Drabble 1

The Single Daddies Club

 

“Number 7 for the Wolves steals the ball - she’s dribbling down the field - OH! - number 26 from the Warriors tries to go for the steal, but is tripped up as number 7 travels farther and farther down towards the goal!”

 

    “Yes yes yes that’s it!! That’s my girl keep going!!!”

 

    She’s heading for the goal - oH WATCH OUT! - Ohh!! She fakes past two defenders -- this is it -- to take the lead - and the win!”

 

    “GO GO GO YOU’RE ALMOST THERE!! GO GO!! THAT’S IT KEEP GOING!!!”

 

    “Appa, calm down!”

 

    “Number 7 is closing in, where are the rest of the Warriors? They can’t seem to keep up with her speed! The net’s all her’s - the goalie is sizing her up and here she goes! Fake left - step right - she shoots --!!”

 

    “YOU GOT THIS JIWOO!!!!! SHOOT IT!!!”

 

    “She sco-- WOAH OUCH! That has GOT to hurt!”

 

    The crowd watched in horror as out of nowhere, number 99 for the Warriors body slamed Jiwoo to the ground.

 

    “WHAT THE HELL!!” Her father, Luhan, screamed from the sidelines. “FOUL! REF, THAT’S TOTALLY A FOUL!”

 

    Time is stopped on the clock as a winded Jiwoo attempts to stand up. Three of her teammates rush to her sides, but she shoos them away as the ref goes to have a chat with the walking boulder (number 99).

 

    “This is total bull!” Luhan cursed.

 

    “Appa, language!” His micro-copy scolded him from the seat next to him in the stands.

 

    “I know I know Jae, but didn’t you see that? That was totally illegal! You can’t just run into the other player! Why isn’t the ref calling anything? I’m going down there to give him a piece of my mind--” Luhan screamed.

 

    “Appa, don’t do this!”


 

    “You’re gonna get us thrown out again!”

 

    Luhan’s two sons shout at their Dad, but Luhan ignored them, steam literally puffing out of his ears as his face turned fluorescent red.

 

    “It’s okay, boys.” Luhan’s stoic faced best friend said. “If your Dad gets thrown out again, you can just pretend to be my kids again like last time.”

 

    “Thanks, Hyung.” The two boys reply before lowering their heads in shame, fully aware of what is about to happen next. The little girl sitting between them starts to pat their heads, trying her best to console them.

 

    “Ref, ref!” Their hot-headed father calls as he makes his way down the stands and towards the field.

 

    “Ref! Come here!” Luhan yells from the sideline. Jiwoo, who has managed to stand up and walk over to the Wolves’ side of the field, sees her father approaching and immediately goes to his side.

 

    “Appa, what are you doing?” She frets. “You’re going to get kicked out again! Just let it be!”

 

    “I can’t do that, Jiwoo! The girl totally checked you, it was so out of line! That’s dirty playing right there, you were about to score!!” Luhan hushed his daughter and made his way out to the field.

 

    “Sir, you’re going to need to go back to the stands.” The ref says as he sees the fuming man approach him.

 

    “I will when I see that girl thrown out of the game and my daughter given a penalty shot! That check was  a dirty move, she should get kicked out of the league for playing like that!!”

 

    “Now sir, we--”

 

    “No no!” Luhan interrupted. “You thinks it’s fair?? That girl is nearly twice as big as my daughter, but that doesn’t mean she should be allowed to flatten her like a pancake!”

 

    “Sir, we understand-”

 

    “No, see I don’t think you do!” Luhan continued. “My daughter is one of the best players in this entire league, so it’s no wonder other teams try to go for low fouls to make her miss, but it’s not fair, and she deserves to have referees that make the calls that punish those kinds of actions!!”

 

    “Sir--!”

 

    “AND ANOTHER THING--”

 

    “SIR!!” The ref screamed in the man’s face. “I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW, THAT I WAS JUST SPEAKING WITH THE PLAYER, AND SHE IS SITTING OUT FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. FURTHERMORE, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO CALL THE FOUL, AND GIVE NUMBER 7 A PENALTY KICK.”

 

    Luhan’s face turned about 6 shades less red as he heard the ref’s words. His grimace softened and turned to embarrassment as he felt hundreds of pairs of eyes watching him make a fool out of himself in the middle of the field.

 

    “I see.” He said quickly, regaining his composure. “Well, um, good work then. I’ll see to it that I find my way back to my uh seat and the game can continue. Yes, carry on. Thank you.”

 

    Luhan turned around and scurried off the field.

 

    “Hey!” The ref calls him out once more. “I’m watching you, Lu. One more of your little outbursts and I’ll get you kicked out of games for the rest of the season. I’m serious.”

 

    Luhan pretended not to hear as he ran back into the stands and found his seat. His sons have sunk off the bench and onto the floor as if trying to melt. They were hiding their heads between their legs, hoping no one would see them. As he sits back down, cheeks blazing, he hears his friend’s silent “tut-tut”.

 

    “Oh shut up.” Luhan scowls.

 

    “Oppa, didn’t Hari-Unni say that if you got in trouble one more time at a game she wouldn’t let you come anymore?” Sehee, his friends equally stoic faces daughter questioned knowingly.

 

    “Yes, “Oppa”,” Sehun added with a smirk. “Didn’t she? I believe her exact words were ‘I swear to God, Luhan, if you cause one more f-ing scene at Jiwoo’s soccer game I’m banning you from going to her games until you’re so old and decrepit, you can’t even see her playing anymore because your eyes are all wrinkled over.”

 

    “But but - the ref’s weren’t making any calls! And that was obviously a foul! What am I supposed to do, just let other players run over my daughter like a bulldozer and not say anything about it??” Luhan sputtered back.

 

    “But Appa,” Luhan’s younger son raised his head up from behind his legs. “They were just about to make the call before you went onto the field.”

 

    “Yea,” Jaehan added. “The ref wasn’t just standing around, he was pulling the other girl out of the game.”

 

    “Oppa, I think you have some anger-management issues you need to sort out.” Sehee concluded.

 

    “What are you, my shrink?” Luhan muttered under his breath as Sehun choked back a laugh.

 

    “I think Sehee raises an excellent point,” Sehun replied out loud, giving his daughter a little nod. “Hyung, I have the number of an excellent therapist that I think you would really benefit from the help of…”

 

    “Oh shut it. So what if I’m a little competitive?”

 

“A little?” Luhan hears one of his sons mutter as he hits Sehun over the side of the head  turned back to the game. The clock was set to 10 seconds  left in the game, and Jiwoo was standing in the middle of the field, preparing for her penalty shot.

 

“Hush hush! She’s about to kick!”

 

    Luhan clenched his seat as he eyes stared unblinking at his daughter. She grabbed the ball and put it down on the ground. Luhan held his breath as she took a few paces back and lined up her shot.

 

    “This is it. This is for allll the marbles. For the win. Number 7 for the Wolves lines up her shot. She takes a step up one, two she shoots--!”

 

    Time stood still for Luhan as he watched the ball sail through the air higher and higher, heading towards the upper right corner of the net. His knuckles turned white as the goalie jumped up an impossible height to try to catch the ball, and he jumped out of his seat as the ball soars and soars- right past the tips of her fingers and into the net.

 

    “SHE SCORES!!!!!!! NUMBER 7, LEE JIWOO FOR THE WOLVES HAS SCORED THE GAME WINNING GOAL!!!!!”

 

    “YESSSS!!!!” Luhan screams. Sehun and the kids are all up and out of their seats too, his sons momentarily forgetting their embarrassment to cheer on their big sister.

 

    “SHE WON!!! THEY WON!!!” Jaehan and Hyunwoo cheer. Sehee stands and politely claps as her Dad whoops and hollers.

 

    Luhan turns to his kids. “She did it!!! i knew she could do it!! That’s my girl!! They won!!” His expression changes momentarily as he sees the placid look on Sehee’s face.

 

    “Sehee, lighten up!! They won!!” Luhan says.

    

    “What do you mean?” She little girl turns to him and says, expression not changing. “I am happy, I’m thrilled.”

 

    Luhan turns to his friends who just gives him a shrug.

 

    “I know, I know.” Sehun sighs. “We’re working on it. Eunbin’s been trying to get her to express herself more so she doesn’t look like she’s perpetually plotting for murder or something.” He glanced over at his daughter, who though is clapping and standing, has a flat expression on her face as if she’s watching her twelfth hour of an infomercial instead of a soccer game.

 

    “She means well, really,” Sehun continued. “She’s really very happy right now, I can tell, she’s just, well, not great at expressing emotions.”

 

    The families head out of the bleachers and down to the field to congratulate Jiwoo and the team.

 

    “I get it, Sehun.” Luhan replied. “I’m sure it’s just a phase or something. She’ll grow out of it soon.”

 

    “I hope so,” Sehun mutters as he watched his daughter take off down the field to tackle Jiwoo in a hug. “I six year old should not have a resting -face.”

