Stuck with you

Her World All Alone

(haha well majority rules.....or does it? )

An hour before:

“……………” The whole class was curious at the sudden stop of words from Kai. He was announcing the accompanying vocalist when he paused mid-way and has for the past minute been staring at the piece of paper in his hand. Krystal put down the bowl she was holding and not so discreetly nudged Kai very hard on the side.

“Ah um” he cleared his throat, seemingly surprised that he was standing up in the front of the class. Krystal pointed to the paper in his hand and gestured to the students “Well? Who is it?”

Kai no longer flustered but unnerved mumbled quietly to himself

“Yah Kim Kai! Speak properly, you know no one can understand you!” Krystal’s temper was short, very short. Suzy took her focus off the trees and lazily looked at the front of the room where Krystal was trying to forcibly take the name from Jongin’s hands, the very one he was trying to throw away before anyone noticed.

“So childish” Suzy commented and the person next to her gave a soft chuckle. Before she had the chance to ask the person who exactly the hell he was to laugh, her name was called.

“Huh?”

The entire class was looking at her, some nodding, some had admiration in their eyes but most had unreadable expressions on their face. Blank.  Well hot damn, don’t want to see all your ugly faces either.

 “Bae Su ji” Jongin said once again, having trouble getting it out of his throat. He was staring straight at her frowning, not at all liking the situation he just made. She frowned right back at him.

“Kim Jongin, what?” Hearing his name from her made his frown slightly less deep. Krystal was throwing daggers at her and that’s when Suzy realized the situation. The folded up paper was clenched in Krystal’s hands.

“Ahhhh, I decline~” Suzy said in a sing song voice. Krystal screeched in disbelief that the girl had the nerve to decline the invitation to sing Insolent. The person next to her who was frozen still ever since her name was called, turned around in his seat to properly face her. Sehun

He had hurt written all over him and it reminded Suzy of his confession. Sehun ah. I can’t.

Jongin’s face suddenly had a bright smile shining down on everyone “AH well I’ll just choose again” His hand dug into the bowl fishing for another name with great enthusiasm before Teacher Yoon took away his happiness

“No, it’s decided. Suzy will sing and Sehun will dance. Together they will become a couple. Sehun's dance will be a gift to Suzy as she sings to him. Wonderful.”

Jongin was trying to reason with the teacher that it wasn’t right for her to try and force Suzy to sing if she didn’t want to and Krystal was backing him up. Both had entirely different reasons to object.

Sehun was still eyeing Suzy, not even fazed by the looks the other students were giving them. No matter how much Sehun means meant to her, she was not willing to be hurt again. He choose his path. He can’t take it back. He hasn’t even tried.

She turned back to the teacher “I'm sorry but I won't Seongsang nim”

 

“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” To Kill a Mockingbird page 232

 

FLASHBACK

That night:

Jieun was at it again, flirting with Taemin, and Sulli watched from across the club. Her nails dug into her glass. First it was her best friend Jiyoung and now Jieun- was he going to flirt with all their friends?

"Careful there Ssul or you might hurt yourself" Jaebum took the glass from her hands

"Seems like someone is already doing that" Sulli spat. Jaebum followed her glare

"They're just talking Ssul nothing bad will happen" he reasons

"Did you tell Seoyun that? Because as far as I know Min Jun dumped her and Jieun acted like she did nothing" Sulli's seething now

Well she did have a point but not a strong one, all Jieun did was talk to Min Jun never having the intention to make him leave his girlfriend and try to woo Jieun when all she wanted was notes on a class assignment. Wasn’t her fault that she had that charm and that charm was not helping Sulli out right now. She was feeling insecure about her place with Taemin and now Jieun who had told her about Taemin and Jiyoung was outright flirting with him shamelessly in front of her. Okay flirting wasn't the case since they were just talking but Taemin hadn’t even tried to talk to Sulli since she entered the club and she knows he saw her walk in.

Why is he ignoring me?

"Don't you trust him?"

Did she trust Taemin?

"I don't know, I trusted him with my heart and look at me now" her bottom lip quivered

Jaebum hugged her. "So he didn't say it back huh?"

Sulli shook her head. "He just stared at me! And I felt like a fool"

Jaebum lifted Sulli's head and gave her forehead a kiss. "It'll be okay, I'm going to get you some water it'll calm you down. You don't need any more of this (he shakes the glass) I'll be right back" Jaebum left and Sulli continued to watch her boyfriend and friend, trying to have an open mind about it when Jieun reached up and kissed Taemin on the cheek. He smiled sweetly at her, pinching her cheeks as he laughed lightheartedly. And that’s when Sulli snapped.

End

Present:

She was tapping her foot loudly against the floor as she patiently waited for Teacher Yoon to stop writing on a slip and notice her. She said it before during class and she’ll say it again after

“I said no”

Teacher Yoon never stopped her hand from flying across the paper “I know what you said, and I’ll say this again- I wasn’t asking for your participation, you’ll sing and that’s final.”

Teacher Yoon finally finished and held up her hand for Sehun, who was quietly standing to the side of Suzy. He thanked the teacher grabbing the paper and gave Suzy a timid smile, one she swiped right off with her scoff.

