Waking Moments

New Beginings

//Tiff//

I woke up to a vibrating sound. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. I opened one eye and glanced around. I had fallen asleep on my desk doing my homework. The vibrating sound came from under a pile of papers. I pulled away the papers and found my phone. Someone was calling me, but I couldnt read the caller ID because my eyes were stillgetting adjusted to the real world.I answered the phone with a groggy,"hello?"

"Tiff? This is Mae Im with the guys, you wanna come over before school so we can all carpool?" I could barely understand what she was talking about. I looked at the clock. it was 5:00 am!! But they are my best friends, i guess it could be a good way to start the day.

"Ugh, you guys are crazy, why are you over there so early anyways, you didn't, you know, spend the ight or aythig did you?" I asked suspiciously. I didnt think she and Key would have done anything if she did, but still...

"What? Haha no, not since we first met them, I just got up early." Her mention of that night brought back amazing memories that made my heart flutter.

"Okay, I'll be over in a few minutes." and with that I hung up the phone. I just sat there for a few minutes, then got up and changed clothes, brushed my teath, then pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I walked back over to the desk I had slept on and gathered my scattered array of papers that littered the surface ad shoved them sloppily into my backpack. I tiptoed past my mothers bedroom, knowing she was still asleep, not wanting to wake her.

//Mae//

I sat in Keys lap, leaning my head back into the crevice between his neck and shoulder, still sleepy, as I imagined everyone else must have been. I heard faint snoring sounds from here Jonghyun was sitting and noticed that his eyes were in fact half closed. Then a loud yawn stretched Onews face, contagiously spreading to nearly every indevidual. Soon, Tiff walked through the front door. Since we practically live here, we don't have to knock. She shook off her shoes and dropped her bag on the floor lazily.

"Hey guys," she muttered as she plopped herself onto the couch next between Me (and Key) and Minho. Almost as if on cue, Taemin sleepily stumbled don the last step of the starecase clad in his pj's, his hair sticking up oddly on one side, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. As soon as he opened his eyes-

"AAAYAAA!!!" He shrieked, and stumbled back and tripped on the bottom step. He started running up the stares, attempting to mat his hair down with his hands as he yelled, "Why don't you ever tell me when the noonas are here!?!?!"

I looked at Tiff, who was trying not to smile, but she was blushing. It was sad, because as happy as I am with Key, I wish that same happiness with her, but even I can't tell if Taemin even interested in her.

 

AT THE SCHOOL

//Tiff//

Taemin and I walked to our class together. I felt angry eyes follow us into the room.

I was about to take my seat but somehow i started to fall. My landed hard on the tile floor and the class started to laugh. I looked back to see a girl ith short hair covoring her giggle cutely with her hand. She had the other hand on the back of my chair. I gathered my dropped books and tried to hide how red my face was getting by letting my hair fall in front of my face. I thought I was about to cry.

Through my hair I saw a hand stretched out to me. It was Taemins. I grabbed it and he struggled a little as he lifted me, him being lighter that me and all, it was understandable andi was not offended. As soon as I was on my feet the laughing stopped. At first I didnt understand. Then I turned to see Taemin glaring at the girl who had no stepped away from the chair and there was not a trace of laughter in her eyes.

"That was very mean of you, why would you be like that to someone who has done nothing to you?" He asked harshly, and yet somehow managing to retain that perpetual calm he always has. The girl looked down, deflated.

"I'm sorry Taeminie oppa." She whimpered.

"Don't appologize to me, you did nothing to me, tell Tiffany." He said. I was surprised at how defensive he was being, and that he used my whole first name. The girl looked at me, eyes moist.

"I am sorry, Tiffany." She said as she bowed.

"Thank you Soon-Yi." Said the teacher as he gestured for us all to sit.

//Soon-Yi//

l numbly walked back to my seat. Who was this new girl 'Tifany' he was with? I had seen her yesturday in the hall, but she never crossed my mind as a threat. I am after all the co-manager of his fanclub. I turned in my seat to one of my fellow Taemin-lovers, Hae-won.

"You see that girl? Who is she?" I whispered.

"She was here yesturday, "she pouted, "and Taemin sat right next to her. You werent here." I growled as I recalled standing in the hallway in a crowd of Taemin fans, realizing too late that he was no longer in the crowd. Then I had been late to class.

"Something has to be done about this. We have to get rid of her."