Getting To Know You

New Beginings

//Mae//

Hearing every juicy detail of Tiff and Taemin's night made me realize I had to get them on a date- a real date...just the two of them. I knew Key would be all for it. I was already scheming, planning out their evening.

"What?" Tiff asked, she must have noticed the wheels turning in my head.

"Nothing." I said, shrugging innocently.

Looking none too convinced, Tiff started to head fo the shower, and suddenly I noticed she reeked of grass, sweat and dirt.

"Good idea," I said, plugging my nose to .
 

//Key//

I heard Taemin go into the room he had decided to sleep in tonight. He tends to pick his sleeping domain at random, most often sleeping in here, with Minho and myself, since Minho is the closest to him in age, or Jonghyun, who's room is actually also half Taemin's, but they had stayed downstairs to talk, and normally in this house private talks are awkward, so it's understandable that he did not want to sleep in there tonight.

But tonight he chose Onew's room, probably just because Onew was the only one of us who had his own room and Taemin just wanted some variety.

I'm thinking too hard, this doesn't matter.

My mind wandered randomly as I tried to sleep.

What were Taemin and Jonghyun talking about? Were they talking about me? What am I going to make fo breakfast tomorrow? I wonder what Mae's doing right now. How is my hair? Why does it matter how my hair is? I'm going to sleep!

And like that, on and on for what seemed like hours of nonsense keeping me awake.

Finally, I fell asleep.

//Taemin//

I woke up in the exact position I had fallen asleep in. I was still in last nights clothes, realizing it's Friday, and I probably should go to school, but Tiff had just been released, I think it would be ok to miss today, I'll make up my time. Besides, I don't really like going to school...people there sometimes annoy me.

I walked to the bathroom to washed my face and brushed my teeth. My blonde hair was nearly perfect today, so i felt no need to brush it. It's always either a complete disaster or perfect. I walked back to my room and changed clothes. Then I walked downstairs sniffing the air for  hint of what Key might have cooked this morning.

I entered the kitchen, but there was no Key. No breakfast. I pouted but walked to the pantry and pulled out a neglected bag of crackers and started to nibble on them.

As I emptied the bag, I saw Key walking down the stairs, dazed. He looked like he was sleep walking.

"Hyung, are you alright?" I asked, worried at the sight of his unrhuly hair. Key just groaned and pushed past me.

"Key?" I asked a little louder.

"WHAT? I didn't get any sleep last night, so SORRY for not having breakfast ready at your convenience!" He snapped. I was so taken aback, I hadn't realized I had backed up against the refrigerator and had let my mouh drop.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked.

"Hyung I didn't mean-I'm sorry." I bowed, hoping I had not offended him too badly. I had only seen him like this twice before, and both times he had been crabby all day. So it would do me no good to reason with him, my best bet was to beg for forgiveness and hope he's too tired to remembr my offense.

Key rubbed his eyes.

"No, I'm sorry, that was really rude of me. What would you like for breakfast?" He said, very rationally. I was deeply surprised.

"Actually, I already ate." I said softly.

"Oh so after all that, you've already eaten! Well, I guess I'm pretty much worthless around here, huh?" He retorted.

"Uh-but you can make me kimichi if you want to!" I desperately tried not to offend him.

"So what, I'm just here to do for you? You just said you already ate! But you want me to  work anyways? Just for the sake of doing work? Oh because I just LOVE to do everything for everyone!" Key nearly shouted at me. Even though I knew tomorrow he would sincerely appologize and that he didn't mean a word of this, it was still scary, and I still don't like it when people are mad at me, so I just left the house, hearing "Where are you going? So youre just going to ignore me, right" as I shut the door behind me. I prayed for my other hyungs, unaware that they were about to endure a rude awakening.

//Mae//

I heard a knock at the door. I got up from my breakfast on the table and ran to answer it. Keeeeeeeeeeeeeey! He said he would come to pick up Tiff, but I didn't think he meant this early.

I opened the door and leapt into the arms of -Taemin?!

"Ummm, hi," he said, patting me on the back. I let go of him, trying not to make the moment any more awkward than it needed to be.

"C'mon in, hun." I gestured for him to follow me. He walked in and closed the door behind him. He waved to my grandma, who waved frantically back. Being the Shinee fanatic she is, I'm surprised she wasn't still following us around the house. Taemin followed me to my bedroom, where Tiff was sleeping still, snoring lightly, her hair pulled up in a messy bun which sagged to where her head rested on the pillow. She was sprawled all the way across the bed. The way she takes over the bed as soon as I get out of it always seemed funny to me. I could see the smile in Taemin's eyes as he looked at her. He thought it was cute, I could tell.

His gaze drifted from her, to the enormous pile of clothes and shoes beside the bed, each of which had obviously been tried on, as they were all inside out. We had played a bit of dressup last night.

"So she liked her clothes?" Taemin asked still looking at my room, which I was now embarassed to have him look at as I realized how incredibly messy it was.

"She loved them, but she said you will never have to try to buy her love." I told him what she had said last night as we tried on each item.

"I know, but I feel that she deserves to have whatever she wants, and if I am able to, I want to provide her with everything she wants. She's so important to me, I want her to know that every time she gets dressed. She is my queen, thus she deserves to dress like a queen-NOT that her clothes were shabby or anything, just that I want her to have what she wants!" He explained. I smiled.

"That's really sweet."

Now Taemin smiled at me, then looked back at Tiff. She began to stir. He knelt in front of the bed, setting his head on the bed right in front of her. She opened her eyes drearily.

//Tiff//

My dream captured every moment of last night and replayed it over and over in my head. I drempt about the ice skating, of the park, of that perfect kiss. I could smell the grass and feel the breeze in my hair as I chased Taemin through the trees all over again. And I could hear him.

Suddenly the feeling of reality faded into my dream as I realized I was asleep. I felt myself begin to wake up. Not really wanting to, I opened my eyes.

I was still asleep, I knew I must be, because I could see Taemin's almond eyes looking into mine. I  never knew I could dream in such vivid detail. His eyes even sparkled.

Shock filled me and I felt my heart rate speed up rapidly as I realized I was in fact awake. I felt my eyes get wide and I covered my face.

"Oh no, oh noooo oh nononono!" I muttered as I turned so he couldn't see me. He was not supposed to see me like this! EVER! I have always known, even when I get married, no man, especially one as utterly perfect and flawless as Taemin, would ever see me in my morning grime; eyes crusty, my hair completely messed up, no makeup on. That means he could see all my acne! Had he been staring at the huge zit on my forehead? How could he ever think I was beautiful now? And oh God, I hope I didn't open my mouth! My morning breath is always disgusting no matter how well I brush my teeth at night!

Still covering my face, I rolled off the bed, down the ramp of clothes, and rushed into the bathroom, saying, "DON'T LOOK AT MEEEE!" as I slammed the door behind me.

I frantically brushed my teeth and hair at the same time, then I washed my face and applied a thin layer of makeup, just enough to hide my pimples, pulled my hair into a tight ponytail as I began applying thick black eyeliner around my eyes, hoping to erase his memory of seeing me that way.

I opened the door, and there was Taemin, a puzzled look on his face.

"What was that?" he asked, seeming genuinely confused.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that. It's just a fact of life that girls need to put on makeup to look decent." I explained, glaring at Mae, who should have awakened me! I noticed she was not wearing makeup, but then again, she was much more naturally beautiful than me, I just am more fashionable.

"Like what? You looked fine,"Taemin said honestly.

"Noooo I did not," I said.

"Yes you did. You ae beautiful with or without makeup. I am your boyfriend now, you need to be confident enough me to know that I'll always think you're beautiful."

My heart quaked at the word 'boyfriend'. I still couldn't believe it. He thinks I was beautiful? My love fo him grew like I didn't know it could, and I kissed him.

"Wait," I said, pulling away, "why did you come over so early?" It had just hit me that it made no sense.

"Uh, Key's in a...mood. He didn't get much sleep last night."

"Uh oh," Mae said, "I guess that means we should probably cancel plans then, I know how he can be. My Kibum needs his sleep."

"What plans?" I asked. Mae looked at me as if she had said something she just realized she wasn't supposed to.

"Well," she said slowly, "it was supposed to be a surprise, but Key and I are going to pay for you two to have a real date!" Mae jumped slightly on her toes as she said the words.

"Aw that is so sweet of you guys!" I said grabbing Taemin's hand.

"Thank you very much!" Taemin said.

How exciting! We're going on a date!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

IM SO SORRY THAT TOOK SO LONG. MY LAPTOP DIDN'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR A WHILE SO I COULDNT UPDATE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?