 

    “Hey, like father like daughter, eh?” Luhan joked which earned him a menacing glare.

 

    “I do not have resting -face!!” Sehun retorted.

 

    “Of course you do!!” Luhan snorted back. “Ask anyone!”

 

    Sehun whipped out his phone as Luhan went over to give his daughter a giant, congratulatory bear hug.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

Guys, do I have resting face?

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

Also, who the changed the group name again???

 

    “I’m so proud of you, Jiwoo-ya!!” Luhan said to his daughter, who he was simultaneously crushing in a hug.

 

    “Appa -- can’t -- breath --” Jiwoo muttered into his shirt as she laughed.

 

    “Ahh, sorry! I shouldn’t crush the soccer star, should I?” Luhan laughed back as he let go and Jiwoo shook around.

 

    “Appa, you smell awful now!!” Hyunwoo complained.

 

    “Oh really?” Luhan questioned, sniffing his shirt. “What, do you want some too??” He chased after the little boy who ran away shrieking.

 

    “Appa!! Stop!! No!” Hyunwoo screamed as his Dad attacked him in a hug, getting all of his sweat and smell on his son.

 

    Sehee giggled softly as her Dad checked his phone, waiting impatiently for a reply.

 

    “Did you like the game, Sehee?” Jiwoo turned to the younger girl.

 

    “Yes, it was quite exciting.” Sehee replied. “Especially at the end when you scored. That was great.”

 

    Jiwoo, who was accustomed to Sehee’s slightly stand-off-ish behavior, just smiled at the younger girl.

 

    “Thanks!” Jiwoo replied happily. “I love it when you come to the games!”

 

    “I do too.” Sehee replied. “It’s much more fun than getting dragged to Daehyun and Daehyuk’s taekwondo things.”

 

    “Hey hey what about me!!” Jaehan asked, butting into the conversation. “Don’t you like coming to my dance recitals??”

 

    “Ahh, I guess they’re alright.” Jiwoo little brother, who for the past few years had really gotten into dancing, begging his Dad to sign him up for more and more classes.

 

    Suddenly, Luhan burst out laughing as he looked at his phone.

 

    “What is it, Daddy??” Jiwoo asked.

 

    “Yea tell us!!” Hyunwoo and Jaehan joined in as Sehun turned pink and angry.

 

    “See, I told you!!” Luhan teased, ignoring the kids. (This was not a conversation they were going to hear).

 

    “I do not!!” Sehun whined, furiously typing into his phone.

 

From: Kim Jongdae

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

BAHAHAAHA OK WHO FINALLY TOLD YOU

 

From: Kim Jongdae

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

Also, it was me. Holla at yo boi

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

Ahhhh so the cat’s finally out of the bag, huh?

And Jongdae shut the up and change the name back

 

From: Zhang Yixing

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

So, Sehun, did u figure this out on your own or…?

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz” Group Chat (12)

 

It wasn’t me who told him I swear. Also, who’s coming over today??

 

From: Kim Jongdae

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Fine, better?

 

From: Kim Minseok

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

Jongdae, we said back to the original, not ‘make it ten thousand times worse’

 

From: Do Kyungsoo

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Currently turning the brightness down on my phone as low as it can possibly go so random passerbys cannot see it and judge me.

Also, me, Jongin. Siyeong wants to come too.

 

From: Kim Jongdae

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Oh come on guyss! Live a little! This is the only thing holding us down to our youth!!

 

From: Kris Wu

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Well if that’s not the most depressing thing someone’s said to me…

 

From: Park Chanyeol

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

I like the group name, Jongdae, mad props.

Oh and hey Kris! How’d the date go??

 

From: Kris Wu

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

I lied, that question is the most depressing thing someone has said to me.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Ouch… sorry buddy. Maybe next time?

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

DON’T DO IT WU! WOMEN ARE SATAN SPAWN

 

From: Kim Minseok

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

*give Baekhyun a cookie*

*takes a thirty steps away from him and hides behind a bush*

You ok there, buddy?

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

GUYS

BACK
TO
THE
QUESTION

 

From: Kim Junmyeon

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Sorry, Sehun, but yes. We’ve never told you this before but, your resting face does have a slight-- “-ish” undertone. We didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

 

From: Huang Zitao

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

You were bound to find out eventually.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

I can’t believe this. This is like when my parents told me Santa Claus doesn’t exist, except like a million times worse.

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Sorry, buddy. Also, THANKS for responding to my question, guys.

