Epilogue: Part I

The Single Daddies Club

5 Years Later

                “Will you sit still, Yisoo! You’re getting married, not testifying in court!”

                “It’s natural for her to be nervous! I was for my first marriage too.”

                “Well I wasn’t! I couldn’t wait to get married!”

                “Ok, so none of us were as impatient as Miyeon to get married. But it’s not about us today anyway!” I looked over at Yewon and smiled at her. “It’s about Yisoo and Jongin, and the many ,many happy years they are about to spend together.”

                “Thanks, Yewon, that was really sweet.” I smiled at my friend before turning to Miyeon. “And thanks Miyeon, for trying to help calm me down.” I sighed and plopped hap hazardously onto a plushy couch in the sitting room.

                “It’s not that I’m nervous anyway,” I started. “I’m excited! And kind of terrified, and kind of sick, and dizzy and…” I trailed off as my breakfast started coming up my throat and my eyes went blurry. I bent towards the floor as my six bridesmaids all rushed over to see what was wrong.

                “Are you sure you’re feeling ok??” Hari asked.

                “Do you need a trash can? You can’t get puke on your dress!” Yoorin added.

                “Girls, just step away for a second!” Miyeon pushed them away from me. “Just let the poor girl breathe!”

                My stomach stopped flipping and my eyes went back into focus. I sat up straight and tried to take a couple deep breaths to clear my head.

You’re just nervous, that’s all. This is a big day. Really big. In an hour, you’re going to be married…

Holy you’re getting married. 

“I’m fine!” I perked up. “Really, I promise!” I tried to open my eyes wider and put the biggest smile possible onto my face. Most everyone seemed relatively convinced I was fine, except, of course, for my scowling maid of honor, and best friend, sitting next to me.

“Girls,” Miyeon started. “Why don’t you go check on the boys and make sure they are getting ready properly? The ceremony is going to start soon, and knowing them they probably aren’t even dressed yet.”

“I’ve been texting Kyungsoo.” Siyeong piped up. “They have been getting ready! He said: ‘Jongin is almost ready, tell Yisoo he looks very hand somersault’… but I think he meant handsome? He’s still not used to the autocorrect on his new phone.” Siyeong giggled to herself.

“Alright, well just go and make sure!” Miyeon ordered, ignoring the burst of laughter that filled the room after Siyeon’s statement. “Besides, as Maid of Honor I get the last few minutes with the bride alone.” She winked at the girls and they all smiled back before heading out.

“Next time we see you, You’ll be Mrs. Kim!” Yoorin giggled.

“Uh, now she sounds like my mother-in-law!” Jikyung laughed as the girls filed out of the room.

“Don’t listen to Jikyung.” Miyeon said to me after they all finally left. “You are nothing like Junmyeon’s mother, trust me!”

I laughed and smiled because I remembered Junmyeon’s mother’s face at his and Jikyung’s wedding just last year. Her scowl was as immovable as Junmyeon’s smile. It had taken him a while to let himself date again. The pain from losing his daughters’ mother nearly 6 years ago took a while to heal. I know he still missed her to bits, but meeting Jikyung had been one of the best things to happen to him. She was one of Miyeon’s dancer friend’s older sisters, a middle school English teacher. They went on one blind date (after Miyeon and I practically forced him to go) and well, the rest his history. That was about three years ago, and now their first year anniversary was coming up in October.

“I know I’m not Junmyeon’s mother.” I joked. “But… but I’m still about to become an entirely new person! My name, my entire life is about to change!!” I freaked. “What if I’m not ready for this?”

“Yisoo, do you know how ridiculous you sound? You two have been living together the past four years already, so that’s not changing. You guys have been in love since forever, so that’s not changing. You guys are inseparable as it is, so that’s not changing either. What on earth could you be so scared about?” Miyeon asked me, and truthfully, I had no answer.

It’s been about five and a half years since I first met Jongin. I still remember seeing him the first day of the meeting. He came late, hair tousled, Hyein perched on his hip and I gorgeous smile plastered on his face when he introduced himself to me. But since then, it seems as if so much in my life has changed. After I graduated from school, I finally moved out of my brother’s tiny apartment and moved in with Jongin after only dating him for about five months. I was worried we would be moving too fast, but it just felt natural, and I didn’t regret it once in the four years we have lived together. We started raising Hyein as our child, not just his, and nothing has made me happier. She’s five and a half now, just started kindergarten and is the pride and joy of my life. She has Jongin’s soft, dark eyes, tan complexion, killer smile, and best of all, she calls me Mom. We haven’t explained to her that I am not her birth mother because right now she’s too young to understand. But right now that doesn’t matter anyway.

