12.5

Almost Perfect

AMBER’s POV

 

I decided to forget my feelings for Krystal and just moved on. If you love someone so much, it’s hard to forget them. I distance myself from her, avoid her as possible as I could. I stop seeing her, talking to her, and contacting her. I did all those things and somehow, my feelings for her slowly fade.

 

“Noona, I already bought everything on the list, is there something you want to add?” I asked Noona over the phone while I’m paying the grocery items on the counter.

 

“Can you drop by in the café and buy me my favorite cake? Buy one whole of cake.” She replied to me.

 

“Okay.” I answered before I hang up.

 

“It’s 43.36 dollars Sir.” The cashier told me.

 

I gave him the cash before I left with the shopping bags. I head to the café to buy Noona’s favorite cake. The girl over the counter was the one who attended me. She gave me her friendly smile and I smiled back to her.

 

“One whole red velvet cake.” I said to her.

 

“Good choice.” She answered.

 

I waited for her to finish packing the cake. I roamed my eyes around, and I got a bit startled when someone covered my eyes with his or her palms from behind. My heart started to pound thinking that it might be Krystal. I don’t know what to say to her if it is really her.

 

“Guess who?”

 

“A strange girl who just decided to cover my eyes.” I answered her and she giggled.

 

It made me feel relieved when I confirmed that it is not Krystal. I guess it’s been a while since I last saw her because I forgot the smell of her perfume.

 

“Pabo!” she remarked and took off her hands from my eyes. “It’s me, Suzy!” she said happily when I turned around to look at her.

 

“S-Suzy? Wow, I can’t believe that you are here!” I said in disbelief.

 

Suzy is my classmate during elementary and middle school. She is one of my close friends. They migrated to US after middle school and since then, I did not see her anymore. She is acquainted to Krystal too, they are actually close just like us. We are in the same circle of friends.

 

“Did you miss me?” she asked with a sheepish smile.

 

“Of course, come here.” I replied and gave her a hug.

 

“How are you? When did you come back?” I asked frantically after we broke our hug.

 

“Just yesterday. I’m glad I saw you here.” I she replied to me. “Anyway, I have to go now, my Mom is waiting for me back in the car.” She said pointing out the black car parked in front of the café. “When will I see you again?”

 

“Let’s have a dinner tonight in our favorite diner. That is, if you are free.” I answered her.

 

“You are lucky Mr. Liu because I am free.” She said playfully and giggled. “So see you later?”

 

“See you later.” I answered her.

 

I waved at her before she gets inside their car. Suzy hasn’t change even after those years had passed. She is still the same. I missed her eye smile.

 

“Sir, here’s your cake.” The counter girl said to me.

 

“Oh thank you!” I said to her.

 

“You and that girl looked good together. I think she likes you.” She said to me which made me chuckle.

 

“Perhaps as a person, but you see, she already liked someone romantically.” I informed her.

 

I told Vic-noona about Suzy’s return when I got home. She got excited to see her and told her to bring Suzy in our apartment so they can meet. When I invited her to join in our dinner, she refused to come. It’s odd, I thought she likes to see her but she joined us in our dinner.

 

“Amber!” Suzy called me and I got embarrassed for arriving a little bit late.

 

“Did I make you wait too long?” I asked her. “I’m sorry!” I continued and bowed to her.

 

“Haish! It’s okay! I just got here too.” She said and giggled. “Let’s not waste time, let’s go inside and feast!”

 

We head inside and she ordered her favorite. I bet she missed her favorite Korean food.

 

“Anyway, how are you and Krystal?” she suddenly asked me in the middle of our meal.

 

“We’re okay.” I answered shortly.

 

“Is she your girlfriend now?” she asked me.

 

“Unfortunately, no! She’s dating someone one and they are happy in their relationship.” I replied to her. I am not really sure if Krystal and Suho are officially dating now.

 

“So it means you still like her until now? Even if she’s dating someone else?” she asked me.

 

“I am not sure about that. I already let go of my feelings for her.” I answered her. “How about you? How many hearts did you break?”

 

“Excuse me, Liu! I am not like that!” she said to me and I chuckled.

 

“Mianhae.” I said to her and she narrowed her eyes on me before she continued eating. “So do you have a boyfriend right now?”

 

“Nope, I’m still single.” She answered to me. “If you are interested, you can apply.” She continued with a sly smirk.

 

I just laughed at her in respond. Every day, we always hang-out together. She often stays over in our apartment to hang-out with Noona. We became closer and closer to each other and I never felt this happy before. I thought I will never be happy like this but because of Suzy, I did. Each day, I find myself falling deeply in love with her.

 

“What are you thinking?” she asked me which snapped me out of my thought. She sat down next to me on the sofa. “Krystal?”

 

“No.” I answered her.

 

“Is there something bothering you?”

 

“None.” I assured her with a smile. She raised her brows obviously not believing me. “Seriously, there’s nothing bothering me.” I convinced her.

 

“Well, if you are ready to share it, I’m just here.” She said with a comforting smile as she patted me on my shoulder and stood up.

 

Suzy never fails to make me smile. I know that I love her, more than I love anyone before. My feelings for her are different. The next day I invited her, I’m planning to confess and ask her to be my girlfriend. I don’t want to waste anymore time. I brought her to the theme park and unexpectedly we came across with Krystal and Suho. After how many months we finally meet again.

 

“Hey!” Suzy greeted them first.

 

“Hi!” Krystal replied with a smile.

 

I curved a smile at them when she looked at me. I nod my head to Suho and he did the same. I was right, Krystal is happy with him and I’m glad to know it.

 

“So are we having a double date today?” Suho spoke.

 

“That’s a good idea! It’s okay right, Am?” Suzy said.

 

“Yeah, I’m cool with it.” I replied with a smile.

 

We we’re trailing behind Suho and Krystal. The couple is talking happily to each other. I averted my eyes from them and looked at Suzy who somehow is looking worried.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Are you okay in this set up? I forgot that…”

 

“Don’t worry Suz, I really don’t mind. I already get over with her.” I reassured her with a smile.

 

She smiled back at me  looking a bit relieved. She looked at Krystal at Suho.

 

“You know, you had your chance on her. If you didn’t give up, I think you will be the one walking beside her right now.” She spoke.

 

“I didn’t regret giving up on her. I don’t mind losing that chance because if I didn’t, I won’t realize who’s the perfect girl for me.”

 

“Who?”

 

“You.” I answered with a smirk.

 

Suzy stopped from walking and is looking at me with widened eyes. I bet she got surprised by my sudden confession.

 

“Y-You’re kidding me right?” she said in disbelief and I shook my head.

 

“I do love you Suzy Bae.” I said to her more seriously looking straight into her eyes.

 

Suzy suddenly hugged me which got me a bit surprised. I got really nervous of how she will take my confession. Other people we’re looking at us, Suho and Krystal stopped in their trance too and turn around. Suho gave me thumbs up and Krystal just gave me a faint smile.

 

 

MY DEAR READERS, I WILL MAKE UP TO YOU IN MY OTHER FICS. FOR NOW, I WILL END THIS ONE SHOT WITH SUZBER. AT LEAST, KRYBER ARE HAPPY WITH THEIR PARTNERS. SORRY FOR MY SELDOM UPDATE, I'M BUSY THESE DAYS. SCHOOL MATTERS.