How To Plan a Failure

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

Daesung entered the school cafeteria as it was lunch time. He looked around the crowded room, filled with students happily eating and chatting, but he couldn’t find the strange guy from the day before anywhere. If you asked Daesung, the man was perfect for the role of maknae - also known as slave – so he had made finding him his next goal in life. Not going to give up so easily, he made his way through the tables, scanning each person’s face, hoping that the guy was hiding somewhere in the room.

But, the odds seemed to be in his favor, as he saw the person he was looking for, at a table in the far corner. He wasn’t alone, which kind of bothered Daesung, but he wasn’t going to let that stop him.

“Uhmm . . . excuse me.” Daesung cleared his throat, making the whole table turn to him with confused looks.

“Heeey . . . You are one of the guys from the yesterday’s audition.”

“Yes.” Daesung answered, the fact that he was recognized making him feel more confident.

“What do you want? Do you want to throw him out again?” a girl asked in a malicious tone.

“No, no . . . I just came here to tell you that I actually want you in the band.”

“Then why isn’t he in the band?” the same girl butted in again.

“Because Jiyong hyung doesn’t want him.”

“Jiyong hyung?” The man finally spoke for himself.

“He is the one that said he doesn’t like you.”

‘’Oh . . . I see. But, weren’t there like 2 other guys? What about them?”

“Oh, you mean Youngbae and Seunghyun hyung – they don’t really give a damn about this, especially Seunghyun hyung.” Daesung said, emphasizing the last words.

“Then why can’t I be in the band, if there is only one person against it?”

“Uhmmm . . . How can I say this? Jiyong hyung is a pretty difficult person, which means it’s awful to get on his bad side.”

“So, why are you here then?”

“I want to help you convince him to accept you.”

“Really? But, what if I don’t want to be in it anymore?”

“Well, I’m pretty sure that you want – I saw you stalking us yesterday after the auditions.” Daesung squinted his eyes, making them become just slits.

“Fineee . . . I admit.”

‘’By the way, I’m Daesung.”

“Seunghyun, but everyone calls me Seungri.”

‘’Ok, soo – Deal?” Daesung offered his hand.

‘’DEAL!” Seungri shook it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘’Who’s the one in the white T-shirt?” Seungri asked.

“That’s Youngbae hyung and Jiyong hyung is the one with the blue shirt.” Daesung clarified.

“So, that means that the one with the long-sleeved shirt is Seunghyun?”

“Yep.”

“Why is he wearing long sleeves, anyway? It’s like 100 degrees outside – shouldn’t he feel hot?”

“He doesn’t. At least, we think so – he never wears short sleeves or even 3/4 sleeves.”

“Why?”

‘’It’s a mystery we have yet to solve.”

Seungri and Daesung had been observing in silence the three guys for a while now. Daesung provided the younger with all the necessary information and even elaborated a plan. To say the least, he was very keen on having the younger guy join the band. And now, it was the time the big plan will finally be implemented.

“Ok, I’m going now. Remember the plan.” Daesung patted the man’s back like he was going to war and it was the last time they were going to see each other and then left for the three guys who were chatting in the hallway.

“Hey hyungs!” Daesung greeted them cheerfully.

“Oh, hey Daesung! Haven’t seen you all day – I thought you’re still mad at us for yesterday.” Youngbae waved.

‘’Oh thaaat – don’t worry hyung I’m over it. Do you really think I’m that immature?” The older boys raised a brow almost instantly and Seunghyun was more than ready to shoot one of his smart remarks, but the younger quickly realized his mistake.

“Don’t answer the question!”

“Anywaaaay . . . Daesung, what have you been up to, today? We didn’t see you at all.” Jiyong casually asked.

“Oh you knoooww, here and thereee – nothing special.”

“Uhmm . . . ok? Who were you with? Heard you sat with somebody else at lunch.”

“NO ONE!!! Daesung panicked. “I-I mean I was with some of m-my classmates? YES! MY CLASSMATES!”

“Daesung, are you okay?” Youngbae asked, being sincerely concerned with his dongsaeng’s behavior.

