Jiyong To The Rescue

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

‘’I really hate Miss Lee.’’ Seunghyun grumpily declared.

‘’Why?”

‘’Well, I went to her class today, like the innocent man I am-‘’

‘’Yeah Yeah, we know. Just get to the point.’’ Youngbae interrupted.

Seunghyun shot Youngbae a glowering look, stupefied by the fact that someone dared to interrupt his monologue, but he continued anyway.

‘‘Ok so, this morning I went to her class and as soon as she spotted me she told me I haven’t participated in any extracurricular activity this year and that if I want to pass her class I need to get involved in a project or something. HOW DARE SHE? HOW CAN SHE SAY I HAVEN’T DONE ANYTHING?’’

‘’But Hyung, you really haven’t done anything else, other than coming to school.” Daesung stated matter of factly.

“Because I have better things to do.”

“Like what? Eating ice-cream?” Youngbae asked incredulously.

“Yes. Besides, there are a whole lot other students who are willing to help with projects and stuff and I don’t want to steal their chance to shine. See? I’m thinking about others.”

“Sure, hyung. Whatever. ”

“Youngbae, instead of being sarcastic and mean about this whole situation, you should help me.’’

‘’Fineee. Let’s wait for Jiyong and then we will decide on something together.”

“Oh yeah. Jiyong. Where is he anyway?”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘UGH! Who the hell dares to wake me up at this ungodly hoouuur?’ Jiyong said to himself while walking to the front door, being more than ready to punch someone in the face.

Yes. While everyone else was at school, Jiyong was still at home, in his bed, sleeping - well at least until now, because someone decided he slept too much, thus the ringing of the doorbell.

Not even bothering to check who it was through the window – like he promised himself he would always do after the incident from last night - he forcefully opened the door.

‘’WHAT DO YOU WANT? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!”

“It is 12:45 pm Oppa.”

“Oppa? What? NO NO NOO, NOT YOU AGAAAIN!!” Despair quickly became visible on the boy’s face as he realized who the visitor was. In front of him was the person he hoped to never see again. Exactly. Before him, was now standing grinning from ear to ear, the exact same little girl he met the night before.

‘’Well, I’m happy to see you too, Oppa.’’

‘’Stop calling me Oppa.’’

“I won’t. You are my Oppa. Anyways, I came here to –“

‘’I don’t care. Please leave.”

“No! Like I was saying, my name is Sung Yi and –“

‘’I don’t care. And I thought I already told you to leave, didn’t I?”

“Why are you being so rude to me? I-I didn’t do anything to you.” Seeing that she was once again on the verge of crying, he quickly retorted, hoping she won’t start wailing again.

‘’Because you woke me up. At this ungodly hour.” And it actually worked, because, all of a sudden she went back to normal.

“It’s almost 1:00 pm.”

“So what? Can’t a man enjoy his free time at the weekend?’’

“It’s Tuesday, Oppa. Shouldn’t you be at school or something?”

“Shouldn’t YOU be at school?”

‘’My teacher is sick, so I wanted to take the opportunity to see you.’’

‘’Okay, you saw me. Now, bye!’’ Jiyong said while closing the door, but unfortunately, Sung Yi was faster and got in before the door was completely closed.

“Oppa, now that I saw that you plan on skipping school, I can’t just leave. I have to make sure you go there.” She tried to sound as intimidating as she could.

“And just how are you going to do that?”

“I am going to force you.”

“HA HA! You can’t do anything to make me go to school.”

Little knew Jiyong, that he was going to regret those words, because as soon as they left his mouth, the girl disappeared from his field of vision, dashing upstairs. Of course, he wasn’t scared. What could she possibly do? Make a mess of his room? That wasn’t that bad, he could clean up after she left, but he most certainly didn’t expect the words that came from upstairs.

“OH MY GOOOOD!!! IS THIS 2NE1?”

That surely made him run to his room at a speed he was positive he could never reach. But, the sight before his eyes took his breath away. And not in the good way. The girl was holding a permanent marker which was getting closer and closer to the beautiful face of his beloved Sandara Park.

‘’DON’T YOU DAREEE!” Jiyong yelled sounding more scared than threatening. Seeing that Sung Yi was not listening and that the marker was almost touching the poster, he finally gave in and fell on his knees:

“OK OK, I’LL GO TOO SCHOOOOL!!! BUT LEAVE HER ALOOOONEEE!!!”

Satisfied with the answer, she put the cap on the marker and made her way to the door.

