Special Day

When Fanboying Caused a BIGBANG

                                                                                              

                                        

 

 

 

“Today. Is a special day.” Jiyong announced and the other three guys in the room turned to face him. Seeing that he was able to catch their attention, he continued.

“Today is our 3 year anniversary, I AM SO FREAKING HAPPYYY!!!” Jiyong said while jumping and squealing in excitement.

“Oooh, I’m so happy for you…but were you in a relationship all this time?... With who?”

At those words, Jiyong turned to face Daesung with a flabbergasted look.

“YOU DON’T KNOW?! HOW COME? EVERYBODY KNOWS WE ARE TOGETHER!”

“Yeah, everybody except her – She doesn’t even know you exist.” Youngbae intervened.

“Actually, I think she knows- I mean who else got kicked out of the concert venue, because of the constant yelling and pushing?”

“HYUUUUNG! You know it wasn’t my fault!”

“Yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that.” Seunghyun responded and as soon as the words left his mouth, the room was filled with hysterical laughter.

Unable to bear with the mockery his friends were firing off to him, Jiyong abruptly sat up and stormed out of the room, of course, not missing the chance to slam the door dramatically. Unfortunately, the dramatic exit made no impact on the other guys, as they were still shaking uncontrollably with laughter.

 

 


 

 

Jiyong could not believe what had just happened. He was expecting his friends to be happy for him, to be as excited as him – okay, not really as excited as him, because he was sure they weren’t capable of that, but the point was that today, was a special day.  It was his and Sandara Park’s 3 year anniversary. And yes, Sandara Park as in 2NE1’s Sandara Park. Seunghyun, Youngbae and Daesung had been his friends for a lifetime, but they still couldn’t understand his passion for Dara and 2NE1, hence still making fun of him for anything related to the 4 girls.

But, he could still remember the first time he laid his eyes on the girl as it was yesterday. It was one of the best days of his life and he wouldn’t change it for a thing, even if that meant the guys leaving him alone. It all started a few years ago, when Youngbae, being the music enthusiast he was, insisted on showing him a music video of a new girl group. Assuring him that it was better than the last one – not like he said that every single time - he pressed the play button. Honestly, Jiyong wasn’t expecting too much, as he found the concepts of girl groups quite similar, but little did he know that that particular music video ‘’was going to change his life’’.

To say that Jiyong was surprised while watching, was an understatement. His jaw was like literally hitting the floor and his eyes were wide open as he took in every single detail. They were different. Fierce. Powerful. Those were the words he would use if he were to be asked to describe them. The need to the replay button just to be able to witness such awesomeness again could be felt through his entire body. And he didn’t hesitate one bit.

Several hours later he was still glued in front of the computer. Even though he replayed the video for at least 100 times, he didn’t get tired of it. Especially after he caught sight of the petite, skinny girl with a crazy hairstyle who was acting all tough and cool. And it was only a matter of seconds for Kwon Jiyong to become a 2NE1 and Sandara Park expert.

So, here he was today. A hardcore fanboy. Always going to concerts, fan meetings and all that comes with it, and of course, he had a few problems here and there, but it never was his fault! And that was something his friends refused to acknowledge.

But, unfortunately, his train of thought was interrupted by the annoying ringing of the bell.

‘’Oh my gooood. Not that stupid thing agaaaiin!’’

Like always, the bell was there to ruin the moment. Jiyong could only crave for the day he will finally graduate and be able to get rid of the said object. Maybe, it wasn’t a bad idea to smash it with a hammer on the day of the ceremony. Nobody could punish him then for doing it, right, RIGHT? But that thought had to wait for at least another year, as he was still a junior in college, so he needed to soothe himself with just the notion of revenge against the little thing.

‘’Just a little bit more, just a bit.”

He hastily went to the classroom where his next course was held, completely ignoring the idea of even stopping by his locker, not wanting to run into Seunghyun, whose locker was situated next to his. He just didn’t want to meet any of the guys after openly making fun of him. He wanted to show them that he was angry. Luckily, he only had 2 more classes today and then he was free to do whatever he wanted.

‘’I will celebrate on my own. I don’t need them.’’