Are you sure?

Her World All Alone

(A/N: Ah i wanted this chapter to turn out better but it's kind of a filler?- but i needed to set up Taemin and Sulli's story and Sehun's inner conflict!! I felt like i was neglecting the boys. I'm sorry >.< '

 

That afternoon:

He opened the door without knocking first for he knew the boy wouldn’t mind and at this point he couldn’t care less. The boy looked bewildered at the sudden intrusion but relaxed when he recognized the honey brown haired boy lying face down on his bed.

“Welcome?”

A grunt was his response and the boy sighed knowing that his best friend was going to give him a headache when he started speaking.

“Not a good day?” he started pulling at the boy’s legs that were dangling over his bed, trying to have the boy at least look at him.

The honey brown haired boy finally gave up and pushed himself on his elbows and gave Jongin a defeated look. “I screwed up”

Jongin laughed and sat on top of Taemin, crushing the boy beneath him. His arms were flailing about and Jongin chuckled one last time before moving aside and sitting correctly on his bed “You ”

Jongin just smiled cheekily at Taemin “Alright now that you are no longer looking pathetic, tell me what you oh –so- royally screwed up on?”

The look was back on his face “I will sit on you again!” and it was gone a second after.

Taemin swung his leg underneath him, leaning against them and sighed deeply “You know what’s going on with my parents right now right?” Jongin nodded “the divorce….it’s, I don’t know. How am I supposed to live with only mom when dad is going to Busan?”

“We talked about this before Minnie, you’ll be fine. Your parents love you and they love each other. It’s not their fault and it’s not yours either.”

Taemin was lying on his back now with his arm over his eyes, listening to his best friend talk “How is it not their fault? They made a vow to love each other. Are promises nothing?” his voice weakened at the end.

“Okay it’s not a crime for your heart to change. It may hurt but that doesn’t mean you don’t care anymore. They will always care for one another but to force yourself to be with them when it’s not right -it's selfish. And love isn’t selfish.”

“Why can’t it?! Huh, how can that just happen? We were all fine and the next thing I knew they announced that they were getting a divorce and that dad was moving away!”

Jongin scratched his head trying to find the right words to say, a frustrated Taemin is troublesome.

“Your parents still love each other but no longer ‘in love’ and that’s okay. Love comes in different versions, their love can continue to survive as friends and that’s not a bad thing at all, it’s brave and honest. What they feel for each other should not affect your view on love Taemin ah. And I know you, you probably doubting it right now. But don’t you love me Taemin? We’re practically brothers!”

Taemin breathed in deeply “But that’s different!”

“How so? Its love isn’t it? If you didn’t believe in love then why are you here right now?”

He didn’t respond and Jongin instantly knew “Sulli?”

Taemin squirmed at the mention of her name and sat up. “This is ridiculous! Just because she told me she loved me shouldn’t make me feel like this?!”

“Like what?”

“Guilty dammit! When she told me that, I didn’t want to hear it because I knew it was lie but…the way she said it and her eyes, Jongin dammit her eyes, they were sparkling! How could I respond to that? Huh? I don’t want to experience falling out of love ever! What if it’s horrible or what if she’s the only one that stops loving? What if I don’t even love her? What if I’m the one lying?! I can’t Jongin I can’t hurt her”

He grabbed his hair during his rant, pulling it out, his frustration was taking a toll-he was practically crying, overwhelmed by his emotions. Jongin smiled sadly. “Taemin ah, you aren’t lying”

The shoulders shaking slowly stopped and Taemin raised his face where his eyes were blood shot red “I’m not?”   

“You’re not because you do love Sulli, you are just afraid to admit it because you don’t want to get hurt. But that’s the thing though, you are going to get hurt. It happens but in relationships its trust that gets you through them. If you can’t trust Sulli with your heart then why are you with her and why did you chose her to be with?”

Taemin crawled over to Jongin and rested his head on his shoulder “Are you sure?”

Are you sure? Would you be fine if another guy went after her?”

“No” Taemin growled

“Then don’t let that happen. She’s probably really hurt right now and you’re the reason behind it”

Taemin didn’t like the feeling he was getting in the pit of his stomach. The image of another guy with Sulli burned him and he didn’t even know what the feeling was. He’s never experienced it before.

Taemin groaned and fell back on the bed “I and you’ve been hanging out too much with Krystal. Suzy isn’t that sappy, go back to her-I’d rather get punched.”

 “Suzy’s been busy, and my advice is good!”

“You’re too sappy for me”

“Shut up!”

“You’re such a girl”

“You were the one crying!”

Taemin opened his mouth to retort but Jongin shushed him

“I will tell you one more thing okay- in life there’s no guarantee about anything. The friends you have and the relationships you are in now, how long do you think they will last? It’s effort, you put effort into the things you love in order to make them last. You are bound to get hurt in life and that’s the thing, is it a risk to take?”

Taemin looked at his hands and remembered how they felt holding Sulli’s.

“Yup I was right, you are a girl”

“And I thought we were having a moment.”

