When Worlds Collide

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

 

 

It wasn’t a prank. It really wasn’t a prank. It ISN’T a prank.

This was what was going over and over again through Jiyong’s little head. Since the phone call, the leader had been in a complete daze, his mind and whole being not being able to comprehend what the hell happened. But, then again, who can really blame him? His whole existence had just been put under a big question mark and the poor boy just couldn’t work properly anymore.

One would’ve said that if Jiyong would ever gotten in this position, he would be acting like an overhyped child, but, in fact he was staring absent-mindedly at nothing in particular, as if his brain was executing an algorithm to find out the actuality of the situation.

So, when he blinked and a clear picture of his surroundings appeared before his eyes, the fact that he was actually standing in front of the very-well known and impressive YG Building hit him hard. Sadly, it did not make this situation seem closer to reality. In fact, it just added another question to his endless queue of thoughts.

Is this real? Is this really happening?

“I guess so.” Youngbae suddenly spoke, one of his hands coming in contact with Jiyong’s shoulder giving it a light friendly squeeze.

The leader immediately turned around, jumping back in surprise at the sight of Youngbae. He was so lost in the depths of his mind that he didn’t even sense his friend coming closer. For a second, he even forgot that his four co-members were accompanying him, but, of course he wasn’t going to admit that.

“Did I say that out loud?” Jiyong questioned, finally realizing everything that had happened. He lazily pressed his palms over his eyes, rubbing them easily, hoping it would help him get out of that stupid trance, because it had been freaking ruining his entire day up until then.

Youngbae slowly nodded in response and signaled to the other three to also come closer.

“Can we go in now?” Seungri wept like a little child, elongating his words in an irritating manner and flapping his limbs. “We’ve been standing here for like . . . what? 20 minutes?” He took out his phone and practically shoved it in Jiyong’s face and then proceeded to do the same to the other three, as if that would’ve helped them see better.

“Well, I am going alone if you’re not coming!” He threatened when he noticed the collective grimace that was gracing his hyungs’ faces.  Then with only a glowering look and a deliberately audible hmph, the maknae was gone and rushing to the entrance of the building. If this were a cartoon, all that would have been left would had been that little cloud of dust – Seungri was moving THAT fast.

“They won’t let him in.” Jiyong turned to the others and spoke flatly.

 

 


 

 

“What about fireworks? I LOVE fireworks.” Dara gushed and joined her hands, intertwining her fingers, smiling like a complete idiot.

“Why would we need fireworks for our music video?” Bom commented, cruelly bursting her friend’s oh so happy bubble. “I don’t see the point of that.” She shrugged, oblivious to the imaginary daggers that were directed at her.

­­“Oh yeah, but you see the point of dancers dressed in corn costumes.” Dara countered not missing a beat as she already was on position of attack.

“I’m sorry that they absolutely go with our concept and theme.” Bom started examining her nails, more than disinterested in what arguments the petite girl was going to bring forward.

Dara quickly opened , pointing her finger accusingly at the dark-haired singer, not so offensive words prepared to be spilled out, when:

“UNNIES PLEASE DON’T FIGHT!” A scream echoed throughout the room. The two women ceased their argument to turn simultaneously to face Minzy, who had been the author of the interruption. The 2NE1 maknae was standing at the doorway, her hands stretched out in a pacifying manner, her eyes alert of any movement.

“Please don’t fight.” She repeated again, already taking careful steps further into the room, placing herself between the two feuding sides.  

“Minzy, don’t sweat it. It’s just their way of communication.” CL’s voice intervened from out of nowhere. There was a moment of silence in which the three girls froze, being too afraid to even move.

“And just where did you come from?” Bom creased her eyebrows out of confusion, cocking her head to the side from behind Minzy in order to get a better view of Chaerin. She was seated luxuriously on one of the room’s comfy couches, a fashion magazine in one hand and a mug of coffee in the other. 

“I was here the whole time. Even before you and Dara entered the room.” The leader clarified, taking a sip from her coffee, before continuing. “You just didn’t spot me, so I let you go on with your lives as if I weren’t here. I didn’t want to get involved in your nonsense arguments that were bound to follow. And I see I was right. ” She finished with a bitter smile.

