Rescue

My Panda Prince...Is A Wolf?

SUJIN'S POV

    I woke up late, at 11:00, and rolled over. The events of last night hit me like a brick and I heard someone knocking at my door. I stood up, still fully dressed, and saw Jiyong standing there. Everyone had stayed the night at Kris' massive mansion, ready to carry out the rescue mission tonight. 
    "Yes?" I said, giving Jiyong a small smile. He didn't return it, instead holding up a piece of paper. 
    "Kai's gone." Jiyong said, frowning while I read the paper. 

Went to get fever medicine, be back before 9:00. —Kai
    "He still isn't back?" I asked, Jiyong shaking his head. I followed him down to the living room where everyone was gathered. Only D.O. and Baekhyun hadn't been taken, and they huddled together on the couch. 
    "He was the second youngest." Baekhyun murmured to D.O., loud enough for everyone else to hear. 
    "We need to move faster than I thought. I'm calling SHINee." TOP said, disappearing into the kitchen. 
    "What are we missing?" Chen asked, sitting up. He looked much better, the bruises on his cheek fading. 
    "First Chanyeol, then Kris. Then Suho, Sehun, Tao and Kai. The only one who doesn't fit is Chanyeol. Why would they take him first, he's in the middle with his age?" Lu Han said. Xiumin nodded, looking around. Chen winced, and Xiumin checked his forehead for a temperature. 
    "Baekhyun, could you go wake Lay up to check on Chen?" Lu Han asked, making Baekhyun nod. Apparently, they had put away their differences completely. 
    "We're obviously missing something..." Xiumin trailed off, tapping his fingers against his lip. We were all quiet, thinking, when Baekhyun ran back in.  
    "Lay's gone too!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Lu Han jumped to his feet, looking shocked. TOP also stood, going to the kitchen to look for Lay. 
    "I can't believe this. Kris, Suho, Chanyeol, Tao, Kai, Sehun, Key and now Lay! We must be missing something!" Lu Han said. D.O. sat up suddenly, grabbing a piece of paper. 
    "Wait, say that again." D.O. said, writing down the names on a piece of paper. Next to them, he wrote their powers. 
    "Look at this." D.O. said, showing us what he had written. "Kris and Suho were leaders, the people who would organize an attack. Tao, Sehun and Kai were the maknaes, the future of the pack and clan. Lay can heal people, Chanyeol can control heat. Chen can control lightning, which is another heat source, and they tried to take him!"
    "It's a pattern." Xiumin said, looking up. "They must need heat for something. They didn't take Lu Han and I even though we're the oldest because we control frost and people's minds." 
    "So, now we know who they want next. Chen, be extra careful. You too D.O." Lu Han said, making them nod. 
    "SHINee will be here in a few hours, and let me tell you, they are pissed at whoever took Key." TOP said. "Chen, how are you feeling?" 
    "I'm fine. We figured out the pattern." Chen said, relaying the message to TOP. TOP nodded, and Jiyong revised the attack plan accordingly. 
    "Everyone, get some sleep. We'll need our full strength to do this." Lu Han said. We all made ourselves comfortable in the living room, not wanting to be alone. I closed my eyes, drifting off, and prayed everything would be okay. 

    We woke at 5:00, eating an early dinner and getting dressed for the fight. I just sat in the living room, watching everyone rush around. It wasn't like I had a bullet proof vest to go suit up in like TOP, or a million knives to stuff into my boots like Jiyong. 
    "Here." Lu Han appeared in front of me, holding out a handgun and holster. I shook my head but he pressed them into my hands. "You'll need protection."
    "Fine." I said. I admired my friends, who looked truly ready for war. D.O. and Baekhyun were wearing tight black jeans and leather vests, armed to the teeth. All the werewolves had flexible bulletproof vests and thick fingerless gloves. Lu Han flexed his hands, his claws appearing and disappearing as he tested his mobility. 
    The bell rang and Xiumin opened it, exposing a group of four men. They walked inside, wearing loose black pants and shirts, their boots clicking on the wood floor. 
    "Jonghyun." Xiumin said, greeting one man with blonde and brown hair. Jonghyun nodded, his friends following him. The elves all had brilliantly bright emerald eyes and pointed teeth, surveying the room cautiously. One wasn't wearing shoes, another had left his shirt at home. Thick leather straps held numerous knives in place on his chest and he nodded at me when he caught me staring. 
    "This is Sujin. You can trust her." Lu Han said. The elves bowed, nodding to me. Their pointed ears stood out, and I wondered how they hadn't been noticed on the street. 
    "I'm Minho." the shirtless elf stated, bowing. I nodded, the barefoot one introducing himself as Taemin. The last one was Onew, who was shy. 
    Jiyong, Lu Han and Baekhyun explained the plan to the elves, the rest of us waiting. Once everyone was ready, we all took to the streets. Taemin carried me, running next to everyone with incredible speed. 
    After about 10 minutes we reached the large building, stopping outside. D.O. focused hard, stomping his foot down on the ground and cracking the door wide open. Jiyong and Baekhyun each drew a knife, TOP's hands sparked and the elves drew long swords in unison. The werewolves snapped out their claws, teeth growing, and I grabbed my gun. 
    Flooding inside the dark warehouse, Jonghyun and Minho easily dispatched three Black Knights. Baekhyun shone light inside, making it as bright at the outside day. We each saw six hallways, splitting up to check them out. 
    TOP and Jiyong took the first, Baekhyun and D.O. took the second, Chen and Lu Han took the third, Jonghyun and Taemin took the fourth, Xiumin and Onew took the fifth, and Minho took the sixth with me. We crept along silently, reaching a room at the end of the hallway. 
    Minho kicked the door open, revealing a small room with three guards. Minho killed the men quickly, his long sword swinging in a deadly arc. I gulped, seeing how easily he took their lives. TOP was right about how protective the elves were of each other. 
    I saw a small door in the back of the room and swung it open. A figure lay on the floor, wrists and ankles chained to the wall. I walked forward, seeing another figure next to the first. Minho walked in behind, rushing forward. 
    "Key!" Minho cried, embracing the second figure. I also walked forward, seeing Tao lying motionlessly, his eyes closed, soaked in blood. 
    "Tao!" I said, grabbing his hand. He was cold as ice, not responding. "Tao, wake up." I said, seeing Minho shaking Key. 
    "They won't wake up!" Minho exclaimed, using his sword to hack at Key's chains. I tugged on Tao's chains as hard as I could, not budging them one bit. I heard a metallic click, thinking I had shifted the chains, and paused. 
    "Get down!" Minho jumped on top of me, covering me with his body as the loud sound of gunfire filled the room. Minho was breathing heavily by ear, groaning slightly in pain, and whispered in my ear. 
    "When I count to three, roll to your right. Ready, one..." Footsteps echoed through the chamber, getting closer. "Two..." Minho shifted and I felt the cold steel of his sword press into my arm, almost as cold as Tao. 
    "Three!" Minho shouted, jumping up and turning. I spun out of the way, seeing a very surprised Black Knight looking directly into Minho's eyes. Minho gave his sword a brutal twist, yanking it out of the knight's chest, and running his hands through the man's pockets when he fell. 
    "Gotcha." Minho held up keys triumphantly, unlocking Key and Tao quickly. He threw Key over his shoulders, also shouldering Tao. 
    "Come on!" Minho exclaimed, running with me out of the cell.