Tao's House

My Panda Prince...Is A Wolf?

    I paced inside my living room, trying to figure out what was wrong with Tao. I picked up my phone, looking for messages and found none. I called Chanyeol, wondering if he had any idea what was wrong with Tao. 
    "Chanyeol?" Chanyeol's phone connected after the third try. His voice was sleepy when he answered, yawning repeatedly. 
    "Do you know what time it is?" Chanyeol asked. I nodded, and realized he couldn't see me. 
    "Yeah, do you know where Tao lives?" I asked quickly, rolling my eyes at Chanyeol's snort. 
    "Can we say desperate?" Chanyeol asked. I growled in frustration, throwing myself down on the couch. 
    "No, he seemed really sick a few minutes ago and ran home. I want to go see if he's alright." I said, checking my watch. It was already 11:45 pm, and I hoped Tao got home okay. 
    "Sujin, I need you to listen to me." Chanyeol said gravely, deadly serious for the first time. "Do not go find Tao." 
    "What?" I said, determining he was insane. "Chanyeol, he's sick. I need to make sure he got home alright." 
    "No, Sujin! Don't go find Tao, he'll be fine." Chanyeol said, sounding like he was moving around. "Shut up, I'm on the phone." 
    "What?" I said, confused. 
    "No, not you. Sehun, go to sleep! Why are you still awake watching tv?!" Chanyeol shouted, making me pause. 
    "Why is Sehun at your house?" I asked, forgetting Tao for a moment. 
    "We live together. All of us: me, Sehun, Baekhyun, Suho, Kai and D.O." Chanyeol said. "Tao lives with his friends too." 
    "Back to Tao, do you know what's wrong with him?" I asked, hearing Chanyeol sigh. 
    "Yeah. Now stay put, I'm driving over to your place." Chanyeol said. I shook my head, frowning. 
    "No, don't come over. Just tell me how to get to Tao's place. And what's wrong with him." I demanded, slipping on my shoes and a coat. Jia was asleep, and I was being careful not to wake her. 
    "Tao has a rare condition. All of his friends have it too." Chanyeol said. I heard the car starting and pouted. 
    "Where do they live?" I asked. 
    "No! I won't tell you, Tao wouldn't want you to see him like this." Chanyeol said. "I'll be there in a sec, don't do anything unusually stupid." 
    "No—" Chanyeol hung up on me, making me snort angrily. "Oh, come on!"
    I looked at my phone screen, finding Tao's phone number. The phone rang endlessly, and I was finally patched through to an answering machine. 
    "Tao, this is Sujin. I hope you're okay, won't you pick up? Please call me back when you get this." I clicked off, hearing a knock on my front door. 
    "I told you not to come." I said, turning away from Chanyeol. He shrugged, walking in behind me. He was wearing plaid sweatpants and a grey tank top, rubbing his sleep-tousled black hair. Chanyeol collapsed on my couch, looking at me. 
    "You can't go see him now." Chanyeol said strongly, crossing his arms. I sat down next to him with a huff, rolling my eyes. 
    "Why not, he seemed really sick!" I said, making Chanyeol nod. 
    "Tao gets sick every so often, it's nothing to worry about." Chanyeol said, and I frowned. 
    "What's wrong with him?" I asked, making Chanyeol look at me softly. He seemed much older than 16 when he looked at me, his eyes holding the wisdom of centuries. 
    "Wrong? Nothing's wrong with Huang Zitao. He's simply different." Chanyeol said, speaking softly, almost tenderly. 
    "Okay, what's different about him?" I asked. Chanyeol shrugged, sitting back, his ageless moment gone. 
    "Not my story to tell." Chanyeol said, immediately leaning back and falling back asleep. I frowned, tapping my fingers on my bicep. 
    I was going to find Tao and check up on him. Okay, I'm starting to sound like a stalker. I'm not a stalker, just a very concerned friend. Yeah, great defense for the courts!
    I slowly inched my hand into Chanyeol's pocket, ignoring him when he shifted. I fished out his phone carefully, opening it and finding the contacts app. I found Kris (Wu Yifan) and the address listed under home. 
    Walking out of the house with my coat, I found a street map outside and started to follow it. Chanyeol was still sound asleep when I left, and I had full confidence he wouldn't wake up. I followed the street maps for about an hour, finally reaching a large mansion. 
    My mouth dropped open, the mansion was huge. A large fence surrounded it and I climbed over the gate carefully. The mansion looked deserted, with no lights on. Well duh, it was fricken 12:45 in the morning!
    I walked up to the front door carefully, knocking three times. I waited, and the door swung open suddenly. A figure hovered behind the door, staying in the shadows. 
    "Tao?" I said, trying to look at the figure. He shook his head, I could tell the figure was male, and spoke in a low voice. 
    "Sujin, you should go." Kris said, his voice low and rough. I remembered Chanyeol saying Tao's friends were like him, and wondered what was wrong with Kris. 
    "Kris, I just need to know if Tao's okay." I said, freezing when a loud yell sounded from inside the house. 
    "Sujin, leave!" Kris tried to slam the door, but I slid inside past him. "Sujin!" Kris called, running after me. Another anguished scream cut through the house, and a current of fear thrummed through me. I ran down the hall, hearing Kris' heavy footsteps behind me. 
    "What's going on?" I asked, turning to Kris when he caught my arm and pulled me to a stop. "Who's screaming?" I asked, hearing Kris sigh. 
    "Tao. Chen. Lay. Lu Han. Xiumin. Me." Kris said softly, making me jerk my arm back. "What are you talking about?"
    "Sujin, you need to leave before they find you. Go back home and go to sleep, forget this happened." Kris said urgently, a note of kindness in his voice. He kept his face tilted away, refusing to look at my eyes. 
    "Kris, look at me." I grabbed his chin, trying to get him to look at me and jerked my hand back in shock. His eyes glowed blue, shining like lights in the dark hallway. Large canines gleamed from behind his lips, shining in the moonlight. 
    "What the !" I exclaimed, jumping back. Kris stepped forward, trying to grab me and I screamed. 
    "No, don't let them hear you!" Kris exclaimed, backing me against a wall. 
    "Get away!" I grabbed a large decorative vase and held it above my head for protection. Kris gave me a wounded look before scanning the hallway. 
    "Too late, they're coming." Kris said, making me gasp. 
    "Who's coming?!" I asked, making Kris look back at me. I cringed at his eyes, very overwhelmed. 
    "The others."

Holy crap, the tension is high! Everyone, please comment and tell me what you think...until next time! XD
—Taoris95