BONUS!

The Single Daddies Club

A/N: Hi guys!!!!! It's been too long >.< this is a drabble requested by yznxh- like... forever ago so sorry it took so long but yay it's finished! !  I wish I had more time to write but school comes first. Anyways, hopefully I can write more drabbles like this if I find time! (It's summer now too, so that helps). Also, even though I haven't been updating y'all are still commenting and subscribing and I just feel so thankful for each and every one of you guys UGH MY HEART!! Anyways~~ here's some fluffy Jongin & Hyein for y'all, enjoy! ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Beeeeep! Beeeeeep! Beeeeep!

                Ughhh…. I moaned as I slapped my hand around the side of the bed trying to find the off switch to my alarm clock. I tried to roll over before remembering that for the past few months I’ve had the grace and mobility of a humpback whale.

                “Jongin-ahhh.” I mumbled as I reached for my husband. “Can’t… move…”

                I found his arm and gave him a shove, but he just continued to snore.

                “Jongin… Hyein… needs you…” I mumbled in an attempt to gain his attention. But he didn’t budge.

                “Jongin… chicken… delivery…” I tried again and he shot up.

                “Where??” He sat straight, hair a tangled mess and eyes filled with sleep.

                “Nowhere, crazy! It’s 8 am!” I said. “But now that you’re up, could you be a number-one-awesome-husband and please turn the alarm clock off? I can’t move.”

                “Yisoo-yah.” Jongin started as he reluctantly climbed out of bed to turn the alarm off. “We’ve talked about this before, I have one rule. Don’t. Joke. About. Chicken.”

                “I thought your one rule was don’t make fun of my leotard?” I teased as I used all my arm strength to sit up in bed. He shut the alarm off and turned around to stare at me. He rolled his dark brown eyes but smiled as he walked over to sit next to me on the edge of our bed.

                “Ok, two rules then. But two very, very important rules!” He joked as he gave me a good morning kiss. Which turned into a very passionate good morning kiss. Which turned into an—

                “Daddy, I’m hungry!!” Hyein called from our open door. She stood in her pink pajamas, long hair and bangs a tangled mess as she stared at us with an appalled look on her face. At her reaction, we immediately pulled away from each other.

                “Are you now!” He joked at her as he gestured for her to come join us on the bed. She ran over with a smile and jumped on. “What do you want this beautiful Saturday? Eggs? Oatmeal?”

                “Chocolate cake!” She giggled at her own answer as she rolled around in the bed covers.

                “Chocolate cake??!” Jongin yelled in surprise as he began to tickle attack her through the piles of blankets. “But you don’t even like chocolate cake!”

                Hyein squealed under the blankets as her dad smothered her in a hug.

                “Yess-NO!!—Yes I DO!!” She squealed as he kept tickling her over me and I joined in.

                “Stop stop stop!!” She squealed and we all started laughing.

                “I can’t hear you!” Jongin taunted.

                “Stop!” Hyein squealed again and she began to fight back, shooting up out of the covers to attack him in tickles too. But she missed her target and landed on my stomach instead.

                “Oough!” I grunted as she landed on my giant belly.

                “Hyein-ah! Be careful!!!” Jongin’s eyes turned stern as he immediately stopped playing. Hyein backed off immediately and hung her head, understanding that playtime was over.

                “You can’t do that around Mommy, remember? You’re baby brother is in there and we need to keep him safe!” He explained.

                Hyein curled up next to me (knowing I was the softie of us two) and began gently patting my stomach.

                “Sorry, baby…” She crooned to my belly. “Sorry Mommy.” She said to me.

                “It’s ok, Hyein-ah.” I said as I pet her hair. “It was an accident.”

                An accident that hurt like a , I thought to myself, but didn’t say out loud.

                “Let’s go eat breakfast, ok?” I asked.

                “Sounds good.” Jongin said. “It’s ok Hyein, stop pouting at me, I’m not mad anymore.” He tried but she continued to ignore him and grabbed my hand to help me stand up out of bed.

                “She’s so stubborn…” Jongin mumbled as he trudged out the bedroom and into the kitchen nearly tripping over our two poodles sitting patiently outside the door.

                “Just like her Daddy.” I called after him in a teasing tone.

