Chap 11

The Single Daddies Club

            My alarm clock woke me up from a very nice sleep that next Sunday morning. As I rolled back over and debated actually getting up, I remembered my conversation with the boys just as the meeting ended yesterday.

            “Bye Yisoo!” Jongin had said. “See you tomorrow!”

            “Bye, wait what?” I had asked.

            “At the dance class?” He said. “I just figured, since you’ve come to the other ones, I figured you’d be there again… to watch Ace and Hyein I thought…”

            And he was right, I had gone last week too, but I hadn’t realized this was going to become a regular thing. But when he looked at me with those sad, puppy dog eyes, and Kris had started to beg for me to come too, I couldn’t say no. Darn all those boys.

            After hitting snooze for the third time, I rolled off my mattress and onto the floor. Who knew hardwood was so comfortable? I was just about to shut my eyes again when the smell of something delicious being concocted in the kitchen arose me from my drowsy state. I sat upright, blanket over my head, and tilted my nose towards the direction of the smell.

            “Well it’s about time you got up.” My brother teased, seeing my dishelved head pop up from behind the sofa.

            “I’m making oatmeal, your favorite, so I suggest you get up quickly before I give it all to Kyungbin.” He threatened, making me jump up and run over to the stove where he was standing.

            “You wouldn’t dare.” I accused, poking my finger into his apron covered chest.

            “Watch me.” He said back with a playful grin.

            “I’ll be ready in ten!” I yelled, running out of the kitchen and into the bathroom to clean up and get changed. After putting on a fresh pair of jeans and a sweater and washing up, I ran back into the kitchen and demanded my food. When Kyungsoo put the hot bowl in front of me I began to eat, as he so lovingly put it, “like a wild dog”.

            “You should be happy I eat your food like this!” I mumbled through mouthfuls. “It means it tastes good!”

            “And I thank you for that,” He replied, spooning some into Kyungbin’s eager mouth. “But I would also appreciate it if you ate like a civilized human being.”

            “You don’t complain when Kyungbin eats like this.” I grumbled.

            “Because he’s two. You on the other hand, are a grown woman.”

            “Who appreciates a good meal.”

            Kyungsoo sighed. “I guess so. Just don’t eat like this when Sehun comes over for dinner later this week. I’d like to say he looks up to you and I would hate for that image to change.”

            Oh right, I remembered. Sehun was coming over later this week to have his first cooking lesson with Kyungsoo.

            “I won’t! Don’t worry.” I said placing a smile on my face as I wiped my mouth, having finished the entire contents of my bowl.

            “Ok. You should get going then, you don’t want to be late!” Kyungsoo said.

            “I won’t be, I bet you I’ll still get there before Chanyeol.” I replied.

            “Is he coming around to the dancing thing?”

            “I think so.” I stated. “But he still complains that the reason why he’s late is because he can’t find the right room, which I still call BS on.”

            “Knowing Chanyeol,” my brother began, “That may actually be true.”

            “Whatever,” I said, throwing Kyungsoo an eyeroll as I placed a kiss on top of Kyungbin’s head. “I’ll see you two later!”

-

 

            As I walked into the community center, I heard a sweet voice call out behind me.

            “Hold the door please!”

            I turned around to see Ms. Ju, the dance instructor hurrying into the building behind me. Even with her hair flying around her head and cheeks tinted pink from the chilly air, she still looked as graceful as she did when she was dancing. I held the door for her as she walked in.

            “Thank you!” She said. “Wait a minute, I know you! You’re going to my dance class, right? You always hang around with the fathers with sons!”

            “Oh, yeah.” I said as we walked together. “I’m Yisoo, I watch Kris’s son while he takes the class.”

            “Kris…” She said, tapping her finger on her chin. “Oh yes! I remember Kris now, interesting man, isn’t he?”

            I let out a laugh, “Yea, he is. They all are, actually.”

            She laughed back. “That is true. I’ve never had so many little boys in my class. Do you know why they all signed up?” She asked.

            “Oh, Junmyeon kind of made them.” I chuckled. “They are all a part of this ‘daddy-day-care’ esque club and it was his idea for them to do something together to bond and stuff.”

            “Really?” She looked surprised. “They all must be such good fathers for doing that for their kids. Especially since a few of them lack certain… talent. Or focus.” She laughed again.

