Like in those Mafia Movies

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

“Dara, I told you to not call me by my real name while we are on this mission!”

It’s actually such a pity that Seunghyun paid more attention to his lost desert than to the strange – or as he called them, crazy - women. As some would say, he wasted a once in a lifetime opportunity. Guys and hell, even girls would kill to have been in his place – not to mention Jiyong. Why, you ask? Well, let’s just say that not every day you get the chance to bump into, or more like get bumped into by a celebrity – and by none other than the one and only Park Bom. Sadly, Seunghyun didn’t even know what hit him . . . literally.

“I already told you I’m not calling you by your code name!” The smaller girl whined.

“Ok fine! Don’t call me Corn-Lover!” She threw her hands in the air dramatically. “It’s not like that guy actually found out who he really met on the streets of Seoul on this lovely day. . .”

“Bom . . .” Dara awkwardly cleared . ‘’ I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m pretty sure that man didn’t even recognize you. I would even go that far to say that he didn’t care about – “

“WAIT A SECOND!  She stretched out her hand, stopping the other from saying any other word. “Are you trying to say that a man, A MAN would not recognize ME?! PARK BOM, FABULOUS AND TALENTED SINGER, MEMBER OF 2NE1? Dara, pleaseeee . . . use your braainn . . . “

“Why are you yelling what your real identity is? And you said I gave you away . . .” ‘Thank god the place is deserted.’

And then silence crept in. They carefully entered the park, looking in all directions for any unwelcomed passerby. If at first they thought that the park was empty, they couldn’t have been any more wrong - not too far away, a male’s voice could be heard. And to the two girls’ terror, it was getting closer and closer.

“WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW?” Bom started panicking.

“Uhmm . . . I KNOW! I KNOW! Hide in the bushes! GO GO GO!” Dara hastily pushed her friend in the said place. “Don’t make any noise.” She whispered not taking her eyes of the man that now was right in front their hiding place. Bom slowly nodded and also directed her gaze towards the stranger.

“Okay Yoo Seok . . . Tell me what you found out.” The man spoke coolly into his phone, not even thinking about the possibility of someone hearing his conversation.

“It’s like in those Mafia movies.” Bom whispered, earning a glare from her friend.

“Yes . . . only Kwon Jiyong – I don’t care about the others.”

“Bom, I’m starting to feel you are right.” The stranger’s dead serious tone not helping.

“Okay – so his birthday’s in August and he has a sister? Something else? Like more useful – please?”

“I think we should get out of here.” Dara stated, her voice somewhat trembling.

“Are you crazy?! What if he sees us? What if he kills us? . . . I don’t know about you Dara, but I’m not risking my life.” The blonde opened to give back an answer, which unfortunately never came, as just then the guy’s words caught both of them off guard.

“2NE1? SANDARA PARK? I see . . . Well . . . this is something I can definitely work with. Awesome as always Yoo Seok! Knew I could count on you!”

At this point, the two singers went pale. They somehow managed to keep their composure throughout the discussion, but hearing their name, was something different. But, soon their fright got completely replaced by utter confusion. The only – few – seconds – ago creepy man, was now jumping around and the air like a little schoolgirl who just got accepted by her crush.

‘’What the hell . . .?”

“. . . Is happening?’’ Bom gladly completed her friend’s question.

“OHH YESSS! SEUNGRI YOU’RE GOING TO BE FINALLY ACCEPTED . . .” The man sang on his way out of the park.

“COME ON DARA! LET’S GET OUT OH HERE!” Bom said as she dragged the other out of their hiding place! “Let’s go back to the YG building!”

“WAIT! What are we going to tell CL? You know how she is.”

“The truth – that Minzy went out with some friends and we followed her to make sure that she won’t do anything stupid around that guy she has a crush on. NOW COME ON!”

 


 

“Can we go home now?” Seunghyun asked his friend who was hurriedly checking every existent place in the area. “You've looked everywhereee – even in a crack!”

“But . . .”

“Look nobody is here. I don’t know why you are looking for those crazy women, but I am not staying here any longer.”

Seunghyun swiftly turned around and left Jiyong’s side, clearly tired of watching the other boy’s ‘investigation’ for the last half an hour. Truthfully, as soon as he heard the name pronounced by his hyung, Jiyong wasted no time and asked him to take him to the place where everything happened. Needless to say, the young leader searched every single spot of the street – when he found it empty - hoping he would find something. Obviously, there was nothing.

Maybe I should really go home . . .” He whispered to himself as he dejectedly retreated towards his house.

 


 

“Hyuuunggg! Please . . . let’s take . . . a break . . . I’m . . . exhausted . . .” Daesung stated through heavy breaths.

“Huh? But we are far from done. We are not leaving until the routine is perfect. DO YOU HEAR ME?” Jiyong voiced out, tone raising with each word.

“Ji . . . we still have some time to rehearse. Let’s just end for today.”

“YOUNGBAEE! THE TALENT SHOW IS JUST A FEW DAYS AWAAY AND WE HAVE TO BE PERFEEECTT!”

“No, we don’t. Miss Lee didn’t say anything about winning when hyung told her about the contest, we just need participate – right?” Youngbae calmly explained and turned towards Seunghyun for the expecting answer, which came, but in the form of a snore.

