1

Almost Perfect

AMBER's POV

Jung Soojung, also known as Krystal. She's talented, smart and beautiful.Everyone adored but also feared her. They feared her because despite her angelic face, she has a cold aura and intimidating one and...she's violent.

 

"Yah! Stop playing and focus on studying!" she yelled at me and took my PSP.

 

"But I am not yet in the mood to read." I whined and she gave me her icy glare. "Right, i'm fired up to read now!" I said enthusiastically and grinned at her.

 

"Good." she said calmly which got me relieved.

 

I grabbed my book and opened it. Unlike her, I am not fond of reading. My mind judt wonder into somewhere else and I won't be able to understand what I am reading.

 

"Yah!" I got startled when she suddenly yelled and kick me under the table.

 

Of course, it obviously hurts which made me winced in pain.

 

"That's what you get for not focusing on what you are doing. If you don't want to get some more of it, you better study seriously." she threatened me.

 

"I will study seriously...now." I pouted and she just rolled her eyes.

 

We carried on in our studying. We are always in this situation every time we agreed to study together.

 

"Krys." I called her.

 

"What?" she answered with annoyance in her voice. She didn't even bother to look at me.

 

"Are you hungry?" I questioned her.

 

"No." she replied shortly.

 

"I am." I sighed and that's the time she lifted up her head and looked at me.

 

She gave me the look and I know she did not like what she heard.

 

"But I can still bear with it." I quickly added and grinned.

 

"Stop wasting time, stupid!" she spoke.

 

I was already very hungry when we finished studying. She looked happy and satisfied so it means she's in the good mood.

 

"Let's grab some food before we go home." she stated.

 

I nodded my head frantically. Well, I did finish reading my book but I doubt if all the information will retain in my head. Unlike her, my IQ is just average.

 

“Who are you texting with?” she suddenly asked while we are walking our way into the diner. From the corner of my eyes, I know she’s trying to take a peek on my phone’s screen.

 

“Just Min.” I answered her with a smile and she raised her brows.

 

“And what are you guys texting about?” she inquired and the tone of her voice had changed.

 

“Just random stuffs.” I answered her and she didn’t ask me anymore.

 

She didn’t talk to me until we got to the diner and finished our meal. I stop texting though because I am not that dense not to notice the upset look in her face. I tried to make her laugh but she kept on giving me a dry and uninterested response.

 

“You better pass our exam tomorrow. If you fail, you’ll be dead!” she threatened me when we reach the front of her house.

 

“I know.” I replied and chuckled.

 

She narrowed her eyes on me and I start to get nervous.

 

“Good night.” She said and kissed me on my cheek which made me smile widely.

 

“Good night.” I replied to her.

 

I got totally surprised when she suddenly lean closer to me and plant a quick peck on my lips. My eyes widened and I find it cute when she got shy about what she did.

 

“T-That’s a good luck kiss for tomorrow.” She said timidly.

 

“I will totally ace the exam!” I remarked and give her two thumbs up.

 

The next day is our exam day. I got a little hard time answering some of the items. Like always, she was the one who passed her paper first among all of us. I don’t know why but I don’t feel insecure or pressured in her ‘smartiness’. I adore her the more every time she top our class or she excel in something.

 

“How did you do in our exam?” Key asked me.

 

“Just fine, I think.” I answered him.

 

I notice that Key glance behind me and he looked nervous. Judging from his facial expression, I knew that Krystal is standing right behind me.

 

“I’ll go and meet our other friends, see you around bro.” he said and hurriedly left.

 

Krystal probably heard what I answered Key. She cleared and I turn around to face her. I flashed her my bright smile and her facial expression didn’t change. Days passed and our teacher returned our papers.

 

“! I failed!” I heard Key cussed. “How about you, Am?”he asked when he turned to me.

 

“I just got that passing score.” I lied to him and I can feel Krystal’s eyes on me.

 

I quickly stuff my test paper in my backpack. I don’t want her to know that I failed. After our class, Krystal was asked by our teacher to help her about something. So I decided to stay with my friends to kill some time.

 

“I envy Krystal, she’s really smart!” Key sighed.

 

“I envy you Am, for being her boyfriend.” Minho said and I gave him my proud smile.

 

“You failed in our exam, did you?” Key asked me which made me stop from grinning. “I knew it!”

 

“At least I got 50% Kibum!” I answered him.

 

“You better hope your girlfriend won’t find out about it or she might kill you!” Key said and laughed.

 

“Please, don’t remind me!” I said with annoyance and Minho laugh along with him.

 

“Am, what if Krystal will leave you because you can’t meet her expectations?” Minho suddenly asked.

 

“It’s up to her.” I answered shortly. I haven’t thought of that.

 

“What if Krystal will get fat, become stupid and look ugly?” Key questioned.

 

“As long as it is still Krystal, I don’t mind.” I answered and scoffed. “I didn’t say I love your appearance when I asked her to become my girlfriend. What I said is ‘I love you!’ when I did.” I continued.

 

“Geez! In love people are the corniest person in the world!” Key remarked.

 

“It may sound corny to you guys but it’s a fact for us!” I reasoned out and laughed.

 

Our conversation was interrupted when Krystal called me. I said my goodbye to these two idiots and walk over to my girlfriend. When I get near her, she showed me my test paper and it’s too late for me to escape from her wrath.

 

“I’m sorry! I tried my best to pass our exam but I guess my best wasn’t enough.” I sighed.

 

She smacked me on my head and honestly, it hurts. I closed my eyes when I saw that she raised her hand again. I was waiting for her hand to land on my head but seconds had passed and nothing happened. I slowly open my right eye and saw that she is just looking at me…with a smile on her face.  Maybe she’s a saddist, she enjoy hurting me.

 

“Stupid!” she spoke, stressing out the word. “Whether you meet my expectations or not, it won’t change my feelings for you. There may be a big difference between us but together, we are perfect!”she continued which made me grinned.

 

“You overheard what we had talked back there, didn’t you?” I and she elbowed me on my stomach which made me groaned.

 

Yeah, she’s violent and maybe a saddist but she’s the girl I am madly in love with right now and this is what matters to me. She might have some flaws but for me, she’s close to perfect.

 

‘Well, almost perfect!’