Chap 13

The Single Daddies Club

 I was sitting in my last class of the day (trying not to doze off as my professor droned on about integrals) when I got a text from Sehun.

 

To: Do Yisoo

From: Oh Sehun

ARE YOU EXCITED!!?

 

To: Oh Sehun

From: Do Yisoo

For what?

 

To: Do Yisoo

From: Oh Sehun

Noona is so mean…

 

To: Oh Sehun

From: Do Yisoo

Hahahahaha. Sure, I’m excited.

 

To: Do Yisoo

From: Oh Sehun

I knew it! When will you be here?

 

To: Oh Sehun

From: Do Yisoo

I’m coming right after class. Give me 30 min.

 

I rolled my eyes at the younger boy’s childish antics. Every day since the last meeting, he had sent me a text asking if I was excited for the four hours we would spend together watching the kids. As excited as he had been at the idea of watching them all alone, he seemed even more excited at the idea of the two of us watching them together.

Such a kid. I laughed to myself. After class, I went to go pick up Jihye and Dahye from school and take them to the community center. They were thrilled to see me come pick them up because it meant they wouldn’t have to stay at the daycare held at school. They introduced me to all of their friends as their big sister and were eager to show me off to their teachers.

“Yisoo Unni is really smart!” Dahye announced.

“Yea! And she has the best clothes!” Jihye added. “She even said I could borrow her things!”

As I laughed at the cute child talk, Dahye’s teacher came over to talk to me.

“Ah, you must be Yisoo!” The woman said. “Dahye couldn’t stop talking about you all day, and how you were picking her up from school.”

“I can see.” I replied cheerily.

“It’s so great that they have grown so attached to you.” The teacher continued. “And it’s so nice to see Junmyeon’s moving on. I hope you two are very happy together.”

Not again!!!! I mentally cursed myself.

“Oh no, no.” I clarified. “I am not dating Junmyeon! We’re just friends.” It seemed as though I was having to make this clarification a lot lately. Every time I went out with one of the boys and their kids, people always seemed to assume I was one of their mother’s or girlfriend’s. As annoying as I thought it was in the beginning, I had to admit I was getting used to it and even thought it was kind of cute now.

“Oh my mistake!” The teacher said, sounding flustered. As she excused herself, I told Jihye and Dahye to gather their things so we could leave.

“Do you two want to get a snack?” I asked.

“Yes!” They both cheered back. “Can we get bubble tea?” Jihye asked.

“Sure!” I replied. “I’ll ask Sehun-shi if he wants anything too.” I told the girls as we left the school.

 

To: Oh Sehun

From: Do Yisoo

Want some bubble tea?

 

To: Do Yisoo

From: Oh Sehun

Is that even a question??! CHOCOLATE!

 

            I laughed at his response as the three of us walked to the bubble tea shop near the community center.

            “What are you laughing at, Unni?” Dahye asked, twirling one of her pigtails.

            “Your Sehun Oppa.” I said with a sigh.

            “Ohhhhhh!” Dahye giggled to herself.

            “What’s that for?” I questioned, faking an angry look on my face.

            “Nothing!” Dahye giggled again.

            “It’s not nothing!” Jihye jumped in. “Dahye thinks Sehun is your boyyyyfriend.” She emphasized that last word and I blushed.

            “Sehun is not my boyfriend!!!” I retorted.

            “I know that!” Jihye said. “Baekhyun is your boyfriend!”

            “Baekhyun is not my boyfriend either!” I explained, getting flustered as the two little girls just kept laughing at me.

            “Sure, Unni.” Jihye squealed with a knowing look on her face. I pinched her cheeks as we entered the shop. After ordering and paying for the drinks (Green tea for me, chocolate for Sehun, and strawberry for the girls), we headed over to the community center. I realized I hadn’t asked how many kids would be coming today and suddenly got worried. I just hoped it wouldn’t be too many.

            “We are here!” Jihye announced with a twirl as we entered the center.

            “Bubble tea!” Sehun said with a smile. “Oh, and Yisoo!”

