Fly

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: Fly

 

March 2008

It was already our last year in high school. As usual, the teachers told us to fill the career course planning form. It will be filled with the career that we wanted to pursue in the future. Following my father’s great path, me, Oh Wangbi, had a firm decision to become a doctor. Bomi also wanted to follow her mother’s path to become a kindergarten teacher. Doojoon who had a main interest on food wanted to apply in chef course. Meanwhile, this guy named Kim Sunggyu was hopeless. He still couldn’t filled the form. Actually his parents wanted him to take Law, but he was hesitant. We all knew he wanted to make music.

“You should just write down music as your career path in that form, why did you hesitate?” Doojoon asked.

“No.. You should think about your future carefully, Gyu.. Will music give you a promising future? You have to think your parents feeling too.. Remember, your father is a respective judge in this city, of course he wants his son to follow his glorious path.. Do you agree with me Bi ah?” Bomi asked.

“Hum? Mmm.. I don’t know..” I answered lazily.

“Yaaa, what’s wrong with you, Bi? You don’t want follow your dad too? to become a doctor?” Bomi asked.

“Of course I want! I just.. worry..”

“Worry for what?” Gyu asked shortly.

“I worry whether I will get into SNU (Seoul National University) or not.. Your parents only want you to take the Law no matter the university right? But my parents not.. They want me to take medical in SNU, not in another university, but SNU.. It’s kinda give me pressure..” I explained.

“Seems like uri Queen also has insecure side.. “ Gyu teased.

“Somehow I feel that my brain’s function decreased a lot in this high school because of you..” I attacked.

“Hahaha..” Gyu smirked. “But, my parents also want me to go to SNU.. How ridiculous is that?”

“Gosh..” Bomi and Doojoon heaved a sigh in harmony.

“Well, why don’t we try it, Gyu? Who knows we ended up in the same university?” I asked in spirit.

“Seems like you still want to spend time with me, Bi?” Gyu asked back.

Heol. I let my guard down. How could I ask that? Damn. Damn. Damn. Control yourself, Bi!

“No.. No.. I’m not! Huh.. I’m not sure you will get in anyway..” Hell yeah my evil mouth came out again. Sorry Gyu.

 

-00-

 

This day was the important day for me, because this day was the turning point of my life. I have to go to Seoul to take my SNU entrance exam. Actually I was not alone, Gyu finally agreed with his parent’s decision and filled his career path with Law and today he also had an entrance exam with me. But I was not sure he would come. Because last night, he called me.

It was 11:33 p.m. My phone’s ringtone woke me up and I hurriedly pick it up.

“Hi, Bi.. Have you sleep?” Gyu’s voice across the phone made me open my eyes.

“Do you still have to ask? Of course I already sleep. I need 8 hours peaceful sleep to be physically ready for the exam..”

“Haha.. Then, why don’t you turned off your phone? You know that I will call anyway..” Gyu said calmly.

Heol. He got me! Yeah I was waiting for his call, I hope he will call me and said ‘Fighting for tomorrow’s exam Bi ah! We can get through this!’

But what I got was...

“Should I come tomorrow?” He asked me.

Heol. “Of course! You already applied, Gyu..”

“But... “ He couldn’t finish his words.

“But what? I don’t like someone who is not sure with his own future.. If you already decided to choose Law then you should move forward..”

“I don’t have to be someone you like, Bi..”

Hish, my choice of word was . “Yeah, but.. Listen Gyu.. Tonight, just think deeply and carefully, what you want to do in your life.. Forget your parents and others opinion, just think about yourself.. Because it’s you who live your life, not another person.. For example me, I’m taking Medical not because of my parents but because I really want it.. I wanna be useful and helpful.. So, I hope you also find what you want to do..”

There was silent for a while until Gyu said, “Bi....”

“Hum?”

“Thanks...” Gyu said it softly.

Daeng! His soft voice was my weakness. Why did I suddenly feel like I was in the melodrama scene?

“Thanks for always by my side these times..”

No.. don’t say that.. it will make me cry

“And sorry.. for waking you up with my beautiful voice.. Hahaha”

Heol. I was going to throw up when hearing he said that. “Disgusting..”

“Hahaha.. Well, have a nice dream Bi ah.. Dreaming of me, okay?”

“That’s same as nightmare..”

“Hahaha.. okay, bye..” He hung up the phone.

And then I felt empty. To be truth, I wanted to have a longer conversation with him. I was worry over him, actually one side of me wanted him to pass the exam and be with me in the same university, but one side of me wanted him to follow his dream to be a musician because I knew he was shining when he sing. Guess, he isn’t the only one who confuse.

 

-00-

 

My father offered to take me to Seoul, but I refused. I said to him that I want to be independent, when actually I already made an appointment with Gyu to go together with train. I was in the railway station waiting for the train that bring me to Seoul and also waiting for him to come.. But yeah, I was not sure he will come.

But then he get closer to me and shocked me, “Bi!”

“GOSH, Gyu!” I hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter