Hell Breaks Lose

New Beginings

//Jonghyun//

I was about to walk away, just slightly insulted, when I heard weaping from me and Taemins room. This was not like him, It couldnt be our little happy-go-lucky Taemin...He doesn't cry like this....I do! I knocked on the door.

"Maknae?" I still wasn't convinced this was even Taemin.

"Taemin! Open the door! This is my room too!" But the crying continued. I sighed and slumped down against the door.

"At least tell me whats wrong!" Whoever hurt my little Taemin was going to pay. No one hurts Taemin! Not as ong as he has 4 hyungs looking after him.

//Taemin//

I wasnt really crying anymore. Talking to Jonghyun had calmed me down, only long enough to engage in a new emotion. I was angry, with who I don't know. I started throwing stuff on the ground. I ripped my pillow case in two. I couldn't control myself.

I finally settled down and just sat, blannk face. I just sat on the floor for twenty minutes. Finally, I opened the door and let Jonghyun in.

//Jonghyun//

Taemin opened the door, his eyes were red and puffy. I hugged him tightly, like a brother should do. His arms were limp, he did not hug back, probably for lack of energy. Over his shoulder, I could see that our room was a mess. It was alright, I understood all too well that uncontrolable feeling, I had just never seen this side of Taemin. He didm't throw tantrums. I let go of him and began picking up stuff in the room.

"No, don't-don't worry about it, I'll take care of the mess." He said in almost a whisper.

"This is my room as well as yours, so I am just as responsible for it as you are." I said, continuing to pick up things. He sighed and helped me. As soon as the room was moderately clean, he layed down on the bed and faced the wall as he curled up, not even bothering to pull the covers over himself. I pulled the blanket off of my bed and put it over him. I left the room, but he stayed up there for the rest of the night, not coming down even for supper.

//Taemin//

I just lay there, thinking. I was numb, tired of feeling emotions. I didn't know what to think about other than what happened today. Why was I letting it get to me so much? Why did I cry over a girl? I just don't understand these feelings, theyre not normal! Well, not for me anyways. I don't remember falling asleep, only that a sudden blackness and an empty sorrow surrounded me and I wasn't sure what it was.

I dreampt about monsters for the first time since I was 11. And when I woke up, I knew I was upset about something, but I couldn't remember what. Until it all came flooding back, every stabbing detail.

I changed clothes and fixed my hair, then realizing I still had a half hour before school, I went back to sleep.

I avoided both Tiff and Mae at school. I didn't think I was emotionally ready to just start hanging out with them again. I would eventually. As I walked to lunch, I notice Soon-Yi walking up next to me.

"Hello, Taeminie," she giggled. I nodded to her, too lazy to speak and also not certain that my voice wouldnt crack.

"Is everything alright?" she asked, concerned. I silently shook my head.

"You want to talk about it? C'mon, you can trust me."