Thirsty For The Victory

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS JIYONG GUY?!” Seungri threw his hands in the air in bewilderment, oblivious to the fact that people on the street were throwing him curious looks. ‘’I SAW IT ON HIS FACE! HE WAS SURPRISED – HE LIKED WHAT HE HEARD, BUT HE STILL REFUSED TO ACCEPT MEEEEE!!! WHY? WHYYY?!”

After the unfortunate encounter with Jiyong and the others – yes, he forgot the other two’s names – Seungri left to go home. But, being mad at the world and especially at that ‘Jiyong guy’ – that’s what he was calling him now – wasn’t really helpful, as he didn’t pay ANY attention to his surroundings and just went where his legs took him.

And of course, he was now in an unknown area of the city. Luckily, it wasn’t some creepy deserted neighborhood, where rapists, pickpockets or any other kind of criminals were waiting around every corner. There were no bus stops or taxis in sight and stopping some stranger on the street just to ask where he is, was out of the question – his pride wasn’t letting him do that. And then he remembered: HIS PHONE. How could he forget about his cellphone? Now, all his problems were solved, he could just call a taxi and get home in no time, but it seemed as the gods had their backs turned at him today, because when he took out the little object, Seungri’s relief faded away, only to be replaced by rage.

“WHAT. . . THE . . . HELL! OF ALL TIMES THIS IS THE MOMENT YOU FINALLY DECIDE TO DIE ON MEEEE?!” Seungri let out his frustration on the poor inanimate object, making some heads turn towards him, looking at him, like he was some sort of a freak – maybe, he was - but that was the last of his problems.

“AM I ASKING FOR TOOO MUUUCH? TO GET HOMEEE? TO GET ACCEPTEEED?” He shouted towards the skies, hoping that maybe, maybe someone or something will appear out of nowhere and help him out of this ‘horrible’ situation.

“Seungri . . . what are you doing?”

“Eh?” The boy straightened up instantly, for a moment thinking that his prayers have been answered, that someone had actually come to help him. But, then he woke up to the situation: there was no way that the person was a stranger – he knew his name. So now, he had to deal with a guy who found him in such a pathetic situation.

“UGHH GREAT! JUST GREAT! Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse. Okay okaaay . . . Seungri you’re good at this, act like an innocent person – you didn’t do anything wrong. I think.”

‘’U-uh n-nothing . . .” He replied out loud and quickly took a better look at the unexpectedly arrived person. And to his surprise, it was Daesung, who looked slightly startled by the unplanned meeting, as well.

“You live here too?”

“Who? Me?” Seungri pointed to himself making the older nod. “I don’t’’

“Uhmm . . . Okay then. I should go.”

“DAESUNG WAIT!” Seungri called in quite a desperate voice, making the other turn to him with an expecting look. “Do you perhaps have any idea of why that Jiyong guy didn’t accept me AGAIN?”

“You mean Jiyong hyung?

“Suureee . . . Jiyong hyuuunngg. Anywaaay, do you know why he doesn’t want me to join the band?”

“Huh? Weelll, maybe if you had followed my plaaaan . . .”

“Seriously now – do you know why?” Seungri asked quizzically, not really getting why the other was acting like this.

“Look – the plan was devised in such a way, that there was no way you could fail in getting in, but you probably thought that you are too good for my plan or something . . . “

“Whaaaat? Is this about the plaan? Okaay, I’m sorry. Really. So now, that we are over that . . . can you please tell me why he doesn’t accept me for once and for all?”

“I’m most certainly not over it. And he told you himself why: he doesn’t like you.” Daesung crossed his arms over his chest and pursed his lips, making sure that his behavior made it look like he was starting to agree with his hyung’s opinion.

“But, why? Can you please help meeee? I promise, NO I SWEAR that from now on, I will follow your plans in the tiniest detail, but help me with making that Jiyong guy – I mean Jiyong hyung like meee - pleaseee? PLEASEEE?” Seungri grabbed the older into a tight squeeze and put on his cutest expression, looking at Daesung with puppy eyes and even making his lower lip tremble, in hopes that this desperate attempt will change the decision that was about to be made.

“Sorry, but no. You are on your own now.” Daesung got out of Seungri’s hold and turned around, ready to leave without even looking behind once.

Seungri let out a loud sigh, leaving his brain to search for a way to convince the other to still help him, but suddenly he remembered his actual and more important problem.

“HEY! WAAAITT!!!!” He yelled, making the other stop in his tracks.

“UGH! I’M NOT HELPING YOU!”

“No No . . . It’s not about that! Can you? Can you please tell me how can I get back to school?” Oh god, how he could feel his pride being stomped on.

 “Uhmm . . . Suree!”

 

 


 

 

‘’Let’s rent some bikes! It’s such a perfect weatheerrr!!!’’ Daesung excitedly suggested, just like a child who is trying to convince his parents do something.

And he was right indeed. The weather was delightful. Spring was like always the season when everything was alive and kicking: the flowers were blooming, the birds were chirping and the sun was bathing everything in its warm sunrays. The sight was breathtaking and Daesung was trying his best to make the best of this weekend. But, as always, someone – more specifically, Seunghyun - had to burst his happy bubble. Unfortunately, this was the price of having friends like this.

 “I for one, am not moving from this bench. I’ve already made enough effort just to get to this park.”

‘’Hyung, the park is across the street from your apartment. All you had to do is cross the street.” Daesung stated, not really taken aback by his hyung’s expected lack of excitement.

“NOT! The lift was out of order, so I had to also take the stairs. You should be relieved I’m not in hospital or something due to exhaustion.”

“What the hell? You live on the first floor. . . “Jiyong quickly butted in, not being able to resist the urge to mess with the oldest.

“What’s your point?”

“I give up.”

“Guys, I beg you . . . for once let us enjoy our free time in peace and quiet. We don’t need you fighting over any stupid unimportant thing.” Youngbae intervened, seeing that even Daesung’s enthusiasm was slowly fading away. Oh god, these two could ruin anyone’s day just by opening their mouths.

“Okay, sorry.” Jiyong turned his back at Seunghyun and put on a bright smile, hoping that what just happened would be erased from the other’s memories and the day could still peacefully go on. But, that thought was maybe a little too far-fetched.

‘’Do you expect me to act like nothing happened?” Seunghyun huffed in annoyance.

“YES! Now, Daesung . . . do you still want to rent some bikes?”

“Yeah!”

“Okay. You guys go alone – I’ll just go and buy myself a delicious ice-cream.”

“You just said that you won’t move from this bench.” Youngbae tried to remind Seunghyun.

“Just leave him. We don’t need him – he will just ruin our day.”

“Because you, Jiyong, are such a pleasant company.”

“GUYS! Just go already and buy your ice-cream. We’ll still be here when you come back.”

“Whatever . . .” Seunghyun turned around to head towards the shop from across the street.”

“OH HYUNG! IF YOU GO THERE, PLEASE BUY ME A BOTTLE OF WATER!” Jiyong shouted, assuming that the older heard him, as he didn’t even flinch.

But, just then, a bottle of water appeared in front of his eyes, out of nowhere. Puzzled, Jiyong took the bottle and followed the hand which was holding it, only to meet a pair of eyes with dark circles.

“I heard you wanted water, so brought you water.” The man spoke in an innocent tone, and after a better look, Jiyong realized who was kind enough to provide him with water when he was in need of it. Who else, other than ‘THE COCKY GUY FROM THE AUDITIONS?

“What the hell are you doing here? ARE YOU STALKING ME NOW?”