Running Away

My Panda Prince...Is A Wolf?

    Chanyeol and I walked out of the movie theater, laughing as he recounted scenes from the movie. We had a seen a romantic comedy, and Chanyeol was having fun mocking the actors. 
    "I can't believe I let you drag me to that movie!" Chanyeol cried, making me laugh. I smacked his arm indignantly, throwing away our empty popcorn box. 
    "You're the one who wanted to see it!" I exclaimed. "I wanted to see that action movie." Chanyeol rolled his eyes, nodding, and I laughed. 
    "Ready to go home?" Chanyeol asked, making me nod. He led me to his car, and we drove quickly to my house. 
    "Thanks for everything." I said, giving Chanyeol a hug. He hugged me back, climbing back into his car with a smile. 
    "Anytime. Tell Tao hi for me." Chanyeol said, speeding off. I went inside, logging onto my computer and surfing the internet for a few hours. Jia was away running errands, and I was free to just relax. My phone buzzed on the table next to me, and I picked it up, wondering who had texted me. 
Hey. ~ Tao
How's your arm? ~ Sujin
Fine. Thanks for asking. ~ Tao 
No problem. What are you doing? ~ Sujin 
Do you want to go out for dinner? ~ Tao 
Sure! What time? ~ Sujin 
How about now? ~ Tao 
    My doorbell rang and I laughed. Running to answer it, Tao stood on my doorway with a sheepish smile. I laughed again and Tao shrugged. 
    "What took you so long?" I joked, and Tao rubbed his neck. 
    "I wanted to see you." Tao said. "Since it's too early to eat now, what about we study in the park?" 
    "That sounds great. Come in while I get my stuff." I said, stepping back. Tao slipped off his shoes and sat down on the floor. I packed my school books in my backpack and went back out to where Tao was sitting—or currently sleeping. 
    "Tao." I nudged him with my foot and he rolled over. "Oh come on." Tao looked up, rubbing his eyes, and smiled. 
    "Sorry. Let's go." Tao said. He reminded me of a puppy, the way he could sleep anywhere. We walked outside and Tao led me back to the park. It was empty by now and we had about an hour until dinner time. 
    "Here." Tao led me to a park bench, sitting down next to me comfortably. I took out my books, feeling him scoot closer. 
    "So, do you want to work on—" a loud snore interrupted me and I looked at Tao. He was sound asleep next to me, his mouth hanging open. His arm was curled around the back of the bench and I leaned against his chest. I laughed, letting my books fall back into my bag and curled farther against Tao. He smiled sleepily, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and we both fell asleep.  

    I woke up with a start, pleasantly warm and happy. I looked around, momentarily confused as I saw the park. It was dark outside, the only light coming from the stars and full moon. I nudged Tao next to me, and he startled awake. 
    "We fell asleep?" Tao asked. "What time is it?" Tao looked flustered, his gaze flickering first from my face to the moon above us. 
    "Ten-ish." I said, looking down at my watch. Tao shuddered next to me, touching his arm carefully. "How's your arm?" I said, starting to unwrap the bandage. 
    "It's fine! Come on, we need to get you home." Tao said, standing quickly and walking quickly with me towards my house. 
    "Tao, are you okay?" I asked, noting a sheen of sweat on his face. His eyes flickered left and right, shining when the headlights of a passing car hit them. 
    "I'm fine." Tao said, sighing with relief when we reached my doorstep. I examined his face in the light by my doorway. He was pale, shaking in the cold night. 
    "You're burning up." I felt his forehead worriedly. "Are you sick? Come inside." Tao shook his head vigorously, turning away. His hand lingered on my arm and I looked down at the exposed cut on his arm. 
    "Wait, your arm!" I said as Tao started walking away. He flicked the hood of his jacket up, looking up at me expectantly. 
    "What?" Tao asked, looking towards the end of the street. I wondered what was wrong with him. 
    "Sujin, I'll call you tomorrow, I need to go!" Tao called, running away. I remained on my doorway, watching him run away faster than anyone I had ever seen. 
    "But, your arm!" I called, my voice fading to a whisper. "It was all healed."   

Dun dun dun! Dramatic music! How is Tao healed? More in the next update, tell me what you think! Thanks!
—Taoris95