                “What was that? I couldn’t hear you!” He called as he left the room.

                “Mommy, when is baby coming?” Hyein asked as we walked hand in hand into the kitchen.

                “Soon, honey. Very soon.” I replied. I hope.

                I was seven months along and the size of a small truck. I couldn’t wear any of my old clothes, had bags constantly under my eyes, swollen feet, and I couldn’t even bend over to tie my own shoes. Pregnancy glow my , I was just pregnancy blubber.

                “What are we gonna call him?” She asked again.

                “We don’t know yet!” I replied.

                “We should call him pumpkin! Because you’re belly is just like a pumpkin!” Hyein said.

                “Pumpkin!” I joked. “We can’t call him that! He’ll get made fun of!”

                “No he won’t! It’s cute.” She replied.

                She continued to blabber on nonsensical names for her new brother while I helped her pick out clothes to wear and wash up. After she had put on her outfit for the day we walked (well, I waddled) into the kitchen to see what Jongin had prepared for breakfast.

                “Appaaaa I’m hungryyyy!” Hyein sang as she twirled around the kitchen.

                “Good, I’m making your favorite! Oatmeal!” Jongin replied with a cheery grin as he turned back around to stirring at the stove.

                “Can I help?” Hyein asked as she peered up towards the stove to look into the pot.

                “Woah! Stay back! The stove is hot, I don’t want you to get burned!” Jongin warned as Hyein backed away. “Why don’t you pour us all some juice?”

                “Ok!” She grinned as she went over to the fridge to get out apple juice and begin pouring three glasses.

                “Be careful!” I scolded Hyein again as she hap hazardously poured the juice all over the counter.

                “Whoops!” She giggled as she grabbed some napkins to clean up her spill.

                “Let me help-“ I began before she cut me off.

                “No I can do it!!” Hyein said. “I’m a big girl!”

                “Alright, if you say so!” I said with a smirk as she messily cleaned up her spill. Jongin turned around from the stove to see his daughter making even a bigger mess than she started with and just shook his head.

                “Hyein-ah! It’s ok, uh, Appa will finish cleaning it up. You just go sit and eat.” Jongin suggested and Hyein happily obliged. Jongin put the bowl in front of her and she began to dig in but when he put my bowl in front of me, my stomach flipped.

                “I think—I think I’m going to get sick.” I choked as I sat back in my chair feeling woozy.

                “You don’t want oatmeal?” Jongin asked, suddenly very concerned. “But it’s your favorite! Are you sure you’re feeling ok? Do you need to lie down?”

                “I think… I think I’m going to go lay down for a bit.” I replied groggily as my stomach churned.

                “Here let me help-“ Jongin sped to my side and helped me walk back to the bedroom.

                “I’m fine, really, I can walk…”  I said.

                “Nonsense, let me help.” Jongin said firmly. “Lay down, I’ll bring you some water and medicine. Should I call the doctor?”

                “No, I’m fine. My stomach just feels like it’s going to come out of my throat.” I replied.

               “That doesn’t exactly sound like ‘fine’ to me, but if don’t want me to call I won’t.” Jongin said, not totally convinced. I lied down and soon he was back with pills and water.

                “Take these and then rest. You can’t be sick… especially when you’re practically two people.” Jongin said.

                “Alright, Dr. Kim.” I joked weakly after I took the medicine.

                “Dr. Kim… I like it.” He smirked. “Now go back to sleep, if you need anything just call.”

                “Alrighty, Dr. Kim.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

                “Appa, is Mommy alright?” Hyein asked me as I walked back into the kitchen.

                “Yes, Mommy is ok. Her tummy just hurts that’s all.” I replied.

                “Was it something I did???” Hyein asked, her eyes widening in fear.

                “No no no! It wasn’t your fault, sweetie.”

                “But I fell on her stomach this morning! Did I hurt Pumpkin?” Hyein asked. I didn’t really know where pumpkin came from, but I assumed she meant the baby.

                “Your brother is fine, don’t worry. And Mommy will be better soon, she just needs to rest.” I assured her.

                “I wish I could make her feel better…” Hyein sighed.

                “Hey!” I replied. “Here’s an idea!”

                “What?”

“How about you and me go out and get some things for Mommy to help her feel better?”

