Limit

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update

 

CHAPTER 12: Limit

 

In 2012, Infinite members focused on individual activities with Dongwoo featured in Baby Soul’s new single, Myungsoo was cast in for the tvN drama Shut Up Flower Boy Band, Howon was cast in Reply 1997, Woohyun was cast in The Thousandth Man, and Sunggyu was preparing his solo album.

“I will make a solo album, Biiiii! Can you imagine that?” Gyu was so happy when telling me that news.

“Yeah.. I anticipate it, Gyu...”

“And I will work with Kim Jongwan, Bii... “

“Well, do you still remember your promise to me?” I .

“Help you to meet Kim Jongwan? Yes, I still remember it, Bi.. Don’t worry..” He assured me.

 

But his solo album had been postponed until the end of the year, because they had to prepare for their That Summer Concert and their third mini album, Infinitize, with The Chaser as their title track. The Chaser was hit daebak. It was in the top spot on the charts for three consecutive weeks and Billboard named it as the number one Kpop song of the year.

That also made Gyu and I become more difficult to communicate. He was super-duper busy and I was also busy over my mini-thesis. Somehow it made us to be more sensitive and it triggered us to fight. There was a time when we didn’t even communicate at all for a month. But love will always find the way, we were getting back together.

 

-00-

 

The thing I was really disappointed at him was the time when he didn’t congratulate me for my graduation. I didn’t know whether he forgot it or he didn’t have the time, but it was over a day he didn’t even send me a congratulatory message. Explain to me, how difficult to send me a single message? But he didn’t do even that easy thing.

 

I was graduated as one of the best Medical students in SNU, my parents were so happy about it. But because of that jerk Kim Sunggyu I was not that happy.

“Bi, what’s with your face? You’ve been graduated as the best student in SNU, Bi.. That’s a great achievement!” Mom asked.

“Yeah, mom.. I just feel not good with my body..” Heart is still a part of body, right? I wasn’t lie.

“Just take a rest, Bi.. We’re gonna have dinner with Son’s family tonight, you should be well..” Dad said.

And I just obeyed his order.

 

I didn’t imagine that the dinner was actually talking about our engagement. Yeah, my engagement with Son Dongwoon.

“Engagement?” I was surprised.

“Yeah.. We have talked about it and we agreed to make this engagement..” Mrs. Son said.

“But I...” I stopped, I didn’t know what to say, should I say that I have a boyfriend? But what should I do if they asked who he is.

“You will make a good couple with Dongwoon-gun, Wangbi ah..” Mom added.

“But Mom, why don’t you ask me first?” I asked as I looked at my mom, then I braved myself to say, “I have a boyfriend..”

There was a silent because of my revelation.

“But you told me you don’t have a boyfriend?” Mom asked me back.

“That’s... That’s...” I stuttered.

“That’s okay.. We don’t want to force this engagement now, Bi ah.. If you already have a boyfriend then just forget about this engagement.. You’re still so young anyway.. You still have a long long journey not only in medical field but also in love..” Mr. Son tried to make the situation clear.

“I’m so sorry for not asking my daughter properly..” Dad apologized.

“It’s okay.. Just forget it and let’s have dinner..” Mrs. Son tried to cheer the situation.

But I felt shamed in front of them, it was my fault that I had lie with my mom, so she had the idea of creating this engagement. And I felt sorry to my parents, because of me they had to apologize in front of Son’s family. But what I didn’t understand, why Dong-nim didn’t tell his parents that I had a boyfriend? Maybe he didn’t know that his parents will make this engagement, but why he chose to stay quiet whole time?

 

-00-

 

When we reached the apartment, mom directly asked me, “Bi, you’re not lying just for avoiding this engagement, right?”

“I’m not, mom.. I told you the truth..”

“Who is he? Your boyfriend..” Dad asked.

“I can’t tell you about it, Dad Mom.. I’m sorry..”

“Why? Why can’t you tell us who he is?” Mom asked again.

“I have a reason, Mom.. But trust me, I’m not lying.. I do have a boyfriend..”

“This is made me suspicious.. Who is your boyfriend until you have to hide his identity?” Dad asked.

“We’re your parents, Bi.. We have the right to know..” Mom added.

I was debating with myself, should I tell them? Should not I?

“Is it Kim Sunggyu?” Mom asked.

I froze. How could she know?

“So, he is Kim Sunggyu, the rebel son of Judge Kim?” Dad asked.

I took a deep breath before I answered with, “Yes.. He is Kim Sunggyu..”

" I thought you were broken up when he joined that boy group.." Mom said.

"How'd you know, Mom?"

"Of course I know.. I'm your mom.. I found his wallet in the couch.. I saw two toothbrush in the bathroom.. I knew that you were living together.. But I chose to be silent this whole time because I trusted you.. I trusted you will know the time to let go of your hopeless love.."

"Hopeless love?" I couldn't believe what she said.

"Bi, what do you expect of dating an idol?" Dad asked me but I didn't know how to answer.

"You couldn't even say that he's your boyfriend.. What else you expect?" Dad asked again.

"I didn't expect anything, I just wanna stay by his side.."

"Stay??" Mom laughed. "Even staying by his side is not gonna be easy, Bi.. Do you know what would happen if a celebrity had been found dating? That will affect your life.. People will judge you, hate you for a foolish reason.. And I don't want my lovely daughter to experience that thing.."

"That's not gonna happen.. We've been succeed these whole times.."

"But till when you will hiding, Bi? Don't you feel tired?" Dad's last question was shooting me right in my heart.

I'm tired. Of course I'm tired.. But I can't leave him, Dad.. I can't.

 

-00-

 

My parents left me with many questions in my head.. They gave me many reasons why I shouldn't date Sunggyu.. The fact that I should hide our relationship, what would happen when people found out, and the fact that Gyu won't marry me until he ends his career on his thirty.. Every reasons they told me were logic.. My brain accepted it, but my heart didn't.. All I wanted to do was to stay..

But somehow I was asking myself too why I stayed. I tried so hard to always be by his side, to be next to him every time he needs me, but Gyu.. There were many times I needed him, but he didn't available, he couldn't stay by my side, he couldn't be next to me every time I need. Just like this time, I really want to tell him about my parents’ idea of my engagement with Dong-nim, I wanted to tell him that my parents opposed our relationship, I wanted to tell him everything but he didn't pick up his phone. I was frustrated. That moment I felt so lonely and freaking frustrating.

 

But he always came late and had many excuses to make me stay. Just like this time, he brought me to meet Kim Jongwan of Nell.

I had chat with him and talked about Nell's comeback, I also took a picture with him and got his signature. I was so happy meeting Kim Jongwan, until I forgot that I mad at Gyu.

"Do you happy meeting him?" He asked me with a smile.

"I'm happy, thanks Gyu.." I replied as I smiled.

"If you're happy why don't you give me a kiss?" He asked playfully.

"Mwoya...."

He pressed his lips to show me the place I should kiss him.

And stupidly, I obeyed his order. I gave him peck on his lips and it made him smile like a little boy. Looking that I chuckled. His happy face always succeeds to make me smile. But then I wanted to tell him about what happened, so I started to say, "Gyu...there's something I wanna tell you.."

"What's that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter