New School

New Beginings

//Tiff//

Mae and I waked up to our new school. Key came along to drop her off, he even walked her to the school. They were THE couple that everyone gossiped about and that all the screaming girl fans cried over. Taemin was lagging slightly behind us, carrying his books. I was glad he was coming with us, being the only member of shinee still in school. Glad to have a friend. We reached the entrance to the school and Key kissed Mae, almost as if to tell the swarm of girls hovering around us to back off. It worked, but some girls left in tears. I was really happy for Mae and Key. They were perfect. They really loved each other. At the same time every time I saw them together, I had a secret resentment. I could feel Taemin behind me. I have been in love with him basically since SHINee's debut a few years ago. Thats an understatement...I have been obsessed with him. Ive looked up every YouTube video, watched every episode of "Hello Baby," "Star King", "Taehee Hyegyo Jihyun"...pretty much everything i could find on him. And now having my idol being two feet away from me, being friends with him to the point that i go to the SHINee dorm nearly every day...felt so, surreal.

But he's expressed no interest in me at all. Well, at least not the kind I craved...but who could blame him? Im a nobody and hes a superstar.

Oh well, being friends is fine with me.

I now stood between Mae and Taemin as we entered the school. Mae was in my first period class. We entered the classroom nervously and found our seats, right before the teacher called us up and introduced us to the class. We blushed and waved to the class then hurried back to our seats. I sat next to her in the back of the room. As the teacher introduced himself to us, Mae handed me a sheet of paper, folded into a small square sealed shut with ahello kitty sticker. I opened it carefully, to keep the sticker in tact....Mae knows Hello Kitty is my weakness.

"I saw Taeminie looking at you," the note teased.i crumpled it and stuffed into my backpack. She was blatently aware of my obsession, and gave me hell for it. I kind og hated her for it, just because she got her happily ever after doesnt mean she has to point out  that I'll never have mine. I looked at her indignantly.

" I'm serious!" she whispered. Her face was totally serious. I let myself fantasize that while Taemin walked behind us, his perfect eyes watched me. But then I came to and realized what a load of BS it was.

I listened and tried to focus on the teachers words, but i kept fading in and out of conciousness od the teachers droning lessons into random daydreams inolving Hello Kitty.

Before I knew it the bell rang and we went to our nest class.

I crossed the hall and saw a group of girls around Mae at one end of the hall, and on the other, an even bigger group around who I imagined must have been Taemin, as I could not actuay see through the tightly packed crowd.

I passed by to get to my next class, and sure enough, a flattered Taemin smiled as the swarm engulfed him with sighs and "teehee"s and various statements. I pushed past a couple girls and walked into my next class. The room was empty accept for the teacher busily scribbling on the chalkboard. I sat by a window near the back of the room. Soon girls started piling....girls I recognized from the crowd outside. Then, in walked Taemin. He looked like he was going to sit in the middle of the group of girls, until he spotted me sitting by myself. He smiled and headed over and sat right next to me. I watched as every female face in the room dropped and heard whispers of jealousy fom accross the room. I smiled with pride, to think, out of every girl in here, he CHOSE to sit next to me. I am one of his best friends, the feeling that that thought gave me sustained me thru the rest of the day.

Al too soo, the day was over. Mom told me I couldnt go to the SHINee house today because she wantedme to be sure to take care of all my homework. She says as important as the first day is, the second day is twice as important...shes crazy.

I got home and pulled out my homework and started working on it.