Around the corner, Seungri who had been listening to the ongoing discussion, was continuously hitting his head against the wall - He was trying his hardest to resist the urge to go and smack some sense into Daesung. Was he purposely doing this? Sabotaging HIS OWN plan?! Those were the most uninspired excuses he had ever heard! And why the hell was he nervous, even stuttering?! It wasn’t like his life depended on the outcome of the conversation!

‘’Why do I feel like someone is watching us?” Youngbae suddenly changed the subject.

“Oh no…please, please – don’t say what I think you’re going to say” Seungri pleaded.

“WATCHING US?! WHY WOULD SOMEONE BE WATCHING US?! HA HA HYUNG YOUR SO FUNNY!!” Daesung playfully – yet nervously – hit the older’s arm.

“THAT’S IT! THE PLAN!”

And with that Seungri got out of his hiding place, more than ready to handle the situation by himself and casually strutted his way to the group of men. Imagine Daesung’s face when he realized who was coming towards them – he tried to send him telepathic messages that it wasn’t his time to turn up yet, but to no avail, as the man had already got to them.

“Hello there everyone!” Seungri waved, his lips forming into a smirk.

“Do I know you?” Seunghyun uttered and almost instantly the smirk fell off the younger’s lips.

“Y-You don’t remember me?”

“I do!” Jiyong stepped forward. “You’re that cocky guy I kicked out at yesterday’s auditions.”

“Yes . . . I mean NO! I’m not cocky!” He crossed his arms over his chest.

“Whatever . . . what do you want?” Jiyong continued.

“I want to talk about your decision. Your decision to not accept me. I wasn’t even given the chance to show you my singing abilities.”

‘’You mean show off your singing abilities?”

‘’Well . . . yes.” Seungri almost whispered, averting his gaze from Jiyong’s and finding Daesung’s instead. The look in his eyes was a mixture of threat and fright and he was frantically throwing his arms in the air in all possible directions. The younger got the message: he had to leave, but he chose to ignore that. If he left, Daesung will continue with his stupid answers, so he had no choice, but to stay.

“Okay then.” Seungri turned to face Jiyong again. “Show me – I mean us your great singing skills. NOW.”

“You’re kidding, right?” Seungri widened his eyes in shock and disbelief.

“Do I look like a person who is joking?” Jiyong asked and indeed his expression showed no signs that he was holding back a laugh, a giggle or even a smile. He was downright serious.

“Fine, but beware: I won’t be responsible of what happens after you will be mesmerized by my angelic voice.”

‘’You have 5 seconds to start singing.” Jiyong stated clearly annoyed by the person standing in front of him.

“Wait . . . What?!”

“5 . . .”

“Wait a secooond!”

“4 . . .”

“Okay okay – I will start now!”

“3 . . . 2 . . . 1”

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6s5I4Wv_o  --- what Seungri sings, if you want to listen)

Seungri cleared his throat and soon his voice echoed throughout the empty hallway. His voice wasn’t powerful like Daesung’s or Youngbae’s, but soft and faint. Even if he wasn’t bellowing from the top of his lungs, you could feel the emotion in his voice. Everyone was staring wide-eyed at him and had their jaws hanging loosely, especially Jiyong, whose jaw was practically touching the floor. He sure wasn’t expecting that voice to come out of such a prick who was thinking so highly of himself.

Ending the song, Seungri turned to face the four men standing in front of him. He was expecting applause and cheers, but they never came – everybody was still astounded, not being able to even utter a word. Not dumb, the boy quickly caught on what was happening.

“Soooo . . . I take it as I’m in?” a smirk forming on his lips again.

“No.” Jiyong declared, him being the first to wake up from the ‘trance’.

“Excuse you?” Seungri asked incredulously.

“I still don’t like you.” 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, soo I know it's a little late for this, but THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING MY STORY AND EVEN SUBSCRIBING!!! I LOVE ALL OF YOUUU!

And since I'm here, I also want to thank my wonderful friend Ssigga for yet another AMAZING POSTERRR!!!