            I rolled my eyes as he came over to grab his drink and took in busy the room. Nabi, Hyein and Sehee were all crawling around on the carpet by the toys while the twins were fighting over the video game controllers. With the addition of Jihye and Dahye, I began to worry that with just Sehun and I watching the kids, we were in over our heads.

            “Wow, there’s a lot of kids here.” I observed, trying to see if Sehun felt the same worry I did, but the boy didn’t catch on.

            “Oh, Yixing should be dropping Bing and Ace of later too. He was watching Ace while Kris had some parent teacher meeting with Kara, but he had to go back to work.”

            “So two more kids are coming too!?” I freaked out. I thought seven was a lot, but nine??!

            “Yes. Why are you so worried?” Sehun questioned. “It’s no problem! Especially since I have you here to help me.” He grinned again just as we heard a scream come from the other end of the room. I turned to see Daehyun (or was that Daehyuk? I still had trouble as long as one of them didn’t have a pair of pants on his head) rolling on the floor by the three baby girls, stomping on Nabi’s hair in the process.

            “Oh shoot!” Sehun yelled as we ran over to help the little girls.

            “Sehun, scold him!” I ordered as I picked up Nabi and tried to soothe her as she wailed for her dad.

            “Why me?” Sehun panicked.

            “Have you never reprimanded someone before?!” I asked, rubbing Nabi’s hair in an attempt to get her to stop crying.

            “Um, Daehyun!” Sehun yelled. “Stop playing too rough!”

            “Daehyuk started it!” The little boy complained.

            “No, you started it! He wouldn’t let me take to blue controller!” Daehyuk yelled back.

            “Um, Daehyun just give him the blue controller!” Sehun tried to reason.

            “No, it’s mine!”

            “Oh, ok.” Sehun said, looking defeated.

            “Sehun!” I yelled at the boy. “That’s it?”

            “What? He said it was his controller.”

            I sighed. “Daehyun, Daehyuk! Both of you are going to a time out.”

            “No!!!”

            “Why???” The boys complained.

            “Because both of you did something wrong! You hurt Nabi, so you both are in trouble.”

            “No fair!” Daehyuk complained.

            “Go.” I ordered. “Each of you sit in a different corner of the room for five minutes and then you can go back to playing.”

            “I don’t wanna!”

            “Sehun, make them go to the corners.” I ordered the boy, trying to get him to take some responsibility.

            “Daehyun, come here!” Sehun said firmly, taking the boy’s hand and dragging him to the left corner of the room and plopping him down in a stool. The little boy began to start fake crying, but I motioned for Sehun to just ignore it and bring Daehyuk to the other corner.

            Once they were both in their respected places, they were both crying and wailing like it was the end of the world.

            “Ugh!” Sehun yelled in frustration. “Can’t we just take them out of time out already? I can’t stand the crying!”

            “Do you have no backbone?” I lectured to boy. “This is the only way they will learn.”

            “Really? Because it feels like I am getting more punishment than they are.” He clamped his hands over his ears.

            “Stop complaining.” I rolled my eyes. “And you wanted to do this on your own.” I chuckled.

            “I could still do this on my own!” Sehun said. “And no one would be crying.”

            “Sure, because you would let them all do whatever they want.”

            “Yea, and everyone would be happy!”

            “It doesn’t always work out that way, Sehun.”

            “I think it could.”

            I sighed at the boy.

            “I appreciate your optimism, but I think you need a bit of a reality check.” I laughed and flicked his forehead.

            “Hey!” He yelled back, flicking my arm.

            “Ow! That hurt!” I complained and slapped his arm. He tried to dodge my attacks, but I kept hitting him as he ran around the room.

            “No fair! I can’t hit a girl!” Sehun yelled through his laughter.

            “Well too bad!” I smiled at him. “Come here and I’ll really—“

            “Umm, am I interrupting something?” A new voice appeared in the room. I turned to the door and saw Yixing standing in the doorway, Bing and Ace at his sides.           

            “Huh? Oh hi Yixing!” I said, straightening up.

            “Hi you two.” Yixing said, a shady look on his face. “I was just dropping off Bing and Ace, but you two can pretend I was never here.”

