Key Chain

Her World All Alone

Chapter 3

"Will you go out with me?"

 Another confession, another man boy.

“And why should I?” She questions him

“Because I really like you!”

 She rolls her eye. Please

"No" She answers lazily

 He grows defiant at her indifferent tone "Why not?! I like you! I may even be in love with you!"

 Her gaze sharpened at the word love

"You love me?"

 He stutters "I-I.. Yes. Yes I do"

 This game was too much for her

 "How many times have you been in love?" She asked, voice cool

His voice faltered "Wha- what?"

At that she picked up her things" I know about you Myungsoo, wasn't it just the other day that you were going out with Eunji- ah?” She pushed herself out of her seat “And I'm pretty sure I saw you out with Taemin's girlfriend Naeun" she casually remarks.

 Myungsoo's face resembled a fish "Wait! You got that wrong! I didn-"

She cut him off with a scoff "And love? Did you love them too? Please, that word means nothing to me and I'm going to be nice when I say this- you, Kim Myungsoo, are pathetic."

Her voice carried on in the classroom, all eyes turned towards the ex-Queen.

Myungsoo's face is bright red in embarrassment... Or was it anger.

“You think you’re so high and mighty but face it Suzy you’re nothing anymore!”

Suzy face turns cold “Bae Suzy isn’t nothing, especially in the eyes of someone like you”.

Her heels clicked as she made her way to the door not before glancing back at her old friends. Taemin stood angry as Naeun tried to explain herself frantically- her words caught in for she had no excuse. She scanned over Jiyoung and Hyeri faces that looked conflicted. Sehun glanced at her in worry and something else but didn't make a move towards her. Jieun didn’t even look up from her book. Suzy’s eyes met Krystal's stare. She gazed down at the intertwined hands of hers and Jongin’s on the desks. He looked up when he felt her stare and followed her eyes. Out of instinct, he opened his fingers but stopped and sighed as he kept them locked. Krystal's hand tighten around his. Without as much as a blink, Suzy opened the door and walked out, leaving a chaos in the room.

 ....…

That was sad. People are so sad. Relationships were useless. People were going to leave you and you can't keep them forever. The world keeps changing and they needed to wake up. Suzy fumbled with the key chain on her bag. It was ballet shoes and she smiled at the memory

Flashback-

“You are coming with me and that's final" Jongin declared as he walked back into her room with a water bottle

Suzy huffed "I only allowed you to come over since you said you were going to study with me" she took a sip of his water and he smiled

“We just had an indirect kiss Suji ah" his face grinning wider when he used her real name

"Shut up, we've kissed before" she covered her cheeks willing them to not blush so hard

Jongin chucked and ruffled her hair "Now now Suji what were you thinking of"

She rolled her eyes" go away you're distracting me"

Jongin started pulling her off the bed "That's my job"

Suzy sighed loudly and Jongin smiled for he knew he just won " whatever, let's go. But only for an hour!"

Jongin barely heard her as he rushed to the door pulling on his shoes "Let’s go go go~"

So they went. Jongin wanted to take Suzy on a walk through the streets, passing by cute couple stores. This was one of the rare moments when they could hang out, not because they didn't want to but Suzy didn't really like going out much. So he wanted to enjoy the time he had with her. In his own world he failed to realize that Suzy stopped and was looking at key chains through the glass window. She walked in and pushed the door opened making the bell ring which prompted Jongin to turn around.

 "Suzy ah?" He walked back down the street in search of the brunette and saw Suzy looking at the key chains behind the glass. "Aish that girl"

 He walked in the shop and observed how each person in the store were girls and were giving him suggestive looks but quickly stopped when he made his way to Suzy. They sighed in defeat- no match for the beautiful girl.

 Suzy was too immersed in the key chains and one in particular that when a knock to her head came she yelp

 "Ahh! Oppa! What was that for?" Suzy whined and Jongin widened his eyes at the word 'Oppa'

 "Did you just call me Oppa?" Jongin asked

 Suzy blushed "No you're mistaken pabo. I- I didn't say that" she turned around and picked a keychain.

 Jongin smiled sweetly and back hugged her.

 "Hmmm so my yeoja chingu called me Oppa. I like it" he whispered in her ear making her blush even more. The one person that can make Suzy blush was Jongin and he liked that fact.

 "Should Oppa get that for you?" He points to the ballet slipper key chain in her hands. "You know it reminds me of me"

 The comment made Suzy turn around in his embrace. "That's why I like it" she said playing with the chain in her hands"

 "Pabo" Jongin knocks her head with his, resting his forehead on hers. They both sigh in content with their position, eyes closed and just enjoying the other.

"Come on I'll get it for you"

 End of flashback

It made her feel weak that something as silly as a key chain made her remember him. The past needs to say there. She continued walking down the hall when footprints perked her ears up. And she figured who it would be. Without turning around she stopped and called out

"You know if you keep following me they are going to think something’s up Jae”

 Jaebum showed up beside her and they took on walking down the hall towards the music section.

“That’s why it’s a secret~ “Jaebum replies.

They end up standing in front of the piano room and Suzy shoots Jaebum an accusatory look but follows him inside.

Suzy sits on the bench of the piano, her hands lightly fluttering over the keys. Hands itching to play the instrument but her movements halt and her shoulders slump. The action doesn’t go unnoticed

“You know, it’s not a sin to play it again. I’m sure she’ll understand”

She couldn’t possibly when she’s not even here anymore

“What do you need Jaebum shi?”

Jaebum sharply drew in his breath on the shi “I visited her yesterday and she’s been wondering about you”

He strides over and sits on the bench, leaving a small but comfortable enough space in between

“How could I? It’s too painful” Suzy has to catch herself before her voice cracks. She will not let anyone see her cry. What good are tears? How will they solve anything?

“She doesn’t blame you”

“Everyone else does”

Jaebum can’t argue with that.

“I don’t blame you Suzy. I’m still here” He reaches for her hand but she pulls them on her lap and glares at him

“You don’t blame me yet you want to keep this” She points to herself and him “a secret. ‘Friends’ you call us. Yeah sure ‘friends’. Aren’t you the one who first yelled at me before you knew anything? Weren’t you the one that stood beside them when they started pushing me away?! You were one of my oldest friends but what did you do to me? So yeah continue to call us friends if you can utter that word out of your mouth before choking.”

Suzy slams her hands on the keys causing a loud note to play out. Jaebum flinches. She walks out on him “Friends? No such thing exists”.

Jaebum covers his head in his hands. She’s right though. How could have I have done those things to her?