Right now, all I know is that I’m about to marry her father, and for some reason it scares the living hell out of me.

“I don’t know what I’m scared of.” I answered honestly. “It just seems like maybe we are moving too fast, and what if I’m not ready? What if we’re not ready for this?”

“You’ve been ready for this ever since you met him.” Miyeon stated bluntly. “You’re not getting cold feet, are you? That can’t be it… Now tell me, what’s bothering you?”

If I was being completely honest with myself, there was something very big bothering me. I had found out a couple days ago, but had been in denial ever since. It couldn’t be happening.

“Earth to Yisoo?” Miyeon said, waving a hand in front of my face. I guess I had spaced out for longer than I had thought.

“Miyeon…” I started. “How did you know when you found out you were pregnant with Miling?” I gulped.

“Besides being a week late and peeing on the little stick?” Miyeon chuckled, not quite catching on. “I don’t know, I guess I just had this feeling. Like, my insides felt different, I just knew.”

I stared at her for a couple more seconds and counted down in my head as I saw her finally get it.

“Wait… you don’t think…?” Miyeon started slowly, as her eyes widened to an impossible size and she gasped. “OH. MY. GOD!!!!!”

“SUSH!!” I scream-whispered. “Look, I don’t know for certain, I’m pretty sure though, but I haven’t told anyone! Not even Jongin! And you cannot let anyone know!!!!!”

Meanwhile, my best friend was fanning her face as she smiled and laughed at me. “This is so exciting! So romantic! Oh, Yisoo, I’m so happy for you!!!”

I wish I could say the same. It wasn’t marrying Jongin that was terrifying me, it was what was going to happen next. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to be a mom. A real mom.

“Yea…” I said.

“What?” Miyeon asked, noticing my expression. “Are you not happy?”

“No! I am!” I said. “It’s just… I’ve always been “like” a mom. Never, you know, the real thing. What if I at it? What if it gets all my bad habits? What if it’s unhealthy? What if it never feels loved? What if I screw up?”

“Those worries are all completely normal.” Miyeon said, grabbing my hands to comfort me. “I went through the exact same thing with Miling, but look at her now! She’s got the best of Yixing and I, and she’s happy.”

I thought of Yixing and Miyeon’s three-year-old daughter. With Miyeon’s crazy smile and Yixing’s soft dimples, she was the bubbliest little kid I’d ever met, always babbling on in a crazy Mando-Korean made-up language. Not to mention she has the best big brother on the planet, Bing, who protected her as if his life depended on it.

“You’re right.” I agreed. “But it’s still scary. And to find out so close to the wedding, gosh this is not going to go over well with his family...”

“Don’t worry about that. At least not today. Today is all about you, and you should feel like a princess.” Miyeon stated affirmatively. “After today and the honeymoon, you can worry about all of this. And you can talk to me and Yewon and Yoorin and we will help, promise!”

“How do I tell Jongin though?” I asked.

“Tell him today!” Miyeon eyes lit up from her idea.

“TODAY??”

“It’s perfect!!” She squealed. “The perfect fairytale wedding, and the best surprise a groom could ask for!”

“Isn’t it too much?” I asked.

“Too much? Do you remember at all how Yoorin told Chanyeol about Chanjoon?” Miyeon reminded me and I laughed out loud.

“How could anyone forget that?” I snorted. Yoorin, Chanyeol’s girlfriend, had wanted to surprise him in a creative way when she found out she was expecting. She decided to try to bake him bread, and have it baking when he got back to the apartment one night. She thought it would be cute and funny to be able to say “I put a bun in your oven, because you put one in mine!”, and it would’ve been adorable. That is, if she hadn’t forgotten to pick up Chanyong from school, had to leave the house in a hurry without remembering the bread in the oven, and had to come back to a smoky kitchen, a burnt loaf of bread, and a very confused boyfriend.

“Well, at least he took it well.” Miyeon said. “And they were both so happy about it! And now look at Chanjoonie, he’s turning into a dashing little boy.” I thought to my friends’ two and a half year old son and smiled.

“I’m not saying you should bake Jongin a cake tonight to tell him,” Miyeon continued. “But you should tell him before the honeymoon. I think he would like to know as soon as possible.”

I knew she was right.

“Ok, I’ll tell him tonight. I promise.” I said and Miyeon grinned.

