4.5

Almost Perfect

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I know that if I am not going to chase after Amber, I will lose him forever. I don't want him to leave me. Call me selfish, but I want to keep him. I know that he loves me. I'm not that naive not to notice or feel it. But I am not sure if I feel the same way. And now, I am engaged to our close family's son. I've known him for a long time and he is a good guy too. I agreed to the arranged marriage to grant my family's request. I'm not sure if I made the right decision about this engagement that's why I need him.

 

"He might think that I said mean things to you." he said jokingly and wiped my tears.

 

"But you're going to leave me." I replied to him as I look him in his eyes. "I want you to stay."

 

"I...I'm always here for you like always." he assured me with a smile. "Now stop crying will you? It makes me feel uncomfortable seeing you cry."

 

I believed in his words. I believed him when he told me that he will always be there for me. But I noticed the big changes in our relationship. We spend less time together now compared before.

 

"Soojung, you're going to fit your wedding gown now, right?"my sister said to me when she joined me in our livingroom.

 

"Ah, yeah." I answered her. I totally forgot about that. "Maybe I can ask him to come with me."

 

"Who?" my sister asked with raised brows.

 

"Amber." I answered happily.

 

I tried calling Amber but I can’t reach him on his phone. So I decided to just give him a visit in their house. It’s been three months since I last visited there. I quickly changed my clothes and drive to their house. I rang the doorbell twice before someone opened the door. I got quite surprise seeing a stranger opening their door.

 

“Yes?”she said with a friendly tone of voice and friend smile.

 

“Who is it?” I heard Amber’s voice from inside and his footsteps getting nearer.

 

“Uhm, sorry but I think I’m in the wrong house.” I hurriedly apologized to her and went back into my car.

 

I know she is not their relative because he only got two cousins and I already met them both. Could it be that she is his girlfriend? I should be happy if that’s the case. I’m supposed to feel that way about it.

 

“But I am not.” I sighed.

 

I don’t even know why I hurriedly left. I recognized one feeling within me right now. I feel scared but I dunno what I am scared of.

 

“I’m stupid!” I mumbled and bumped my head on the steering wheel.

 

My attention was shifted to someone who knocked on my window. I hesitated to roll it down when I saw it was him. But what’s the point of hiding when I know he recognized that it is my car. Since my windows are tinted, he won’t be able to see me from the outside. I stare at him and seeing his face again made me happy deep inside. He knocked on my window again and that’s when I rolled it down.

 

“Hey!” I greeted him with an awkward smile.

 

“Hey!” He answered with a smile. “Why you did you hurriedly left?” he continued.

 

“I…I thought I was in the wrong house because a stranger opened the door.” I answered him and he laughed.

 

“Silly!”he stated and I raised my brows at him. He stopped himself from laughing. “Uhm, what brings you here?”

 

“Because I was wondering if you can accompany me somewhere…”

 

“Sorry!” he interrupted me and then put on an apologetic look. “I can’t go anywhere right now. She won’t allow me.” He continued.

 

So I am not his priority anymore. Before, he never decline to my invitations. So my presumption was right. She is his girlfriend and the most special girl in his life.

 

“I realized that too.” I replied to him with a faint smile. “It’s okay.”

 

“I’m really sorry, Krys! I will make it up to you next time. I promise!” he stated.

 

“Don’t worry about it.”

 

With a heavy heart, I drove away from their place. I looked at the front mirror. I saw the girl approached him and clung to him. I was so distracted looking at them that I didn’t know there was a truck crossing in one intersection. My car collides to it and I bumped my head on the stirring wheel so hard. Before I lost my consciousness, it made me happy to see Amber looking at me worriedly and he was calling my name again and again. If I’m going to die after this, I think seeing him as the last person I can see made me happy and contented. I won’t mind dying.

 

“Good morning, Jungie!” my sister greeted me with a smile when I saw her. This is the first time seeing her looking delighted that I woke up.