 

From: Zhang Yixing

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Hey, it could be worse! It’s really not that bad.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

But did I give to to Sehee???????????

 

From: Kim Jongdae

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Well….

 

From: Kim Junmyeon

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Kim Jongdae don’t you dare.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

I DID DIDN’T I

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

 

    Sehun dropped his phone and turned to his daughter, who was engaging in a perfectly amicable conversation with Jiwoo, and attacked her in a hug.

 

    “I’m so sorry, honey, this is all my fault.” He whimpered as he the back of her hair.

 

    “It’s… ok?” Sehee replied confused, hugging her father back (he really looked like he needed it).

 

    “Sehun, get up.” Luhan scolded. “It’s fine!”

 

    Sehun pulled away from his daughter but held onto her shoulders and looked her dead in the eye.

 

    “You listen to me, ok? Don’t listen to what anyone else says about you. You’re perfect, got that? You’re face is beautiful just the way it is, don’t forget that!” Sehun told his daughter.

 

    “Uhh, ok I will Daddy.” Sehee replied, still kind of confused but also accustomed to random little outbursts like these from her Dad. “You too!”

 

    Sehun placed a kiss on top of his daughter’s head before he stood up and regained his composure.

 

    “You guys are the worst kinds of people.” Sehun muttered darkly to Luhan, who was still laughing at his phone.

 

From: Luhan

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Nice going, guys. Sehun’s having a mental breakdown on the middle of the soccer field.

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA

 

From: Luhan

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

He keeps hugging Sehee and telling her how perfect and beautiful her face is

 

From: Huang Zitao

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

That poor, poor boy.

 

From: Kim Junmyeon

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Well, at least he’s giving her confidence in her outer appearance, that’s a great lesson to teach girls starting at a young age.

 

From: Kim Jongdae

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Thank you, Wikipedia.

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

GUYS!! Is Kyungsoo really the only person coming over today?? COME SEE MY CHILD HE’S PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL AND I NEED TO SHOW HIM OFF AND BRAG ABOUT HIM TO YOU JERKS SO GET YOUR BUTTS OVER TO MY HOUSE ASAP

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Guys he just rolled over

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Guys he’s discovering his toes

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

guYS HE’S SHAKING HIS FEET IN THE AIR I THINK HE’S TRYING TO DANCE IT’S HAPPENING

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Jongin CHILLL! Yeol and I will be over later DON’T WORRY

 

From: Kim Minseok

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Yewon and I can’t make it today, Yena has a doctor’s appt but we’ll come by soon don’t worry

 

From: Kris Wu

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Kara’s been begging me to see him, so we’ll come over this afternoon too

 

From: Kim Junmyeon

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

How’s the first couple days been with him at home?

 

From: Kim Jongin

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Awesome guys!! And Junmyeon: great!! Well, I’ve probably slept about 2 hours out of the past 50 but it’s fine it’s fine he’s perfect everything’s fine

 

From: Zhang Yixing

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Yikes. Jongin, get some sleep, ok? I think Miyeon’s on her way over or already there to help so please try to get some sleep too.

 

From: Luhan

To: “Da Boyz R In Da HIZ HOU$EE” Group Chat (12)

 

Sehun and I are coming over now, Jongin

 

    “Alrighty, guys!” Luhan asked the kids (and Sehun). “Are we ready to head out?”

 

    “Are we going to see Pumpkin?” Sehee asked, a smile ever so slightly forming on her face.

 

    “What?” Luhan questioned as he helped Jiwoo gather her things.

 

    “Oh, that’s Hyein’s nickname for the baby. Hoin, Hobak, you get it?” Sehun explained.

 

    “Ahhh, got it.” Luhan replied as they group head over to their car. “Alright, who’s ready to meet our little brother??” Luhan asked the kids, pumping them up. They all cheered in the car as Luhan started the engine and headed off to see the newest addition to their family.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    

Wow so I know I updated a bonus just a few days ago but yesterday I hit 500 subscribers and can I just say WOW. WOW WOW WOW THANK YOU. When I first wrote this I never dreamed that so many of you would read my stories and actually like them that I'm just so happy and thankful to all of you guys. Seriously. You da bomb diggity.

Ahh anyways I hope you like this quick little thing (is this a drabble? idek) bc Luhan would TOTALLY be THAT dad at sporting games and Sehun would totally be one to randomly just look at his kid and tell them how perfect they are bc he's paranoid they don't know it or something haha

Also sorry if the formatting is weird. Also, if anyone has a scenario or something they would like me to write just ask! I have ideas but am totally open to suggestions too ^.^