Future

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14: Future

 

In the early May, I received a happy news from Doojoon, he would married that weekend. I was so happy when receiving his invitation letter. I tried my best to fix up my schedule so I could go back to Jeonju to attend his wedding. Then of course I also asked Gyu whether he could come or not, but he only said he would try his best. I didn’t expect much from him anyway.

After finishing my morning shift, I directly drove my car to Jeonju, I had appointment with Bomi there. I was so happy to see her that day. I hugged her tight and said, “Long time no see, Bomiyaaaa”

“Yeaaaah.. My queen how are you? You look skinnier..” She said.

“Really?” I touched my cheeks.

“Is SNU stressing you out?” She asked.

“Yeah.. Much...” I answered as I laughed.

“Bi... Tell me about your life in Seoul...”

My life in Seoul? . I answered it in my heart, but in the reality I answered, “Mmm.. just so so.. I was busy over SNU these whole times and now residency..”

“Is Seoul guys really that handsome? Bi, do you have a boyfriend? Just introduce your boyfriend to me... Who knows that he has a handsome friend too..”

“I forced laugh. Do you have a boyfriend? Seriously, I hate that question. “I don’t have boyfriend, Bomi..” I lied, again.

“Really? A girl with a pretty face like yours didn’t have a boyfriend? There must be something wrong in this world..”

“You’re exaggerating... Well, how about you?”

“Me? I just broke up with my boyfriend..”

“Eh? Why?”

“He’s cheating behind my back..” Bomi said it as she laughed.

“Heol.. Why do you said it with laughing?”

“Then what should I do? Crying? No.. He doesn’t deserve my tears..”

“Wow... Seems you’ve change a lot Bomiya...”

“Yeah.. I’m not that crybaby again, Bi.. I even learn taekwondo lately..”

“Wow! Daebak!” I laughed and happy that she changed to be someone better.

“But Bi... Have you still in contact with Gyu?” Daeng! Why she should ask that thing?

“Gyu? Mmmm no.. Why?” I lied.

“He become really famous... I never imagined that Kim Sunggyu will be a famous idol..”

I forced to laugh.

“Doojoon said he invited him, but I’m not sure he will come tomorrow..” She said.

“Mmm.. yeah...”

“I’m not sure he still remember us.. We’re just his mere high school friends, right? Moreover, he must be really busy...”

“Hu um..”

“I heard that he closed with KARA’s Seungyeon.. Woah, can you imagine Sunggyu will get a girl like Seungyeon?? She’s pretty, has a nice body, what does she lacking as a girl? Gyu must be lucky!”

I forced to laugh with her. I really wanted to tell her that Gyu sometimes still mentioned them in our conversationthat Gyu was missing Doojoon’s dish, and I wanted to tell her that I’m his girlfriend not Seungyeon. But I could only silent and nodding every words she said. I was so helpless. This relationship was helpless.       

 

-00-

 

I was in front of my mirror, getting ready to attend Doojoon’s wedding when my mom came to my room.

“You look beautiful, Bi...” Mom said as she fixed my braided hair.

I looked at her from mirror and smiled.

“Just try to look for some nice guy in the wedding, Bi..”

“Mooom...” I sighed as I stood to face her.

“I’m kidding..” She my cheeks. “But, will he come?”

“Who?” I still asked when I actually knew who is the guy my mom means.

“Kim Sunggyu.. Will he come?” My mom asked while looked at my eyes.

“I don’t know...” I simply answered.

“You’ve broke up?”

“Nooo... I just don’t know he will come or not..”

My mom nodded and smiled. “Okay.. If you’re ready, just hurry to the wedding.. You’ll be late..”

 

-00-

 

And then I went to the wedding and met Bomi there. We were entering the hall together when someone came closer.

“Oh Wangbi....” There was someone called my name.

I turned my head and saw him. “Suho?? Aaah.. long time no see...”

“Yeah, long time no see, Bi... Woah, you still as pretty as before...”

“You always try to flirt with her every time you meet her..” Bomi gave comment.

“I rarely meeting her, so it’s okay to flirt, right?” He tried to be funny.

“Suho ya.. I let you know.. She doesn’t have a boyfriend.. So, tried your best, fighting!” Bomi said that and then went away, leaving me with Suho.

“Bomiyaaaa...” I tried to call her but she already joined in a group of people that I never met before.

“Do you really didn’t have a boyfriend?” Suho asked me.

“Aaah.. yeah...” I lied, again. I hate it.

“Wow.. Seems you’re the type of workaholic girl, Bi..”

I nodded and forced to smile.

 

But then, the wedding music started to play, so Suho and I were sitting on chairs to get ready for the ceremony. Doojoon came to the altar with the officiant and his best man. Doojoon looked so handsome in his groom suit. Then, the groomsmen and the bridesmaid were walking down the aisle, followed by the ring bearer and the flower girl, and also the maid of honor. And finally, the bride made her grand entrance and walked to the left of her as she made her way down the aisle. The bride was so beautiful with that lacey wedding gown. I wondered how I look in a wedding gown. Then they were saying their vows and starting to kiss. I was overwhelmed by the situation. It was so sacred yet so romantic. I wanted to have a wedding like this someday. But then the view of Kim Sunggyu in my head ruined everything. Will he be my future husband? If he will, the next question is, when? I asked myself.

 

The wedding continued with a performance from the groom’s friend. And that was the time, I was shocked.

I saw Gyu entering the hall, and the audience were surprised, especially the teenage audience, they suddenly went front and taking pictures.

Gyu took the mic and said, “Congratulation to my best buddy, Yoon Doojoon.. You finally meet your love..”

Doojoon smiled so bright as he heard Gyu words.

“I let you know Gayoon ssi, you are really lucky to have Doojoon.. “

Gayoon, the bride, made a suspicious face.

But then Gyu continued, “You will never feel hungry..”

The audience were laughing, so were the bride and groom.

“Doojoon ah, Gayoon ssi, I hope your marriage will long last, and you will live together happily ever after.. I will sing you a song for your wedding gift.. Be Mine piano version for you..”

And the girls in front were screaming.

Heol, this is a wedding gals not a concert.

Then Gyu was sitting behind the piano and started to play it.

I didn’t know when he prepared for the arrangement, but it meant he wanted to come from the beginning. Why did he said he tried his best? Heol..I found myself pouted then smiled.

He started to sing,

jikyeobwa wat janha ni sarangeul gin ibyeoreul

neul sangcheo badeul baen nan ge na-a

 

He sang it in ballad melody, so it felt really different.


kkok baro bwa, uneunge shilheoseo geurae
apeunge himdeureo geurae, geureon neol bolttae mada

 

He looked at the bride and groom and sang the refrain

 

naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, ou~?
naega neol geokjeonghae, ou~?
naega neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge
naekkeo haja, niga nal aljanha, ou~?
niga nal bwat janha, eo?
naega neol kkeut kkaji, jikyeo julge

 

Here we didn’t hear Sungyeol’s do you hear me and Ya-Dong’s rap

 

neom chinda saenggakhae neon na ege neul geuraesseo

ni sangcheo ga neul surok keoji neun mam
naegero wa, utneunge johaseo geurae
pyeon hage haejuryeo geurae, jeogeo do namaneun neol

 

“Sing it together...” He said it and then the girls in front were singing together with him

 

naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, ou~?
naega neol geokjeonghae, ou~?
naega neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge
gati gaja, himdeun gil geod jima, eo?
shwibji anhat janha, eo?
dashi neun geureon neol, bogi shilheo (Oh)


Then he ended the song with the melody of the piano.

 

The audience were clapping their hands to appreciate Gyu’s performance. He was indeed a musician, and I was so proud, he could pull it off even only with his voice and piano.

He bowed to the audience and then when he looked up he was naturally met my eyes. We were smiling to each other.

 

-00-

 

“Hi...” Gyu was greeting me and Suho.

“Woah.. We meet a superstar, Bi...” Suho welcomed him.

Gyu was smiling at me so bright, but I could only force a smile. Honestly, I was nervous. It was a rare chance for me and Gyu to be together with so many people around.

“Gyuuuu...” Bomi came. “Woaah, I doubt you will come, but you even prepared a song.. Daebak!” She gave him thumbs up.

“Long time no see Bomi ya...” He said to Bomi.

“Yeah.. You must be really busy, Gyu.. I never saw you back to this small city..” Bomi said.

Gyu grinned and nodded.

“How it feels to be an idol, Gyu? You must be really enjoy it, you can meet many y girl group members..” Suho asked.

“Well, yeah.. “ He was laughing.

Heol.

“Gyu, do you really dating Seungyeon?” Bomi asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter