Chap 2

The Single Daddies Club

“So normally at this part of our meetings, we split up.  It gets kind of hectic having twelve people all trying to talk at the same time.” Junmyeon announced.  The others nodded in agreement.  “I lead one group and Kris leads the other, because we have the most experience.  You can start with my group, since it’s the one your brother is in.”

With that, they separated the chairs again to create two smaller circles.  I followed Kyungsoo over to Junmyeon’s circle.  In it were the two guys I saw at the children’s table earlier as well as the two younger guys who arrived late.

“Ok,” Junmyeon started, “So normally we start with everyone sharing a positive story that happened to them this week.  Something that goes ‘Woo!  I’m a good father and I know it!’” The other boys shook their heads in embarrassment.

“What really tends to happen, is we just say something that happened and Mr. positive over here puts a happy spin on it.” Baekhyun said.

“I’ll go first.” Kyungsoo announced.

“Kyungbin got his first tooth this week!”

“That’s not something that you did for him.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“But it was still exciting.” Kyungsoo said with a smile. “It’s right in the front on top.  The only problem is, he bites everything in sight.”

“I remember when Chanyong got his first tooth.” Chanyeol reminisced, shuddering at what must have been a very unpleasant experience. “I had to replace his crib and pretty much every piece of hardware in the apartment.  You would’ve thought I had a dog.”

“That’s nothing.” Baekhyun muttered. “All Baekha wanted to bite happened to be my fingers.”

“Only your fingers?” Sehun said, as he wearily looked down at his daughter, who was crawling over the floor.

“Yea, it’s wasn’t too bad though.  I only needed stitches, like, twice.”

Sehun gulped.

“Yah, Baekhyun stop scaring him.” Junmyeon interfered. “This is supposed to be a helpful experience.”

“I know that!  I’m just warning him.” He turned to Sehun. “Just make sure you have a strong crib, Sehun.  I’ve heard stories of babies biting their way through, crawling into their parent's bed in the middle of the night, and going for the toes.”

“WHAT!??”

“Just wear thick socks.”

Before Sehun could scream again, Junmyeon shouted, “OK I HAVE A GOOD STORY TO SHARE.” And Jongin tried to calm down a paranoid looking Sehun.

“I signed my daughters and I up for ballet.” Junmyeon announced, a smile spread across his face.

“What do you mean… and I?” Kyungsoo asked.

“It’s a Daddy Daughter dance class!  I read in a magazine that it’s good to find fun things like this to do with your kids.  It’s valuable bonding time that creates memories and teaches life lessons!” As Junmyeon grinned like he just won the lottery, the other collectively groaned again (I was learning that this was a common pattern).

“So you’re seriously going to wear tights and a tutu?” Baekhyun asked, trying his best to suppress his laughter.

“Not a tutu, Baekhyun. That would be incredibly emasculating, who do you think I am?” Junmyeon said.

“Oh, you’re right.  My bad, a tutu is definitely the only thing destroying your man-pride.”

“I was even thinking Kris should join me on this.” Junmyeon added. “I know Kara has been begging him to take dance classes.”

“Ha!  Good luck getting him to do that! You’d have better luck trying to get Daehyuk to stop stealing people’s trousers.”  Chanyeol guffawed.

“You guys don’t think he would do it?’ Junmyeon asked innocently, as if the news was a total shock.

“Here’s a deal for you, Junmyeon.” Chanyeol started. “If you get Kris to join you in this little Daddy Daughter Dancing Troupe, I’ll join you too.”

“That is an incredibly bad idea.” Baekhyun said.

“But, Chanyong’s a… boy.” Sehun muttered.

“Hey, what’s wrong with boys doing ballet?” Jongin said, contributing the conversation for what seemed like the first time.

           “Oh, right, I forgot you did that dancing thing too.”

            “It’s not just some ‘dancing thing’!” Jongin yelled, startling his daughter who looked up at him with big, concerning eyes.

            “Really? You’d do it with us too?” Junmyeon said, completely ignoring the others.

            “I hate to break it to you, Junmyeon ahjussi, but Chanyeol is only saying that because he is one hundred percent sure Kris will say no.” Sehun said.

            “I think you all underestimate Kris! And Sehun, we’ve been over this, you don’t need to call me ahjussi, I’m not much older than you.” Junmyeon said. “In fact, this could be a great opportunity for a bunch of the dads to bond with their kids!”

            “Umm, Sehee can’t even walk yet.” Sehun whined. “I think we should be exempt from your little bonding idea.”

            “Same.” Kyungsoo chimed in.

            “Same.” Jongin agreed.

            “I thought you liked dancing?” Junmyeon asked.

            “I do, but not with you guys.  That would seriously hurt my rep.” Jongin replied.

            With that, Junmyeon called over the other group.

            “Hey guys!” He said, but they ignored him.

