Baekdu

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

‘’I think Jiyong hyung got really mad at us. I saw him today in the school hallway and when he spotted me, he eyed me from head to toe, threw me a glowering look and then he just turned around a-and…walked away” Daesung said as him and his two hyungs were walking out the school gate.

“Did he flip his hair?” the oldest of them all - but unfortunately not the wisest - butted in.

“Whaaaat?”

“Or when he walked away, did he walk as he was on America’s Next Top Model?”

“What the . . . ?”

“Seunghyun leave poor boy alone. He is just worried about Jiyong and the way he is acting. And Daesung-ah, I think you spent enough time with Jiyong to know that he is just exaggerating everything.’’

“Like the drama queen he is.” Seunghyun added in a not so subtle way.

“I just don’t like it when he is mad at us.”

“Daeeeesuuunngg ~ we didn’t do anything. This time at least”

“Well ~, we did make fun of him and his passion for Sandara Park, hyung” Youngbae intervened.

*cough* “Obsession”*cough* “But, look, if it’s bothering you so much, we can just go to his place and you can apologize to the queen for misbehaving.”

“HYUUUUNNG, I am serioooouuss.”

“Fine, fine. But you know that if we go there, he will just force us to join his lame party that I’m sure he has thrown for his “anniversary”, right?”

“Ugh…it’s not like you don’t enjoy them.” Youngbae huffed in annoyance.

“Yeaaah, you always dance Gee with him. Didn’t you also say it was your favorite dance?”

“LIES! ONLY LIES” Seunghyun shouted as he harshly grabbed the younger men’s wrists dragging them to Jiyong’s house.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Who was I kidding? I need them! I can’t party aloneee…”

It was dark outside now, and since he got home, Jiyong had been dancing around the house. ALONE. His sister, Dami left as soon as she saw him entering the house. She knew he was in his depressed mode, so she quickly made her escape. She wasn’t going to deal with a depressed Kwon Jiyong. No sir, she knew better than that.

Bored out of his mind, he slumped himself on the floor.

‘’They won’t be coming….why did I act like that? You stupid…” 

And miraculously, at that moment the doorbell rang. In a few seconds, he was at the door, fixing his clothes and of course not forgetting to put on his “ABOUT TIME YOU APOLOGIZED” face, but when he opened it there was nothing. But then, he felt a tug at his shirt and lowered his gaze.

“WHAT THE- “

It was a little girl. She had a downcast look and her hands were clasped at the back. He could tell she was nervous by the way she was kicking imaginary dirt with her foot.

“E-excuse me a-ajhussi, …b-but have you seen m-my kitty?”

“Y-Your what? I-I mean n-no. I haven’t seen anything.”

“A-are you sure? I know I saw Baekdu running towards your house. But, if y-you haven’t seen him….th-that means th-that…HE’S GOONEEEE!!!” And those were the last words she said, before starting to cry desperately.

“OH MYY GOOOD!!! WHAT DID I DOOO?! AAAHH - I JUST MADE A LITTLE GIRL CRY!! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOOOW?!?! AND WHY THE HELL ISN’T SHE STOPPING?! WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO?! OK OK, HOW DO YOU STOP KIDS FROM CRYING????? OOH OOH I KNOOWWW”

“H-hey t-there, don’t cry. Look, I am throwing a party right now – you wanna join me? You can be my special guest.”

And as if by magic, she suddenly stopped wailing. Even her tears were gone. Jiyong didn’t even have the chance to question that, as the girl had already run past him, into the house. By the time he got inside, she was already jumping on the couch and singing along to the music playing in the background.

“Maybe that was a bad idea. I should have just slammed the door in her face when she started crying. UGH!!! WAIT, WHERE DID SHE GOO?! NO, NO, NO!”

 

- HALF AN HOUR LATER –

 

I’m never doing this again. It’s freaking exhausting.”

It was only half an hour since Jiyong met the little girl and he was already worn out. The little demon – that’s how he was calling her now – had run around the whole house. Upstairs, downstairs, kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, everything was a mess now. Luckily, she was now seated on the couch, drinking juice.

But, just then the doorbell rang again. This time, before opening the door he looked through the window, in order to avoid any other unwelcomed visitors.

‘’Look who finally decided to show up and apologize. Took you longer than expected. “

 “Oh, shut up. I know you are happy to see us. Now, you finally have someone to lighten up your party.” Seunghyun stated slightly annoyed while walking into the house followed by Youngbae and Daesung.

“Hyung, I think someone else has already lightened up the mood.” Daesung pointed to the little figure on the couch.