“Like what?” Hyein asked, intrigued.

“Think, what does Mommy love?”

“Us!” Hyein giggled.

“Well, besides us!” I replied with a laugh.

“Umm puppies!” Hyein tried again. She pointed to the poodles sitting by her chair, waiting for something to drop.

“Well, yes.” I replied. “But not quite what I mean.”

“Then what?” Hyein sighed, frustrated.

“Why don’t you go put a jacket on, and we will go find out.” I said with a grin and my daughter leapt out of her chair and skipped to her room. I went to go check on Yisoo and leave her a note. When I walked into the bedroom, she was passed out asleep.

Going out with Hyein, will be back soon.

Feel better!

Xoxo, Jongin

I put the note on her nightstand and kissed her forehead before grabbing a jacket and heading to the living room.

“Ready!” Hyein giggled in her pink raincoat.

“Hyein-ah, it’s not raining out!” I said.

“But I like this jacket the bestest!”

I sighed and grabbed her hand. “Alright, if you say so!”

We hit the streets and walked down to the nearest convenience store to find the first item on my agenda. The sun was out but there was a bit of a breeze, making for just the right temperature. I held my daughter’s hand as she skipped down the street, all giggles and blabbering along about anything that popped into her head.

“Appa, are you teaching today?” She asked.

“Nope! Appa has Saturday’s off, remember?” I replied.

“But I thought you taught the daddies and babies on Saturdays?” She asked again.

“That’s only in the fall and winter time.” I replied. “Right before the talent show!”

“Ohh right!” Hyein replied. “I can’t wait for that again!”

“You had a lot of fun last year, didn’t you?”

“Yea! Me and Nabi-Unnie and Sehee were the bestest!” She replied.

“You all were pretty good.” I joked as she pouted.

“We were the bestest!” She announced again, and I made a mental note to start expanding my daughter’s vocabulary.

“Here we are!” I announced as we approached the convenience store.

“Appa, this is just a snack store!” Hyein pointed out.

“But it has one of Mommy’s secret favorite things.” I whispered to her, and her smile grew with excitement.

“What?” She asked.

“You can’t tell her I told you this, alright! It’ll be our secret!” I joked.

“I won’t I won’t!” Hyein replied.

“Mommy really likes magazines.” I said. And it was totally true. No matter how many times she fervently denied looking through tabloids and trashy celebrity gossip magazines, I knew what was up. They were her number one guilty pleasure, and I relentlessly for it (as any good husband should).

“So,” I continued. “We’re going to go pick her out the best ones!”

“I’ll find the bestest magazines ever!” Hyein squealed as she dragged me into the convenience store and straight towards the magazine section.

“Which one’s the best?” I asked Hyein as she began to try to read the headlines.

“Super…Senior…Aaaannounciee Comeback!” Hyein stumbled through a music magazine headline.

“That’s a good one!” I replied as she grabbed it and handed it to me.

“Which boybands have the best hair? Who wooore it better?” Hyein read the next headline excitedly.

“Seeex tips! Find out what he wants-- ” Hyein read the next headline out loud and I couldn’t cover fast enough.

“OK I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH!” I announced a little too loudly as I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the rack as fast as humanly possible.

“But that last one sounded good, Daddy!” Hyein whined looking over her shoulder as I dragged her along.

“No, no, it sounded very bad.” I tried to sound convincing as I power walked over to the cashier to pay for the magazines I had grabbed.

“What are seeex tips?” Heyin asked, missprouncing the word but not enough to escape me from a nasty side-eye from the cashier.

“Oh, nothing important.” I hushed her as I heard the young cashier snort. I felt my face flush red as I paid him and hurried out of the store.

“That was fun Daddy!” Heyin giggled. “Where next?”

 

To: Kris Wu, Luhan, Kim Minseok, Kim Jongdae, Zhang Yixing, Huang Zitao, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Junmyeon, Oh Sehun, Do Kyungsoo

From: Kim Jongin

Hey guys, I need some help

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Byun Baekhyun

For the last time, Jongin, pants go on ONE leg at a time

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongin

What? No, Baek be serious I was getting to the actual question

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Zhang Yixing

Hey who all is in the group? Is it just us guys?