Indeed, Seunghyun was laid on the floor – face down - , lost in his dreamland. Worn out, the oldest took the opportunity of Daesung asking for a break to finally lie down and get some much needed sleep. Truthfully, he was at that point when even a rock seemed to be a comfortable bed, so a floor filled entirely with only dust and sweat didn’t make much a difference.

Today, as soon as classes were over, Jiyong called over every single one of them in one of the school’s practice rooms to demonstrate his incredible routine, created for the very special occasion of them performing for the talent show - Jiyong thinking of the fact that it was Friday as a chance to practice more. As expected, the boy took his self-proclaimed leader position very seriously. He took full responsibility for writing and composing the song, but that didn’t stop him from accepting anyone’s help when offered, even Seunghyun adding his own rap in there. Even though he didn’t express it directly, everyone could tell that the oldest was actually quite enjoying being in the band.

However, casting a second eye over the out of breath people in the room and the sound of Seunghyun’s snoring reaching his ears, made Jiyong rethink his plan – maybe it really was time to take a break. Slowly, he retreated and slumped himself on the floor. He wasn’t going to lie – it felt good to finally sit down and relax.

The leader had just closed his eyes, feeling the sleep take him away, when suddenly the much familiar tune of his ringtone awakened him.

*RING RING*

Through half-closed eyes, he lazily looked around for his phone, which was lying right next to him, the words ‘1 incoming call’ lighting up his screen.

“Oh . . . it’s Dami . . .”

“JIYONGIEEE!” His sister’s voice blasted in his ears at full volume.

“What do you want?” He asked, clearly not being in the mood to deal with his sister’s cheerful side.

“Okaaayy . . . I can see that I didn’t choose the best time to call . . .”

“You most certainly got that right . . .”

“JIYONG! LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCE – HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR NOONA! Okaaay, sooo I’ll just cut to the chase. Can you please spend the night somewhere else?”

“What the hell?! WHYY?”

“I want to bring my boyfriend over and I’m pretty sure that you don’t want to be here when . . . you know. . . ”

“OK OK – I GOT IT! I WON’T COME HOME TONIGHT!”

“Yaaayy! Thanks Jiyongie! You’re the best!”

“Whatever . . .” He said as he hung up.

The boy closed his eyes, hoping that the sleep will take over once again, but that never happened - and he only had his sister to thank for that.

“Ugh . . . I hate you Dami . . .” He grumpily declared and reached out again for his cell, presuming that at least his phone will bring him some contentment. Opening his twitter, he took a deep breath preparing himself for the loads of news that he didn’t read for the last few days.

Boring . . . I don’t careee . . . What the -  . . .” He said to himself skimming through all the different tweets that he saw while scrolling, but just then one particular headline came to his attention.

“OH MY GOOOODDD! 2NE1 WILL HOLD A FANSIGN EVENT TOMORROW! WHYY DIDN’T I KNOWWW ABOUT THISSSS? Waaaaiiit . . . I didn’t check twitter or anything else for at least a week . . . YOU STUPID JIYONG!” He mentally face palmed himself. ”Okaayy . . . Let’s see where it will take place . . . NO NO NO! WHY ‘SEOUL TIMES SQUARE’ OF ALL PLACES? They will never let me in there agaainnn!”

And they had a reason for that. Last year, with the occasion of another fansign event, Jiyong was involved in a misunderstanding – as he was calling it. Like the devoted fanboy he was, he was calmly waiting in line when his eye caught a group of 3 or 4 kids who were trying to steal one of the life-size 2NE1 mannequins. Who in their right mind would think that a group of children could actually steal a mannequin? Apparently Jiyong, because he immediately dashed towards them, ready to stop them from doing anything, and to cut story short his lecture time ended with the mannequins falling on each other and everything that was around them, just like domino pieces – sadly, he was the only one who had to pay for the damage as his “little friends” had already vanished from the crime scene.

“I have to convince one of them to get their autographs for me.he firmly said to himself as he was carefully watching his three friends.

“Wait . . . Youngbae and Daesung said they have to work on some project tomorrow . . . so that leaves only Seunghyun hyung . . . You can do this Jiyong! HWAITING!”

He got up and cautiously made his way through the now only sleeping bodies. When he arrived to Seunghyun’s ‘spot’, he kneeled and started poking the peacefully sleeping man.

“Hyung! Hyuuung!”

“Leave me alone . . .”

“Please hyung . . . I need your help . . .” Jiyong pleadingly whispered.

“Hmmm . . . What? Just let me sleep” The older sleepily answered, not even bothering to open his eyes.

“Hyung can you come tomorrow with me to a fansign? Pleaseee?”

“NO . . . Let me sleep now.”

“Please . . . Please . . . Pleaseeeeee!” He desperately repeated, not planning on stopping until the other gave in.

“If I say yes, will you let me sleep in peace?”

“OF COURSE!”

“Fine then . . .” Seunghyun voiced out, rolling on his back, drifting back to his slumber.

YEEESSS! SO MUCH WIIINNN!Jiyong raised his hands in the air as a sign of victory.