“I’ll wait for you downstairs. We will go together – I want to make sure that you really go to school.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘’Wow, Jiyong what’s with the long face? And where the hell have you been?” Youngbae asked slightly worried.

“Well, remember that little girl from last night? She came to my house, woke me up and forced me to come here.”

“Let me get this straight – A kid forced you to come to school?! How in the world did she do that?” Seunghyun questioned, his interest that only showed up once in 100 years, being visible on his face.

“She threatened to destroy one of my posters. WITH A MARKER!”

‘’I have to write this method down. Now I know how to make you buy me ice-cream.’’

“Seriously? Ugh…”

“Hyung, is your poster okay?”

“Fortunately, it is. Thank you Daesung! See? Someone actually cares about me AND MY POSSESIONS.” Hearing that, Youngbae and Seunghyun rolled their eyes so hard, they almost fell out of their sockets.

‘’Anyway, what happened while I wasn’t here?”

“Seunghyun hyung has a problem.’’

‘’Oh reaallly? And I guess you need my help?”

‘’GOD NO! I just need your opinion.” Seunghyun quickly clarified.

“Fine. What happened?”

‘’I need to participate in an extracurricular activity or something like that, so that I can pass Miss Lee’s class. And Youngbae here, said it would be best, if we waited for you.”

“So Ji, any ideas?” Youngbae asked.

“Well, of course I have some ideas. Ok, so, let’s think about the clubs first. What about the book club?”

“I don’t read. Besides, it’s boring.”

“Then I’ll join too.”

“You know you can’t read what you want there, right?”

“So what? I can handle that.”

‘’You won’t be allowed to read fan fictions.”

“Okay, forget the book club. You can join the swimming team, eh?”

“I don’t undress.”

“If you want, you can come with me to the dance club.” Youngbae spoke.

“I don’t dance.”

“Hyung! You can help me with the morning announcements.” Daesung cheerfully suggested.

“And why the hell would I do that?”

 

  • ONE HOUR LATER –

 

“Okay, so, you don’t dance, you don’t read, you don’t undress, you don’t cook…you d-don’t do anything.” Jiyong counted on his fingers.

 “I actually do something. I eat…and sleep. Heeeyy, I’ll just form my own club.”

“YOU CAN’T DO THAT.”

‘’Why not?”

“Because no one would join a club like that. And it won’t count if there isn’t anyone else in the club.”

“Then you can join it too.” 

‘’NO!’’ They all shouted at the same time.

“Hyuuung just choose something!” Youngbae said almost pleading.

“NO! They are all stupid.’’ And then silence engulfed the room. Everybody was thinking of anything that their hyung could do and that he – hopefully – won’t refuse.

“I KNOW! Since we are students at an arts college, we can just form a band and participate in that annual talents show, and then BAM hyung will pass! And, besides, by doing this we won’t end up in hyung’s situation when we will be seniors.”

“THAT’S A GREAT IDEA HYUNG! Daesung stated full of excitement.

“Yeah, that’s not such a bad idea Ji.” Youngbae agreed.

“Then hyung, what do you say?” They all turned to face the oldest with expectant looks, thinking that there wasn’t any way that he would disagree with this idea, but of course Seunghyun succeeded in proving them wrong.

“I don’t play instruments.” But, fortunately Jiyong wasn’t taken aback by his hyung refusal.

‘’We don’t need to play instruments. We can just use our voices.”

“Like a boyband?”

‘’YES! BOYBAND! THAT’S THE WORD!”

“I’m not joining a boyband.”

‘’YES YOU WILL! THAT’S THE LAST OFFER!

‘’Then I’ll just fail.”

“NO! NO! THAT’S IT! YOU WILL JOIN THE BAND! OTHERWISE I WILL POST ONLINE THAT VIDEO OF THE TIME WHEN YOU WERE DRUNK AND LET ME DRESS YOU UP AS SANDARA PARK AND MARRY YOUUU!”

‘’YOU WOULDN’T DARE!”

‘’TRY ME!”

That stupid video. Seunghyun knew he would regret for the rest of his life going to Jiyong’s birthday party last year. Everything was nice - well until he got drunk. The others weren’t in their right minds either, so dressing up their hyung as Sandara Park seemed to be lots of fun. And it was - even the wedding between him and Jiyong, but the next morning, everything seemed like a nightmare. And, of course, someone had to tape everything that happened – poor Daesung, he almost got beaten for that.

 “Fine. But, there is a problem – I don’t sing. I’m a drama major.” Seunghyun said hoping that that will save him.

‘’Yes, but you rap” And so, his plan failed miserably.