            “Oh calm down.” I sighed. “We weren’t doing anything you were thinking about, Yixing.”

            “Ok, good.” He said, but didn’t sound totally convinced.

            “I’ll be leaving now, I guess.” He said.

            “Bye, see you later!” I waved.

            “Good.” Sehun said a bit to harshly. “I mean, bye Hyung! Have fun at work!”

            Yixing scowled. “This kid…” He muttered as he left the room.

“Yah, why were you so mean?” I asked Sehun.

“I wasn’t being mean! He was interrupting…”

“Yah, interrupting what?”

“Our date!”

“Sehun!” I laughed. “This isn’t a date!!!”

“It kind of is!” He said back.

“Most dates don’t involved nine screaming kids.” I pointed out.

“But Daehyun and Daehyuk aren’t screaming anymore.” Sehun replied.

“I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before something happens.” I said, and as if on cue, Dahye began crying from the table she was drawing at.

“Dahye, what’s the matter!” I cried out, going over to see what was wrong with the little girl.

“Ace took all my crayons!” She pouted.

“Maybe he just wants to share?”

“But he always bites on them and they get all slobbery!” She cried again, pointing menacingly at the little boy. Ace was sitting on the ground with a pile of crayons at his feet, attempting to stuff five of them in his mouth at once.

I gasped as I tried to pry the coloring tools out of his mouth.

“I’m sorry, Dahye. Maybe you can use something else to color with?” I tried to reason with the little girl.

“Here Dahye!” Sehun called from the other side of the room. “There were some more crayons on the bookshelf!”

Dahye immediately perked up as Sehun brought the fresh box over to her.

“I think it’s time for their time out to be over.” I pointed out to Sehun.

“Do you want me to do it?” Sehun asked.

“All you have to do is give them a quick lecture about sharing and being careful around the little kids, then that’s it!” I said. “Think you can handle that?”

“Yes!” Sehun stated affirmitatively.

“Daehyun, Daehyuk! Come over here.” Sehun announced. Both little boys turned around in their stools in unison. The quickly stood up and walked over to where Sehun was standing,

“Now, have you two, um, reflected on your actions?” Sehun asked, but the boys didn’t seem to understand his question.

“I mean, uhh…” Sehun looked at me for an answer, but I just gave him a smile. He can do this on his own. I told myself.

“Do you know why you were in trouble?” He asked again.

“Because I hurt Nabi…” Daehyun mumbled.

“Yes!” Sehun exclaimed. “And um, what else? Daehyuk?”

“I didn’t share…” Daehyuk grumbled, staring at his feet.

“Right! Now, I want you two to hug and make up. Okay? It’s important to share with each other, got it?”

“Sorry, hyung.” Daehyun said.

“Sorry, Daehyun.” Daehyuk replied.

“Now hug!” Sehun ordered.

“Ew gross!” Daehyuk stuck out his tongue.

“Come on!” Sehun urged. “Before I make you!”

“Fine!” Daehyun stated, grabbing his brother’s shoulders and giving him a half-hearted embrace.

“Good! Now, just go apologize to Nabi and you two can go back to playing.” Sehun stated. I had Nabi in my lap as the boys came over to apologize.

“Sorry, Nabi.” They said in unison. The little girl just stared at them with blank eyes, so I improvised her response.

“She forgives you.” I said. “Now go play and be careful!”

“Ok!” The twins said as they happily ran over to play with some toy cars.

“Good job!” I praised Sehun as he sat down in a chair next to me.

“I did pretty good, didn’t I?” He reflected.

“They listened well to you. That’s good at least.” I said, giving him a reassuring smile.

“Unni!” Jihye called.

“Yea?” I asked.

“We want to play dress up!” She said back.

“Ok!” I agreed, happy to play a game with them. “What kind of dress up?”

“A princess wedding!” Dahye giggled.

I laughed, “Ok! But who is my prince?”

“Sehun Oppa!” Dahye replied and Sehun’s cheeks flushed red.

I went to go place Nabi with Hyein and Sehee on the carpet and called over to Sehun.

“You up for it? Prince Sehun?” I joked.

