Move

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5: Move

 

Mid Year of 2008

After that day, I was avoiding Sunggyu at all cost. But that was only happened for 3 days, because after that Doojoon invited us to eat his new recipe, and it was so delicious, and it could melt our awkwardness. Haha. It was funny how foods can unite us.

As Gyu’s prediction, the entrance exam’s result was out, and it turned out he failed the test, while I succeed to get into Medical Department of SNU as I wanted.

“Congrats Bi!” He was congratulating me with a broad smile until his eyes were gone.

I chuckled. “Yeah, thanks..” I responded it shortly. I didn’t want to talk about it with him. I was happy that I get in to SNU, but I was not when I see his face, it was reminded me of his ty confession.

 

-00-

 

And soon it was followed by graduation. People were happy for their achievement, how they could get through 3 hard years of high school. But for me, graduation was nothing special, because I knew even before I get into the school that I will be graduate anyway.

Instead feeling happy, I felt a bit sad because I will be separated with my friends, Bomi, Doojoon, and of course Kim Sunggyu. They were the first few people that I called friends. They changed me into a better person, well not that better though, but I felt the different. They are really mean to me.

Maybe you would think I was exaggerating, because Seoul-Jeonju is only 3 hours apart. But, who knows that we would be too busy to meet or even call. So yeah, I was sad. Moreover when I saw that jerk smiled like nothing would happen. *sighed*

 

-00-

 

I was in the middle of packing my things and my hearts, ready to leave this city to live in Seoul, the big city, the center of South Korea, when mom called my name.

“Bi... Your friends coming, just come down for a while..”

I walked downstairs and saw them, my friends.

“Bi aaah.. how about going out for a while? It’s your last day here, right? Huhuhu” Bomi tucked my arms.

I stole glance to Gyu, and he smiled. I asked mom’s permission before leaving and she gave it.

 

“Where we going, Bomiya?” I asked her.

“Just going outside of your house.. You know I can’t cry there..” Bomi acted sad.

I chuckled. “Why’d you have to cry?”

“It’s because you’re leaving soon.. huhuhu..”

“Heol.. It only needs 3 hours to go to Seoul..” I still said it when I also knew it wasn’t the reason.

“But still...” She pouted. She was really cute when she pouted.

 

We reached the park and sat on the bench.

Bomi took out something from her bag, “This is for you Queen Bi..”

She gave me a headband, pink of course. “Woah, why’d you give it to me?”

“Farewell gift.. “She answered fast. She helped me to wear that headband and continued, “It looks pretty on you.. You look pretty Bi.. Just wear it often and you will remember me..”

I nodded happily.

“This is for you..” It was Doojoon’s turn to give me his gift.

“What is this?” I asked as I accepted a book(?) from him.

“That’s my recipes..” Doojoon said with proud.

“Recipes? But you know I can’t cook.. Haha..”

“That’s why I give it to you.. If you can cook then I’m in danger.. hahaha..”

“Hahaha.. You really... but thanks..” I smiled.

Then I looked at Gyu and asked, “So, where’s your gift?”

He shook his head.

Heol. So, he didn’t even gave me anything? Fine, I was disappointed.

But then, he stood up and poked my stomach with something.

“Ouch..”

“This is for you..” He waves his iPod.

“This is for me?” I was shocked. It was his favorite iPod which he always brought anywhere anytime.

He nodded.

I frowned suspiciously but then smiled. “Okay, thanks..”

 

Then, Bomi hugged me tight, “I will miss you my Queen...”

“I will miss you too Princess..” I hugged her tight.

Doojoon also hugged me and said, “Maintain your health and eat proper foods, okay?”

“Yes, Chef!” I saluted him.

Then, it was Gyu’s turn and I felt a bit awkward. But he moved forward and pulled me to his hug. He didn’t say anything, but I can feel his sadness as he tightened his hug on me. I patted his back and said, “Be success on your own Gyu..”

We pulled apart and smiled to each other.

 

-00-

 

As I rode the car my father’s drive me to Seoul, I took out Gyu’s iPod and turned it on. I tucked the earphones on my ears and listened to the song. But what surprised me, it wasn’t a song. It was Gyu’s voice.

“Hi Bi.. You must be really happy to hear my beautiful voice, Hahaha..”

I chuckled to hear that. He was still overconfidence about his voice.

“So, this is my gift to you.. I will sing you a song.. I hope, as you listen to this song, you will sing along with me.. I know your voice is not bad.. hahaha”

Hish, this guy.. hahaha

“So, let’s sing! Lucky form Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat...”

 

Do you hear me, I’m talking to you

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, Oh My, Baby I’m trying

 

I chuckled at how bad his English, but then I sang along with him in the next part

 

Boy I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

 

This song reminded me to the time I spent with Gyu in highschool. Surely I have a love-hate relationship with him. Wait, we’re not even in a relationship, hahaha..

 

I’m lucky I’m in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

 

Oh oh oh oh oh

 

The tears were falling on my cheeks without permission. Why do I feel so sad? Why were I already missing him? I was sobbing until my mom turned her head to ask me whether I was okay.

“Bi, are you okay?”

“I’m okay mom..” I wiped my tears. “I’m fine..”

I was lying, I was not fine, I was sad, I was still crying when I heard Gyu singing the next part of Lucky.

 

I cried to hear his bad pronunciation over and over again, haha.

 

-00-

 

As I reached Seoul, we went to my father’s friend’s house, Mr. Son. It was a big house, even larger than my house. As I got in to the house, I saw the family picture. Mr. Son, Mrs. Son, their son and daughter. Wait, Son, Son, and son.. hahaha.

“Ooh, you’re already coming..” Mr. Son greeted us.

“Oh, you must be Wangbi, right?” Mrs. Son followed.

I bowed to them.

“She’s really pretty like her mom..” Mrs. Son said.

“Hahaha.. Of course..” My mom said it proudly. “Oh, is that Dongwoon?”

I looked at the guy who was coming. Tall and handsome, he is the guy in the picture.

“Anyeonghaseyo uncle, aunty..” He bowed to my parents.

“Well, this is Wangbi, my precious daughter..” My dad introduced me to him. “Greet your sunbae, Bi..”

“Sunbae?” I was surprised, but then bowed to him.

“He also study in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter