Visiting Hours

New Beginings

//Tiff//

I had just found out that I could be released from the hospital in a few days. That was pretty exciting to me considering that it meant the damages weren't as bad as I had initially thought, but still bad enough for them to make me stay for almost a week. I hated being here. I hated being alone when visiting hours were over, hearing nothing but the beeps of machines and coughing of neighboring patients. I hated how you couldn't tell what time of day it was because all the lights were always, always on. It made it seem like an eternity of nothingness. The most excitement and social activity I had gotten in 24 hours was Taemin visiting me for about 5 minutes, then leaving as if in a hurry. He never fully explained his plan to me, but as long as Soon-Yi paid for what she had done, it was okay, because maybe then me and Taemin could be together.

I heard someone come in, and soon the nurse was by my side.

"You have a visitor," she winked.

Taemin peaked his head around the corner, smiling softly, then came in, holding a bouquet of crimson roses. My stomach did a back flip, and I tried to quickly fix my hair and cover my face.

I had no makeup on, and I was aware that I had developed a case of acne over night from all the stress. I heard the nurse leave and close the door behind her, probably remembering the last time she had been in the room with Taemin and me.

"Well," Taemin breathed, "the plan worked, she has been scared silly, humiliated, and is currently being arrested." There was a hint of something in his voice, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"That's good," I said from under my hands, wondering if he could hear my muffled voice. I could feel his eyes on me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, I just look disgusting right now." I muttered. Suddenly I felt his hand on mine, pulling it away. I held my breath.

He smiled down at me.

"There you are, beautiful." He said. My heart melted into a puddle in my stomach. Beautiful? Is he blind? Why would a gorgeous pop star call me beautiful when I look this gross?

"Sarcasm is not appreciated." I said glumly, that had to be it. But when I looked at him, he looked hurt.

"No sarcasm...I-you are beautiful...you always have been to me." He spoke softly in almost a whisper. He took my hand.

Then he started singing softly to me, I felt my eyes grow wide as he sang replay quietly, almost  inaudibly. It was like a movie, only it was weird...I had never heard someone randomly break out into song before-then I realized...he was singing to ME. Singing for me, and only me to hear. This was my private performance, but it was more than that...it was a declaration, and i couldn't breathe when i realized just what he was declaring.

He really does love me! But how? Out of every girl he must have met over the years, every fan girl who has spoken to him, and secretly stalked him...how could he have chosen me? An equally crazy fan girl, who has watched every video of him on YouTube, every episode of Star King and Hello Baby JUST to see how he acted in real life (which now I get to see anyways) and who sat in his chair the first time I had gone to a concert and been invited backstage just to have my be in the same place his was...it would be an understatement to say I had been obsessed.

And yet here he was, singing into my ear, I closed my eyes as I felt the warmth of his breath on my face. I felt his hand lightly tracing my jaw with soft fingers and my breath caught. They gently brushed against my neck. How did he know how to make me feel this way?

But then I snapped back to reality and grabbed his hand to stop him, feeling a hollow self pity as I thought about how much I wanted him to continue.

He stopped singing as I opened my eyes and looked at him solemnly.

"I can't, we- I'm sorry, I really want to, it's just-" I sighed and took the time to think through what I was trying to say.

"It wouldn't be right for us to be together before I get out of here...I have dreamed of this moment every day since you first debuted...I want it to be perfect, the way I dreamed it. And if that's selfish, then I'm sorry. Also- I need to know for a fact that Soon-Yi is no longer a threat to you. She can do what she will to me, but I need to know she's far away." I finished, slightly embarrassed. Taemin sighed but nodded. Then he looked up.

"There's something I have to tell you." He said. Oh God he doesn't love me anymore!

"When I left Soon-Yi, I couldn't help feeling really bad about humiliating her like that, and I don't know why! I just CAN'T be as cruel as her, it's not right!" He pouted and lowered his head.

"Good." I said, and Taemin's head popped up.

"You are a good person, Taemin, you weren't meant to be mean."

"But I feel like a really BAD person. I WAS just like her, I- I tortured her-publicly! And that's just like something she would do! I fought fire with fire, and I have a feeling that all that's going to come out of it is a bigger fire." He lowered his head again, resting his face in his hands as he sat in the chair next to my bed, letting his hands slide up his face and pull back his hair.

I knew what he meant... but if she was getting arrested, there was nothing she could do. I knew things would be fine. Deep down I knew there was nothing she could do anymore.

"Everything is going to be fine, " I said soothingly as I brushed his hair with my fingers...it was soft. And I believed what I had said. Everything was going to be fine. More than fine. Things were going to be great.

Things were going to be perfect.