May the Best Fan Win

New Beginings

//Tiff//

For some reason, some of the girls at school had begun getting really agressive towards me...It's ony been a week of school and it already seems that I am the most unpopular person at school. It started out just being minor things, like girls hiding my pencils or stealing my homework, but has evolved into girls actually pulling my hair in the hallway and knocking my books out of my hands. I knew why, too. They were all jealous of the time i got to spend with Taemin. Its even gotten to the point that they are starting to be mean to HIM! Almost threatening him to stop talking to me. One girl even cornered in the hallway preffessing her love for himand told him that if he didnt tell her he loved her back, she was going to make his life hell. Then when he politely appologized and asked her what her name was, she threw a fit in the hallway. Mae was getting this a lot worse for dating Key. Yesturday, she was mobbed in the hallway and smacked by several girls before a teacher finally came out and punished all of them...including Mae.

I was worried that the guys werent going to want to hang out with us anymore...that Taemin was in danger hanging out with us. I couldnt help but feel pretty guilty. But at the same time, wonderously happy. I just for the life of me could not understand why they would CHOSE to still hang out with us. I felt really special. Back in Texas, even some of the people I had been best friends with my whole life were not nearly as loyal friends as this group of celebrities I just met, not two months ago. Not to mention they also happened to be my obsession for two years since their debut.

I was leaving the school, suddenly a jumping Taemin was next to me.

"This is getting crazy! Some girl stole my books and told me i had to kiss her on the cheak to get them back!"Taemin groaned. And there was the guilty pang inmy stomach. I cleared my throat.

"Did you do it?" I asked a little too quietly.

"Huh?" he asked uttery confused.

"Did you kiss her?" I clarified. He stopped walking for a split second then ran and caught up.

"No, why would I do that when-" he cut himself off.

"When what?" I asked.

"Nothing," he mumbled and spead up.

"No tell me!" I begged.

"I-I was just going to say why would I do that just to get my stupid books back." he said quickly.

"Oh."

//Taemin//

I couldnt do it. I had been planning to tell Tiff how I felt about her, but I couldn't. I can't. I walked next to her in silence, wondering what she was thinking about. She was so close I could smell her shampoo, and I wanted to breathe in her essence, her air, but I didnt want to be a freak, so I kept walking, secretly taking deeper inhales than usual, fearful only that it might sound like I have asthma or something.

//Soon-Yi//

Nothing is working! I basically sic the entire female student body on them and they are still walking together! Oh Taemin, my love, why can't you see that she is no good for you? Its me! It has always been me! We are deestined to be together, I know it! And deep down, you know it, too! I'll just have to try harder.

I walked home with visions of Taemin and...her playing over and over in my mind like a scratched dvd. I got to my house and walked into my bedroom. I opened the door and dropped my things right outside the frame as I kissed my life-sized poster of Taemin hanging on my door. Don't you see, my prince? I am so devoted to you and only you! I sat on my bed and reached for the scrapbook on my pillow. I opened it up to its pages filled with pictures i took of my idol at school and on the streets and at restaraunts. Suddenly I looked up and smiled a crooked smile. I knew how to get rid of her.

//Tiff//

The next morning I entered the school and could immediately tell something was wrong. Everyone was staring right at me. I walked in silence down the hall and avoided the eyes at all costs. Until I saw it. Sprayed across several lockers, someone had spray painted the words "back off ". But that could have been to anyone! Why was everyone looking at me? Then I noticed that several of the girls started chanting it. Now it makes sence....they were all in on it. I started to walk away. But the words kept following me, until someone pulled me into a class room. I looked to see who it was.

"Oh thank you so much Soon-Yi!" I breathed. She smiled. Then smacked me accross the face. I gasped. What was this harrassment for?

"You listen to me, you better back off my Taemin, or I will do terrible things to you." Her smile had turned into an evil snare.

"I-I don't care what you do to me," I said, trying to get myself back together. She smiled again and shook her head.

"I thought you would say that. Let me rephrase myself, anything I do to you, it will be twice as bad for Taemin. Got it? I will make him realize what a complete waste of time you are. Understand?" It sounded like an empty threat.

"I know you would never hurt Taemin," I called her bluff.

"Oh? Well what makes you think I'll be doing the hurting? I can make someone bleed without ever touching them...its the power of authority. I basically control half the school, I can make them convince him you are cheating, or never cared about him, and as a law....majority rules. If half the school tells him the same things, you better believe hes going to believe them over you...and that will torture him.

"What makes you think it's even like that with us?" I asked not even understanding where she was coming from.

"Oh please! You two are always together. I know at east you have feelings for him! I know you do! Not saying you two are even close to a threat yet, but if i see any advances toward him-" she stuck out two fingers and slid them accross her neck in the global gesture for 'you're dead'. She opened the door and backed out of it, staring at me the whole time.

Woah.