“Wow. . .” The red-headed girl muttered more to herself than for anyone else.

“So you are saying that you don’t care about this music video?” Bom countered, feeling provoked by her dongsaeng and leader’s words.

“I care, it’s just that you two get TOO into it.”

“No, we don’t.” Dara defended.

When Yang Hyun Suk delivered the news of the music video, a few days ago, Bom felt it necessary to take the matter into her own hands. She named herself the one in charge and there wasn’t even a single day when she didn’t organize these meetings where all the 2NE1 members came together to discuss the details of their new project.

Unfortunately, these gatherings weren’t . . . the nicest and most peaceful ones. In fact, most of the time was filled with the two oldest girls fighting because of their distinct opinions on certain aspects, while Minzy and CL stood silently in their own corner, sometimes even being forced to choose a side. 

So, today, when Chaerin realized that her unnies didn’t notice her when they entered the lounge, she decided she has been blessed - and with a mental note to go to church on Sunday to thank for this miracle, she went back to her magazine.

“This will be our first self-thought out and self-produced music video.” Bom pouted.

“We know, but we all want to be part of this. Not only you and Dara unnie.” Minzy stated, taking a seat next to the leader.

“Okay, I’ll just go and grab some corn. All of this fighting made me hungry.” The dark-haired girl stated matter-of-factly after a moment of silence and went out the door.

 

 


 

 

“Excuse me sir, but you can’t go in.” A short, but buff man blocked Seungri’s path, popping out of nowhere, just as he was about to cross the threshold of the entrance door.

The boy, quite confused at first, took a step back and shifted his gaze all over the man, quickly tagging him as an unnecessary obstacle between him and his ultimate happiness.

“Sir, I told you. You can’t go in.” The stranger repeated and held out his hands, when he saw Seungri trying to resume his fast stride. “This is a private building.” He self-consciously straightened his posture, as if he himself remembered the eminence of the building which stood behind him.

“Ah.” Seungri let his lips form into a smirk. “Well, you see Mr. . . .”

“Hong.” The man replied automatically, his eyes already turned into slits, paying extreme attention to the individual standing in front of him. He knew a weirdo when he saw one.  

“Mr. Hong it is then.” The maknae smiled. “Well, you see Mr. Hong . . . I . . .” He pointed to himself for self-desired emphasis. “Have an appointment.”

“Oh really? With whom if I may ask?” Mr. Hong asked back, not even half as impressed as Seungri thought he would be.

“Yang Hyun Suk Sajangnim, of course!”

“Aha.” The man sighed tiredly. “Now, if that was all, I will have to ask you to leave the premises of this property.” He turned around and walked away.

“WHAT?” The younger man shouted stupefied, widening his eyes up to the point of almost falling out of their sockets. “YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!” He persisted, already catching up to the now-not-so-much-stranger.

“Sir-“ Mr. Hong stopped in his tracks and placed his hands at his back, leaning his upper body towards Seungri, causing the latter to ebb his head away. “Does this look like a joke to you?” He spoke gravely, pulling at the little rectangular tag engraved with his name and sewn into his black shirt. “This my job- to guard the building. I can’t let any scatter-brain who claims to have a meeting with the CEO get in. Understood?”

“Excuse you sir, but I am not lying.” Seungri raised his forefinger and waved it from side to side in disapproval. “You can’t possibly know who actually has an appointment and who hasn’t. I can even picture the headlines – Yang Hyun Suk, CEO of YG Entertainment loses the deal of his life because of an overly paranoid mere guard.”

The short man sighed in defeat. He really couldn’t get rid of this one guy. “Okay, let’s check at the reception.”

 

==

 

“Minah, this man here says he is scheduled for a meeting with Mr. Yang. Can you please check?” Mr. Hong addressed the lady from behind the desk at the reception.

She gave a subtle nod in return and directed her gaze towards Seungri, examining him over the thick rim of her glasses. “Your name please?” She inquired.

“Lee Seunghyun.” He leaned on the desk, a charming smile gracing his lips.

Not minding him, the receptionist took out an old book from one of the drawers and let her eyes roam carefully on the pages filled with writings.

“Oh, yes. I’ve found you Mr. Lee.” She spoke after several minutes, making the boy turn to the guard and smirk, his facial expression sending the right message – I told you.

