End

Almost Perfect

I don’t believe in love at first sight. You can’t love someone you don’t know. You probably get attracted to her/him because of her or his looks. But using that as the basis of your love towards that person is too stupid. That is why I haven’t answered any of my suitors yet. They are all the same, telling me that that I’m pretty and blah blah blah, they fall in love with me. What if I am not like that, will they still fall in love with me? I doubt that! So I come up with a bright idea! I disguise myself as an ugly looking one when I transferred to another school. I keep my scores in average and I don’t participate in sports anymore. I keep myself passive then I got my peaceful life in line of love. But es around me increase in number as well as those jerks.

 

“Hey Jung, can I ask you something?” one of my classmates said as she sat on my desk. “How many times do you take a bath and look yourself in the mirror?” she continued and they all laughed.

 

“Let me think,uhm…” I paused pretending to contemplate.  “none of your ing business!” I continued with a smirk.

 

My older sister taught me one thing, to not let others bully or treat you like !

 

“Aish! You!” she said with annoyance in her face.

 

She was about to hit me but I feel thankful that our homeroom teacher arrived. I guess this is what they called save by the bell. I let out a deep sigh and feel relieved.

 

“Class, good news!” Mr. Park announced happily. “Starting today, you will have a new classmate.” He continued and the students started to whisper to each other, feeling excited about it.

 

“That person is not ugly, right Mr. Park?” that said and eyed me.

 

“He is not, Sunghwa.” Mr. Park answered and laughed awkwardly. “Alright, you may come in and introduce yourself.” He said as he gestured someone from outside to get in.

 

A very cold looking guy walked his way in front. He is very good looking and those es’ eyes glowed. All girls are looking at him with dreamy eyes.

 

“I’m Liu Amber Joseph, nice to meet you.” He spoke in fluent English that made the girls squeal.

 

I am a girl too but I didn’t join them. He is not my type. He is too handsome and we all know that dating a very handsome guy which all girls admire is a burden. Too much temptations for him and too much rivals for you.

 

“Where do you want to sit?” Mr. Park asked him.

 

“You only got one vacant seat.” He replied eyeing the desk next to mine.

 

“Y-Yeah, right.” Mr. Park replied and chuckled as he scratched the back of his head.

 

Amber as a seat is not that bothersome. He just ignored me, never even throw a single glance at me. We have our own world and I like it! As the time passed by other people didn’t stop taunting me. I don’t mind anyway. Amber became more popular, he doesn’t only have the looks, he is also smart, sporty, and talented. I am not sure if he is bothered by it, because most of the time all I can see is his ‘I don’t care face’.

 

“Yah Jung!” Sunghwa called me and pushed me against the lockers. She and her friends then surround me.  “You tell Mr. Park that you want to switch seats with me.”

 

“Why would I do that?” I asked her.

 

“You are really stupid!” she mocked and her friends laughed. “Someone like doesn’t deserve to sit beside someone like Amber. He is perfect and you are just a sore in the eyes sitting close to him.”

 

“Then stop looking at him, before you get blind.” I said to her with sarcasm and smirk.

 

I pushed her aside and rolled my eyes before I walked away. I don’t know what that girl’s problem with me. I mean, I didn’t do anything to her. She just naturally hates me, I guess.

 

“Tsk! I should have come here earlier.” I mumbled when I saw that all the tables in our cafeteria are occupied.

 

“Then I guess we will be eating somewhere else.”

 

I my side to look at the person who is standing beside me. I got a bit surprise when I saw that it is Amber. He met my eyes and I quickly looked away.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I stuttered a bit.

 

“Hey Amber! Over here!” Sunghwa waved her hand, she pointed the empty chair next to her.

 

Amber just looked at Sunghwa for a moment then turned to me. He just ignored her! Sunghwa is one of the famous girls in our campus. She’s perfect outside but you know how rotten she is inside.

 

“Do you know a perfect place where we can eat our lunch?” Amber asked.

 

I don’t know what this guy’s problem is. Why did he ignore Sunghwa? He must be crazy for doing that! I just nod my head though in response to him. I brought him at our school rooftop and he seemed fine at it. He sat in one corner and I did the same.

 

“Hey, you sit here.” He spoke.

 

“H-Huh?” I answered.

 

He just made me moved aside and sat down on my place. I don’t understand why he decided to switch places with me when it is hot in my place and his is under the shade. I just did not bother to ask him and continued to eat my lunch. The place was filled with silence and it starts to get awkward between us.

 

“I noticed that you don’t mingle with others.” He said which made me looked at him with raised brows. I didn’t know he was watching me.

 

“You too.” I answered.

 

“I do.”

 

“Well, I didn’t see you hanging with others.” I retorted and he scoffed.

 

“I didn’t know you are paying too much attention to me.” He stated and laughed.

 

“Oh shut up! Don’t get too full of yourself, Liu!” I rolled my eyes on him. “I don’t pay much of my attention to you. You, not hanging out with others is just that noticeable!” I pointed out.

 

“Then I guess I am just the only one doing that.”

 

“H-Huh?” I asked him with furrowed brows. I have no idea what he is talking about.

 

“Nothing.” He replied as he got up. “You know, I don’t understand why but every time you’re around, I feel my heart pounding. I don’t feel nervous though, I only feel an indescribable feeling that I never felt before here in my chest.” He continued as he touched his left chest.

 

I got speechless upon hearing everything that he said. I got hundreds of suitors, but nobody confess to me this way. I am not sure though if this guy is aware that he is already confessing to me.

 

 “It’s odd.” He added as he looked at me.

 

“Why do you think you feel that way to me?” I asked him. “Don’t you feel that to Sunghwa?”

 

“I don’t know.” He shrugged his shoulders.  “And who is Sunghwa?” he continued with furrowed brows.

 

“Oh my God! Seriously? You don’t know her?” I asked in disbelief and he shook his head. “She was the girl who called you in the cafeteria.” I reminded him.

 

“Ah, so her name is Sunghwa. No, she doesn’t give me this kind of feelings.”

 

“Who do you think is the perfect girl in our classroom?”

 

“Sunghwa.”

 

“And what do you think about me?” I asked him with raised brows.

 

He paused for a moment. I don’t know what he is thinking for. He doesn’t really need to contemplate to come up with an answer.

 

“I don’t find you attractive but you always catch my attention. I probably am attracted to you.” he stated. “I guess, you are just almost perfect.” He added and curved a smile

 

"You are good at words Liu." I commented and laughed.

 

"It's the truth though. I think I like you."he confessed.

 

"You should be saying that to someone perfect like Sunghwa." I replied.

 

"I don't like someone because she is perfect, I like someone because that is how I feel. Perfect or not, I like you, Jung! I can't do anything about it anymore. That is how I feel for you." he shrugged his shoulders and smirked.

 

LOL...THIS IS THE REAL FINALE.. hope i make your kryber heart happy, kryber shippers. especially those hardcore shippers, like someone I know... :P....