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongdae

Well, us guys and Baekhyun

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Byun Baekhyun

Shut up Jongdae, go your girlfriend’s face or something

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongdae

Hey Sora is not my girlfriend!!

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Minseok

Could’ve fooled me… you two are always together nowadays

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongdae

Whatevs, we aren’t putting a label on anything

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Byun Baekhyun

…”yet”

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongin

Guys as riveting as this conversation is I actually need your help

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Junmyeon

What is it, Jongin? Is everything alright?

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongin

Yea, it’s just Yisoo today was feeling especially ty so I’m trying to get her a fun movie to watch to distract her from everything

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Park Chanyeol

Dawwwwwww what a sweet husbandie

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongin

I know I am. Now can you help?

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Minseok

What type of movies does she like? When Yewon was pregnant all she wanted to do was watch historical documentaries… her and Jin would always gang up on me. At least know I have an extensive knowledge of the conquests of Genghis Khan

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongdae

Lollllll to

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongin

She really likes comedies and cute stuff like that

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Oh Sehun

You should watch that new movie!!! The Chinese one with the actor that looks EXACTLY like Luhan!!!

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Byun Baekhyun

Except way better looking

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongdae

And funnier and smarter

To: Kris Wu, Kim Junmyeon and 9 others

From: Luhan

Guys I’m right here

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongdae

What was that?

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Byun Baekhyun

Did someone say something?

To: Kris Wu, Luhan and 9 others

From: Kim Jongin

Thanks guys that’s a great idea she’ll love it!!

 

                “Hyein-ah!” I announced. “We need to go to the movie rental!”

                “This way Appa!” Hyein squealed as she grabbed my hand and dragged me down the street.

                “Woah there missy! Are you sure you know where you’re going?” I asked.

                “Of course!” She replied assertively, sticking her chin up a little higher. But two left turns and a side-step later, and I knew she had gotten herself lost.

                “Appa, where is the movie place?” She asked innocently.

                “I thought you knew where you were going?” I questioned teasingly.

                “I do! I just, forgot… a little…” She trailed off.

                “You’re really close!” I replied with a laugh. “Just one more block over!” I lead the way for a bit before we finally stopped in front of the movie rental store.

                “Here! I found it!” Hyein announced with pride before charging into the store. I laughed internally as I decided to let her keep this victory for herself.

                “Hello sir, are you looking for any movie in particular?”  A teenage looking boy asked as we walked into the store.

                “Actually, yes,” I replied. “Do you have that new Chinese movie with that really young looking actor in it? About the time traveling?”

                “Oh! You mean ‘Back to 19 and ¾’? We just got them in yesterday!” The employee responded as he led us to the rack.  “They’re right here. Anything else you’re looking for?”

                I examined the movie before grabbing one off the shelf.

                “Nope, just this is good!” I replied as we headed over to pay. Hyein was clinging onto my pant leg when my phone started buzzing in my pocket.

                “Appa!!” She squealed with an astounded look on her face. “You’re pants are vibrating!”

                “No, Hyein-ah.” I laughed. “My phone is, I think it’s from Mommy, why don’t you read it for me?”

                I handed her my phone and she opened Yisoo’s message.

                “Jonginahhhh,” She began but was interrupted by her own giggling, not used to saying my name. “I just woke up… come home quickly… also… don’t laugh… can you bring home some pickles? Pumpkin is telling me he wants pickles.”

                “Pickles…” I muttered to myself. I would never understand how the cravings of a pregnant woman worked.

                “Appa hurry!!” Hyein began to tug at my jeans as I finished getting change from the cashier. “You heard Mommy!! We need to get home now! Pumpkin wants pickles!” She kept tugging and began dragging my out of the store in a huff.

                “Hey hey there slow down!” I said, grabbing her hand and letting her drag me down the street. “We just need to make one more stop at the grocery store and then we can get back to Mommy.”

                “Ok!” Hyein jumped, I great idea popping into her head. “Can we get chicken?”

                “Of course!” I replied, seeing as I had been craving chicken ever since I woke up. “But we need to get some of Mommy’s favorite foods too.”

                “Chocolate?” Hyein guessed.

                I nodded. “Yup! And the pickles.”

                “Why does Mommy want pickles?” Hyein asked.