Same time somewhere else:

Sehun and Jaebum were out on the swings, the park by their house. They usually go there after dance practice or when they needed to talk about anything. Jaebum dragged Sehun to it after school because there wasn’t any dance practice on Fridays. They’ve been sitting there swinging back and forth for about five minutes before Sehun stopped.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing, just wanted to enjoy your company, can’t I?”

Sehun kicked pieces of dirt, scuffing up his converse while Jaebum just rocked slowly back and forth.

“If you love someone should you fight for it?”

Jaebum looked over to Sehun “Fight for love or fight against someone else for it?”

“Either way it’s the same but that wasn’t my question-would you fight for it?”

Jaebum his lips, quite unsure how to answer “If it means losing a friend for another, I don’t think so but then again if it’s true and you know it’s right then I’d say go for it……is someone after Krystal too?”

Sehun lowered his head mumbling words along the line of “does everyone think that still? Is that why she was like that? How am I going to prove this?”

Sehun threw his head in his hand and groaned “I’m going to give you some advice, don’t fall in love” He was dead serious and Jaebum was a bit surprised by the harsh tone.

“Um, care to explain?”

Before he could Jaebum’s phone rang and Hyeri’s number was flashing. He skidded his heels on the dirt to stop.

“Yoboseyo?.....Really, tonight? For Sulli…..Suzy’s going?! Well you know I have to go now. Jongin and Taemin too? Yeah I’m with him, kay I’ll tell him. Annyeong”

Jaebum got up from the swing and put his phone in his back pocket. “Come on, you are being too depressed for my liking so we are going out”

Present:

Suzy woke up to a hand on her face and it wasn’t hers. Yesterday’s memories came flooding back before she was going to bite the hand which now she realized was Hyeri’s. Grumbling for she was not a morning person, Suzy flings the arm away from her and stumbles her way to the bathroom, not before squinting her eyes to see the time. Nine am, still too early. My class doesn't even start for another three hours. She splashed water on her face to wake herself up, not that it really worked, she was still tired. After brushing her teeth, Suzy figures she should wake Hyeri up because she remembers that Hyeri wouldn’t wake up if someone didn’t do it for her. When she enters her room the phone next to the bedside table on the side Hyeri was still passed out on, was vibrating. Annoyed at the constant noise and the fact that Hyeri was by no means going to answer it and it will continue to ring, Suzy sighed and slides the phone to the right to answer without looking at the screen.

“Hyeri?!”

 I know that voice…Jaebum? What, why is he calling? Oh my God what do I say? It’s not even for me. Calm down Suzy, calm down.

“Hyeri ah?

She clears before raising the phone to her ear and walking out of her room into the hallway.

“No, she’s sleeping”

The other line went silent and she could hear his breathing “Suji ah?”

She nodded, forgetting he couldn’t see her “Neh”

“Hyeri’s with you? I couldn’t reach her last night and I was worrying and I didn’t know what to do. I called her parents and they said that she was over a friend’s house but not sure whose. It’s not weird to call a friend’s parents right? It’s not weird okay and I guess Hyeri didn’t tell them it was you and I don’t know why, I mean

Jaebum was rambling and it calmed Suzy down to know that he was just as nervous as she was to talk, especially after their last.

“Yeah she slept over last night. Don’t ask why”

Jaebum stopped spitting out words and didn’t say anything afterwards.

Suzy walked down the stairs headed to the kitchen to make some coffee Did he hang up? She checked and the call was still live

“How uh…how are you?” Was Jaebum always this bad at conversing? Suzy shook her head

“Just peachy thanks” She poured the coffee in her mug that had Ian Somerhalder’s face on it. It was a good way to start the day at least.

“I’m sorry that was stupid. I just..don’t know what to say”

“Understandable” She sipped on some coffee and soon worked its magic to wake her up.

“Suzy, would you tell Hyeri when she wakes up to call me?”

“Uh huh” The conversation was coming to an end without any progress in their relationship

“Suzy would it be okay if I…If we could talk sometime?”

Suzy smiled “aren’t we talking right now?”

She could feel him rolling his eyes “still cheeky, but can we? Please? I don’t want us to stay on that page anymore”

“When you’re willing to not hide me from everyone we can”

“I’m not hiding you!”

“But you aren’t exactly showing it either”

“I can’t defend you because you don’t want me to tell them but you aren’t willing to tell them yourself so where does that leave me?”

Suzy rubbed her forehead, it’s too early to be thinking this deep.

“I’m working on it. I may tell Hyeri because she was civil enough to me-maybe she’ll acknowledge me in the halls”

“I’m trying Suzy, you’re not exactly the easiest person to approach now”

“Try harder”

And with that she hung up. Nine fifteen the clock read and all Suzy wanted to do if snuggle in her bed but someone was still occupying it. She placed her mug into the sink and headed upstairs back to her room. Not able to go back to sleep she returned the phone to Hyeri’s sleeping figure and picked up a book to read for a while. Waking up Hyeri will have to come later.