            “Yea, I know who you mean.” I laughed with her, picturing Chanyeol, Kris and Luhan in my head. “Let me apologize on Luhan’s behalf for him being such a shameless flirt.”

            “Oh there’s no need.” She smiled. “It’s entertaining at least. My name is Miyeon, by the way.” She said as we arrived at the class’s door.

            “You don’t need to call me Ms. Ju,” she chuckled. “I don’t think I’m much older than you. I’m still a student at university.”

            “You are?”

            “Yes, I’m a dance major and I just do these classes for fun. I love teaching little kids.”

            “I see the way you work with them, you’re a great teacher.” I said.

            “Thank you! It means a lot to hear you say that. Many of the mother’s don’t care much for me, seeing how I work with their husbands, but you’re different. Tell me, which of the boys is your…?”

            “Oh, none of them!!” I exclaimed, catching her hint. “My brother is in their group, that’s how I know them all. Trust me, I don’t see any of them that way. Definitely not.” I shuddered to myself as Miyeon let out a laugh.

            “Oh, my mistake!” She said as we walked into the room. Everyone in the class appeared to me warming up (with the exception of Chanyeol, surprise surprise), as we walked in. I gave a quick goodbye to Miyeon as she went to go set up at the front as I made my way back to the sofas where I saw Kris sitting on the floor with Ace and Hyein.

Ace giggled as he saw me approach and immediately reached up, asking to be held.

            “Come here big boy!” I cooed as I swooped him into my arms, causing him to break out into a fit of giggles as I rocked him back and forth in my arms.

            “Chanyeol still not here yet?” I asked Kris, who was checking his phone.

            “Of course not.” He replied. I sighed as I glazed my eyes over the room. Junmyeon was helping Dahye stretch while Jihye and Kara practiced their plies in front of the mirror. Yixing was talking with Miyeon about some dance moves, and Bing was preoccupied with untying and retying the laces on his shoes. Luhan and Jaehan were in the front trying to jump into Yixing and Miyeon’s conversation, but the pair chose to ignore their antics. The last person my gaze fell upon was Jongin, who was busy stretching and running through a routine very seriously on the barre. I squeezed onto the sofa with Ace in my lap and Hyein at my side and tried not to notice the infatuated looks of awe the mothers were all placing on Jongin.

            “He’s so graceful.” I heard one whisper.

            “Look at his body!” Another swooned.

            Please, I rolled my eyes, like their husbands aren’t ten feet away from them too.

            When Jongin looked up from his practice and saw me on the couch, he immediately smiled and made his way over to say hello.

            “Hey Yisoo!” He grinned as he came over and picked up his daughter. “I’m so glad you can come and watch these two. I know Hyein loves to watch the dancing.”

            “Oh, you know. What else do I have to do these mornings?” I joked back and he laughed.

            “I know you’d rather be asleep.” Jongin said with a playful grin. “But don’t worry! This class will be really fun to watch, I promise.” He gave me a wink and tickled Hyein’s tummy. I swear I heard a mother next to me squeal as he plopped his daughter back on the coach and went to the front of the class.

            “Attention, everyone!” I heard Miyeon announce from the front of the room. “Class is about to begin, but before we do, I would like to tell you I have divided you up into two teams for the performance and have put the list on the door. Please go and check and them split yourselves up!”

            Most of the dad’s eagerly went over to check the list, but Kris and Chanyeol (who had arrived just a couple seconds ago) seemed very unenthusiastic. I chuckled to myself as Junmyeon practically had to drag them over to see what group they were put in. After they went and checked, Group A (the more experienced dancers) moved to the left of the room and Group B went to the right. I saw Kris, Chanyeol, Luhan and Junmyeon in Group B with a couple of the other new dads and daughters. However, I was surprised and happy to see Yixing and Bing had been placed in Group A.

            “Congrats, Xing!” Luhan patted the other boy on the back as he awkwardly took Bing’s hand and moved to the other group away from his friends. “Don’t worry about us, we all knew you’d be in the better group.”

            “I wish we were still all together…” Yixing said quietly.

            “Here’s an opportunity to make some new friends for Bing!” Luhan exclaimed. Suddenly, he turned to address the group dads in Group A. “Hey guys, Yixing and Bing here are kind of shy, so please be nice to them and talk to them and be their friends. They need some more friends, they are kind of sad and alone.”

            Yixing scowled at Luhan and slapped his arm. “Don’t say that! Sorry guys, he never knows when to shut his mouth.” Yixing apologized to the other dads, who all seemed to be understanding of Luhan’s antics by now.           

            Class began shortly after with Miyeon working with each group separately so they could each learn their routines. Jongin mostly helped with Group B to teach them the easier routine, much to Luhan, Kris, and Chanyeol’s displeasure.

            “Kris, it’s one two step turn jump kick turn!” Jongin said, exasperated. “Not kick jump step turn!”

            “Daddy watch me!” Kara said, performing the dance flawlessly.

            “C’mon Kris,” Jongin said. “If Kara can do it, you can. Look, even Chanyong’s almost got it!” He pointed to the little boy, who rather clumsily was jumping and kicking almost in rhythm.

            “Perfect Chanyong!” Chanyeol beamed, giving his son a thumbs up and high five.

            “Daddy do too!” Chanyong grinned, taking his dad’s hand and trying to lead him through the steps.

            “Uhh, yea Daddy can do it too!” Chanyeol said with a worried expression, tripping over his large feet as he tried not to step on Chanyong’s toes as they jumped and stepped and kicked.

            “Ms. Ju!” Luhan called the young teacher over. “Look at Jaehan! He’s got this entire routine almost memorized!” Jaehan was dancing pretty well, he had all the steps and even added his own flair, flipping his hair to the beat of the song. Miyeon went over to watch the two dance together.

            “Wow, he has learned very quickly, hasn’t he!” She beamed at her young student.

            “I’ve been working with him at home,” Luhan added. “I wanted him to learn fast so that he could impress his special teacher.” He gave her a sweet smile.

            Miyeon just nodded in thanks and moved on, clearly acknowledging his advances and trying to shoot them down as politely as possible. I rolled my eyes at the boy’s shamelessness and plopped Ace off my lap to hold Hyein. She was wide awake in my arms, eagerly watching her dad who was demonstrating Group A’s routine at the front of the room.

            “Daddy’s a great dancer, right?” I whispered to her.

            “Is that Jongin’s daughter?” The mother sitting next to me suddenly asked.

            “Yes.” I replied shortly.

            “It’s so nice of you to watch her even with your two kids here too.” She continued. “If you want me to hold her, I can!” She said again, eyeing Jongin. I was so distracted by her forwardness that I almost didn’t notice what she had said first. Almost.

            “It’s fine, I got her, wait what do you mean my two kids?” I asked.

            “The little boy sitting next to you! And you’re daughter, Kara was it?” She said before being interrupted by the mother next to her.

            “No, her son is the one front with the big ears!” The other woman said, adding to her friend’s confusion as well as mine.

            “Huh? He’s not my son either, I don’t-“ I began before I was cut off by yet another mother.

            “So is your husband the one constantly flirting with the teacher?” She said with a shocked look on her face. “I would talk to him about that, it’s so inconsiderate!”

            Speak for yourself I thought to myself before attempting to clear things up again.

            “No!” I nearly yelled, startling Ace and even earning myself some surprised looks from around the room. “No,” I said again is a quieter tone, “None of them are my husbands, boyfriends, children, anything! I’m just a friend.”

            “Oh.” They collectively sighed.

            “Sorry,” The mother next to me said. “Honest mistake, right?”

            “Sure, it’s fine.” I agreed, realizing arguing with them wouldn’t get me anything but a headache. The rest of the class passed in awkwardness as the other mother’s tried not to let me hear them gossip (about me).

            Great, now they all think I’m so weird kind of that goes after single fathers. Kyungsoo is going to pay for this, it’s so embarrassing! Maybe I should’ve said more to clear things up…

            “Another excellent class!” Miyeon’s perky voice broke me from my thoughts. “Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all next week!” She said, signaling the ending of the class.

            “Great job guys!” Junmyeon said as the boys gathered around me by the sofa. “Who knew this would be such a workout too?” He wiped a thin layer of sweat off of his forehead.

            “I- know.” Chanyeol panted as he fell to the floor. “I- don’t- know- how- I- can- make- it- through- more- classes.” He huffed and Luhan rolled his eyes.

            “Maybe this will take care of that pudge.” The older boy teased, earning him a menacing glare. “When are we seeing that leotard, by the way?”

            “I – haven’t- ordered- one- yet.” Chanyeol said as he gulped down some water. “I can’t find one in my size.”

            “You can always borrow one of mine.” Jongin said, making his way over.

            “How many do you have??” Kris asked, but Jongin ignored him.

            “I should have one that fits you, from my younger, pudgier days.” He continued. Chanyeol would’ve given him a slap, but the poor giant was too tired to even get up from off the floor.

            “Daddy, I’m hungry!” Chanyong whined.

            “Me too me too!” Jaehan added. “I want dukkbokkie!”

            “Oh that sounds so good!” Jihye said politely, making her way over with her dance bag over her shoulder and her younger sister’s hand in her’s. “Can we go Daddy?” She asked Junmyeon.

            “Of course, sweetie!” He said. “Post-dancing dukkbokkie, anyone?” He offered to the rest of the group. My growling stomach was my answer.

            “Count me in!” I said.

            “We will go too.” Luhan said, earning him a huge smile from Jaehan.

            “Same, once I regain feeling in my legs.” Chanyeol added, but the answer sparked a light in Chanyong’s eyes and he impatiently tried to drag his dad into an upright position.

            “Let’s go let’s go let’s go!!!!” The little boy yelled, enlisting the help of Jaehan into pushing and pulling his dad’s long limbs to get him to stand up.

            “Bing, you want some food?” Yixing asked his son, who nodded eagerly in reply.

            “Kris, Jongin, what about you?” I asked.

            “I’m in.” Jongin said, throwing on a jacket and bouncing Hyein in his arms.

            “Please, Daddy!” Kara pleaded, shaking her dad’s hand.

            “Alright, I guess we can go too.” He agreed. “But not for too long! I have work to do.”

            “Hey, here’s an idea.” Luhan said, a light growing in his eyes. “How about you ask Ms. Ju if she wants to come with us too?” He asked me. “I saw you two looking very buddy-buddy walking in before class. So, are you two close?”

            “I’m closer to her then you’ll ever be.” I responded. “And I think she has classes to go to.” I finished. It’s not that I didn’t want to talk to Miyeon more, it’s that I most certainly did not want Luhan to bother her more than he already was. That and maybe, just maybe, I was feeling a little possessive over my boys.

 Goodness, did I just call them my boys? Snap out of it Yisoo, you just must be very hungry and not thinking straight.

“Darn, you’re right.” Luhan pouted. “Oh well, I’l get closer to her than you think, Yisoo, just wait! Especially now since you two are friends, you can tell me all the things she likes!”

“Like I would tell you that!” I snorted.

“Oh come on.” He gave me puppy eyes. “At least tell me, what’s her first name? I want to call her something other than Ms. Ju, it’s too formal!”

“Her name is Juju.” I said.

“Come on.” Luhan whined.

“What?” I asked. “Her name is Ju Juju. Don’t make fun of someone’s name just because it’s different or unique, that’s not very polite.”

“Yisoo has a point.” Jongin added. “You don’t see us making fun of you even though your name mean’s like Morning Antelope or something…”

“DEER!” Luhan exploded. “MY NAME IS NOT FREAKING MORNING ANTELOPE YOU DIP-HEAD!”

“See,” Jongin continued. “This is why you don’t make fun of someone’s name, some people are so touchy.”

“Ugh. Can we just go eat now.” Luhan mumbled.

“Sounds good, Daybreak Moose.” Chanyeol said.

“Yea, let’s go, Sunrise Camel.” Kris added and Luhan face turned beet red.

“Come on!” I said, dragging a fuming Luhan out the door. “I’m starving, Dawn of the Llama.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hurray for a super long update! Though I should really be studying for exams... this was way more fun to do lol XD

Again, thank you everyone for subscribing and upvoting and commenting it's all so amazing I love being able to write for you guys and hearing your thoughts and everything ^.^ anybody please feel free to comment I love reading what you guys have to say tbh it makes my day!

And one more note... BUT OVERDOSE THOUGH. What's your favorite song out of the 5? For me it's Thunder... Kyungsoo's voice was MADE for this song ugh *squeals rolls around in feels* i swear this comeback will be the end of me... OTL