                “Because your little brother has been asking for them.” I replied, semi-honestly.

                “Mommy can talk to him??” Hyein asked, getting jealous. “I want to talk to him!”

                She pouted and I started to laugh.

                “You’ll be able to talk to him soon enough, Hyein-ah. Don’t worry.”

                “I can’t wait for him to get here.” She giggled. “I’m gonna dress him up, and play dolls with him, and we’re gonna dance together!”

                “You bet you are!” I agreed. I hadn’t told Yisoo, but I had already gotten him a pair of jazz slippers. She would kill me if she knew I bought them already, before he could even walk, but a dad can dream can’t he?

                We headed towards the grocery store and loaded up on snacks and goodies. We got fried chicken, pickles and chocolate everything.

                “Hyein-ah, do you think we got enough chocolate for Mommy?” I asked her as we waited in the check-out line.

                “Appa, you bought the mostest chocolate in the entire store!” She huffed, pointing to our basket filled with chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate bars, and hot chocolate.

                “I guess you’re right.” I . “Where’s your wallet, you’re buying this, right?”

              “WHAT?” My daughter freaked. “I don’t have money! I didn’t bring any! Appa, you were supposed to bring money! Oh no, how are we going to buy this?”

                The lady in front of us checking out heard her rant and laughed.

                “Honey,” She cooed. “I think your Dad is kidding with you.” She said sweetly.

                Hyein turned to me with a blazing look in her eyes.

                “Appa, that was not. Funny.” She pouted and turned her back towards me.

                The lady started laughing again. “I think you’re in trouble, Dad.” She joked.

                “I always am.” I laughed, shaking my head at my diva of a daughter. I made a mental note to have her spend less time with Baekha and Nabi, their diva-syndrome was definitely rubbing off on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

                I was lying on the living room sofa when I heard the door open and the puppies start barking and I knew my husband and daughter had gotten back from their morning adventure.

                “Bom-bom, Ddol-ee, get back!” I heard Hyein order the puppies as she dragged their bags into the kitchen. “Ummmaaaa! We’re homeee!”

                “You’re back!” I cheered for her as I tried to sit up and go to the kitchen to help them put their goodies away. It took 3 heaves, but I finally got off the couch.

                “You’re up!” Jongin said as I popped into the kitchen. He came over to give me a hug and plant a kiss on my forehead. He put a hand on my stomach, giving our son his little greeting.

                “How are you feeling? Is he being nice?” He asked, concerned.

                “Better than this morning. He’s been pretty quiet.” I replied as I sifted through their bags to see what they had brought home. “What’s all this?”

                “Presents!” Hyein popped into the kitchen, a puppy in her arms.

                “Hyein-ah what did we tell you about picking up Bom-bom? She doesn’t like it.” Jongin scolded but I playfully hit his arm.

                “It’s fine, Hyein. Jongin, Bom-bom’s fine, look she knows how to carry her better now that she’s older.” I cajoled.

                “I guess.” Jongin agreed as I reached for a bag on the counter. I peeked in and saw countless trashy magazines.

                “What is this??” I asked with surprise.

                “For you!” He replied with a silly grin.

                “I don’t like these, though!” I tried to lie.

                “Oh come on.” Jongin huffed. “You don’t need to lie around me, we’re married now, remember? Nothing’s embarrassing anymore.”

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said, hiding a grin as I reached for the magazines.

                “But I mean, since you bought them…” I continued, “We can’t just let them go to waste. I’ll read them, it’s only polite.”

                He scoffed at me as I reached for the next bag.

                “Oh!” I exclaimed when I saw the DVD inside. “I’ve been dying to see this!” I examined the cover of the DVD.

                “You weren’t kidding! This guy looks exactly like Luhan!” I announced, amazed.

                “Right??” Jongin agreed. “Except way better looking. We can watch it later tonight, if you want.”

                “Sounds awesome.” I agreed. “I’m starving, did you get food?”

                “Yes! Chicken and chocolate.” Jongin replied.

                “My favorites.” I said with a grin. “Hyein-ah, do you want to eat?”

                “Umma, I’m tired.” Hyein groaned as she rubbed her eyes.

                “Ahh, long day?” I asked and she sluggishly nodded.