            “Hey, hey, guys? GUYS!” He yelled, in what appeared to be very un-Junmyeon like fashion. “I have an idea for you all!”

            After Junmyeon told them his “great” idea, as expected the other boys had similar reactions.

            “Nabi can’t even walk yet! Plus, any of that running around would totally ruin her hair.  Do you have any idea how long it takes me to fix it in the morning?” Tao whined.

            “I OBJECT!!” Jongdae yelled. “I can barely get those two to get dressed in the morning! How do you expect me to get them to dance?”

            “Jongdae has a point.” Minseok said. “I think it would be in everyone’s best interest -- and safety -- if he and his little monsters are excused from your ‘bonding exercise’”.

            “Well what about you, Minseok?” Junmyeon mused.

            “Well, umm,” Minseok sputtered. “Jin and I have very busy schedules. Very busy.”

            “Like wha- ?”

            “Very busy.”

            “But Minseo-“

            “Very. Busy.” Minseok concluded curtly, Jin even nodding his head in agreement.  Junmyeon turned away, accepting his apparent defeat.

            “What about you, Yixing? Do you think Bing would like it?” Junmyeon asked.

            “Actually, I think he might!” Yixing said, the smile on his face surprising everyone in the room.

            “Really!?” Junmyeon nearly squealed.

            “Yea, I mean, I’ve been meaning to get him to do more activities with other kids.  He doesn’t talk much and I want him to open up to people.”

            I glanced over to Bing, who was sitting on the carpet.  He was completely absorbed in a set of building blocks and I realized that even though I had heard so far every child say or scream at least something, Bing had been quiet the entire time.  Even as the twins chased each other around him and Jin tried to read what appeared to be a children’s history book to a very un-amused looking Ace, Bing seemed to not even notice there were other people in the room.

            “Great!” Junmyeon said. “So that makes three!”

            “Woah, there.  I haven’t promised anything yet. I only said I would do it if you got Kris to agree to do it to, which I still don’t think is going to happen.” Chanyeol interrupted.

            “Well, Kris?” Junmyeon asked, cocking one eyebrow.

            Just as he was about to refuse, Kara came running over, clearly having overheard the conversation.

            “Daddy can we please!!!!!!!” She squealed. “I’ve ALWAYS wanted to take dancing classes but you always say no!” She pouted.

            “I- I know – but, honey..” He began to say but was at a loss for words.

            “Ok,” Kris declared. “I’ll only do it if Luhan does it too.”

            “Hey why am I being brought into this!!?” Luhan yelled. “I can’t sign Jaehan up for dance classes! Everyone already thinks he’s a girl, this would only make it worse.” He said, shaking his head. Just then, Jaehan came over to see what all the dads were yelling about.

            “Jaehan-ah,” Minseok cooed. “How would you like to take dance classes with daddy?”

            Jaehan eyes widened to an impossible size and he squeaked in excitement. “Yeah! Yeah! Do with Daddy!!” He giggled to himself as he threw himself onto his dad’s lap.

            “But, Jaehan, you don’t want to dance right?” Luhan pleaded with his child.

            “Dance! Dance! Daddy Dancing!” Jaehan said, followed by some other incoherent gibberish that I took to also mean, yes.

            “So it’s settled!” Junmyeon clapped his hands together. “I will sign Kris, Luhan, Yixing, Chanyeol and myself all up for the dance lessons.  They are held in this building too, just on the second floor, so its super convenient!”

            “I can’t wait to see this, you guys will have soo much fun.” Baekhyun snickered.

            “Hmm, Baekhyun has a good point.” Junmyeon rubbed his chin.

            “What do you mean ‘Baekhyun has a good point’?” Baekhyun sputtered. “Baekhyun doesn’t usually have good points, Baekhyun is rather good-point-less.” He tried to say, but he new it was futile.  The wheels in Junmyeon’s head were churning, and nothing was going to stop what was going to come out next.

            “Since the five of us have something to do to bond with our kids, you guys need to find something to do too!”

            Protests were rising, but Junmyeon shot them down.

            “Guys, this is a great idea! Don’t be so grumpy about it all, it’ll be fun! What do you think, Yisoo-shi?” Junmyeon asked, suddenly turning his attention to me.

            “Umm, well I.” I stuttered. “I do think it’s a good idea to spend time with your children, but-“

            “So you agree!” Junmyeon concluded. “That settles it. Next week, the rest of you should come prepared with ideas for what you can do for your father-child bonding experience!”

            There was silence.

“Can we please not call it that.” Sehun stated somberly. I expected to hear groans of agreement following it, but the boys just sat in silence. They seemed too upset with their impending future, to even have the energy to complain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OooOOOooooh a plot has appeared (sorta)! I hope you guys like it!! And thank you to everyone who is subscribing <3 Random question... ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THIS COMEBACK!!?! I'm dead with just the teasers (don't know how I will make it) and they comeback on my birthday (Which is just, like, the best present EVER.)