“Marrying you?” He scoffed. “I guess… if I have to... you know… Sure.”

I laughed at his response and he cheeks turned an even darker shade of red.

“Ohhhh! Mr. and Mrs. Oh’s royal wedding has begun!” Dahye sang. The two girls dragged us over to the dress up closet where there was a large hodge podge of random clothes. Most of the clothing was too small for either of us to fit in (not to mention it was mostly dresses) but after tirelessly searching, the girls had found what the decided were the perfect outfits.

“I can’t wear this!” Sehun hissed as he pulled on the hems to the purple skirt Jihye had forced him into.

“You look fine!” I whispered back as I readjusted the collar on the yellow polka dotted poncho he was wearing. “No one will see you except for us, do it for the girls!”

“Ugh,” Sehun grumbled. “I hope Sehee doesn’t go through this phase when she’s their age…”

“Knowing your luck, she will.” I replied. “And it will be worse.” Earning me a glare.

“The wedding is ready!!!” Jihye announced. She had set up the chairs so they were all turned and facing the window. They were separated down the middle to make an aisle and each seat was occupied by a stuffed animal. Bing and Ace were sitting in front of the chairs, both looking utterly confused while the twins were completely absorbed in some video game, oblivious to what was going on.

“Sehun Oppa!” Jihye ordered. “You have to stand here!” She pointed at the fake alter constructed by the window. “And Yisoo Unni! You have to stand at the other end and when the music starts playing, you walk down the aisle!”

“Alright!” I said, and encouraged Sehun to do the same.

“Ok, ok I’m coming.” He said as he trudged over to the alter. Dahye ran over to turn on the stereo and Big Bang’s Fantastic Baby began to blare from the speakers.

“Alright Unni, now you can walk down the aisle!” Jihye said and I laughed.

“This isn’t quite the song I imagined walking down the aisle to.” I chuckled.

“What do you mean?” Dahye asked. “It’s perfect!”

“Hey!” Daehyun suddenly announced. “I love this song!”

“Me too!” His brother agreed.

“Why don’t you two walk me down the aisle then?” I asked and they ran over to my side. Taking each boy’s hand in mine, we danced down the aisle of chairs.

Sehun doubled over laughing. “What are you doing!?” He asked as we shimmied over to the alter.

“Getting married!” I said. “What does it look like I’m doing?”

“Making a fool of yourself.” He pointed out.

“That’s not a nice thing to say to your bride!” Jihye scolded Sehun.

“Yea, be nice to your bride.” I agreed, giving Sehun a playful wink.

“Now, take her hands and exchange your vows!” Jihye instructed, standing between us at the alter.

“What vows?!” Sehun exclaimed. “I didn’t know we were getting married before twenty minutes ago!”

“Just say something!” I said.

“Ok. Do Yisoo, you are a dork.”

“Hey!”

“And sometimes I forget whether you’re the child here or the adult.”

I snorted. “Same to you.”

“But I guess if I had to marry you, it’d be alright.”

“How sweet.”

“I’m trying my best here.”

“Now kiss!” Dahye yelled from one of the seats.

“What??!” We both yelled in unison, just when the door to the room swung open and a very confused looking Jongdae walked in.

“Woah. Did I miss something here?” He joked after taking in the scene. “Why wasn’t I invited to your wedding?”

“Shut up, Hyung!” Sehun said, blushing again.

“Nice outfit, by the way.” Jongdae snickered.

“It’s not my fault all we have in this room are dresses!” Sehun defended, scooping up the ruffles on his skirt.

“I’m sorry,” Jongdae fake apologized. “You look very pretty.”

“Just take your kids and go!” Sehun yelled. “You aren’t invited to the wedding anyway.” He pouted.

“Alright alright, I won’t interrupt.” Jongdae laughed again. “Daehyuk, Daehyun! Get your coats on we’re leaving!”

“Appa!” They screamed in unison as they went to tackle their dad by the door. As they clung on to his legs and shirt, Jongdae laughed and tried to shake them off.

“Boys, boys!” He sputtered as they jumped on his back. “Jackets! Now! Don’t you want to get home? I’m making omurice for dinner, your favorite!” The boys jumped off their dad and went to retrieve their things.

“OMURICE!!!!” They screamed as they tried to put on their coats as fast as humanly possible.

“Now, where were we?” Sehun asked me.

“Kiss!” Dahye reminded.

“Kiss!?” Jongdae exclaimed. “Maybe I will crash the wedding, just to see this!”

“Yah, Jongdae!” I yelled. “We aren’t going to kiss!”

“But you have to, Unni!” Jihye pouted.

“Fine.” I said, grabbing Sehun’s face and planting a quick peck on his cheek. “Happy?”

“Yay!!” The girls cheered as Jongdae pretended to throw up.

“Ugh, I’m out.” Jongdae announced. “Have fun you guys, but not too much fun.” He gave us a greasy wink.

“Leave!” I yelled.

 “Alright, alright, have a happy marriage!” Jongdae waved as he and his sons left the room.

I turned to Sehun to see him frozen in a state of shock.

“Ugh, earth to Sehun!” I sighed, waving my hand in front of his face.

“What?” He said, coming back to life.

“We’re married, it’s over.” I replied.

“Oh, right.”

“Girls!” I said, changing the subject. “Your dad will come pick you up soon. Clean up!”

They happily agreed, and began to put things back in their place. Sehun and I changed out of our dresses, but Sehun still hadn’t said anything to me.

“What’s your problem?” I asked.

“Nothing!!!” He defended.

“Is this because I kissed you?” I asked.

“Of course not!”

“Did you liiiiike it?” I sing-songed to him.

“Absolutely not!” He scoffed.

“Sureeeee.” I said, not buying it.

We continued cleaning up in awkward silence. Well, it was at least awkward for him. I was thoroughly enjoying myself. I purposely bumped into him and brushed past his side just to make him go rigid and embarrassed. Soon, the other boys came to pick up their kids. Junmyeon came first, repeatedly thanked me for taking care of his daughters, then was on his way. Kris came next, then Yixing and Tao until it was only Jongin we were still waiting on.

“He better come soon.” Sehun pouted.

“Just be patient.” I soothed.

“But I’m hungry!’ Sehun said. “And I still have to cook!”

“Oh right!” I said, remembering tonight was the night Sehun was coming over to get his cooking lesson from Kyungsoo. “I can’t wait to eat your food!”

“Don’t get too excited…” He mumbled. “I’m not a very good cook.”

“That’s why you’re learning! Kyungsoo is a great teacher, I’m sure he will have you cooking delicious food in no time!”

“I hope so!” He said as Jongin entered the room.

“Hey, sorry I’m late.” He said.

“Where were you?” Sehun asked.

“Practicing.” He said. “I’ve started taking some dance classes again and lost track of time at the studio.”

“Are you hungry?” I asked.

“I am, actually, why?” Jongin asked.

“No! He’s not invited!” Sehun whined.

“Invited to what?” Jongin asked, confused.

“Sehun’s cooking dinner tonight.” I answered. “Do you want to come eat too?”

“Yea, sure!” Jongin said as he picked up his daughter.

“No!” Sehun complained. “He’s just going to insult my food and be a pest.”

“I will not!” Jongin replied. “I’ll just give you some honest feedback!”

“That’s not a free pass to be a jerk!”

“Well if you cook well, then I won’t have anything bad to say!”

“You’ll find something anyway, or you’ll try to in and do the cooking yourself!” Sehun muttered but I cut off their bickering before it got any worse.

“Guys, it will be fun!” I said. “Come on Jongin, let’s go.” I said, grabbing his arm.

“Ha!” He said to Sehun. “See, if Yisoo wants me to come, how can I refuse?”

“Whatever.” Sehun grumbled as he grabbed his coat and picked up Sehee. “I’m still the one married to her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Omurice = Basically, it's fried rice with an egg on top and ketchup. And it's totally delilcious. Thank you everyone for commenting and subscribing! And hopefully, we figure out what is happenning with Kris sometime soon. I really want him to stay with the group, but I know it's also selfish of me to think that because he deserves to be happy and live the life he wants. Whatever happens, I will continue to support them all 100%.