Available

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10: Available

 

2010

After making polling, Woolim named Gyu’s group with the name of Infinite, in hope that the group will have a limitless career. I personally liked that group’s name.

Woolim had scheduled Infinite to be debuted by the year 2010. Then Woolim worked with Mnet to produce reality show called You Are My Oppa, the show that introduced the group before making their debut. In that reality show, they would work with Yoo Jiae, a 17 years old girl who they had to take care of as their younger sister. Gyu called me before taking that job.

“Bi, I will work with a girl in our new reality show, don’t be jealous okay?”

“Tell me, what that girl had achieve to make me jealous? I’m on a different level, Gyu.” I said it playfully.

“Woooaah, yeoksiii my Queen..”

Gyu always told me about the girls he had been working with, like his make-up noona, coordi noona, stylist noona, and so on. He wanted to make sure that I wasn’t jealous. I’m not the type of girl who easily gets jealous, I’m so full of myself, and I’m sure Gyu will not cheating behind my back.

 

-00-

 

After the reality show finished, they continued to focus on their debut album. They were practicing so hard, into the level I couldn’t believe they practice dancing for 18 hours.

“18 hours???” I shouted at him from across the phone.

“Yeah, I was sooo tired..” Gyu said in a low tone.

“It’s breaking the human’s right! It’s a slavery, Gyuuu..”

“Yaa yaa yaaa.. Don’t exaggerating.. It’s because we’re still lacking.. You know that we want to be a dance group, so of course we want to excel in dancing.. We want to be famous as the most synchronized dance group, Bi.. so that’s normal..”

“That’s not normal, Gyu... Oh My God, I don’t know that you will get through this hardships.. You better become a solo singer..”

“Yeah.. If this succeed, I’ll ask for a solo, Bi.. Don’t worry..”

“Okay.. Buy don’t forget to eat proper foods, Gyu.. Don’t forget to drink your multi vitamins, okay?”

“Yes, Ms. Doctor..”

He was super busy for two months preparing for their debut until we didn’t have time to meet. There were a few times I dropped by their dorm to give them multi vitamins, but yeah there were only short times. I missed him, I couldn’t deny it, but I hope they made a successful debut, so I bear with it.

 

-00-

 

#np: Infinite – Come Back Again

And in June 9th, they had their debut stage in M! Countdown with their debut single Come Back Again. I watched it through the TV and I was amazed. I never even once saw their practice, not because I didn’t support them, but I didn’t want to go to the Woolim building and disturb them.

Actually that song was not my cup of tea, but Gyu danced really well. I didn’t imagined that Gyu will dance that well. Like, Kim Sunggyu dance??But he proved it to me that everything is possible through a hard work, and I was so happy to see him on stage.

They had their first fans signing at July 17th in Kyungkido Ilsan Shinnara Record. Woohyun invited me to come to their first fans signing and disguised as their fans, because he scared there will be no fans gathered that day. But I politely refused his offer, I wanted to remain behind the stage, I didn’t want to make people suspicious about my relationship with Gyu even for a bit. But, I deliberately passed by the place of the fans signing, and I saw many fans were gathered there even before it started. I was happy to see that even they were only a rookie but they successfully gathered quite large number of fans.

But after that fans signing, Gyu called me.

“Bi, If I’m not mistaken, I hugged more than a hundred of girls today..” He told me with proud.

“Well, Congrats Mr. Kim Sunggyu.. Is there a girl who has 36D size?” I asked sarcastically.

“Yaaaa!! I don’t even think about that.. I was too happy that they came, Bi.. Their existence were enough..”

“Yeah.. Congrats, Gyu..”

“But, I’m a bit sad actually..”

“Why?”

“Because there’s a certain girl who didn’t come to the fans signing.. No.. She even didn’t want my free Album CD with my signature on it.. Huhuhu..”

I laughed. He didn’t know that I already bought it by myself, but I chose to say, “Sorry.. But Come Back Again is not the song I liked to listen..”

“Heol.. A definite answer from a girl who only had Nell, Muse, Keane, Coldplay, The Script and One Republic on her playlist.. Tsk tsk.. You should try to listen to K-pop songs, Bi..”

I giggled. He didn’t know that these days I like to play Wings, one of the songs from their album.

#np: Infinite – Wings

 

-00-

 

Talking about Wings, that song was composed by Tablo and Mithra Jin, the two of Infinite’s former mentors. They had helped Gyu and the other members to create Infinite. But Tablo got a scandal in the days near Infinite debut stage. And to prevent his scandal affecting Infinite’s career, Tablo and Woolim agreed to withdraw his contract. I still remembered that day when Gyu called me and cried, no.. he was sobbing so hard.

“Bi... I feel so useless.. I wanted to thank him for everything he helped me, but I didn’t even have a chance.. I didn’t even say anything.. He just leave like that, Bi...” He said it while sobbing so hard.

“It’s okay, Gyu... It’s okay.. Just try to call him later, uhm?”

“I don’t know if I could say anything, Bi.. I feel so shamed.. He’s leaving because of us..”

“Nooo.. He’s leaving because it was the best decision he can make.. Don’t blame yourself, Gyu..”

“I really wanted to help him clear his name, but I couldn’t do anything.. I was so useless, Bi.. I was so useless..”

He kept repeating the word ‘I was useless’ for many times. I could understand why he felt that way, because Kim Sunggyu is the person who always respects the people who helped him. So, when they had problem, he willingly gave his hands to help. But this time, he couldn’t do anything and it frustrated him. But I was happy that he could get up from his frustration and worked hard again to promote their debut album.

 

-00-

 

As he worked hard with Infinite, I also worked hard with my study. SNU was also made me frustrated though, they gave me tons of individual as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter