The Others

My Panda Prince...Is A Wolf?

    "The others." Kris' eyes sparked dangerously as he looked down the hallway. I looked up at him, scared out of my mind. Others like him?
    "What others?" I asked. Kris shushed me, taking my arm gently in his hands. His fingers were tipped with long silver claws, but he was careful not to cut me. 
    "There's no time now. Hide in here." Kris led me to a large old ball room, bolting the door closed and turning to look at me. 
    "Stay quiet." Kris said, making me nod. I pressed myself up against the opposite wall, watching Kris push a decorative wood chest in front of the door. We were both silent, Kris tense and waiting. I was terrified, my breath coming in short gasps, when the sound of heavy footsteps sounded outside the room. 
    "Whatever you do, don't draw attention to yourself." Kris said. I nodded, gasping when the wood door shuddered under the force of a blow. Another blow shook it, making the chest fly backward and the door fly open. 
    A dark figure leapt through the open doorway, a low growl filling the room. Kris snarled in reply, walking over in front of me. I gasped, noting the figure's glowing eyes and fangs. The figure bounded towards me, stopped by Kris. 
    "Xiumin! Get it together!" Kris yelled, shoving Xiumin back. Three more figures bounded through the doorway, all with glowing eyes. Kris whirled, trying to keep all of them in his sight. 
    "Stop! Don't hurt her, Tao will kill you!" Kris warned, looking up when a tall shadow strode into the room. "Tao." 
    Tao lifted his head, revealing his own red eyes, and snarled. He picked up Xiumin, throwing him into a wall, and did the same to Lu Han and Lay. Tao came to a stop crouched in front of me, baring his canines furiously. 
    "Stay away from her!" Tao warned, earning a submissive whimper from Xiumin. Lu Han slunk away, same with Lay. Only Chen, Tao and Kris remained in the ballroom with me. I stayed against the wall, breathing hard. 
    Kris murmured something to Chen, who nodded and bounded away on all fours. Tao remained turned away from me, concealing his face in the shadowy light. Kris looked at me carefully, blinking until his eyes returned to normal. His teeth shrunk, and Kris touched my shoulder gently. 
    "Are you alright?" Kris asked. I looked at him incredulously, still processing what I has seen. 
    "What the hell just happened?" I asked, looking from Kris to where Tao knelt on the ground with his back to me. 
    "Tao has some explaining to do." Kris said. He walked away, leaving Tao and I alone. Tao still wouldn't look at me, and I slid down the wall until I was sitting down. 
    "Tao." I said, trying to get his attention. He stayed turned away, refusing to look at me. "Tao, you have to talk to me sometime." I knelt down next to him, using a gentle hand on his chin to tilt his head towards me. Tao looked away, refusing to meet my gaze. His eyes were normal, but his teeth were still sharper than normal. 
    "Tao, are you alright?" I asked, making Tao look at me. He looked so heartbroken my own heart ached. 
    "Are you hurt?" Tao spoke in a whisper, looking at me carefully. I gave him a shaky smile, not wanting him to look so sad. 
    "I'm fine. Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked, seeing a long cut on Tao's side. Xiumin had cut Tao with his claws when Tao threw him, perhaps unintentionally. 
    "I'm fine. I'll heal." Tao stayed silent for a moment. "I guess I should get you home." Tao said, standing carefully. 
    "Okay. Is it safe?" I asked. Tao touched my cheek with his hand gently, trailing his hand to my forehead. He nodded. 
    "They won't touch you now." Tao said. I gave him a strange look at he led me to the hallway. 
    "Why?" I asked, keeping my eyes open for more of Tao's friends. None showed, and Tao gestured me through the front door. 
    "Um...you smell like me." Tao said awkwardly, refusing to meet my eyes. He led me out the gate, opening it and walking down the street. 
    "Oh. Well..." I said, following Tao. "What are you?" 
    "We're wolves." Tao said. He wouldn't look at me still, and it was making me uncomfortable. 
    "But, you still looked like men...sort of." I said, making Tao shrug. 
    "We hadn't fully shifted. We can kind of control it, but not very well yet. Some more than others." Tao said. I stopped with him outside my house, stopping Tao from walking away. 
    "Thank you for protecting me." I said, making Tao nod. "Could you—could you show me your eyes again?" Tao looked at me, surprised, and I was a little shocked at myself. 
    "What?" Tao asked. I nodded, gesturing for him to go ahead. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, they glowed green. They flashed once before returning to brown, and I touched his cheek softly. 
    Tao flinched at my touch, turning away. He closed his eyes, his face full of pain. I smiled, letting my hand stay on his cheek. 
    "So beautiful." I said, making Tao look at me in surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean—" I stepped back, embarrassed. I just told a werewolf that his eyes were beautiful? This night was getting weirder. 
    "It's just that they're so beautiful, just like the rest of you." I said, making Tao meet my eyes for the first time that night. 
    "You can't think that. I'm a monster, all of us are monsters." Tao said painfully, looking at me. 
    "You're not a monster. Never." I said, making Tao smile. "This doesn't change anything. We're still friends, maybe more." I said. 
    "And I'll never tell anyone." I was interrupted by Tao wrapping me up in a hug. He kissed my forehead, looking at me closely. 
    "Kim Sujin, will you be my girlfriend?" Tao asked, looking at me. I smiled, nodding my head. 
    "Yes!" I exclaimed, making Tao's eyes flash a light blue. He laughed, picking me up and swinging me around. 
    "You're not scared of me?" Tao asked as an afterthought, making me smack his head lightly. 
    "I know you would never hurt me. Or your friends. They were just not themselves tonight." I said. Tao laughed, nodding his head. 
    "Sujin, thank you for everything." Tao set me down, lifting two fingers to his mouth and blowing me a kiss. He walked backwards to the end of the block, staring me. His eyes shone once more from the darkness and Tao disappeared. 
    I walked inside, thoroughly exhausted. I turned and saw a wide-awake Chanyeol staring at me from the couch. 
    "What happened?" Chanyeol asked, giving me a look that meant he knew everything. 
    "I saw them for who they were." I said. Chanyeol frowned, taking a deep breath. "What?"
    "Tao's scent, it's on you." Chanyeol said. "You met him?" 
    "Yes. How did you know?" I asked, looking closely at Chanyeol. He shrugged, looking back at me.
    "I'm a vampire. All my friends are." Chanyeol said matter-of-factly. I sat down next to him on the couch heavily. 
    "Are you going to drink my blood?" I asked, way too done with this to care. Chanyeol laughed next to me. 
    "No! I haven't drunk from a human in centuries." Chanyeol laughed. I rolled my eyes, using his shoulder as a pillow. 
    "Then I'm going to sleep." I said, smiling when Chanyeol wrapped his arm snugly around my shoulders. I knew his white teeth were too perfect to be real!
    I was sound asleep quickly, more tired than I had ever been before. Chanyeol fell asleep against me, and we would stay this way until the morning. 

OMO, the feels! What does everyone think! Werewolf Tao and vampire Chanyeol! Please comment, upvote or subscribe! 
—Taoris95