WTF

New Beginings

//Tiff//

As the days went by, I was getting more and more concerned that Taemin would never forgive me for rejecting him. I saw him less and less in the hallways. It got to the point that I only saw him in the one class we had together. Even when I went to the SHINee house with Mae, he just went up to his room and talked on the phone the whole time, with whom I had no clue.

I sat in the couch in the middle of the living room, uncomfortably aware that everyone was staring at me, including Mae. I knew what they must be thinking. Mae was wondering why I told him I wasn't interested when she knows for a fact that I am obsessed with him. The guys were probably wondering how I could be so cruel. I couldn't take the staring anymore so I stood up.

"You know, I actually have a bunch of homework tonight. I should really get going." and with that I left, eyes following me out the door.

THE NEXT DAY

I was looking for Taemin as I entered my class. I just wanted to see him, we hadn't poken since....the incident, and I missed him. I noticed he wasn't in his usual seat next to me, I looked around the room. Then I saw him and my jaw dropped. I wanted to screa. I wanted verything evil to comeand devour m so I would not have to see this. There was Taemin, and right beside him, sat Soon-Yi. They were talking like they were best friends, like we used to, Taemin and I. I had to force myself to look away. So that was the way he wanted it to be.

//Taemin//

Why m I talking to this girl? She is so rude! She probably wouldn't even peak to me i i wasnt famous. She acts so dumb, too. But I can't go back now.

//Tiff//

Later on I saw him walking with her in the hallway. I was walking towards them, but then swerved around and walked in the other direction.I didn't even look at him for the rest of the day.

When I left the school, Key was waiting for Mae. He sot of stared me down, like I was a child to be repremended. Mae ran from the building into Keys arms. One look towards me and she knew something was on my mind. She turned to Key.

"Hey baby, Why don't you go ahead and go home, I'll come over in a few hours." And she kissed him lightly on the mouth and squeazed him around his waste. Key smiled and kissed her nose, then headed off. Mae turned to me.

"Okay, seriously, what gives?" she asked sternly.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocenty.

"Oh, c'mon!" she was speaking english now, " You're my best friend, I can always tell when somethings wrong. Plus, you and Taemin havn'g spoken in like, two weeks! And what I just can't wrap my head around, is why the hell did you reject him? Every one but him knows you're in love with him! I mean I knew you didn't really want to talk about it before, but this is getting out of hand! Please, you know you can tell me anything!" She grabbed my hand. I looked down at it instead of looking her in the eye.

"I can't let him get hurt." I muttered under my breath. She stopped walking.

"What are you talking about?" she looked me directly in the eye.

"It's nothing," i said. She grabbed my arm and yanked me back to face her.

"It's not nothing, you rejected a guy you are obsessed with! What the is going on?" she was stern, she meant business. I knew I had to talk.

"It's Soon-Yi," I said,"she threatened to hurt both me and Taemin if I got too close to him."

"What are you talking about?" she looked worried.

I explained it to her as we walked to my house.

" I cannot believe this!" she shouted, enraged.

" That had better watch her back! The second she turns around Im gonna-"

" Where not going to do anything, thats just playing her game!" I reasoned. She had to know it hurt me more than anyone to play by Soon-Yi's rules, but I knew better than to mess with fate. I knew Taemin was just too good to happen to me. So reality just decided to put me back in my place.

She couldn't argue with me, she knew I was right. She patted my shoulder and left, without another word. For the rest of the night, I sat and thought about ho much my life .