After The Concert

New Beginings

//Taemin//

I looked around for Tiff, but she was nowhere to be found, so I assumed she was waiting for me in the dressing room. I smiled to myself, invisioning dramatic music as I entered the dressing room, and there she was waiting for me, and in slow motion we run into each others arms and kiss passionately. My first real kiss! I nervously grabbed the doorknob. took a deep breath, and opened the door.

There was a girl in there waiting for me, but it wasnt Tiff. My daydream poofed into non existance as I scowled at Soon-Yi. She was smiling flirtily.

"You know, I wasn't ready for you to dump me," she sneered.

"Well I was more than ready!" I snapped, feeling really rude.

"Where's Tiff? She was supposed to be here, not you!" I said. This seemed to make Soon-Yi mad.

"She didn't come, I saw her in town with another boy on my way here, I asked her if she was coming and she said she wasn't interested." she said innocentlt.

"Thats a lie! She was here, I saw her!" I was shouting now, I wanted so badly to see Tiff and tell her how I really felt that I didnt even try to control myself. But Soon-Yio just stared at me blankly, with that stupid stupid smile on her face! I felt rage bubbling up and my face got hot. I left her alone in the dressing room and went to search for Tiff.

//Key//

I left the screaming fans and headed for the dressing room. As I walked through the hallway, Taemin furiously stomped out of the dressingroom and shouldered me blindly as he passed. I turned around and grabbed him by the shoulder.

"Whoa whoa whoa, whats the problem?" I asked turning him towards me. He avoided my  eyes, what he usually does when he loses his temper, which is seldom...something was really ticking him off.

"She was here, I KNOW she was here, I SAW her!" He mumbled like a crazy person.

"Maknae, why are you like this? Are you talking about TIff? Explain." I demanded, but he pulled his sleave out of my grasp and continued storminig down the hallway. I followed him as he walked back out to the concert hall, as people rushed towards him and he stood on his tip toes, crooking his neck as if searching for someone. He started shouting, but the croud was so loud I couldn't hear what he was shouting, but I knew. I knew he was calling Tiffs name.

Out of nowhere, Mae ran into my arms and kissed me genly on the mouth. I grabbed her hand and escourted her through the crowd, making our way to Taemin.

He spotted us and tried to break out of the circle of people around him as I tried to break through the circle of people around me. It was hard, as people pulled at my hair and screamed my name, It confused me and I got lost...one would think after two years of this, I would have gotten used to it by now.

Finally, Taemin met us as the people from both crowds cirlced the three of us.

Taemin grabbed Mae by the shoulders and shook her slightly as ye screamed over the noise, " DID YOU SEE TIFF?!" I was surprised at how desperate he sounded. I grabbed him by the hand and led him and Mae back to the dressingroom through the hallway. When we got inside and could hear again, I grabbed Taemin and looked him square in the eye.

"Look, she didnt come tonight alright? That doesn't mean anything, maybe she just couldnt, you've met her mom, she's so uptight. Just accept shes not here, your starting to act like a crazy person!" I reasoned with him. He looked at me silently with defeated eyes. He sighed.

"Okay.  Lets go, I dont want to be here anymore." He looked around as if he thought someone else were in the room with us. Jonghyun and Onew  and Minho were still basking in the praise of their fans.

"Alright, let me get the rest of the guys and we'll go." I said calmly.

I rushed back out again, and found them without much difficulty and dragged them all back to the dressingroom. Mae was waiting for me outside the door. Taemin soon exited the room and we found our body guards. They led us to our secret exit so that we werent ambushed by fans. Mae opened the door to the back alleyway that lead to our car. Then she screamed.

//Mae//

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed as I saw the bruised body dimly lit by the street lamps just outside the alley. At first I thought It was a hobo, but as I got closer, I realized it was Tiff.

"OOOH MYYY GOOOOOOD!!!" I screamed desperately as I started to cry. My best friend had been mugged and left to die! I fell to my knees and shook her as I sobbed.

"OW!" She moaned. I wrapped my arms around her as the guys sprinted to her. Onew got out his phone and dialed the police as Key and Jonghyun crouched beside her to check her vitals, Minho just stood there looking unsure of what to do, and Taemin grasped her hand in his speaking to her tenderly as if he were afraid that his voice might break her. Then he brushed her matted hair out of her face and gently her face. She was asleep. I wondered how she had spoken while she was asleep.

It was then I noticed Taemin was crying. His body shook with silent sobs as delicate tears dripped off his chin and landed on her cheek.

//Tiff//

I thought I was dead. I had noted the instant I drifted into unconciousness, I heard my name as if from the other side of a thick wall. Suddenly I felt warmth all around me. I was in heaven, I thought. Then a gentle raindrop fell on my face. Then another. I never thought it would rain in heaven. Suddenly my eyes fluttered open, although I didnt remeber wanting them to. At first things didnt make sense. I saw my friends, everyone I loved, except my parents of course, were hovering over me. I didnt understand, why would they be in heaven, I knew they hadnt died yet. Then I became aware and everything was clear. I was alive, I looked to Mae who looked relieved and also terrified. I looked at each worried face, until I looked at the one right above my own. The angelic face of Taemin, tainted with tears, I felt so sad that there shhould be tears on such a face, especially if they were my fault. I didnt want to do anything to make him sad ever again. It was in that moment that I wanted to tell him everything, how I felt, how Soon-Yi had threatened me, how she had treated me...and somehow I knew it would all be alright.

But before I could think on it any longer, I passed out.