 

“Where am I?” I asked her as I slowly got up. I cupped my head because it’s kinda hurt a little.

 

“Hospital.” Unnie answered. “Geez sis, you should focus your eyes on the road when driving.” She scolded me.

 

“Where is he?” I quickly asked when I remembered Amber.

 

“Who?” Unnie asked me with furrowed brows.

 

Our conversation was interrupted when someone knocked on the door. Unnie was the one who opened it. I was expecting that it was him on the other side of the door but I only got disappointed to see that it was only Suho, my fiancé.

 

“Soojung, I’m glad you’re finally awake!”he said, looking relieved when he walked over to me.

 

“I’ll go home now. I will leave my sister under your care now, Suho.” Unnie said and give me us a cheeky smile before she left.

 

We bid our goodbye to her. I think she didn’t get enough sleep here in the hospital because she can’t sleep comfortably on the sofa.

 

“How are you feeling right now? Is there something painful in your body?” Suho asked.

 

“I’m completely fine. There is nothing you need to worry about.” I answered him.

 

“I was so worried when I heard you got yourself into an accident. I thought you got severely injured.” He stated.

 

I just curved a smile in response to him. I feel happy to see him right now but that’s it! All I think right now is Amber. I kept wondering why he is not here in the hospital right now. Does his girlfriend preventing him to stay on my side?

 

“That idiot.” I mumbled.

 

“Huh?” Suho asked.

 

“N-Nothing.” I said to him and curved an awkward smile.

 

I didn’t notice that I spoke out loud what’s on my mind.

 

“As I was saying, our parents decided to move our wedding earlier than before.” He said and I had no idea that this is what he was talking about.

 

“What?!” I exclaimed in disbelief and he looked surprised on how I reacted.

 

“B-Because they thought that the earlier the better.” He answered me. “It’s not a bad idea, right?”

 

“No! I won’t agree on that! I don’t agree to all of these!”I said hysterically. “Please leave! I want to be alone right now.”

 

I can see in his face that he doesn’t want to leave yet but he obeyed me. I lay back on my bed and my head is aching. I shifted on one side and curled up. Without Amber on my side, I feel so alone and empty inside. I thought I needed him as just my friend that’s why I want him to stay in my life but I was wrong. I want him to stay because of a different reason and I was so stupid not too realized that earlier. Now, I was too late because someone already replaced me in his heart.

 

“Amber.” I called his name and sob.

 

I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep again. I feel so tired, really tired. I feel like I need a long hours of sleep to regain my strength.

 

“Good morning.” Amber greeted me with his dorky smile.

 

I saw his face, a bit closed to mine. He is chin over his hand that is rested on my bed. I got quite surprise seeing him. The thought of him watching me while sleeping this close made me smile.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

 

“I heard someone calling my name and that voice that I heard led me here.” he answered me.

 

“Dork.” I answered and giggled. “You should not stay here too long.”

 

“Why? You don’t want me around?”he asked me and I slightly shook my head. “What?”

 

“Your girlfriend might get mad at you.” I answered him as I avoided his eyes.

 

He furrowed his brows at first then later on, he chuckled.

 

“The person that I love the most in this world is the beautiful girl right before my eyes right now.” He said to me which made me blush. “I don’t have a girlfriend Soojung.” He continued.

 

“Then who was that girl?” I asked timidly.

 

“Jackie’s best friend. She always treats me like her little brother that she adored the most.”

 

“Then that means that she likes you!”I retorted and he laughed.

 

“She is already married.”

 

I was glad and relieved when I heard what he said. But the word ‘married’ also reminded me of my situation right now.

 

“I’ll call off my engagement.”I spoke.

 

“Why?” he asked with furrowed brows.

 

“It’s because the guy that I want to spend the rest of my life with is the guy that I am looking at right now.” I answered him with a smile and I noticed how his eyes widened.