessica assumed this anger was rare for Taeyeon’s family to also see because everyone in the room was cowering in fear of the shorter girl, “Sis I really didn’t mean to!”

“You knew you were drinking and you knew that when you got into the car. Now you got into an accident for drunk driving. Don’t you understand how worried and angry I am at you right now?!”

Jessica knew she shouldn’t be laughing that the situation but it was very humorous how the smallest one out of the whole family was the one in control. It took a while for the youngest to calm herself down with much persuasion from her parents that it could have been worse. However, Jessica was unsure if she should still be around when Taeyeon was having family issues. She wanted to tell the other girl that she wanted to leave so her family can have some privacy but with all the yelling, she couldn’t get a signal in towards the girl.

After a while, Jessica decided to turn away and ask Taeyeon’s manager to tell the girl that she was leaving earlier. However, Taeyeon saw Jessica turning to leave and grabbed her wrist, “where are you going?”

Jessica was surprised that Taeyeon saw her attempting to leave, “Home. You should be with your family...”

The girl cocked her head to the side, “but you are part of my family now.”

Jessica was surprised by the comment, “part of your family? You sound as if we are married already.”

“Maybe not married but...hold on,” Jessica felt Taeyeon tug her into the room and shut the door so no one could hear their private session. All the eyes in the room landed on Taeyeon and Jessica, “Mom, dad, and oppa I have something I want to tell you.” Jessica was surprised when she knew Taeyeon was going to say something that would bring their relationship to a whole new level, “This is my girlfriend Jessica.”

Jessica wasn’t the only shocked one in the room, “Hunny are you really dating her?”

“Wow sis...I didn’t think you would...”

Taeyeon interlaced her hand with Jessica’s while giving her a reassuring smile, “I have never felt something like this with anyone before. I hope I can have your blessing to continue my relationship with her.”

Jessica turned her attention to Taeyeon’s parents to see what their answer would be, “Taeyeon...how could you ask our permission for such a thing?”

Jessica felt a lump in thinking that Taeyeon’s parents would reject her as Taeyeon’s lover but the results were not as she assumed.

“Tae...your mom is right. You shouldn’t need our permission. We love you and respect any decision that you make. Of course we would be happy to have her in our lives.”

“Yea sis...if you get bored of her, I would be willing to....” Taeyeon raised her fist as if to hit her brother again, “I mean welcome to the Kim family Jessica!”

Jessica laughed at the brother-sister relationship. She felt like she was floating on cloud nine when she got the approval of Taeyeon’s family. Although it sounded more like they were asking for marriage permission than just a general relationship.

“Okay...now that we got that out of the way. I am still pissed off at you oppa. Manager oppa said that he covered the stories so just stay here for now and he will tell you when you can leave. I am going to take Jessica home for now.”

The two girls were about to leave the room but Taeyeon’s mom spoke up, “Jessica?” Taeyeon and Jessica turned around to face the woman, “Next time when we are in town, did you want to have dinner with us?”
Jessica smiled, “I would love that.”

 

Taeyeon threw her keys on the table before walking into the kitchen, “Tae...I thought you said you were taking me home?”

“Did you forget my offer already?” She took a sip of the water in her hands while walking back to Jessica, “I said you can stay with me if you didn’t want to go back to your life yet. Do you want to go back now? Are you done running away?”

Jessica smiled and put Taeyeon’s cup down on the table while she s her arms around Taeyeon’s neck, “I might forever be running away. Do you think that is okay?”

Taeyeon gave her girlfriend a grin, “Just as long as you always run into my arms.”

Jessica buried her head into the crook of Taeyeon’s neck while Taeyeon held her tight, “You are amazing...”

Jessica could feel the vibration of Taeyeon laughing, “you make me amazing.”

Jessica quickly backed out of the embrace to look Taeyeon in the eyes, “something’s wrong...”

Taeyeon was confused, “wrong?”

“I think our personalities are changing.”

“Huh?”

“You nor I were ever this cheesy with our talking before.”

Taeyeon laughed, “It is called love Sica. Our hearts are changing.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a soft short kiss, “If it is that, then I am okay with it.”

Taeyeon took Jessica’s hand off her shoulder and led her to the bedroom, “You should get some sleep. I am going to call manager oppa and make sure everything is going okay. I will be in bed later tonight.”

“I don’t want to sleep without being in your arms now.”

Taeyeon ruffled the pouting girl’s hair, “Only three days and you are already used to it?”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a quick peck on the cheek, “Don’t take long so I can sleep.” The younger girl ran into the room with a smiling Taeyeon still near the door.

“I am used to it...” Taeyeon mumbled to herself while she walked away to make her call.

--------------------

Taeyeon smiled when she looked across from the table at the girl enjoying her food, “Taeyeon why are you giving me weird looks?”

“I am not...just admiring the fact that it seems like we never left the mountains.”

“Did you want me to open the curtain so you can see the mountains are replaced with buildings?”

“No no, don’t ruin my happiness.”

Jessica laughed at the girl, “If you like it this much, we should just move in with each other...”

“Don’t make offers I might actually take up.”

Jessica looked up at Taeyeon in surprise, “Miss Kim what are you thinking?”

“After telling my parents and having you around like this, I want to be with you like this.”

“What about the media?”

“Why do we always have to have them judge our choices?”

“You know that it won’t affect me much but you...all the weight of the media goes on you.”

Taeyeon sighed, “I am tired of talking about this...”

“Then don’t bring it up.”

“How can’t I? I want you Jessica but it always comes down to the fact that we can’t ever move forward because of my career or something stupid I have no control over.”

Jessica stood up after finishing her meal, “Taeyeon, I think this is something that you need to think hard over. Telling the media or not is your decision.”

Taeyeon was getting frustrated, “It is your decision too. It takes two!”

Jessica sighed, “Taeyeon you are asking me to pick between your career or you. Of course I choose you but when I choose you, I also choose your career. I am telling you that I respect any choice that you make but I won’t be the one to choose what you do with your career.”

“But I worry about you.”

“I know but you still need to make a decision if it is bothering you that much.” Jessica walked towards the other girl and gave her a kiss on her forehead, “don’t rush your decision. I will always be here for you.”

Taeyeon was left at the table to contemplate what Jessica told her. Of course she wanted their relationship to move forward but letting the media know was risky. Was she really content with the way things are now or does she want to push their relationship further at the risk of her losing her career?

 

 

 


Author's Note

Hehe I am fast at updating when I only have one story and I feel like not doing work at work. Thanks for the comments! Also my proposition is still open. If I get 100 upvotes before I decide to end the story, I will add 5 extra chapters. As you can tell, this story is going to come to an end fast so if you want those extra chapters, I would act fast.

Also, I am doing another short taengsic story (probably 3 chapters total): Dangerous Dreams so if you have time check it out ^^