Your Rights

Her World All Alone

(A/N: Hello!!!! *hugs to all* so this chapter revolves around Kai's (mainly more) than Sehun's reaction (he's next chapter-you'll see how) and the decision he's going to have to make. And we'll start the chapter with some background info on our lovely Krystal) 

 

Krystal just wanted love. Just wanted to be number one in someone's eyes. Her parents’ pride was her older sister Jessica, they loved Krystal but they were either fighting themselves or praising Jessica to give her any limelight. Even though Jessica tried her best to make sure Krystal was feeling loved especially taking her out of the house for bonding time whenever her parents were fighting, it wasn’t the kind of love she wanted.  

She wanted to have someone call her sweet names, steal kisses from her, feel like her hand was the perfect fit of the other's. She had men that liked her but it wasn't really for her, it was for her face. She really wanted someone to look at her the way Jongin looked at Suzy or Sulli looked at Taemin. Where that person was their whole world.

She thought she found it with Sehun and they tried but soon Sehun fell in love with Suzy despite being best friends with Jongin. And her eyes started wandering to Jongin after he had protected her. Jongin was her white knight even though he was already the King to their Queen.

Krystal found herself wanting to spend every second with Jongin, ignoring the all-knowing eye of Jieun, or the curious looks from Jaebum.

Jealousy. She was starting to feel jealous. The green monster would come out whenever Suzy would intertwine her hands with Jongin's or when he would kiss Suzy on the cheek during class and she would hit him on his shoulder. It was subtle comments in the beginning, or walking in between them claiming to be saving the rest of the school from getting cavities. The couple would smile and flick her nose, thinking she was being cute or just wanting some attention. They were wrong.

She wanted to be near Jongin and she found ways on spending time with him too. All thanks to Suzy really. She would want to stay home and practice the piano rather than go places with Jongin. Places he really wanted to go and places Krystal offered to go with him. It wasn't hard for her to get close with Jongin, he's naturally friendly, a quality Krystal admired. She would ask for his help on her routine for joining the dance program and he was always there to give his opinion. She fell in love with his passion whether it was about dance or about someone else. She loved the look in his eyes and found herself wanting to create the same feeling whenever she was around.   

Sehun on the other hand just wanted Suzy. To see her bunny teeth when she smiled, to hear her laughter, to watch her play the piano and sing as well. He just fell in love with her whole being. She was his pure princess. His princess because she was already someone else's Queen. And he was okay with that in the beginning, he would go over her house and listen to her practice or watch a kid movie on the t.v because Suzy liked them. It didn't matter if they stayed at home and only occasionally went out on what Sehun's mind called 'dates', when Jongin bailed because Krystal needed his helped on something.

At first it was enough just to be near.

 

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” –Lao Tzu

 

She walked up to the two boys outside the cafeteria after wiping her hands, noticing one’s cheek bruising over and the other not making eye contact.

“Is there a problem here boys?” Her tone was light but anyone could tell the underlying mean Spill

Taemin sniffed, rubbing his hand under his nose before giving Krystal a wide smile “No, just chatting. Something you need?”

She eyed Jaebum from the corner of her eye, he was clenching his fists together near his sides before storming off, leaving Krystal confused and Taemin sighing as he looked after him.

“Just chatting? We both know it wasn’t that. Looked like it hurt” Taemin wiggled his fingers on his right hand, making sure they cracked.

“It’s none of your business”

“Oh? Keeping secrets now are we Taeminnie.” She quipped “Just what exactly were you doing with Bae? Suddenly so friendly when you made a scene the other day dealing with Naeun. Change of heart maybe? We all told you we didn’t like her”

He ruffled his hair and put his hands in his pocket “Naeun and I are over. She finally knows that now”

Krystal frowned “Why are you ignoring my question? Why did you sit next to her?”

“Change of scenery”

“You know something. Jaebum has always been iffy with me and I want to know why. Why has he for the past three months silently staring after her or mumbling under his breathe whenever her name is brought up between us? I notice things Taemin”

“Shouldn’t you ask him that?”

“I’m asking you. Just what exactly does Bae Suzy have on you to make you have a 360' change?”

…………………………

Water was pouring out the sink’s faucet with no need. She wasn’t bleeding-she wasn’t hurt, physically. All her bruises were internally and she wouldn’t have let her help fix them anyway.

She reached over the sink and turned the handle, stopping the flow of water. Hyeri was leaning against the bathroom door, having her body act as a barrier to prevent anybody from coming in to check on them.

“You okay?”

“Does it look like I’m okay?” Suzy threw her bag on the dirty floor and held the edge of the sink to calm her heartbeat. She was having trouble breathing, her thoughts were jumbling all over the place and it wasn’t helpful to be in locked in the bathroom with Hyeri.

“Do you want a drink? Water? I have some crackers in my bag—“She was jumbling through her bag and the knocking of books against one another and keys jingling were giving Suzy a headache.

“Could you please shut up for a bit? God” Yet once those words came out and she saw through the mirror Hyeri’s dejected face, Suzy felt guilty. She wasn’t angry at Hyeri. 