“But, there is a problem.” The woman continued. “It says here that you are supposed to be five people. Is someone named Kwon Jiyong with you?” She raised one eyebrow skeptically.

“Oh yes! We are five in total. The others are outside - You can check if you want.” He signaled to Mr. Hong. “Right at the corner of the street.”

“Fine, but you wait here.” The older man instructed before departing, leaving the maknae and the receptionist alone in a complete awkward silence.

From the corners of his eyes, Seungri looked around the room suspiciously, his arms crossed across his chest, but then, in one abrupt swift motion, he turned to the lady behind the desk, once again with that irritating smile that he somehow believed was charming.

“How may I help you?’’ She inquired, her tone dripping with sarcasm and possibly disgust as her head was leaning back, as far away as possible from the man standing before her.

“I was wondering what happens after the others get here. My friends?” He added when he noticed the woman’s confused expression.

“Oh.” She breathed out. “I am supposed to call Teddy to inform him of your arrival. He should be able to take care of you then.”

“Why don’t you call him now?” He leaned more on the desk, trying to get closer to the lady, his smile begging more and more to be taken off his face with a punch or more.

For a few seconds, the woman did nothing but stare unblinkingly at the panda-eyed man, as if weighing the options that were laid before her: accept the fact that the suspicious guy was right or go on with trying to ignore him.

“Maybe I should do that. We’ll save time that way and I’ll get rid of you sooner.” She reached out for the phone on the right side of her desk and dialed one of the numbers from the little sheet of paper attached to the handset.

Seungri nodded approvingly, his arrogance exuding from his every pore.

“AAAGH!” An earsplitting scream echoed through the vast modern-like hallways of the building, causing the receptionist who had just put down the phone, to get up, being more than ready to go and investigate.

However, any other additional movement was halted by Seungri 'The Great Rescuer', who cut in and placed his forefinger against his lips, implying that silence must be kept at all costs. Then, carefully and without muttering any other word or, sound for that matter, the maknae pulled back, tip-toeing further down the hallway towards a door that he personally witnessed to slam right after the yell.

As he advanced, his face became more and more contorted with determination and conviction that something was actually hiding behind that door, while even the receptionist that proved that she took no liking to the boy, stole nervous glances of the scene before her.

Just when the tension was at its peak and the maknae was about to grasp the door handle, the sliding doors at the entrance opened making room for Jiyong’s exclamations of disbelief to take over the silence.

The boy creased his forehead, still set on opening the door, but then Daesung’s figure appeared from behind the corner:

“HYUNGS! FINALLY!” Seungri straightened himself and waved at his co-members, already marching towards them, all with a smile stretched to his ears.

And so the door became completely forgotten.

 

 


 

 

“Do you know when the best time to harvest apples is?” Dara jumped on the balls of her feet with her hands thrown up in the air, as she was trying to make the other two answer.

Sadly, not even Dara’s upmost excitement couldn’t convince the two younger women to give back a response.

“When the guard is sleeping!” She continued, already bursting in hysterical laughter after hearing her own joke.

In the opposite corner, we could find Minzy and CL whose reactions weren’t even close to Dara’s or to what the petite girl would have expected. Not even bothering to hide her disapproval anymore, Chaerin slammed her magazine on her lap and sighed tiredly, hanging her head down. Those terrible jokes had to come to an end. She had to take the matter into her own hands.

Maybe that was what the maknae was also thinking, because just when the leader zeroed her eyes on the unaware Dara, Minzy stood up from her seat. Or more like jolted up from her seat. So, Chaerin settled for hearing her dongsaeng out.

“Unnie - “ She began, stealing Dara’s attention from wiping her tears of laughter. “Can I . . . “ She bit her lower lip nervously and started looking around the room as if for inspiration for the continuation of the request. “Can I borrow your phone?” She put on a fake smile, trying to convince the other that she wasn’t lying.

“Oh sorry, Minzy. But my cellphone is dead.” She shrugged, a prominent frown forming on her forehead, believing that her dongsaeng actually needed the little electronic device. “Why did you need it anyway?”