“Alright!” Miyeon said as she helped us both stand up. “Now, let’s get you married!”

------------------------------------

“Will you stop fidgeting?” Kyungsoo scolded.

“Hey, the guys just nervous, it’s only natural!”

“I wasn’t nervous at my wedding!”

“ Ok, so no one was excited to get married as Yixing was,” Minseok chimed in. “But to be fair Yixing proposed to Miyeon, what was it, three weeks after they started dating?”

“Hey, it was at least six!” Yixing whined.

“I’m pretty sure it was like, two.” Jongdae smirked as Yixing whacked his head. “Ok ok! Maybe two and a half!”

As Jongdae ran around the room trying to avoid Yixing’s attacks, Junmyeon decided to intervene.

“Guys, boys, stop it! Today isn’t about our silly little squaffles, it’s all about Jongin and Yisoo. And the long, happy life they are about to share together.” Junmyeon said with a smile as Baekhyun and Chanyeol pretended to throw up.

“Eugh, Junmyeon, could you lay off the cheese?” Baekhyun spit. “Not everyone can be as happy and sappy as you all the friggin’ time.”

“Easy, Baek!” Chanyeol fake-laughed, realizing his friend was only half joking. “Sorry, guys. He’s still bitter about,” his voice dropped, “you-know-who.”

“You know I can still hear you, right?”

“Look, Baekhyun,” Kris added. “What happened with Jia , I won’t take that away from you, but-“

“?? ??” Baekhyun fumed. “, is when Baekha drops her ice cream cone and screams until I get her a new one, but that took my heart for over two years, then ripped and pummeled and shredded it into a million tiny pieces! Then she took those pieces, and threw them into a fire made out of the flames in her soul and laughed as she watched them all burn to bits!!”

There was a moment of silence following Baekhyun’s rant, not because they boys were shocked, but because they had been hearing the same thing for the past month now and were surprised at how elaborate it got with each new telling.

“Ok,” Kris finally broke the silence, “So what happened when Jia – did whatever you just said shi did –, but that’s not what’s important today, Junmyeon’s right.”

Baekhyun sighed. “You’re right, you’re right. I’m just… still not completely over it.”

“Obviously…” Tao muttered to Sehun.

“But hey!” Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed, overhearing Tao’s comment. “I mean, marriage isn’t for everyone! Look at Yoorin and I! Five years together and still going strong! You don’t need marriage to prove you love someone!”

“Are you saying I shouldn’t get married??!” Jongin panicked.

“NO!!” Chanyeol corrected, immediately regretting his comments. “I just mean, it wasn’t for me, that doesn’t mean it isn’t for you, and Yisoo, I’m sure marriage is exactly what you two want!”

“What if it isn’t what she wants? What if I’ve made a huge mista-!” Jongin started, but was cut off by Junmyeon.

“Listen to me!” The older boy uncharacteristically raised his voice. “Look, marriage is intimidating. It was the first time for me, and trust me it wasn’t any easier the second time either. But if you know in your heart it’s what you want, then you just need to trust that feeling and go with it. And in the end, you’ll be happy.”

Jongin took a deep sigh and smiled. “Thanks, Hyung. I guess I’m just nervous. I wish I could see her…”

“I’m texting Siyeong right now!” Kyungsoo piped up. “She told me to tell you that Yisoo looks “like a thousand blooming fingers”… I think she meant flowers.” Kyuungsoo giggled to himself. “This autocorrect sure is tricky!”

“Ugh, I thought Jongin and Yisoo were gross in their honeymoon phase, but at least they grew out of it.” Jongdae whined. “You two, on the other hand, are still just as revolting as you were two years ago when you started dating.”

“Hey-!”

“Aww, Kyungsoo-yah,” Luhan joked. “Don’t let Jongdae’s bitterness get to you, you know we all love our Sooshi couple.”

“WE ARE NOT THE SUSHI COUPLE!!!” Kyungsoo screamed. “HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT??”

The boys burst out laughing. “You can stop telling us that when it stops being funny!” Luhan said as he gasped for air between laughs.

“Which will be never!” Jongdae added as he rolled around on the floor.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

“Guys, I hope you’re ready!” Yoorin’s voice floated through the wall. “We need to get in positions, pronto!”

