6

Almost Perfect

AMBER’s POV

 

I was once a nobody, never a center of attention, not noticed by other people. I was living a complete peaceful life but that changed when our campus ICE PRINCESS ruined my serene and peaceful life. I don’t know what’s gotten into her but she just suddenly announced to everybody that I am her current boyfriend! Believe me, I protested but she threatened me that she will make my life miserable if I dumped her. So I complied. She can literally do that because other students obey whatever she says to them and I don’t like to be bullied. That would completely turn my life into a mess.

 

“Stupid, I want to drink some mango juice.” My ‘girlfriend’ told me while we are hanging in the library.

 

“We are not allowed to bring drinks in here.” I answered her.

 

Hell the vending machine is too far from here and I don’t plan to run back and forth just to get one for her.

 

“I will drink it outside.” She answered me.

 

“But…”

 

“Go. I’m thirsty.” She said as she looked at me sternly.

 

“Alright.” I sighed in defeat.

 

A smile crept on her face when I got up from my seat. I don’t understand why most guys in our school would die just to date this girl. She’s treating her boyfriend like a servant!

 

“Yo!” Henry called me right after I grab the can that I bought from the vending machine.

 

“Hey.” I greeted him and Daniel with a smile.

 

“For your girlfriend?” Daniel asked me as he eyed the juice.

 

“Yeah.” I answered shortly.

 

“I wish I was her boyfriend.” Henry sighed.

 

‘If only we can switch places dude.’

 

“Just be happy for our buddy, Snoop.” Daniel said as he pat Henry’s back and chuckled.

 

“I have to go now guys. I bet she’s already waiting for her mango juice.”

 

I bid my goodbye to my friends. Since I was announced as Krystal Jung’s boyfriend, I only get to hang-out with them rarely. She always wants me to be with her all the time and I don’t see the logic behind that. Why would she want us to hang all the time?

 

“You’re taking too long.” She told me when I approached her standing outside our library.

 

“I ran into my friends and the vending machine is really far from here.” I answered her but she just rolled her eyes on me.

 

I just ignore her behavior. I opened her drinks before I handed it to her. I took her books from her hand because I know she wants me to carry them for her.

 

“You better review what we studied when you got home.” She reminded me.

 

“Yeah, I know.” I answered her.

 

“If you fail in our exams, you’ll be dead.” She threatened me with a serious tone of voice which made me gulped.

 

Unlike her, I am not that fond of studying. I prefer reading a comic than reading my books. On our way back to our classroom, I saw Minho leaning against the wall outside our room and he seemed happy when he saw her. He is her ex boyfriend.

 

“Krys, can I talk to you?” he said. I can see that his eyes are begging to her.

 

“I’ll go ahead.” I said to them and excused myself.

 

I can feel her eyes on my back but I didn’t bother to look back. I was hoping that they will make up. I don’t mind if she will dump me. The hell I was waiting for her to do that to me.

 

“I hope this will end too soon.” I sighed.

 

Our class started and Krystal wasn’t in our classroom yet. I went outside just to check if they were still there but I think they decided to talk in more private place. I should be happy about this but it made me worry. I try to just shrug it off but the whole time, I can’t stop thinking about her. Our first afternoon class ended and this is when I decided to look for her.

 

“Minho!” I called him when I spotted him in the hallway.

 

“What do you want?” he answered me sounding pissed.

 

“Where’s Krystal?” I asked him.

 

“Why are you asking me? Do I look like her keeper?” he answered me with sarcasm.

 

Since I became Krystal’s boyfriend, most of the guys in our school hate me. Only my friends got happy for me. This is the reason why I don’t want to become her boyfriend.

 

“Nevermind.” I told him and walked away.

 

I grabbed my phone and decided to give her a call but her phone just kept on ringing. I’m starting to feel annoyed. Our next class is about to start and I don’t want to be marked as an absent on that class because our teacher will give us a heavy punishment. I quicken my pace, going to every places where I can possibly find her. I went to the library but there was no sign of her. In the cafeteria, courtyard, and rooftop but still I can’t find her in those places.

 

“Where could possibly she is?” I asked myself. “She’s really a pain in the .”

 

I run around just looking for her. I even asked our schoolmates but they just all ignore me or gave me a cold look as a response.

 

“I saw Miss Jung in the garden.” Our school janitor was the one who informed me.

 

“Really?” I replied in disbelief. “Thank you, Sir.” I continued and bowed to him then quickly left.

 

I dashed my way into our school garden. I should’ve known that she was there because that is one of her favorite place in our school. I know she won’t mind how far it is from our classroom.

 

“I finally found you.” I said as I was catching my breath.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked me coldly.

 

“I should be the one who’s asking that question.” I retorted. “What are you doing here? You didn’t attend our class.”

 

“So what? As if you care.” She replied. “I want to be alone so leave!” she continued.

 

“Aish! Are you being like this because of Minho? If you still love him, why don’t you be with him? I’m completely fine about it. I honestly wouldn’t mind.” I told her and she looked at me, surprised.

 

Her surprised eyes slowly turned into a sad one. I don’t understand why she is having that expression right now. I don’t understand why it seems like she got hurt about what I said.

 

“I can’t believe that you are this stupid.” She said with sarcasm and scoffed. “Fine, if you don’t want me then I don’t want you too!” she yelled at me and her tears began to escape from her eyes.

 

I got completely speechless and this is the first time my mind went blank. I don’t know what to do nor say anymore when I saw her crying. I just stood still on the spot where I was standing.

 

“I know now that even a nice person like you won’t even love me.” She mumbled and I can sense the pain in her voice.

 

I mentally calmed down myself. I need to keep my senses and won’t let my emotion take over me. I took a breath before I slowly walk close to her.

 

“I-I didn’t mean to hurt you or make you cry.”I said to her. She kept her head low and is wiping her tears. “I thought you still love him that is why I said those things. I want you to be happy.”

 

“You are not only stupid but also blind too.” She spoke and scoffed. “Can’t you see that I am happy with you?” she continued when she lifted up her head and meet my eyes. “I’m in love with you, stupid! Why can’t you see that?!”

 

I got stunned of what I heard. My eyes widened upon this revelation. She was right, I didn’t see it. I didn’t notice that she was happy with me nor think that she love me.

 

“Do you really have not love me?” she questioned me.

 

I broke our eye contact. That serious question shouldn’t be answered with a lie.

 

“I’d be lying if I say I love you right now.” I answered her.

 

I can see the sadness and pain in her eyes that filled with tears when I look at her again.

 

“But even if you are bossy, cold, and a brat I think sooner or later, you will make me fall in love with you. You are not that easy to love but I know you are worth loving for because I know you’re true.” I told her with a smile and kiss her on her forehead.

 

I got a bit surprised when she suddenly embraced me. I’m having this ecstatic feeling right now.

 

“I love you, stupid!” she told me with a smile that made my heart skip a beat.