4

Almost Perfect

AMBER's POV

 

Sometimes, what you did not ask for is what is given to you. What  you least expected is what falls on your lap. And what do you want  the most is what you get at the end. They say everything happens for a reason and we use this as a basis to give up on something and just let it go.Well, I used to believed that you can get whatever you want if you work hard for it. But then, I think was wrong.

 

"Do you have any plans tomorrow?" I asked Krystal.

 

"Nope! But I'm planning to stay home tomorrow. I want to spend time for myself."she answered me with a smile.

 

"Is that so." I replied feeling disappointed deep inside.

 

"Why are you asking?" she asked me.

 

"Well, I was just wondering if you want to hang-out with me but since u already have something to do in mind, I think I'll ask u again next time."

 

"Oh, i'm so sorry Am." she said with an apologetic smile.

 

"No,it's okay! You don't have to apologize." I replied frantically and laugh awkwardly.

 

She is Krystal Jung. She is the first girl that made my heart beats abnormally. She always give me butterflies in my stomach and made me smile effortlessly. She knows my feeling, I already confessed to her. Although she didn't give me any answer, we act as boyfriend/girlfriend right now and I'm cool with it. She doesn't go to a date with others and I do the same.

 

"How about let's go shopping after school?" she suggested. "I'm in the mood to shop today."

 

"Okay, let's do that!" I answered and curved a smile.

 

She loves shopping so much and she will buy all the things that are pleasing in her eyes. Of course, my job when we shop together is to carry the shopping bags.

 

"Welcome back, dork!"  my sister greeted me when I got home from shopping with Krystal.

 

I just wave my hand to her in response. I'm too tired to talk. I flopped on the couch and lay comfortably.

 

"What did you do today? You look beat up." she said to me.

 

"Shopping with Krystal." I answered her.

 

"I am not going to give your allowance for next week in advance today." she informed me and I know what's in her mind right now.

 

"Don't worry. I still have enough money left in my pocket." I answered her. "No more talking, I want to rest."

 

I did fall asleep in the couch. My beloved sister did not even bother to wake me up for dinner because when I opened my eyes again it's already midnight. I got awake when my phone rang and it's Krystal who's calling.

 

"Hey, why are you still awake at this hour?" I said groggily after I got up.

 

"I'm hungry." she answered me.

 

By the sound of her voice, I know that she's pouting right now. The thought of her doing like this made me chuckle.

 

"Yah! Why are you laughing?!" she said with annoyance in her voice.

 

"Nothing. Just give me 20 minutes." I said to her.

 

"I can't wait that long."

 

"Okay, 15."

 

"Still long."

 

"Alright, 10 minutes. You know I can't teleport right?"

 

"Aish! Just go and get your moving right now!" she ordered me.

 

I bought some American size burger, large fries, and soda for her. Those are what she likes to eat during this time. She's in her pajama when she meet me outside their house.

 

"What took you so long?" she questioned me.

 

"I was only late for five minutes." I replied to her and she rolled her eyes on me.

 

"At least, you bought my favorites." she said happily while looking at the food inside the paper bag. "Thank you." she continued as she looked at me and curved a smile.

 

I grinned un response to her.

 

"You should get back inside now. It's quite cold here outside." I told her and she nodded her head obediently.

 

"You take care on your way back home."

 

" I will, thanks."

 

"Good night!" she said and suddenly kissed me on my cheek and quickly head inside.

 

I was got a bit surprised of what she did. She never kissed me before. We had been like this for almost a year now but she just kissed me now. Her kiss made my heart raced and awaken millions of butterfly in my stomach. I was smiling like an idiot as I was driving home.

 

"What's up with that freaky smile on your face?" Jackie asked me when I joined her for breakfast.

 

"What freaky smile are you talking about?" I answered her pretending to be clueless.

 

"Hmmm, you snuck out last night. Could it be that you finally scored to that Jung?!"

 

"I wish!" I answered and laugh.

 

"If that's not it, then why are you that happy?"

 

"I am always this happy since I met Krystal,sis."

 

"Whatever!"she answered and rolled her eyes on me. "

 

I got bored in our house. Jackie went out and I was left alone with nothing to do. I haven't heard anything from Krystal too and it made me wonder what is she doing right now.

 

My train of thoughts was interrupted when my stomach grumbled. I lazily got up and walked over go the fridge and when I opened it, there was nothing inside that I like to it.

 

"Blueberry cheese cake." I sighed.

 

My attention was shifted to my phone when it rang. I know it is not Krystal because I had set a different ringtone for her. I looked at the screen and found that it is my buddy Henry who's calling me.

 

"What's up?"

 

"Our gang is meeting for lunch today."

 

"I don't know if I can come."

 

"Dude, we're meeting at the restaurant just a couple of blocks away from your house. It will be all on your twib Jobghyun today."

 

"Then, count me in!" I quickly answered him.

 

I decided to just walk my way going there. Even if it's weekend, the streets are still busy and it's quite traffic. From the I don't know how many cars are there waiting for the go signal, my eyes settled to this one. I stopped on my trance and look at it. It was just about less than 15 meters away from where I am standing.

 

"K-Krystal?" I mumbled in disbelief.

 

I saw her with this very familiar looking guy. I know who he is but I didn't know his name. She didn't tell me or maybe she did and I just forgotten it. I think I loved her so much because I am in deep pain right now. I never saw her laugh and smile like that when she's with me. I want to approach them but I hesitated. I thought that I will just take away those beautiful smiles if I did.

 

"Stupid! Why can't you be selfish just for once?" I scold myself and scoffed.

 

I look at them one last time. I think our feelings were never mutual. I had an unrequited love all along. She didn't see me the way that I do. I did my best for her and truly love her but I guess those were not enough to please and reach her heart. Before I look away and continue on my way, our eyes met. She looked so surprise when she saw me. I curved a smile to her telling her that it's fine. I keep my cool and continue walking. My mind is clouded of thoughts and I'm trying to conceal all my feelings inside. This is the heardest walking that I ever had.

 

"Am!"

 

I stopped from walking and when she called me.

 

 I didn't expect that she will bother to get off from that car just to talk to me. I took a deep breath before I turn around to see her. She is looking at me with worried look in her eyes.

 

"I'm sorry." she sincerely apologized. "I..I..."

 

" I know now and don't worry, I'll be fine." I assured her with a smile.

 

 I glanced on her hand and saw a ring on her finger. She followed my eyes and hide her hand behind her back.

 

"I better get going now. My friends are already waiting for me."I spoke. "Congratulations and Goodbye!" I said to her with a smile.

 

I didn't bother to wait for her respond. I walked away from her. I know that I have to get away from her as soon as possible. I didn't bother to look back. I suppressed my tears from falling. I made up my mind to just forget her and moved on. 

 

“Please, don’t leave me. Not this time when I need you the most.” She said when she chase after me and hugged me tightly when she chase after me.

 

I don’t understand why, but she’s crying bitterly. I was ready to walk out of her life. But I guess she doesn’t want me to do that.