New World

Sharapova's Grunt

Taeyeon was one of Korea’s top singers so it was no surprise when she was invited to sing the Korean national anthem at the Korean Open in the Seoul Olympic Park Tennis Center. She knew nothing about the sport, but when her schedule says to sing at the opening ceremony and before the final match, she has to go eagerly.

The van holding the superstar rode up to the back door of the main tennis stadium at the center. Taeyeon pulled the headphones out of her ears when she felt the car stop and looked out the window. She was first captivated by all her fans waiting for arrival but what astonished her was the size of the stadium. Never did she imagine that the place she was singing would be so big, maybe she was one of the few that really didn’t know about the sport.

The security guards arrived to help Taeyeon into the stadium so she plastered on her fake smile and made her way into the building. As soon as her fans were out of sight, the smile disappeared. She didn’t like that she had to always deceive her fans with that smile, but she was tired of getting news reports that she was ‘depressed’ but that was far from the truth. She doesn’t understand how a country could expect her to be smiling 24/7.

Taeyeon liked performing on bigger stages. It made her feel small for once in a country that praised her so much that could give one a huge ego. The big stages reminded her of how no matter how much her popularity rises, she is just one person among many. It made her feel more grounded.

After getting changed into her performance outfit, she had a short interview before she went out onto the center court. She was a bit surprised that she was warned not to step on the actual court and make sure to stay on the carpet laid before her. Somehow she was finding this sport more and more fascinating. When she went out, it was no surprise when her fans cheered her on, but again to her amazement, when the tennis players in the tournament came out, the cheers were even louder. She was the nation’s star, but everyone here didn’t seem to care, today she was just the singer while the real stars were the athletes before her.

Taeyeon sang the national anthem with passion like she had done many times before. She loved her country but these events made her feel like she was just singing for money, not her country anymore. After finishing the anthem she watched the athletes exit the stadium and she was supposed to follow after they left. One by one the athletes exit, but her sight lingered on one of the Korean players. She was somewhat tall like the other players, but her body was so tight and toned with a perfect and not a bad pair of s to go with that body. Her strawberry blond hair was secured in a ponytail, but Taeyeon liked that it gave her a better view of her perfectly sculpted face. Taeyeon shrugged off the thought of the athlete when she was pushed to exit the stadium. For some reason she wanted to stay and watch the tournament a bit before leaving but her schedule wouldn’t allow for that time.

 

After a few days, Taeyeon found herself back at the Seoul Olympic Park Tennis Center. She was actually very excited to be back. Somehow that girl she saw before kept reappearing in her mind. More than anything, Taeyeon wanted to see her again or at least know her name. Today was also special because the singing of the national anthem today was her only event planned, so she could stay behind and watch some of the tournament.

Like the first time she visited, she prepared in the same room and then made her way onto the court. She saw the two athletes that were to play against one another standing before her. Taeyeon became lifeless when she recognized the familiar Korean tennis player. It was the same girl that captivated her the first time! She was so happy that it took almost all her strength to suppress that seductive smile she wanted to give the girl.

The national anthem didn’t last long so afterwards, Taeyeon and her manager made it upstairs to the VIP room to watch the tournament in the private box that belonged to her recording company. “Manager oppa, do you know much about tennis?”

“Of course! Who doesn’t know about it?”

Taeyeon felt a bit embarrassed that she really didn’t know a thing about this sport and that she really was only staying to eye-out the girl that captured her with her beauty. “Do you know the two players down there?”

“Ah they are really famous. The blond tall one is from the USA but she represents Russia. Her name is Maria Sharapova. She is one of the best female tennis players out there. The other one is our nation’s hero Jessica Jung. She is at least in the top 10 of best female tennis players in the world and the top female player in Korea. Both are great players but I think everyone likes them because they are both really beautiful.”

“Ah oppa! Do you like them?”

The manager was a bit embarrassed but he answered honestly, “Yea...well who wouldn’t be...”

Taeyeon was trying to hide her best that she also fell for that Korean player. She kept repeating the name ‘Jessica Jung’ in her head. As the match went on, the manager was trying his best to teach Taeyeon the rules of the sport but it was hard for Taeyeon to focus when the girl of her dreams was just below her looking so tantalizing. Every time Jessica hit the ball, Taeyeon saw her perfect squeeze tighter or if she ran hard to reach a ball, Taeyeon watched her s bounce up and down. Everything about the girl was making Taeyeon hot. However, after a while, Taeyeon kept getting annoyed by an unusual sound. That Sharapova chick kept grunting loudly when she hit the ball that Taeyeon’s fantasy about the Korean girl was always interrupted.

After a while, Taeyeon was having fun with her manager imitating the loud grunt of the Russian tennis player.

A few hours past and the match was over, but Taeyeon was lost since she got distracted when playing with her manager. “Oppa, who won?”

“Looks like Sharapova. That is always our luck. Korea always gets second it seems.”
“Really that girl with the annoying grunt won?!”

“You have to admit she is a very good player. Even if you don’t like her grunt.”

Taeyeon was a bit peeved that her dream girl didn’t win but all that anger diminished when one of the staff entered the room asking Taeyeon if it was alright for them to interview her and Jessica at the same time. Without hesitation, Taeyeon answered yes without getting her manager’s approval to do so.

Taeyeon was a bit nervous but excited at the same time waiting for Jessica to arrive in the interview room. While she waited, she fidgeted around in her seat impatiently, not noticing the staff taking pictures of the singer secretly. After a few minutes, Jessica arrived in the room causing everyone to stare as she walked by. Taeyeon was busy gawking the star that she didn’t even hear the girl ask her a question.

Taeyeon didn’t know what happened but the interview started already, “I am here with two of the most beloved girls in Korea today. Taeyeon our nation’s star with her angelic singing voice and Jessica Jung, our nation’s hero who is known for her amazing skills in tennis. After getting second....”
The interview progressed with most of the questions being directed to Jessica, Taeyeon was able to stare at the girl as she answered every questions with elegance. She was also captivated that the star had her hair down causing her to see a new side of the girl’s beauty. Everything about the girl just amazed Taeyeon and made her fall for her deeper and deeper.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

First chapter is out! Tell me what you think! Like it or not? I am curious since this is not the normal theme of my stories.