“I didn’t mean that.” Hyeri nodded solemnly and headed over to lean against the wall next to her.

“Taemin…” Suzy looked up from the sink and stared at Hyeri “what you told me…what you said – that there was more” she couldn’t fit the words in a proper sentence but Suzy knew what she wanted to say.

“He knows and he decided to stay by me for some reason and I am allowing it for now.”

“Will you ever tell me?”

Would Suzy ever tell Hyeri? The girl was always next to Jaebum and even that night she chose to check on him instead of holding Suzy. She understood Taemin which is why she told him. Sulli was his and he was dying inside when he realized she was gone, he couldn’t take care of himself. His leading actions were wrong but she didn’t care about that, she cared about him realizing he was wrong even before he had come to her. And he had the marks to bare now. Jaebum was the first and if Hyeri was anything like her best friend then Suzy rather keep quiet.

“I told you to gain back my trust before I did so”

She turned away from Hyeri and picked up her bag before heading for the door. She pulled it open and stopped before going through “I’m not asking for you to give up the others for me. Gaining back my trust doesn’t mean for you to push them away especially Krystal. She’s the most important to me out of all of them, she was my sister. Do not pick sides- that’s not what I’m asking.”

And she wasn’t asking for any of them to choose sides because there weren’t any.

…………………….

Their stomachs were growling and he was begging to stop. The older wouldn’t listen, commenting on how he should tuck his shoulders in more at one step, or finish more gracefully than he was already doing. “Why are you in such a mess today? You’re dancing is so sloppy”

Sehun slumped onto the hard wood floor, not meeting his eyes and kept quiet. He never messed up this badly while dancing, he was a natural- granted he wasn’t as perfect as Taemin or Jongin but he was the next best thing. One bad day shouldn’t have Jongin beating down on him.

“I’m just tired.”

Jongin scoffed and took a swing of his water “Yeah? Well I am too but I’m here trying to help you memorize the routine but you’re the one slacking off. Why’d you accept it if you aren’t ready for this?”

Sehun glared at his friend “I was picked to do this. And what are you saying? It’s only one day. Cut me some slack”

“Cut you some slack when you aren’t even getting the right emotions to come out? It’s a confession song for Christ sake- you should have some experience with that!” Jongin couldn’t help but take a jab of that incident when he was already so frustrated himself. First she rejects him and then Taemin’s in the picture?

“I said I was sorry” He had gotten Jongin to forgive him about that but he knew he wasn't sincere at all. He had simply patted him on the back and continued dancing when Sehun blurted it out during practice a couple months back. He had wanted to say it but it wasn’t that he was sorry for confessing to Suzy-he was sorry that Jongin had to go through that when he was the one for the confusion.

Jongin chose to ignore him and continued on with the scolding “The performance is three days away, you have to get this done and finish with learning the other dances. There’s no time to be tired.”

“Why are you pushing me this hard? Our song wil-

“Our?” Jongin snapped. “How is this song yours? She wrote this for someone, not you. You’re only dancing to it. This isn’t your song!” He was losing his cool.

“Is that why you’re like this? Because of Suzy? Because of what happened this morning?”

“Shut up” Jongin wanted to erase that morning especially Taemin and how damn cocky he was with them. A simple wave and ‘see you later’ was not settling well with him. Suzy was off limits. 

“I don’t know what’s going on either. I get you man i really do. Why the hell was it Taemin?!" His voice was getting louder which each word he spoke. 

"Stop talking" He didn't want to talk about Taemin or hear about Taemin or even think about his bestfriend. He had no idea why Taemin would do that to him but he wasn't upset at him like Sehun was.

"I’m upset about it too hell I’m even mad but talking to her would be a better outlet than beating on your friend.”

If you could get Suzy to talk to you. But the real problem was what with Sehun just said. That he was mad at Suzy but not mad at Taemin being a traitor like Jongin thought he was. He was upset with Suzy and that ticked Jongin off. They had already discussed that he should stop thinking about Suzy, he was called out by Jieun no less and Jongin was very patient with his best friend but Sehun having feelings that he isn’t entitled too was straining it.  

“What right do you have to be upset with her?”

“Jongin”

“No, you should be mad at Taemin not upset with Suzy for picking him over you! She wasn’t your girlfriend! She wasn’t your first love. She wasn’t the one that you told your mom that you were going to marry someday. She wasn’t the one that told you she loved you on the phone at night, staying up past midnight because you didn’t want to stop hearing the others voice! She wasn’t yours Sehun!”

“Krystal’s yours” Sehun voiced back furiously. He had enough of Jongin telling him what he can and cannot feel about Suzy, she was her own person and so was Krystal. She was a person that deserved to be treated like one. “Your girlfriend’s name is Jung Soojung who likes to be called Krystal. She may have asked you out first but you as hell accepted it. Suzy is no longer your concern and she has made it very clear of that. I advise you to take care of the girlfriend you have right now before you lose her too.”

“Sehu-“

A loud cough was heard coming from the open doorway. Krystal was standing there with Suzy behind her. “It’s 4” She spoke clipped

“Krystal” Jongin had a tinge of desperation in his voice.

