I Am A Casino Game!

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

 

 

“Okay then. That was all for today. You can now leave without any restraint. The van is waiting for you.” One of the staffs approached the four singers as soon as the event was over, and politely gestured them towards the back door - which was leading them to the parking lot.

Bom, who until now had been comfortably sitting on her chair, resting her head on the table, dreaming about who knows what, had snapped back to reality hearing the last spoken words. She almost instantly stood up and without even uttering a word she forcefully yanked Dara off her chair and dragged her outside.

“What was that?” Minzy asked quizzically, looking interchangeably between the seats where her 2 unnies were sitting just few seconds ago and the door that was keeping the ladies away from any unwanted witnesses.

Even though she knew that the question was directed to no one in particular, CL didn’t really know what to answer. She was just as startled and confused as everyone else in the room. She wasn’t sure if Bom wanted to avoid her, because of the scolding that was going to come no matter what, or if she just did that because her idiotic part of the brain took over her . . . again. Well, if she thought about it, it was highly possible that take over part had already happened – judging from the unexpected occurrences that had just happened.

Nevertheless, she had to go and check on what was happening behind that door – it was part of her leader role.

“Thank you, everyone! Have a good day!” She bowed politely to the staffs before heading out the door, followed by the maknae.

With the least sound she could make, Chaerin pushed the door open and silently made her way towards the 2 singers who were right next to the van, hurriedly whispering between them, nudging one another from time to time. They were so absorbed in their conversation that they didn’t even notice when CL stepped right next to them.

“Park Bom . . . Sandara Park.” She called in a solemn deep voice, marking the end of the ongoing conversation.

The two unnies’ eyes widened in panic at the sound of a Lee Chaerin in full leader mode. That was never a good sign. Not for the two of them anyway. Dara gulped and in the slowest way possible she obediently turned to face her leader. Bom on the other way . . . made a run for it . . . or at least she tried to, because Minzy caught her wrist, by doing so, stopping any attempt at escaping. 

“MINZYYY! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? ON WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU?”

“On no one’s . . . I just want to know what happened . . .” The maknae calmly explained - while pulling the older woman to the place where the other Park sister was standing - her face showing no signs of regret whatsoever.

“THIS IS TREASON! GONG MINJI YOU WILL REGRET THIS! I WILL HIT YOU WHERE IT HURTS! DON’T THINK I WILL LET THIS SLIP!”

“Then I’d better start working on a force field . . . or a disguise . . . maybe you won’t be able to follow me around the city then.” She threw a glowering look towards her older friend.

“Ooohhh I get it nooow . . . You are still mad at me for thaaat . . . I’m sorry Minzy . . . but in my defense   . . . it was Dara’s idea!” She rapidly blurted out the so called truth.

“EXCUSE ME? WHO IS THE ONE WHO KIDNAPPED MY POOR TAM-TAM TO MAKE ME COME WITH HER?”

“EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! WHAT THE HELL?!” CL raised her voice, hoping to stop the havoc, as her patience was already coming to an end.

“Sorry Chaerin . . . it’s just that . . . this Corn-head is giving me a headache.” Dara whispered.

“HMPH! Corn-head? That’s all you got? You’d better go and hide behind Minzy’s force field when she’s done building it.”

“PARK BOM!”

“Sorry Leadah . . .” Bom directed her gaze downwards, the much needed silence finally creeping in.

CL placed her hands on her hips, the authoritative aura emanating from her every pore. She looked pissed and there was not even a person on Earth who didn’t know that when the strict leader was unleashed, not even a move was bound to be made.

“What am I going to do with you two?” She looked directly in their eyes, and Dara could swear she saw her soul.

“We are innocent . . . Especially me . . . So, stop looking like that at us, Chaerin.”

“Can you please tell me what you told that poor fan that he became so terrified and had to run away from you?” The leader questioned, her expression remaining stern.