“Seong sang nim, you honestly can’t make me. I have a lot of things going on right now. I have to practice for a piano recital for next month, work on the final performance for this damn class---”

Her words were cut short when the teacher stood up, having the legs of her chair scrape on the floor making that god awful screeching sound erupt. Suzy twitched, the sound was all too familiar and a sound that she hated. It was a sound that only took away.

“You have a duty Miss Bae. You were chosen and believe me if I had gotten to choose, you wouldn’t have been my pick.” Suzy was more than a bit shocked at that statement and Sehun didn’t look up. I’m the best singer in the school, what the hell does she mean she wouldn’t have chosen me?!

“This is an honor- a reward for hard work and there are many other singers who are dying to be in your spot right now, uh uh no interrupting” Suzy hallowed her cheeks “The other students are working night and day to perfect their vocals while you Miss Bae, no matter how well of a singer you are, you lack dedication. My best student yes, but not my most deserving.”

Suzy didn’t know what she was feeling in her stomach, it was a twisting sensation that she had no desire to have. Teacher Yoon’s words, as harsh as they were, were right. Suzy was no longer diligent in any of her studies. She skipped piano classes, basically flushed her voice grade down the toilet for what exactly?

“You are to represent the vocal majors in this school and you will do a good performance because you are on thin ice with me. Do a good performance because you are good. Your bitterness to whatever is not my concern. You may leave.”

Suzy spun around and stiffly made her exist from the classroom, Sehun followed after her like a lost puppy. She reached the end of the hallway where she met the two people she dreaded the most. Jongin and Krystal were leaning against the wall possibly waiting for her? Not knowing for sure but certainly not wanting to talk to them she halted her steps and made a move to walk back down the hallway again where Sehun was jogging to catch after her.  Greeeeaaaat. She was stuck.

Sehun caught up to her and wasn’t surprised to see the others. Her dug into his pocket and pulled out the slip Teacher Yoon gave him. “She signed it” He handed the letter to Krystal, making sure their hands didn’t touch, he didn’t want Suzy to think he still had feelings for the girl.

Krystal nodded curtly and pushed off the wall to stand in front of Suzy.

“Listen, you were the last person I wanted to be joining us for this performance.”

Suzy couldn’t argue, she didn’t want to be here.

“But I can’t change it. Just change your prissy little self into a person for once and not think about yourself. You are just a feature in this production. The dance team isn’t one to have a flaw no matter how big the black hole is”

Suzy kept shut, she didn’t need a fight nor did she want to have one. Teacher Yoon expects the same

“So?”

Jongin found a spot that was directly in between the girls but also facing Sehun. “So, the performance is next Friday so in a week but the dance needs to be made to fit the song- a song that needs to be chosen. Practice will be everyday starting Monday and by Thursday you both need to be ready for sound check Friday morning”

Suzy was staring directly at his face but his eyes were on everything but her. “I get to pick the song?”

“We” Sehun corrected

“And then all he needs to do is dance to it?” Suzy jabbed her thumb in Sehun’s direction.

“Slow aren’t you?” Krystal mused.

Jongin placed a hand on her shoulder, an action Suzy had hard swallowing down. “The song you choose should be one that matters to you because after all you’ll be singing it Suzy”

Suzy she thought not Suji The fact that he called her Suzy was noted in her book. She hated to admit it but she was spacing out. He still had his hand on her shoulder, a hand that Suzy was burning with her eyes.

“I’m leaving” Sehun grabbed her arm to prevent that very desire. And when she sighed with defeat his grip never loosened from her arm. Suzy gazed down at his fingers around her wrists and slowly traced his veins from his arm to the side of his neck were they hid beneath his brown hair. Her eyes drifted to his mole that was below is jaw. Was that always there? It reminded her of her own mole on the wrist he was holding.

Jongin and Krystal were watching the scene with bitterness. Krystal’s at Sehun’s soft eyes on Suzy -not of jealousy but the mere fact Jongin, no matter how hard she tried, never looked at her with such tenderness, no one has. Jongin’s was all jealously and nothing more, the way Suzy was mesmerized by Sehun ripped him inside. Any other guy staring at Suzy was a pest but no threat yet Sehun was. Sehun always was.

“I’ll be working with Sehun for the choreography once the song is chosen” Jongin voice was clipped, not trying to hide the edginess in it. His hands was no longer on Krystal but in his pockets.

“Taemin is busy making sure the other dancers’ routines are making progress so I’m in charge of watching over you both”

Pfft. Babysitting more like it

 “Let’s meet on Monday at 4, that’s when Krystal’s last class is done and make sure you have a song chosen”

Suzy raised an eyebrow “And why does it matter when her class ends?”

Krystal’s smile was golden “If Kai is in charge of the choreography with Sehun, well dear Suzy guess who’s stuck with you?”

I think I mentioned this before but man am I screwed.

 

 

 

(Hello my lovely subbies (is that what they call it? I don't know <(^3^)> ) Thank you all so much for your comments, haha Suzy totally won! Um i will be going to the beach in a of couple days and hopefully upload later this week before i leave but if i don't my bad~ i'm not neglecting this story- i'm just going to be tanning! Whoot whoot! AH and to any of you who are graduating (my old highschool's graduation in next week) or who have already graduated "Congrats!" you have all survived." Kay...........Bye!

That green hair though....haha they're so cute