“Kai we need to talk. Sehun….go over it again with the Suzy this time” She didn’t even care that she was letting Sehun be with Suzy, that they were bound to talk and Sehun was bound to crack soon. All that mattered right now was Jongin.

…………………………………………………..

Jongin was killing himself over and over again in his mind as he walked alongside his girlfriend. She hadn’t uttered a single word since they left and Jongin’s heart was heavy. He didn’t think Krystal or Suzy for that matter, would be standing there listening to him as he yelled at Sehun.

They walked out of the dance hallway and found themselves in the same empty classroom as before. The same situation. The same problem.

Krystal sat down in a seat and motioned for him to do the same. They were staring at the chalk board that had scribbles from the previous class on it. “I can take it.”

He looked at Krystal and saw her with her face looking straight ahead. She had that blank look on her that could compete with Sehun’s. Her eyes weren’t shaking and her lips weren’t quivering. Jung Krystal was a strong girl.

“I said it before when we started dating that I could take it. I knew Suzy was still in your heart, she’s in everyone’s and I decided that I loved you enough for the both of us. I swallowed my pride and said I was okay.”

Jongin didn’t say anything. It was true that when she first asked him out only two months later and it was the day that Sehun said he was sorry, Jongin had told her that he wouldn’t be a good boyfriend that he had still loved Suzy. But she had told him that he would grow to love her as much, he just needed to give her a chance.

“I ignored what my mind what telling me-that you were in no position to be in a relationship but I listened to my heart instead and I’m glad I did. I was selfish to you but my motives were pure. And as we went on I realized that you, Kim Jongin, are a cruel person.”

He was. He had strung Krystal along for four months and it was only out of pity that he had agreed. He had wanted to change and he saw Krystal as a way to. It wasn’t a lie that he cared for her because he always had, even more strongly since that incident but he wondered if that was a good enough reason. He had thought that he could learn to love Krystal.     

“I don’t take our relationship lightly”

“You don’t take it seriously either or we wouldn’t be having this talk. Suzy….Bae Suji, her name is bitter when I say it. She has been the only person you let call you Jongin.”

‘Jongin’ was reserved for Suzy only and Sehun had called him that earlier. It was his real name and he felt like it made him vulnerable which is why he only allowed Suzy to call him that.

“You can stop”

“I’m not done. I hate Bae Suzy but it’s not because of what happened to Sulli that I do, it adds on to it but it’s not real reason. We were all angry about Sulli and I guess I used that to make a reason for my hate that no one would judge me on”

He reached out and twirled pieces of her hair as if letting her know that he was still there paying attention and wouldn’t stop her.

“I hate her because everyone wants to be near here. Taemin for God’s sake can you believe him? He left us just to stand by her side and Jaebum even Hyeri are shifting. Just look how quick he was to intervene. Jiyoung is fighting with herself, she’s too transparent that I have to roll my eyes at and Jieun….she’s I’m not sure what goes on in her mind.  But the thing is Suzy has this charm about her that I can’t even try to have. She was my bestfriend but I was envious of her too.”

This was the first time Kai was hearing any of this. He had never thought that Krystal was jealous of Suzy when they were polar opposites to begin with. Krystal had things she was better at then Suzy was, like dancing but Suzy wasn’t enrolled in dancing so she never had to compete but Krystal was for singing and acting yet Suzy always got the lead. Was she jealous of Suzy because of that?

Her nails were digging into the wood of the desk. “She had you Kai. She had the guy I was in love with and I hated how your heart was only for her and how wavering hers was. That she couldn’t see what she had because she only wanted more. It was sickening” He dropped his hand and blinked.

He was wrong in thinking it was for school, that she was jealous that Suzy was in the play and she wasn’t, she was upset that Suzy was the lead in the story of Jongin’s life.

“Krystal”

She was crying but her voice was strong and she was still refusing to look at Jongin because she would take back everything she said. She wanted to be good in his eyes.

“I’m going to ask you a set of questions and if they don’t have the same answer…..” She didn’t know what she would do in all honesty if they weren’t the same. Krystal took a deep breath and finally turned around in her chair and met her boyfriend’s deep brown eyes.

“One- do you love me?”

She loved him, there was no doubt about that but after hearing how passionate he talked about his old relationship to Sehun, she felt like he was going to become another one to leave her side and if he was, she didn’t want him to be kind enough to be the last.

“Two- Do you still want to be in a relationship with me?”

 

 

 

(A/N: EEEEEEPPPPP! Jongin totally blew up. He was being so mean to Sehun ah- (YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE MAD EITHER! HMPH) And now we have SEHUN AND SUZY ALONE together? Sh** going to go down. What's he going to say to Suzy? WHat's she;s going to say? WHAT's Jonging going to say? AND POOR BABY KRYSTAL. ugh we don't like her because of how she treats Suzy but there she goes and be's a bada$$ and now she's going through rocky path with her boyfriend and practically gives him an okay to break up with her. Well not an okay but like GOsh, she loves him so much it hurts. SIGH i need some ice cream. )  some jungsis love cuz we need it. )