7

Almost Perfect

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I have this one childhood friend. Every morning, she always dropped by in my house just to wake me up for our school. I didn’t remember when she started doing this, make it as her annoying routine. Sometimes, I want to kill her. But overall, she’s a good friend. She’s like a sister that I never had. You see, you can share anything to her. She’s the only one who knew who my ultimate crush is.

 

“Am, Suho gave this to me. Pretty, isn’t it?” I said happily as I showed the bracelet on my wrist.

 

“Yeah, it suits you.” She replied with a smile.

 

“Gosh! Should I give him my sweet yes? It’s been a long time he is courting me.” I stated as I admired the bracelet.

 

“It’s up to you. Do you have feelings for him?” she asked me which made me evaluate my feelings.

 

“He is nice.” I answered her and she raised her brows. “Alright, I am not sure about my feelings for him yet.” I continued and rolled my eyes on her.

 

“Pfft! It’s been a long time and you are not yet sure about your feelings for him?” she answered with a tone of disbelief in her voice and laughed. “You are indeed one of a kind!” she continued and shook her head.

 

“What about you? You’re going to college and yet you haven’t dated anyone.” I retorted.

 

“Well, I don’t have anyone in mind yet.” She replied with a smirk on her face as she wriggled her brows.

 

“You know, I will still treat you the same even if you will get yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend.”

 

“I’ll go for the first choice.”

 

“What is your ideal type anyway? You knew mine but I never know yours.”

 

“Uhm, my ideal type huh.” She mumbled as she began to think. “Probably, a nice, someone who can I get along with, and of course sweet type of girl.” she answered me.

 

“Oh my God! I am your ideal type!” I exclaimed jokingly and laughed.

 

“Are you nice? Are you sweet? Because I don’t think so!” she said with sarcasm and laughed.

 

I hit her on her head and it made her wince in pain.

 

“See, you are not nice neither sweet. You are violent!” she said as she rubbed her head.

 

“And you are a meanie! I hate you!”

 

“I know our feelings will never be mutual.” She replied which made me furrowed my brows in confusion.

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“You hate me but I love you.” She said boldly and grinned.

 

What she said made me stare at her. This is the first time she told me that she love me. I shouldn’t be surprised. I should know that because we are friends, close friends. But I don’t know why hearing her say that gave me these weird feelings. It made my chest feel light and gave a tug in the pit of my stomach.

 

“I should get going now. I’m already late to my class.”  She said as she got up. “See you later.”

 

“See you later.” I answered her and curved a smile.

 

I watched her as she walked out our classroom. Most of my girl classmates got a crush on her. She’s honestly popular in our school. She’s smart, good looking, talented, and good in sports. Who wouldn’t admire her for that, right?

 

“What are you smiling at, Jungie?” Sulli suddenly asked me which startled me.

 

“Geez Sull, don’t just pop out of nowhere.” I said to her.

 

“Your smiling like an idiot there.” She said and sat down on the chair where Amber was seated earlier.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” I denied and she scoffed.

 

“Did you dropped by here? She promised yesterday that she will treat me an ice cream after school.” She stated which got my ears tingled.

 

“How come I didn’t know that?” I said to her. “I’ll be coming with you guys!”

 

“Okay, so that you will meet the girl I’m going to introduce to hyung too. You are good at gauging people, right?”

 

“Wait! Who is this girl that you are going to introduce to her?” I questioned curiously.

 

“I don’t know.” Sulli replied. “Probably her future girlfriend, I hope.” She continued and giggled.

 

I should be happy for Amber about this but I don’t feel that way right now. Instead, I feel worried. I don’t know what I worry about. After our class, I decided not to go with them. I’m not in the mood to eat ice cream today. I went home alone. Suho offered to walk me home but I turned him down. I locked myself in my room, skipping my dinner. I don’t know what’s happening to me but I just suddenly lost my appetite.

 

“Mom, I told you I’m still full.” I yelled when I heard someone knocked on my door.

 

Mom did that for how many times earlier so I assumed it was still her.

 

“I guess I’ll just give this mango cake to Jack-Jack.”

 

I jumped out of my bed when I heard her voice. It made me feel excited, excited to see her and talk to her. Not ask her about her meeting with the girl, but I just want to talk to her, to be with her.

 

“Yah! Don’t you dare feed my favorite food to a dog!” I said to her with a stern voice and gave her a threatening look after I opened the door.

 

I can see the surprised in her face and then that expression slowly disappear and she began to laugh. I snatch the cake from her hand and left the door open for her to come in.

 

“I thought you were still full.” She teased me and I rolled my eyes on her as I continued eating my cake.

 

She sat next to me on my bed and then she lay down.

 

“Yah! You are not allowed to sleep on my bed!” I yelled at her as I tried to push her off my bed.

 

“Stop it! I’m tired and I want to rest. You don’t know how far that ice cream parlor to the café is. I drained my energy from running around. I should bring extra money all the time.

 

“Nobody ask you to buy me a cake you know.” I said to her.

 

She looked at me for a while then curved a smile before she closed her eyes.

 

“Yeah, but there’s a part of me that was telling me to buy you one. It’s a bit weird but I’m glad I listened to it. If not, I bet you will be sleeping with an empty stomach.” She told me as she closed her eyes again.

 

“You worry like a girlfriend.” I said to her and giggled. I’m literally happy right now.

 

“Maybe I should consider courting you. My heart is acting weirdly if you’re around, giving me these unexplained feelings. Just like now, being here close to you, made me wished that time would stop and this would last forever.” She stated.

 

I got speechless when I heard what she said. I feel like everything had stopped moving.

 

“Amber…” I called her but then I only got a snore in response.

 

‘Stupid.’

 

I kissed her on her forehead and lay beside her after I set aside the cake. I snuggled close to her and hugged her. I know now why I don’t accept any of my suitors. It’s because the one that my heart is waiting to confess is this person right next to me. My childhood/close/best friend, Amber Josephine Liu.

 

'I hope this stupid will ask me to become her girlfriend. If not, then I'll be the one who will ask her to be mine. It's now or never!'