A Change

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 22: A Change

 

 “Gyu...” I called his name with my most depressed tone.

“Bi... finally you called..” He welcomed me with his most warm tone.

“Gyu, tell me what should I do to stop this all?”

He kept silent for a moment, until I have to ask again. “Gyu?”

“Sorry, I just.. felt so blessed that you call.. I really wanted to call you before, but Woohyun said that I should give you time.. that I shouldn’t push you.. and now you call me I just beyond happy.. It means that you need me..” He paused to catch some breath then continued,  “I like when you depend on me, Bi..”

I didn’t expect him to say that. I used to talk to him every time I had a problem back then. But after he got busy over his schedule, I used to keep it by myself. Maybe he’s right, I was the one who create the distance.

“Gyu.. Why it become like this? I’m scared..”

“Sorry for creating this mess, Bi.. I never imagined it would be like this.. I know that you must be feel bothered by the news about you.. Shall we take a legal action? I heard it from my father that we can take a legal action from this mess..”

“No, Gyu.. I don’t want it to make it bigger.. I want to make it stop in a peaceful way so no one had to be suffered..”

“Well.. what about you make a social media account and posted a handwritten letter or a video?”

“Heol.. It would make it worse.. just like you did..” I ended it with laugh.

“Sorry...” He also laughed.

“I need some kind of strong action and something that can back me up..”

“Mmmm.. wait.. let me think..” We both were silent to think, but then Gyu gave the idea, “How about an interview?”

I was confused, “Interview?”

 

-00-

 

I was agreed with Sunggyu to have an exclusive interview with Cosmopolitan Korea, in order to gain public attention and awareness that what they did was actually bothered me. Even though I was not really sure, but I really hope it will success to stop this mess.

The interviewer was Kim Jungah, a journalist who had a Woman Life section in Cosmo, a section that usually talked about the latest trending issue in women or some inspirational woman stories. I never imagined that my problem would proper enough to be written as an article in this section, but the journalist welcomed Sunggyu’s idea with enthusiasm. So I was here in a studio they’ve been prepared, getting ready for the interview. She told me to be relaxed before the interview begins. She said that she would ask some questions and I could choose for answering or not. If I thought that what I have said was inappropriate to be shared to the public, I could tell her, and she would review it. She also told me not to mind the photographer who take some pictures while the interview going. I nodded as I understand and the interview started.

 

-00-

 

I was scared when the day of my interview with Cosmo to be released. What would they responds? Will it success to calm them down? Or was it just gonna extravagate them? I had those thoughts in my mind. And I started to read my own interview in Cosmo in nerve.

 

The It Girl: Oh Wangbi

 

In March, Seoul got their new It girl since the rumor of her association with a famous male idol revealed. Public started to give attention to her because she was portrayed as the ideal woman. Even though she got a positive respond from public, it also gave pressure and stress. Here she gave her first and last interview regarding this issue to stop public curiosity about her.

 

Q: Because you’re known through the issue about Kim Sunggyu’s leaving Infinite, so we cannot avoid to not talk about your relationship with him. Could you tell us briefly?

A: I was his high school mate, so I have known him since 9 years ago. We had lost contact for a while when I moved to Seoul to study at SNU. But we met again when he also came to Seoul to pursue his dream as a singer.

 

Q: So, you were with him since he was trainee?

A: It’s even before that, I helped him preparing for auditions. I knew how hard his effort to achieve this state.

 

Q: It’s also said that you support him to be a singer since the beginning?

A: Yes. So the suspicions that I made him to choose between me and his career was not true.

 

Q: When did you start your relationship with him? I asked this question because as I know there are some agencies that have a dating ban.

A: We started dating when he had his first contract signing as their trainee. His agency didn’t have a dating ban..  as long as we keep it secret. So, since the beginning I knew that my existence is risking the group, but –in the name of love- we keep dating with trying so hard to keep it secret. We didn’t date in public area, I didn’t make any social media, we tried to be invisible couple.

 

Q: How did you make it invisible? Were you avoided everything related to him?

A: Mmm.. Not exactly avoiding, but not doing any excessive things.. Sometimes, I watched their concert along with the fans, but after that I didn’t go backstage or even join the after-party, I just went home.. Even their staffs didn’t know how I look, maybe they’re just know my name. I kind of support him and the group in silent.

 

Q: Do you close with the other members? And did his CEO know you?

A: I’m quite close with the other members, because sometime we have meals together. And his CEO knows me, but we’re not that close (laugh)

 

Q: I heard that you dated for four years, it was such a long time for a relationship, moreover for a hidden relationship. How could you deal with it?

A: Yes, hiding a relationship wasn’t easy. When you have a relationship, you wanted to be acknowledged, you wanted to express your feeling to the one you loved, but we can’t. So of course, quarrels, disappointment and miscommunication cannot be avoided. Moreover, there were so many things happened in the first half-last year to make me think that this relationship was not healthy for both of us. So I decided to leave.. without him knowing.

 

Q: Why did you leave without him knowing?

A: Because I think, I wouldn’t be able to leave him if I let him know. I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter