Black Tide

My Panda Prince...Is A Wolf?

    Chen held the lightning in place until he slumped forward, utterly spent. Xiumin caught him, laying him down on the couch and covering him with blanket while the rest of us watch. Lay stirred, but only coughed. We sat back in disappointment, our last hope failing. 
    "I'll made soup." Lu Han said, standing to go to the kitchen. I frowned, wondering what to do next and saw Lay's eyes flicker. He coughed again, sitting up and opening his eyes. 
    "Lu Han!" I exclaimed, making everyone turn. Xiumin was immediately by Lay's side, supporting the smaller man gently. Xiumin wrapped his arms around Lay's shoulders, rubbing his arms to warm him. Lay looked around confusedly, blinking rapidly. 
    "It worked!" I said, smiling. Now that Lay was back he could heal everyone and this would all be over. I looked back to him, seeing Lay was dozing in Xiumin's arms. Xiumin raised a finger to his lips, beckoning for us to be quiet. 
    "No, you have to wake him up so he can heal everyone else, so he can heal Tao." I said desperately, reaching forward to shake Lay awake. Baekhyun caught my arm, instead wrapping me up in a hug. 
    "Lay can't heal anyone right now, he has to rest first. Give him half an hour and TOP will be up in time to help him." Baekhyun said soothingly, reminding me he was just as worried about Chanyeol as I was about Tao. I nodded, instead kneeling on the floor by Tao and putting his head in my lap. 
    I his hair, trying to keep him warm. Tao shivered, coughing, and I looked over at Lay. It had been an hour now, and the others were on the brink of death. Xiumin shook Lay and TOP awake, leading them first to Kris and Suho. 
    Lay put his hands on Kris' chest, TOP mimicking him by Suho. They took a deep breath together, breathing out together and closing their eyes. TOP's hands showered sparks, Lay's eyes changing color as Suho and Kris' face flushed with color. They took a deep breath together, and I felt the heat radiating from them. TOP and Lay nodded to each other, moving on to Chanyeol and Sehun. They continued moving through people until everyone was just peacefully sleeping except for Tao.
    "Together?" Lay asked, looking grey with exhaustion. TOP nodded, looking just as tired, and they placed their hands on top of each other on Tao's chest. 
    "One...two...three." TOP counted, both him and Lay focusing at the same time. Sparks flew but nothing else was happening. Lay gave a small gasp and collapsed, completely drained. TOP kept trying as Lu Han picked up Lay and set him down gently farther away. Finally TOP sat back, shaking his head and breathing heavily. 
    "I'm sorry, I can't. Not by myself." TOP said, looking at me regretfully. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, falling onto Tao. 
    "No." I said. TOP nodded his head sadly. "No. He's not—you have to—why?!" I cried, Baekhyun pulling me to my feet away from Tao. I buried my head in his shoulder and sobbed, finally giving up hope. 
    "And there's no way to save him?" I asked, looking at TOP. TOP opened his mouth, giving me a hard look, but Baekhyun stopped him. 
    "TOP, don't say it. You know it won't end well." Baekhyun said. I shook my head, willing to try anything. 
    "TOP, tell me or I'll never forgive you." I said, looking from Tao to TOP. TOP nodded, sighing from the very depths of his soul. 
    "There is a way. But it's very dangerous, you could die." TOP said. I shook my head, sitting down next to him and Tao. 
    "Tell me." I said, urging TOP on. 
    "You lend me the strength I need to heal Tao. But I don't know how much I need and I can't stop once I start." TOP said. "I don't think we should—"
    "Do it." I said. I held my hand out, taking TOP's hand and held Tao's hand with my other. "Without Tao my life is useless. Take my strength, take my life, just save him." I said. TOP shook his head, but I scowled. 
    "Sujin, you don't know what you're doing—" Baekhyun said, starting forward. I looked at TOP. 
    "I know I'll die. Please do this, for me." I said. TOP nodded solemnly, taking my hand. He closed his eyes, touching his hand to Tao's chest. I felt a tug in my chest and welcomed it, closing my eyes and kissing Tao's forehead. 
    "Forgive me." I whispered, letting a black tide rise up and swallow me whole, dragging me down into its depths. 
    I swam through black murky water, my heartbeat slowing, my veins filling with ice. My head felt fuzzy, making me feel like I was floating. With Tao as my last thought, I died.