Seunghyun turned his head in the pointed direction, his eyes widening at the sight. “Ji, what the ? Is this your idea of a party?”

“WHAT? NO!”

“I mean I know we made fun of you a little too much today, but I didn’t know that would make you turn into a e.”

“I’M NOT A E!”

“Then please explain why is there a little girl in your house at 8 o’clock in the evening?!” But, before Jiyong could answer the question, Seunghyun started firing off nonsense at him again.

“Look, I really don’t want to call the police and have one of my best friends arrested, but a little girl’s safety is at stake here, so I’m more than willing to do it. So, please tell me you were not going to molest that poor kid.”

“HYUUUUNNGGGG!!! I WASN’T GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO HER. SHE JUST LOST HER CAT AND I INVITED HER INSIDE TO CALM HER!”

“So, you haven’t turned into a e?’’

“Noooo…”

‘’THANK GOD”

“Uhmmm…guys, can you please stop yelling? You are going to wake her up.”

“What?” the two guys said in unison, turning to face Youngbae.

“She fell asleep, so stop yelling at each other like idiots.”

Jiyong and Seunghyun slowly approached the couch where the girl was now sleeping peacefully.

“Ok…Sooo, just what are we supposed to do now?” Jiyong asked quizzically.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Youngbae asked. But noticing the other 2 guys’ confused faces, he sighed and continued.

“We have to take her homeee. What else are we supposed to dooo?”

“I don’t knoooow…I’m not good with kids!”

“YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GOOD WITH KIDS TO KNOW THAT A LITTLE GIRL MUST BE TAKEN TO HER OWN HOUSE AT NIGHT!”

“Why the hell are you yelling? Just a minute ago you were telling us not to shout - You’re such a hypocrite.”

“UGHH! WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER? Let’s just…take her home.”

“Ok. Jiyong, where does she live?” Seunghyun asked.

“How am I supposed to know that?”

“Oh, I don’t know…maybe because she came to YOUR house?”

“Well, you said it yourself. SHE CAME to my house – which means there wasn’t any way for me to find out where she lives.’’

“Oh, really? HOW ABOUT ASKING HER?”

‘’OH MY GOD! Can’t you have a decent conversation for once? I swear, you’re like a married couple.” Youngbae remarked. ‘’Let’s just take her and search around the neighborhood. Her house can’t be too far.”

Seunghyun took the little girl in his arms and lifted her from the couch. But, when they were about to exit the house, they all stopped in their tracks simultaneously, as if realizing something at the same time.

“Guys, where is Daesung? Wasn’t he with you when you came?” Jiyong asked.

And as if on cue, a high-pitched shriek emerged from the downstairs bathroom. As soon as the noise was heard, the girl opened her eyes and jumped from Seunghyun arms. Quickly, the guys ran in the direction the sound came from - completely ignoring the kid - only to find the person they were looking for. Daesung was glued to the wall with a petrified look on his face, looking like a serial killer was there to get him. But, there was no killer, not even close.

“SAVE MEEEE!!! GEEETT ITTT OUUUUTT!!!!” Daesung was yelling desperately.

“Daesung calm dooowwwnn. It’s just a caaat!”

“AAANND I HATEE CAATTS. TAKEEE ITTT OUUUT!!!”

‘’Okaaayy, but caalmm down.” And with that Youngbae proceeded towards the cat, but to Daesung’s horror, it dashed towards him.

‘’AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH’’

‘’BAEKDU! You bad kitty! Why did you run away?” shouted the little girl while running towards the cat, which was in fact the lost pet. She picked it up and made her way out of the bathroom, not caring about the older men’s confused expressions.

But, Seunghyun and Jiyong who until now tried their hardest to contain themselves, couldn’t take it anymore and started laughing their heads off.

“HAAA HAA HAAAAHHAA, D-Daesung WHAT T-THE HELLL? HA HAHAAAAAHA HAAA”

Daesung mumbled something under his breath and left the room stomping his feet like a kid who just got grounded by his parents. Few moments later, the girl was waving good-bye to the boys, of course, not forgetting to thank ‘Jiyong Oppa’ for inviting her to his party.

“Ok, sooo, ‘Jiyong Oppa’, are we gonna party or what?” Seunghyun tried to copy the kid.

“No! I’m done with this. I’m going to sleep – the party is over.”

“Are you kicking us out?”

“Yes. See you tomorrow.” And with that, Jiyong turned around, leaving behind a dumfounded group of guys.

‘’This was the worst anniversary party ever – And all because of that little girl. I hope I’m never going to see her again.’’ he said to himself.