                “Want to go take a nap?” Jongin suggested and she went over to him and put her arms up, asking to be picked up.

                “I’ll be right back,” He said to me as he picked her up. “Right after I put her down for a nap.”

                “Take your time.” I replied. “I’ll start.”

                I started plating chicken and chocolate cake and was about to eat when Jongin came back into the kitchen.

                “Long day?” I asked as he sat down next to me and dug into food.

                “Yea, she’s already passed out.” He chuckled. “It was fun though, I love spending time with her, just the two of us.”

                “You’re number one girl.” I joked and watched him fluster.

                “Well, let’s say that spot’s a tie.” He joked back. “I just feel like I need to spend as much time with her, just us, now before it all changes. I don’t want her to feel left out later.”

                “I don’t think that’ll be a problem.” I comforted him. “She’s so excited to be a sister, and you two will always have your special bond. She will always be your little girl.”

                “I know. She’s growing up so fast.” Jongin sighed. “She’s in school now and everything! I remember when she was just a little baby and I had no clue what I was doing with her and how worried I was she was going to turn out all screwed up because her Dad had no idea how to raise a child. And now look at her, she’s perfect.”

                “Well she had a great dad.” I smiled at him and he grinned back, grabbing my hand.

                “Oh by the way, I have a name.” I added nonchalantly.

                “That’s nice, wait- WHAT?” Jongin jumped, completely off guard.

                I nodded at him with wide eyes, trying my best to not burst out laughing at the bewildered look on his face.

                “A name, for our son. Remember? Our son? The little monster growing inside of me, crushing my internal organs?” I said.

                “Ok, graphic and unnecessary, but go on.” Jongin shot back with a smirk.

                “Well actually, Hyein picked it out - sort of.” I replied.

                “What do you mean? Wait no.” Jongin said with scared eyes. “We are NOT naming him Pumpkin!! Come on? “Hobak”? Do you want him to get teased for the rest of eternity??”

                “Not literally, Pumpkin!” I retorted. “How about this, Ho-in.” I let the words slide. After saying the name to myself about six hundred times after I had thought of it, it had started to glide off my tongue with ease. I liked that.

                “Hoin… Kim Ho In.” Jongin said each part of the name slowly and thoughtfully. “Hoin, finish your food. Hoin, brush your teeth. Hoin, no chicken until after you finish dance practice.”

                I snorted at that last one.

                “Kim Hoin.” Jongin said once more. “I love it.”

                “It goes well with Hyein too.” I added.

                “That it does.” Jongin agreed. “She’s going to love that we took her idea for the name.”

                “Now we just need to make sure she doesn’t just end up calling him Pumpkin all the time.” I giggled.

                “Hobakie!!” Jongin fake squealed, imitating his daughter. “Hey, that’s not bad for a nickname though.”

                “It it cute…” I said before smirking. “But not as great as yours, Mr. Kai Sparkle Pants.”

                “HEY HEY HEY!” Jongin fired back. “I don’t remember any part of that name starting with Mr. and ending with SPARKLE PANTS!!”

                “Ohh, maybe I’m remembering incorrectly.” I joked. “Are you saying you did NOT where sparkly pants?”

                “Well I-“

                “This is a very serious question, Mr. Kim. Anything you say can and will be used against you.”

                “Well I may have acquired one or two pairs of semi-sequined trousers… but they in no way ‘sparkled’ as you so lovingly put it. They just shined, vaguely- mutely, even- every so often when I moved in the sunlight.” Jongin stumbled through his response.

                “What happened to having nothing to be embarrassed about anymore?” I teased. “Because we’re married now?”

                “This is completely different!” Jongin scoffed as he stood up to put his cleaned plate in the sink. I got up and followed him. I put my arms around his back and gave him a hug.

                “It’s okay, Mr. Sparkle Pants.  I still love you!!” I giggled and he turned around to tickle my sides in revenge.

                “Hey hey hey stop!” I said through laughs. “I’m basically two people! You’ll hurt Pumpkin!!”

                “Pumpkin’s taking one for the team here.” Jongin said as he continued tickling me until he stopped with his arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

                After a moment, he whispered into my hair. “Kim Ho In. Yup, still like it.”

                “Good.” I laughed. “I can’t wait to meet him.”

                “Me too.”