“Well . . . uhmm . . .” To stop you from telling those incredibly lame jokes. “Nothing.” She laughed awkwardly moving her hands through the air, trying to make herself not sound or look suspicious. Unluckily, that didn’t seem to do the trick as Dara gave the impression that she had caught on something, because the corners of suddenly dropped, signaling a sudden change of mood. So the maknae had to quickly implement PLAN B. Which didn’t exist. Until now.

“What is taking Bom unnie so long? The cafeteria is not even that far.” She rapidly blurted out the first thing that came to her mind, all her efforts going into making her face look concerned over the topic.

A snort that Minzy knew for a fact that it was CL’s, made its way to the red headed girl’s ears, but she chose to ignore it and went on with the innocent act.

“You’re right. This is a lot . . . even for her.” The petite girl commented as she was deep in thought, observing the big round clock on the wall.  “Maybe I should go look for her.” She assertively declared, fist pumping the air.

“I don’t think –“

“You’re right! I should! What am I still doing here?” Dara pinched the bridge of her nose in her signature move and dashed from the room in search of the other singer.

The two girls who were left in the lounge turned to each other in confusion: 

“I hate when they do that.” Minzy stated blandly.

“They are so alike.” Chaerin replied, with regard to the two older 2NE1 members. “Should we go after them?” She asked, more out of politeness, than actually wanting to do it.

“Nah. They are good.”

 

*RING RING*

A sudden beeping sound took the girls by surprise.

“Oh, excuse me Minji.” The blonde stood up to get better access to her back pocket, in order to take out her cellphone.

“Yes?” She inquired, once she had the phone at her ear, listening carefully.

“SAVE ME! PLEASE!” Bom’s voice came from the other end, in a shushed, yet panicked yell.

“What?”

“Iamstuckinthisclosetorwhateveritispleasecomeandsavemeeee.”

“Please talk slower. I can’t understand a single thing you’re saying.” CL furrowed her brows.

“COME TO THE ENTRANCE AND FREAKING SAVE ME! AND WHY IS DARA NOT PICKING UP?” Bom shouted exasperatedly at the top of her lungs.

“Her phone is dead. Kaput. And she also just left to go look for you.”  

“OH GOD . . . NOO! GO AFTER HER! STOP HER! I JUST SAW MAFIA MAN AND HID IMMEDIATELY IN HERE. OH MY GOD, HE MUST BE AFTER ME! SAVE DARA! IT’S NOT SAFE OUT THERE! I REPEAT: IT’S NOT SAFE OUT HERE!” The older woman continued yelling uncontrollably, causing the other one to just distance the device away from her ear.

“Mafia? What? Where exactly are you? You were gone for like 20 minutes and you already managed to get into some shady business?”

“There is this little room, somewhat similar to a closet, somewhere in the main entrance area. That’s where I am. BUT THIS DOESN’T MATTER NOW. PLEASE LISTEN TO ME! GO AFTER DARA AND GET HER TO SAFETY! DO YOU HEAR ME WOMAN?”

“Uhmm . . .”

“GO OR I’LL KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP AND THE ENTIRE REPUBLIC OF KOREA WILL MOURN THE DEATH OF ONE OF ITS BIGGEST STARS!”

“Okaaay . . .” Chaerin hung up, not planning on hearing any more nonsense.

“What was that about?” Minzy questioned. Hearing only one part of the conversation surely raised a lot of questions for the girl.

“It was Bom. I got to go look for her. And Dara. I think . . . I don’t know.” The rapper shook her head and raked a hand through her hair in frustration. “Can you please wait here? The last thing I want is to go around searching for you too.”

“Sure, I’ll stay here then.” Relieved that she could stay here comfortably, the maknae waved goodbye and grabbed the fashion magazine that the leader was reading earlier.

And CL’s angry mumble ‘The things I do for you’ muttered on her way out, fell to deaf ears.

 

 


 

 

“Hi guys!” A relatively tall man, clad entirely in black hip-hop clothes greeted cheerfully the five new-comers. “I am Teddy Park.” He proceeded to grasp Jiyong’s hand in his larger one, shaking it in welcoming. “How are you?” He offered his hand to the rest of them and chuckled at all their dumbstruck faces.

Needless to mention, the most memorable and priceless faces were for sure the ones that Seungri and Jiyong were sporting. And the leader looked he was this close to fainting – with his pale face and eyes that literally couldn’t stay still at all, trying to take in the whole inside of the building.

“Is he alright?” Teddy asked, a little perplexed and maybe scared by the younger man’s behavior.

“Oh, yes – don’t worry.” Seunghyun stepped forward next to the leader and sneaked his hand around his shoulders to offer support to the shorter man. “He is just a little nervous.” He mentioned with no hint of sarcasm or indication of the impending addition of a mean comment.

“Maybe more than a little.” The composer chuckled again, but soon turned his smile in a thin line. “Do you wanna take him to the bathroom? It’s just down the hallway.” He pointed to the said direction. “Splash some water on his face. I think it will ease him a bit.” He examined the leader again.

“Okay. Come on!” Seunghyun readjusted his arm and dragged a somewhat still walking Jiyong to their destination.

“Can we go further?” A beseeching Seungri came front. “I’m sure that they’ll find us. Plus, they can call us if they get lost. But, they won’t. They are very skilled in finding their way out of places.” He made a gesture of disregard, gesturing how unimportant the others are compared to him and his desire.

“I guess we could do that.” The elder smiled, turning around and leading the way, disappearing after a turn to the right.

 

==

 

“This is what happens when I try to be a good friend.” Seunghyun sighed, regretting his actions. “Why did I do this when I could just stay like the innocent good boy I am in my place and just tease you a bit? Huh?” He blabbered on and on, even though the younger boy did not give anything in response.

“And what the hell is wrong with you? I thought you were nervous but you’re acting like a dead drunk person. You are not drunk are you?” He bent his knees to be able to check his dongsaeng’s face. “You’re still able to walk, at least.” He scoffed.

“I am not drunk, you idiot!” The leader suddenly jumped from his friend’s hold, forcefully pushing him away, almost slapping him in the process. “You don’t know how I feel! I am dying on the inside! God, this is so surreal. This is -”

“So you don’t need to go to the bathroom anymore?” Seunghyun interrupted, downright bored.

“What?” Jiyong clicked his tongue. “I do.” He finally declared, causing Seunghyun to release a groan. Sadly, he didn’t know the fact that the younger man didn’t have the littlest need to visit the restroom – he just did it to annoy his hyung.

“Ugh, fine. Let’s go then.” The elder stormed off and stopped at the first door that entered his narrow field of vision, forcefully swinging it open.

But, that wasn’t the bathroom. Oh no.

“I’M WARNING YOU! I KNOW KUNG FU!” Bom shouted, standing in the doorframe, ready to defend herself. Her arms were positioned in what was supposed to be a kung fu stance, yet she was shaking in fear.

For some reason she had her eyes closed, as if waiting for a hit to touch her. But, when she noticed the lack of any reaction, she opened one eye to examine the place and that was the moment she came face to face with Seunghyun, whose face was prevailed with abashment and looked like he wanted to just teleport from there.

“THE CRAZY WOMAN!” He hissed and pointed to an equally baffled Bom.

On the other hand, the singer was staring unblinkingly at the man before her, feeling the little gears at the back of her brain working profusely. She could recognize that face anywhere – she didn’t stalk them for nothing, after all – so, the first thing that she did was pounce on him and squeeze him in a bear hug.

“MY SAVIOUR!” She threw her hands to the sides and threw her head back in delight.

“Get the hell away from me woman!” Seunghyun pushed her as far from him as possible, a feeling of déjà vu engulfing him.

“OH.MY.GOD! OH MY GOOD!”

The two people turned to find Jiyong with his jaw on the floor, his eyes wider than anyone thought to be possible.

“YOU ARE PARK BOM! OH MY GOD! PARK BOM IS STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEEE!”

 

 


 

 

 “Maybe we shouldn’t go on another floor without them.” Teddy explained to the three guests, as they had reached the elevators. “We shall wait for them here.”

Even though Daesung, Youngbae and Seungri nodded in understanding, they weren’t really paying any attention. Their little eyes were focused on the red glowing numbers that were descending continuously on the small panel above the elevator doors.

Their minds were working frantically, waiting eagerly for the person inside the elevator to step out. They were hoping that a celebrity was waiting to reveal themselves to them. They were at YG Entertainment after all.

When the doors opened, it was like everything was suddenly happening in slow motion.

Seungri thought he was hallucinating, because CL, Lee ing Chaerin, the one and only Baddest female didn’t just step out of the freaking elevator and was heading in his direction.

Well, he was right about one thing. She wasn’t coming in his direction.

“Oppa, did you happen to see Dara unnie or Bom unnie anywhere?” She came to a halt in front of Teddy.

“Sorry, but no.” He shrugged. “Last time I saw them was yesterday for the recording session.”

“2NE1 IS HAVING A COMEBACK?” Seungri couldn’t believe his ears.

“Huh?” CL stared at him bewildered, as if just now observing his existence.

“Oh, yes.” Teddy intervened. ”These guys here – and two more somewhere around this place - are scheduled for a meeting with Hyun Suk hyung.”

“Really? Cool. Good luck then!” She smiled genuinely at them and Seungri thought he could die happily exactly at that moment.

“Well, sorry, but I have to go and look for those wacky unnies of mine. Bye oppa, bye guys!” She grinned again and went on her way.

 

 


 

 

“Where can that woman be?” Dara muttered to herself as she was walking along the empty hallways.

Keeping her head hung low and lost in her thoughts, the girl failed to notice two figures that arose from behind the corner. So, when she felt her shoulder hit something hard, yet soft and warm, she shuddered and twirled on her heels to face what she bumped into.

Firstly, her gaze fell naturally on the floor, where two pairs of feet were standing still, completely unmoving. As she was staring intently, as if those shoes were the most interesting things in the world, a little sound similar to an audible gulp, coming from above her made her come to her senses, causing her to straighten herself right away.

“Sorry.” She bowed out of politeness.

Jiyong was in a state of pure shock. This was the second 2NE1 member that he had run into on this fateful day. And this wasn’t any 2NE1 member . . . oh no . . . this was Sandara Park, his ultimate bias and the woman he called his “girlfriend” when he was hanging out with his friends.  Okay, not only when he was with friends.

Jiyong would definitely circle this date in his calendar and write about this in his diary. Wait, he didn’t have a diary. Well, he would make one just for this incredible day that he would cherish for the rest of his life.

First, his eyes landed upon Park Bom – who hugged Seunghyun AGAIN for an unknown reason that made his blood boil. Unluckily, she scurried away the moment Jiyong made his presence known, but that didn’t matter anymore, because he had just bumped into Dara, or more like she bumped into him.  And:

“OH MY GOD! I WAS TOUCHED BY SANDARA PARK! I AM NEVER WASHING THIS SHIRT AGAIN!”

“Sorry!” She smiled nervously, hoping that Jiyong wasn’t upset, because he hadn’t articulated anything since they ‘met’.

“I-it’s . . . o-o-k-a-y . . .” He struggled to find his words.

“Well, it was nice to meet you!” She beamed at him and bowed again, before continuing her route in searching for her stupid friend.

“SHE SAID IT WAS NICE TO MEET ME! OH MY GOOOOD!

“We should go, too.” Seunghyun unexpectedly spoke, startling the leader that even forgot about his hyung.

The younger man turned around and stared deeply at the direction that Dara went in.

“Let’s go.” The elder shook his friend. “Daesung texted me where they are. They are all waiting for us.”

The leader nodded absentmindedly, letting himself be dragged to wherever the other wanted.

Yes, Jiyong could die right then and there and he wouldn’t mind at all.

 

==

 

When the two wanderers reached the elevators, Jiyong and Seungri marched towards each other, both of them in their own dazed state, and without even knowing what happened to the other, they wrapped their arms around each other.

And as if practiced, they uttered the same sentence at the same time:

“I can die happily now.”

 

 


 

THEY MET! FINALLY! WOOO! 

Hi guys! Sorry for taking so long to update, but school has been really awful lately, because I had to take a lot of tests and had to study my brains out. UGH. Also, I think I was suffering from chronic lack of inspiration or something, because I don't know, I struggled a lot with this chapter. However, this is the longest chapter I have ever written! YAY for extra long chapter! Anyway, I want to thank you guys yet again for reading and commenting and everything!