“I just told him to be careful. Both me and Dara are afraid for him.” Bom replied and then leaned closer as if what she was about to say next was going to affect the whole world. “There’s some creepy guy after him.”

CL just snorted and ran her hands through her hair, throwing a side glance towards Minzy who had her head cocked to the side, jaw hanging loosely. There was a high chance that she was pondering whether it was better to leave the crazy unnies right then and there or staying to enjoy the show.

“Girls, please tell me the truth.” Chaerin demanded.

“THIS IS THE TRUTH!” Dara wailed. “Remember that day when we confessed to following Minzy?”

“Of course I remember. I was worried sick that day – You disappeared without a trace.”  

“Well, what we didn’t tell you is that we also bumped into some guy on the street . . . a pretty strange guy, I might add.”

“And what does he have to do with this?” Minzy intervened.  

 “THE GUY ON THE STREET WAS THE FAN! I recognized him as the one I bumped into. And on the same day . . . we heard BY CHANCE a conversation of some kind of Mafia boss and he said he is going to kill Kwon Jiyong.” Bom said as if the answer to the question was more than obvious.

“Well, he didn’t really say KILL . . .” Dara reluctantly corrected her friend.

“IT DOESN’T MATTER! WHAT IS IMPORTANT HERE IS THAT THE FAN WHO I HUGGED WAS KWON JIYONG! AND WHAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE IS THAT THE MAFIA GUY WAS ALSO HEREEEEE! I WAS SO TERRIFIEEEDD . . . I DIDN’T WANT TO GIVE HIM AN AUTOGRAAAPH! BUT I HAD TOOOO! I AM SURE HE WAS UNDECOVER! HE WAS FOLLOWING JIYONG . . . HIS TARGEEET!”

“Unnies . . . maybe we should go back to the headquarters so you could rest a little . . .”

“THAT’S A GREAT IDEA MINZY! COME ON!” Chaerin opened the van’s door and hastily pushed everyone inside.

But, unknown to the other 2 members, the private conversation Bom and Dara had before, involved a plan. A plan conceived by the Park Sisters themselves. A plan which was meant to help them with catching the ‘’Creepy Mafia man’’ red-handed and ultimately, saving his victim, Kwon Jiyong.

 

 


 

 

At Seoul Arts Academy, in one of the practice rooms, more precisely room 213 A, five men had been already practicing for a few hours straight the routine which was meant to be shown to a large public in just a few days at the Annual Talent Show. Indeed, the occupants of the room were none other than the 4 members of the group ‘Jiyong and the Boys’ along with their newest addition: Seungri – vocalist and as of now the official maknae.

“OKAY GUYS! FIVE MINUTE BREAK!” Jiyong clapped his hands to get the others’ attention.

“FINAAAALYYY!” Daesung and Seungri jumped in joy and practically threw themselves at the leader, sending all of them on the floor.

When Seungri got accepted for once and for all, Daesung was the first one to greet him. It may had seemed a little suspicious when he hugged the panda boy and started blabbering on and on about how he finally got himself a slave and the fact that the youngster managed to do it even without his magnificent plan and that he never doubted him – but, apparently everyone was willing to look past Daesung’s weirdness outburst. Not because they were kind enough to do so, but because Jiyong didn’t ‘want to waste any extra time that could be used for practicing instead’, after the introductions.

 

Every lost minute is another step taken towards the destination known as: FAILURE. I don’t  . . . I mean WE don’t want to get there!!!’ – Kwon Jiyong, Leader of “Jiyong and the Boys”

 

If someone burst in the room in the midst of their practicing, they would, without any doubt, say that Jiyong was the one in need of the passing mark. Well, they couldn’t be any more wrong. His dedication passed since a long time the mark of loyalty towards his friend, the time when he was supposed to be the helper– he was now fully determined to win the contest no matter what. Even if that meant tiring his bandmates until complete exhaustion or forcing them to skip lunch.

 

‘We will have plenty of time to sleep and eat after we win this’ – Some other wise words coming from Kwon Jiyong.

 

That may or may not be the reason to why even one simple 5 minute break seemed like a gift sent from the gods.

“GET OFF ME!” The squashed Jiyong demanded from under the 2 weights. ‘’I C-CAN’T . . . BREATHE . . .’’

Of course that Daesung, being the good friend he is - caring about his hyung’s health and comfort - rolled off the man and onto the floor right away, not forgetting to also push Seungri off the ‘suffering’ person. Lying lifelessly on the floor, the boy let the delightful feeling of all his muscles and bones stretching, to spread through his whole body, causing his eyelids to feel heavier and heavier with each passing minute.

Daesung slowly scattered his eyes throughout the room and found Youngbae and Seunghyun also slumped on the floor - which since day one of Jiyong’s dictatorship, had the honor to be called their best friend. It was always there when the practice was finished – always welcoming them to a peaceful nap. What else could they possibly ask for?

Undoubtedly, every single occupant of the room – aside from Jiyong - was yearning for an actual slumber, but there was no way in hell, Jiyong would grant any of them that one simple wish. As Daesung was somewhat fighting the impending sleep that was about to take over his whole body, Seungri opened his mouth letting the most unanticipated words flow out:

 “Soooo . . . hyung . . . How does it feel like to be a man hugged by Park Bom?”

The question was obviously directed towards Seunghyun, who at the sound of the woman’s name bolted up into a sitting position and started to frantically look in all possible directions – as if the said lady could be there in some way, her presence being the one that made the maknae ask such ridiculous question.

“Wooowww hyung . . .  meeting Park Bom has really affected you . . .” Jiyong teased his older friend, not even bothering to hide his mocking smirk.

“Oh yeaaah . . . You know how? He is a blackjaaaackkk noooww . . .” Seungri sing-songed, joining the teasing fest.

“I am a WHAT?!”

“Everybody, please calm down.” Daesung got up from his lying position to intervene, his sixth sense sending him signals that another fight was about to start. “It obviously was a joke . . . I am 100% sure there is no way that hyung can be a casino game – and all of you must already know that.’’

A second was all it took for the room to be filled with Jiyong and Seungri’s hysterical laughter. The two guys were having the time of their lives rolling on the floor with hands clutched over their stomachs, tears already forming in the corners of their eyes.

Daesung, on the other way was beyond confused:

“I don’t understand . . . Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny? AGAIN?” The boy asked everything in one breath, every new word sounding more desperate and troubled than the precedent. Seeing that the laughter wasn’t ceasing and no one was answering his questions, Daesung slumped his shoulders in defeat, but Youngbae’s hand suddenly patted his back.

“Daesung . . .” Youngbae began in a soothing voice. “Even I know this: Blackjacks are the fans of that group that these two like.” He pointed to the two guys who were still shaking from laughter.

While Daesung was calming down, being content with the answer he was offered, Seunghyun was feeling like a great insult was brought upon his name:

“So . . . are you two implying that I am a fan of that insane woman?” Seunghyun spoke in a raised tone, which was doing a very good job at showing off the indignation that he was experiencing.

The big hyung’s words, which could had practically intimidated a whole Olympic team, did only manage to put an end to the couple’s laughing time. Still, they were wearing amused smiles and Seunghyun swore they were practically begging to be punched in the face.

“Hyuuung, don’t be so grumpyyy . . . You’ll get wrinkles and then Park Bom won’t like you anymoreee.” Jiyong went on with the teasing, ignoring the glares that Seunghyun was throwing in his direction.

“Wait! You didn’t answer my question! How does it feel to be a man hugged by Park Bom?” Seungri repeated.

“Awful. That woman is crazy. Period.” The oldest stated as nonchalantly as possible as if he was doing an interview. “Who the hell hugs a person out of the blue like that? Definitely a CRAZY one.”

“If I were you, I would be jumping and squealing in happiness – I mean you got hugged by one of the most popular celebrities in Seoul. And I have to say, I am extremely jealous.” Jiyong said, his smile fading away.

Sadly, Seunghyun paid no attention to him.

“Maybe she was having a bad day or something . . . I mean she acted pretty strange towards me too. When she saw me, she almost jumped out of her seat . . . and I believe her hand was trembling while signing.” The youngest said, still thinking of the previous subject.

“SEE? OTHER PROOF THAT SHE IS CRAZY!” Seunghyun crossed his arms over his chest, completely ignoring the first part of Seungri’s statement. “And now I solved the mystery to why you are obsessed over them, Jiyong. They are crazy . . . just like you.” The man ended his sentence with a half-smile.

“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I AM NOT ING OBSESSED?”

“You can deny all you want Jiyong, but we all know the truth.”

“THE TRUTH IS –“

“Oh come onnn hyuuung . . .” The maknae cut him off, in hopes of succeeding in helping his fellow blackjack. “It CAN’T be thaaat baaaad . . . Right guys?” He fixed his black-circled eyes on the two silent witnesses.

“Uhmmm . . .” Both Youngbae and Daesung answered at the same time.

“REALLY GUYS? REALLY?” Jiyong snapped, not believing what was happening before his eyes.

“Sorry hyung . . . it’s just that you . . .”

“I WHAT?”

“FOR GOD’S SAKE JIYONG! YOU TELL EVERYONE SANDARA PARK IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND! AND YOU EVEN THROW ANNIVERSARY PARTIES!” Seunghyun remarked, the images of every year’s happenings being still fresh in his memory.

“Well, that may be right, but THAT STILL DOESN’T MAKE ME A BLOODY OBSESSED . . .”

“You are right about that, but the other hundred do . . . and I’m not going to even bother to enumerate them.”

“I remember one time he tried to send a letter of complaint to the management of the girls, because he wasn’t satisfied with the length of Dara’s part.” Daesung dreamily stated.

“Oh yeah . . . Good thing I stopped him. Oh, I know! Do you remember the time when he started a petition to send a calendar to the president of their company?“  Youngbae added, already chuckling at the memory.  

As the others continued reminiscing about other things the leader had tried to do or thought of, Seungri was left out of their conversation, being left with only his thoughts. The youngest man couldn’t believe that someone was capable of doing such things. Of course, he was a fanboy himself, but he had never done anything like that. The most extreme thing he ever did – or let’s say exaggerated – was learning some French just for the awaited occasion of meeting ‘The One and Only Baddest Female’. Seungri’s ‘brilliant’ plan was that he would address her in French, because after some research, he had the revelation that French was also called the language of love – and of course, he thought that after hearing him talk in that impressive foreign language, the girl will swoon over him.

“Okay you had enough fun. It’s Seungri’s turn now.” Jiyong said, taking the younger away from his reverie.

“Seungri, is there something extreme you did?” Youngbae joined in.

After a few moments of hesitation spent in silence, Seungri finally uttered:

“Well . . . I actually learned some French.”

 

 


 

 

* TALENT SHOW DAY *

 

“Yes. Thank you, sir.” Dara spoke in a business-like tone through her cellphone. “Of course. Same place after the show ends. Good-day.” As soon as her finger hit the ‘End Call’ button, Bom jumped from behind her and asked in a shushed tone:

“What did he say? Is he there? Is everything alright?” The girl rapidly fired off every single question that had been bugging her since the start of the phone call.

“Yes.”

‘’Yes? YES WHAT, DARA? ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTIONS!”

“Yes . . . Everything is going according to plan. Mr. Kim said he had just found a perfect spot, which would allow him to film everything . . . and of course that after the show he will present us with the footage.”

“And we will finally catch Mafia Man.” Bom broke into a huge grin.

“That’s what’s supposed to happen.” Dara answered.

"Dara, we will be heroes. Because of us, a murder will not take place and the most important thing is that we won't be forced to live in fear anymore. That Mafia Man scares the hell out of me.

Dara just nodded in afirmation.