Flashback

Her World All Alone

 

Chapter two:

There were three in the beginning: Suzy, Jaebum and Sulli.

Suzy met the cousins in elementary school and instantly became friends. Sulli and Suzy bonding over their love for the piano and Jaebum being the only male in the group wasn’t that bad until they reached middle school. Naturally he began to hang out with other boys and Suzy and Sulli found girls to talk to as well. But despite all that, the three remained close. It was Sulli who voiced that Jaebum should introduce his friends that he met in dance class to them and that’s how Sulli and Suzy met Sehun, Taemin and Jongin. It was also in high school when they met Hyeri, Jiyoung and Jieun who were all in the same chorus club as them.

And that’s how the group was formed, a group of talented performers. Taemin and Jongin were captain and co-captain of the boys dance team where Jaebum and Sehun were members of. The girls also had a dance team that Hyeri, Jiyoung participated in. Jaebum and Taemin were also apart of chorus where Ji-eun, Jiyoung and Suzy shined in. Acting had Sulli, Suzy, and Jieun too.

A year later Suzy took in Krystal when she found the girl singing by herself in one of the classrooms during lunch break and decided to befriend her. The ten were known in school not just for being star students but for their strong friendship.

So what happened?

Last September

New school year, new people, old friends and old ways. She was by the court yard, on her way to the vending machine where she was going to buy a water bottle because little her always forgot to bring one. The machine made a loud clunk as it gave out the bottle. She reached her hand out and watched as her bottle was snatched away by another.

“Yah!"

Laughing as he twirled the bottle in the air the snatcher responded “Watch your tone, it’s Oppa to you”

Pfft. You’re only a couple months older than me

She ignored his comment and lunged forward, successfully grabbing the bottle- ceasing his laughter. As she composed herself she glanced over at her companion. Wearing skinny dark wash jeans, a v neck shirt and vans. So casual yet he made himself look so good. She watched him further as he winked at a couple girls passing by. Typical Oh Sehun.

“Hmm alright ‘Oppa’ what do you need so I can leave?”

Faking hurt “How can you be like that towards me”

Their relationship was an odd one. They didn’t hate each other, quite the opposite. Their bickering was just a natural thing to do between the duo.

“Oh Sehun! What is it? I promised to meet the girls”

“You just don’t want to keep Suzy waiting for you. Relax she has a soft spot for you”

That was true, the mighty queen was lenient towards her but that didn’t mean she’d take it for granted. Soon she found herself being dragged towards the café. “Let me go! I have to go--”

“To the café, that’s were Suzy and the others are right now” He cut her off. And she let him. The stares they were getting were making her feel uncomfortable. The whispers increased when they saw their hands were interlocked. She quickly pulled her hand away before they reached the door.

“I can walk just fine, no need to drag me” She opened the door and was soon greeted by the smell of pastries and coffee.  Ooooh!! I want some iced coffee.

“Krystal ah!” A sweet voice called her

Suzy was sitting down on the couch with Sulli, Hyeri, Ji eun, and Jiyoung. The seats that formed a small circle opposing the girls were occupied by Jong-in, Taemin, and Jaebum.

Krystal made her way over with Sehun in tow.

“What took you so long? We said 9 o’clock for some coffee.” Ji eun questioned

It was nine fifteen

Hyeri looked behind Krystal. “Sehun ah! Come sit” Hyeri gestured to the seat next to Jaebum.

Jongin looked up from his phone, “Yo! Is that what took you so long to come?” He pointed towards Sehun

“Why is it my fault?!” Sehun found this offensive “It’s not like I forced her to be late”

Krystal reeled around and poked him hard “You took my water bottle! That’s enough to make me late”

Sehun stuck his tongue out “You call me rude but have you even said hello to Suzy yet?”

Krystal widened her eyes and bowed towards Suzy “Suzy ah! Mianhe! Didn’t mean to be late”

As she stood up she took in Suzy’s appearance. In a white above the knee dress that had little black bowties printed on and, around the collar, a thin black tie. Her hair was in light waves and her make up flawless. She gave off the girly and chic look. Suzy was beautiful. And when Krystal looked down at her cut off shorts and plaid button up shirt- she suddenly felt insecure. But that was a natural thing to feel around the campus’s First Love.

She smiled brightly “It’s okay Krys. We just grabbed some coffee and I got you some too”

The small table in the middle held six iced coffees and two orange juices. “Caramel right?”

Krystal gave a gracious smile before she sat down beside Jiyoung. “Thanks Suzy”

Suzy gave her a nod. “Hunnie, come sit, don’t just stand there”

Sehun made his way over to Suzy and sat down grabbing a juice in the process. “Whosever this is, I’m taking a sip”

Taemin leaned in “That’s Hyeri, but by all means take a sip” He stifled a laugh. Jaebum smirked when Sehun placed the juice back. “I’m feeling coffee-ish now” Then proceeded by leaning over Suzy’s shoulder, taking a sip of the iced coffee in her lap. She turned and gave a flick on his forehead.

“Just because I like you doesn’t mean I’ll let you go easy”

Grumbling while rubbing the pink spot on his forehead Sehun retorts “And you say you like me but cause me pain”

Jong-in speaks up “That’s Suzy for you. Looks like an angel- devil in disguise. You should see the marks she leaves on m--- I’m just joking babe don’t give me that look.”

Suzy rolls her eyes, ignoring Jongin to continue her conversation with Ji eun.

“Well my class starts in ten. I’m heading over. My place tonight? We can head to Exotics later” Sulli states as she picks up her bag. Jaebum stands to walk with her

Choruses of sures and Okays answer her.

“Suzy? You coming?” Heads turn towards their queen. She rarely hangs out with them, aside from the occasional birthday parties and gatherings but clubs?   

“Sorry, not my thing” Suzy announces as she sips on coffee

They all nod their heads not questioning but silently agreeing that one night they were going to take Suzy out to have fun. I mean who doesn’t like to have a good time right?

Well what happens when it takes just one night to turn her whole group of friends against her.