Auditions

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

“Youngbae, do you know where Daesung is? I am hungry, so I wanted him to bring me a snack.” Jiyong asked.

“I don’t know. I’ve been looking for him everywhere - but unlike you, I actually wanted to talk to him.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? I always talk to him!”

“Yes, you talk to him – when you force him do things for you, and you always do that.”

“I don’t.”

“Yes, you –“

Unfortunately, Youngbae wasn’t able to even finish his sentence, because all of a sudden, a large object bumped into him, making him fall on the floor from the unexpected impact. Jiyong was rooted to his spot due to the shock. Just two seconds ago, he was talking to his friend, who was NOW on the ground squashed by a still unidentified object. But, just then the thing moved and stood up only to reveal its identity. The unknown object was in fact a person, but not just any person - it was Seunghyun.

“Sorry Youngbae.” Seunghyun helped him get up.

“Hyung what were you doing?” Jiyong asked, finally being to come to his senses.

“Oh Yeah!” Seunghyun bent down and picked up something he was supposedly carrying when he crashed into the other man, and handed it to the other two.

“What is this?”

“It’s a poster. I found it on the notice board. Look at it!”

“Auditions? Do you want to audition for something hyung?”

“WHAT? NO! READ WHAT IT SAYS, .”

“Waaaiit….this is about our band.”

“Go on.”

“Contact Kang Daesung?! What the hell?” Jiyong asked quizzically.

“Wait – what time is it now?” Youngbae asked his gaze still on the poster.

“Almost 4 pm. Why?”

“Because these ‘auditions’ start at 4!”

“What?! Come on, let’s goo!” Jiyong gestured to the others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“DAESUUNNG!!!” The three guys threw the door open and luckily, found the person they were looking for – he was sitting quietly at a table, probably waiting for the candidates.

“Daesung, what are you doing?” Jiyong demanded.

“Hyungs, you are right on time. I didn’t actually expect you to come, but since you are here, please take a seat.” He calmly gestured towards a few empty chairs, his signature smile occupying most of his face.

“We are not sitting anywhere! What are you doing?”

“I’m hosting the auditions, didn’t you see the poster?”

“We are not hosting any auditions! We have enough members!”

“I think that we need one more. Five is better, don’t you think?

“We don’t. Now, come on. I’m hungry – can you bring me something?” Jiyong asked as he headed towards the door, but Daesung’s refusal made him turn around with a dumbstruck look, thinking that he didn’t hear well.

 “I’M NOT BRINGING YOU ANYTHING! I’M DONE DOING THINGS FOR YOU! ANY OF YOU!” He said as he was pointing to each one of them. I AM NOT YOUR FREAKING SLAVE!”

‘’Ummm…okaaay.” The newly arrived people were beyond surprised. It was the first time since they were born hearing Daesung shout at someone, let alone one of them. Okay, maybe he shouted at them, but only out of annoyance and shock, but this – this was a completely other story. They thought that he was incapable of even getting angry and eventually came to the conclusion that the man was the most patient person that ever lived on this planet and he most certainly deserved his name to appear in the World Records Book. And their theory was valid - until now, at least. It seemed that even Daesung’s patience had a limit and if they reached that, it meant that this was serious.

‘’WHAT?! YOU THOUGHT I WAS ENJOYING DOING ALL THOSE THINGS? LIKE BEING WOKEN UP BY FORCE? HELL NOO! I AM DONE WITH THIS! YOU KNOW WHAT? I NEED A SLAVE TOOO!”

“What?”

‘’I NEED A SLAVE TOOOO!!! THAT’S WHY I’M HOLDING THESE AUDITIONS! AND I COULDN’T CARE LESS, IF YOU AGREED OR NOT! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I NEED A FREAKING SLAVE TOO!”

“D-Daesung, if we agree to do the auditions with you will calm down?” Seunghyun stepped forward hoping to calm the man down.

“W-will you really d-do the auditions with me? For me?”

“If you calm down, yes.”

“THANK YOUUU!!!” He hugged each one of them and guided them to the empty chairs he had prepared earlier.

“Daesung, I think that since I am the leader and all, it would be natural for me to conduct the audition. You are okay with this, right?” Jiyong carefully asked, hoping that his question wouldn’t make the younger angry again.

“Uhmmm…sure hyung, but can I also ask them some questions?”

“Sure!”

And then the auditions began. The door opened to reveal the first candidate. He had a downcast look and had his hands clasped at the back.

“H-hi…My n-name is –“

“I’ll stop you right there.” Daesung interrupted, making Jiyong turn to him with a flabbergasted look. ”How old are you?”

“I-I am a j-junior.”

“I’m sorry, then. NEXT!” The guy let a short sigh out and left with his gaze not lifting from the floor.

“Daesung, why did you do that?” Youngbae asked, not really understanding what had just happened.

“He was older than me. We need someone younger than me- so he can be the maknae, which equals slave.”

“Alriiighht.”

A large number of people followed shortly and most of them weren’t accepted by Daesung. Why? Because their answers to his questions weren’t satisfactory. Questions like: ‘How many bags can you carry at once?’ or ‘Would you mind being woken up at 3 in the morning?’. It was then, when Jiyong decided to take the matter into his hands. He made Daesung shut up and let the audition flow like it should.

The candidates were finally allowed to sing – because that’s what people should do at auditions, not answer ridiculous questions - but this time they weren’t accepted by Jiyong. None of them met his requirements. Some weren’t good, some didn’t pay any attention to what was happening around them and some were just girls that came to admire Seunghyun, who unfortunately was fast asleep.

And then it finally came to the last two candidates. A man confidently entered the auditions room and bluntly asked.

“Are you Kwon Jiyong?”

“Uhmmm…yes?”

“I saw you on Facebook – so, mark my words. Sandara Park is not your girlfriend – she’s my wife. SO, STAY AWAY FROM HER!” He said in a threatening tone, turned around and left the room.

“Who was that?” Jiyong asked dumfounded.

“Park Chanyeol – that is what it says here, at least.” Youngbae checked the candidate list.

“I like him.”

“Of course you do.” Seunghyun said, the scene between the 2 fan boys waking him up.

Jiyong turned to look to the last candidate, who was just making his entrance. A smug look was plastered on his face and walked cockily. He eyed each ‘judge’ from head to toe and then stopped in front of them.

‘’Hello! My name is Lee Seunghyun.” He announced, making sure everybody gave him the attention he ‘deserved’.

“You have the same name as hyung!” Daesung pointed to the said person.

“Oh, really?” He raised an eyebrow. “That’s… uhmmm… nice. But, as I was saying, my name is Lee Seunghyun and I’m a freshman. I came here, because since I was a little kid, I dreamed of being in a band. I also – “

“I don’t like you.” Jiyong stated matter of factly. “Please leave”

“Oh, Thank you for accepting – WAIT WHAT?!”

“You are out. Byeee!”

‘’You can’t do THIS!”

“Actually, I can. The door is over there” Jiyong pointed to the exit.

“Hyung, he was the last oneee…and he was perfeeect!” Daesung said after the strange guy left.

“I don’t care. He was too cocky.”

“Sorry Daesung” Youngbae patted his shoulder.