Sehun swung the door open and the bridesmaids all waltzed in. Yoorin made her way over to Chanyeol, as the latter’s jaw literally dropped to the floor when she saw her in her dress. She giggled at his face and gave him a little twirl before sitting down on his lap and giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

Meanwhile, Jikyung had found her usual place at Junmyeon’s side and the two seemed to be deep in conversation about something. And knowing them, it was probably about whether the color of the walls was cream or vanilla, but they spoke about it with the most serious expressions one could muster.

Siyeong had pranced her way over to Kyungsoo, and the two were goofily twirling around as she showed off her dress . The smiles on their faces were the same as they were two years ago when they first met, dreamy and bright, as if nothing in the world could ever go wrong. It had taken a bright personality like Siyeong to finally bring Kyungsoo out of his shell, but once she did, there was never any going back.

“Where are Hari and Yewon?” Luhan asked, looking around for his wife and her best friend.

“Oh, they went to go check on Yena.” Yoorin said.

“Why?? Is she alright?” Minseok panicked, thinking of his baby daughter.

“Relax, Appa!” Yoorin joked lightly. “Yena is fine, Yewon just wanted to check in on Jin and make sure he is fine with watching her for the entire ceremony. Sorry, Jongin, but I’m going to warn you that Yewon will interrupt your entire ceremony if she thinks for a moment Yena isn’t ok.”

“And I will to.” Minseok affirmed, giving everyone in the room a good long stare. His baby girl was just four months old, and the eldest boy had turned his father mode on extreme intensity ever since she was born. Jongin, having been there just five years ago, couldn’t blame him.

“No, I get it Hyung.” Jongin said, giving the older, worried boy a reassuring smile.

“Well why did Hari have to go with her?” Luhan asked again, still annoyed that his wife had seemingly abandoned him to walk down the aisle alone.

“I think she just wanted to check in on Jaehan, Jiwoo and Hyunwoo and make sure they hadn’t blown anything up.” Siyeong said, referencing Luhan’s son and two stepkids.

 “And I’m assuming Miyeon is with Yisoo?” Yixing questioned.

“Giving her one final pep talk, I guess.” Siyeong sighed. “It’s all so romantic, I can’t wait!”

“You’re so lucky, Hyung.” Sehun added.

“Sehun, please don’t tell us you are still in love with Yisoo!” Baekhyun sighed. “It’s been like, five years! Get over it already!”

“No, not because of that!!” Sehun defended. “I just mean getting married, in general and stuff. Trust me, Eunbin and I are happy together, sure, but with her studying in China half the year… I just wish we could settle down already.”

Sehun had met Eunbin about a year ago, a friend of a friend who had been a couple years above him in high school. She had been exactly what he needed to grow up and she brought out the mature side of him (for the most part). But she was finishing her schooling abroad in Beijing and the two hadn’t seen each other in four months. All Sehun wanted her to do was move back to Korea and finally be with him and Sehee for real, but she was very career-driven and wasn’t looking to settle down yet.

“Hey man, there’s no rush. Trust me.” Luhan said, patting the younger boy in the back. “You’ll settle down when you’re both ready, but enjoy being young and free while you can! I love Hari, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes I just wish-“

“Just wish what, Sweetie?” Hari asked as she and Yewon appeared at the gaping door. Luhan turned to see his wife and his jaw nearly dropped.

“Um, I just, I was just saying – like- …” Luhan sputtered as the older girl sauntered over to him and sat on his lap.

“Just saying what? How much you love me?” Hari prodded, a teasing smirk on her face as she asked each question in a sickeningly sweet, innocent tone. Muffled giggles sprouted up throughout the room as Luhan tried to string a coherent sentence together.

Sehun hadn’t been the only one to mature over the past few years. Hari was Yewon, Minseok’s wife’s, best friend.  They were set up by the two of them after Yewon and Minseok had been dating for a few months. She was older, mature, successful, and recently divorced. Her husband had found some young, foolish girl and left his wife and two kids to practically fend for themselves, but Hari wasn’t someone to go down easy. Before she met Luhan, she had been working three jobs while simultaneously raising her two kids, Jiwoo and Hyunwoo, alone.

 When the two were first set up, I couldn’t see why on Earth Minseok thought they would be good together. Luhan was a womanizing machine, and Hari wasn’t one to take that kind of crap from anybody. Where she was mature and wise, he made fart jokes and let Jaehan eat cake for dinner. But, as the saying goes, opposites  definitely do attract. They got married four months after the first date. Luhan went from the single father of one son to the married dad of two sons and a daughter. His life flipped upside-down, and he couldn’t have been happier.

“That’s exactly what I was saying, sweetie.” Luhan cooed as he finally regained his composure, but Hari just threw her head back and laughed. Meanwhile, Minseok had practically sprinted over to Yewon’s side to make sure everything was ok with his little princess.

“How’s Yena? Is she alright? Are you sure Jin is ok with watching her? Maybe this was a bad idea.” Minseok sputtered but his wife just patted his hands and smiled.

“Relax, Appa. They are both fine. They are sitting right in the front row, if anything happens we could be there in five seconds to help.” Yewon said calmly and Minseok sighed.

“Am I overreacting?” Minseok said with a small chuckle.

“No,” Yewon said with a grin. “In fact, it’s cute. The worried, protective father look is very befitting of you.”

Just then, Miyeon appeared at the door with a serious expression on her face.

“Boys, it’s time. Places!” She announced. “Kyungsoo, go to Yisoo’s room and get ready to give her away. Bridemaids! Groomsmen! Get in positions!”

As Miyeon ordered everyone around like a drill sergeant, Kyungsoo gave Siyeong a quick kiss before heading over to his sister’s waiting room. As he navigated the halls, he thought back to himself and laughed. This is all because of me. Kyungsoo was the one who made his baby sister go to the meetings in the first place, nearly five years ago. He was the one who forced her to talk to everybody and make friends. In a weird way, this whole wedding was thanks to him. Funny, I never imagined myself a matchmaker.

But it wasn’t just Yisoo’s match that was pestering the boy’s mind as he arrived at his sister’s door, it was his own. It was his favorite Sushi couple (yes, he did like the nickname, Siyeong’s day-making smile, Kyungbin’s love of calling her Mama, and the little black box he had been carrying around in his pocket for the past six months.

------------------------------------

 “Is this the room of a miss Do Yisoo?” Kyungsoo announced with a little knock.

“Ugh, why do you sound so proper?” I fake whined as I went over to open the door and let him in. When I opened the door, the playful smile on his face dropped and his expression turned serious.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, suddenly worried. “Did I spill something on the dress?”

“No, it’s not that.”

“Then what is it? Come one, spit it out!”

“It’s just… you. My baby sister.” Kyungsoo murmured half to me, half to himself. His eyes looked me up and down, from the heels I could barely walk in to the little blue clips in my hair.

“I’ve never seen you like this before.” Kyungsoo continued. “You look so… grown up.”

“Aww.” I said, caught a bit off guard by his cheesiness. My brother and I knew how to be serious with each other and we knew how to joke around, but we never really knew how to be sentimental.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat quickly and grabbed my hands before leading me over to the sofa to sit down.

“What are you doing? Shouldn’t we be going now? I kinda have a schedule to make, getting married today.” I said but Kyungsoo shushed me.

“Look, Yisoo.” He began. “I know we aren’t ones to be all mushy, and sentimental and cheesy and stuff, but as your older brother it’s time I give you the talk.”

“Um, Kyungsoo? I had the talk like, fifteen years ago. The birds and the bees and the yadayada. I know all about that, trust me.” I joked.

“First, eww. I don’t want to know about that.” Kyungsoo made a face. “Second, not that talk. Just a serious talk. Adult to adult.”

“Ok,” I agreed. “No more jokes.”

“Alright. Yisoo, we have been pretty much the only important people in each other’s lives for the past twenty years. You’ve been my entire world for as long as I can remember, and the only other person I ever truly cared about until Kyungbin was born. I practically raised you, you’re my baby sister. I never saw you growing up, I always thought you would need me to protect you. To hold your hand when you’re scared, to cook you breakfast, to remind you to set your alarm clock at night. But I’ve realized we are both growing up. You don’t need me to do all that stuff for you anymore, not only can you take care of yourself, but you have an amazing man at our side to help you out when you need it. I never thought any man would ever be good enough for you. You were going to die alone if I had my way with it – don’t give me that look, I mean that out of love – anyway, because no guy was ever going to deserve you. Now I still don’t think any man is good enough for you, but Jongin comes pretty damn close. I can see the way you look at each other that your love is one of the real ones, one that is going to last forever. Anyway, I think what I’m trying to say is that when I walk you down the aisle and give you away tonight, I really mean it. I feel as if I’m giving away the most precious treasure I have, but I feel like we are both ready for this. This is the moment we both really, truly, grow up. You will always be my baby sister, that’s not going to change, but regardless of that things are changing. We aren’t the only important people in each other’s lives anymore. You have Jongin and Hyein, I have Kyungbin and Siyeong. We are both growing up, and as sad as I am to say that, I couldn’t be more proud. You’re the most amazing woman I know, and Jongin is the luckiest man alive getting to spend the rest of his life realizing that.”

“Kyungsoo…” I started, but was at a loss for words. “Thank you.” I smiled and gave him a hug.

“But you know,” I continued as I tried to hold back tears, “We may be growing up, but I’m still your baby sister. And you will still always be one of the most important people in my life, growing up doesn’t mean I love you any less.”

“I know, I know, but I just feel so sentimental all of a sudden!” Kyungsoo joked and forced out a laugh to hold back tears. “Gosh, I’m about to cry. You’re pretty much already crying. This was a bad idea, ugh, now we’re both blubbering fools and I ruined your make-up and…” He quickly stood up to go grab tissues, but as he stood something fell out of his pocket.

“, I’ll get that- no wait-“ He started, but I was already reaching for the little black box.

“It’s nothing I…”

“Do Kyungsoo.” I stated as a held the box carefully, as if it were a bomb about to explode. “Is this what I think it is?”

“Um, well, it’s not earrings so maybe I don’t know-“

“How long have you been holding onto this for??” I demanded.

“Not that long, 2 maybe 3…”

I gave him a look.

“5, maybe 6…”

I cocked one eyebrow.

“Months.”

“DO KYUNGSOO! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU HAVE BEEN PLANNING ON PROPOSING FOR HALF A YEAR AND DIDN’T THINK TO MENTION IT TO ME? YOU’RE BABY SISTER? THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN YOUR LIFE FOR 20 YEARS??”

“I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT TIME!”

“Kyungsoo! If you’ve waited this long, the right time is never going to come!”

“What?”

“What I mean is, the right time is now! Just ask her! Aww, I love Siyeong and not to mention I totally called this like a year ago, but stop waiting! Just ask!”

“Today??” Kyungsoo sputtered.

“Yes! Today!” I exclaimed.

“On your wedding???!”

“What better time than now?” I asked, getting excited.

“Isn’t that like, stealing your thunder or something?” Kyungsoo questioned.

“Is it?” I asked aloud. “I mean, if it makes you both happy, it’s not going to ruin my day. In fact, it will only make it better!”

“Wait, are you serious?” Kyungsoo nearly choked.

“Yes. Do Kyungsoo, promise me you will ask the girl of your dreams to marry you today. Promise me, our last promise before you give me away.”

Kyungsoo stared at me for a moment before giving his answer.

“Ok. Promise. Can I have the ring back?”

“Oh yea, here.” I said, handing it to him. “This is so exciting!” I giggled.

“I’m getting married, you’re getting engaged, Jongin’s going to find out about the ba-“

I stopped, but not soon enough before I realized what had just slipped.

“Wait. What is Jongin finding out about?” Kyungsoo asked, his face turning serious.

“What, did I say something? Funny I don’t recall…”

“Do. Yi. Soo. Were you about to say… baby?”

I grinned sheepishly and shrugged my shoulders.

“Surprise….?” I said slowly.

“Surprise? Surprise??” Kyungsoo repeated and I braced myself for the worst.

“Are you mad?” I asked.

Kyungsoo took in a deep breath and took his time letting it out again, as if piecing his words together as the air escaped his body.

“Here’s the thing. The brother in me is furious at the both of you for not being careful about this before you got married but…” He paused. “The father in me would be kind of a hypocrite if I got angry.”

Before I could stop myself, I let out a little chuckle and as I did, Kyungsoo cracked a small smile too.

“So, even though half of me wants to go rip Jongin’s balls off this very second, the other, more mature half of me is just going to remain calm… and be excited for the two of you.” He took my hands. “You’re going to make a great mom, Yisoo. I know it.”

I flung my arms around him and gave him a huge, bear hug.

“Thank you, Oppa.” I said, calling him the name I rarely ever used.

“No thanks necessary.” He grinned as he pulled away. “And now that you are sufficiently late, let’s go get you married!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Surprise!!!! An epilogue!!!! Tbh, I knew I wanted to write this as soon as I finished the story, but I just started university and I wanted to focus on studying. But now that it's break, I thought it was the perfect time to write it! It's turning out a lot longer than I initally planned (I'm thinking about 3 parts), but what the hey, I missed writing :P The rest will be out within the next couple weeks. Enjoy! And tell me what you think! Are you happy some of the guys have found love? What about the new kids? Comment and subscribe please! :)